• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Actually, all you need to do is someone to invade you using the password feature so level doesn't matter. They let you kill them, your character tendency gets whiter. At most a few "invasions" like that and you'll be pure white.
Toytown Assassin helped me today to do just that.

Thanks nonetheless!

Sinthor

Gold Member
Toytown Assassin helped me today to do just that.

Thanks nonetheless!
Does anyone know for sure if you can summon someone in a level you've beaten? I know you can be invaded if you're in human form at any level or time, but not sure about summoning?

Sinthor

Gold Member
Well, my pulse 3d headset seems to be broken. Used it a bit last night and plugged it in to charge for at least 3 hours. Put them on this morning and it still showed battery wasn't fully charged. Now I plug them in and the yellow light blinks once. Not continually as it did before when they were charging. Tried different cables, the front of the playstation 5...nothing will charge them. Initiated a return, which is quite a few hoops thru Sony direct. But supposed to have an email in 24 hours to continue the process. I hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue with these headsets. I really like the Pulse 3D, but this was only the 4th time I'd actually used them. Quite the bummer!

MiguelItUp

This is the furthest I've gotten into a Souls game, and I'm really enjoying it. When the OG came out, the red dragon's fire breath clipped a building and instantly killed me. I raged and sold it like a week after launch, lmao. My experience has changed immensely. Maybe because I'm more patient now? Or maybe because there was more to play back then? Dunno. All I know is I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Love it a ton, actually.

I will say I feel like my boss flow has been interesting, lmao. Definitely died the most to Flamelurker, runner-up thus far was probably Old Monk because it was such a gamble. But I killed Armored Spider, Adjudicator , Leechmonger, and Man-eater on the first try. Just rolling with a barbarian build, but I definitely grinded a bit cause I figured, why not? 👀

GymWolf

Not to offend you.

Seemed to be the easiest solution.

If i start sprinting the response is not initial. Takes a little bit of time.
I was not offended at all dude.

My problem is that he start running and then stop after 1-2 seconds, and i have to purposely presse the cirlce harder to get the input right.

Well, my pulse 3d headset seems to be broken. Used it a bit last night and plugged it in to charge for at least 3 hours. Put them on this morning and it still showed battery wasn't fully charged. Now I plug them in and the yellow light blinks once. Not continually as it did before when they were charging. Tried different cables, the front of the playstation 5...nothing will charge them. Initiated a return, which is quite a few hoops thru Sony direct. But supposed to have an email in 24 hours to continue the process. I hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue with these headsets. I really like the Pulse 3D, but this was only the 4th time I'd actually used them. Quite the bummer!

Mine are working great still. It might just be a faulty unit

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, I've hit a wall again with this game and I'm not sure if I'll continue or not. 4-1 seems just downright cruel to me. Somehow, I have dark tendency on the level (maybe because of the number of times I've died there? I'm still not really sure how this works.) So I can get pretty far into the level, but those stupid manta ray things keep throwing crystals that take about 1/4 of my health bar. I've found some spots where I can pick them off here and there but they usually don't come close enough for me to hit them with my magic, but their crystals seem to have unlimited range. It doesn't help that the red glowing skeletons have shown up now and they can easily one-shot me, and take several good hits to kill.

I spent about 4 hours this morning trying to beat this level. I probably shouldn't have been keeping track, but I've lost about 100,000 souls in all. I'm soul level 45, so it's starting to take a massive investment in time now to level up even more. I'm not really sure how to take the world tendency here back to white, I've read that I need to invade other players worlds and help them kill bosses, but I'm not even sure how to do that. I've also read that this isn't even the hardest level, and the fact that I've played this game for nearly 35 hours now and have still only beaten 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, and 3-1 probably means that I'm actually too retarded / not good enough reflexes to play this game properly.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
Well, I've hit a wall again with this game and I'm not sure if I'll continue or not. 4-1 seems just downright cruel to me. Somehow, I have dark tendency on the level (maybe because of the number of times I've died there? I'm still not really sure how this works.) So I can get pretty far into the level, but those stupid manta ray things keep throwing crystals that take about 1/4 of my health bar. I've found some spots where I can pick them off here and there but they usually don't come close enough for me to hit them with my magic, but their crystals seem to have unlimited range. It doesn't help that the red glowing skeletons have shown up now and they can easily one-shot me, and take several good hits to kill.

I spent about 4 hours this morning trying to beat this level. I probably shouldn't have been keeping track, but I've lost about 100,000 souls in all. I'm soul level 45, so it's starting to take a massive investment in time now to level up even more. I'm not really sure how to take the world tendency here back to white, I've read that I need to invade other players worlds and help them kill bosses, but I'm not even sure how to do that. I've also read that this isn't even the hardest level, and the fact that I've played this game for nearly 35 hours now and have still only beaten 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, and 3-1 probably means that I'm actually too retarded / not good enough reflexes to play this game properly.

Maybe use the adjudicator skip to skip all that and get to the boss? What soul level are you? Maybe link up with some people to help?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Maybe use the adjudicator skip to skip all that and get to the boss? What soul level are you? Maybe link up with some people to help?
I have no idea what that is. Is it an item I'm supposed to have or something?

Summon someone, also run from the Manta Rays if you can’t kill them. Just take cover somewhere. They aren’t your biggest issue, that would be the skeletons.

Don’t quit.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
You can look it up online but if you roll from the top of the wall near where you get the copper key, you can skip over to the area right near the boss. Or summon someone.

iorek21

This is my first time playing Demon's Souls, and I can see how it built the foundations that made Soulsborne so great.

With that said, the game does feel a lot more gimmicky than the rest of the franchise, lots of "puzzle bosses". I'm very disappointed with God Dragon, it is a better Ceaseless Discharge "fight".

As of now, Flamelurker is the best boss I encountered, too the run to the fog wall is so annoying.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Pamnuqm.jpg

PJOofiF.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
game is gonna be too hard in black level tendency. i would recommend you go and finish up world 2 then do 5-1 and then come back. if you need help turn this world pure white, hit me up on psn. PSN ID: TheNegativeDude. i will let you kill me 3-4 times and the world should turn white making it a bit easier.

4 is the hardest most difficult world in the game. 4-2 nearly broke me both in NG and NG+.

use the skip to get to the adjudicator boss. hes an easy boss, but i would recommend you go and do the other worlds. you shouldve beaten the game in well under 30 hours so you might need some help, just summon a few players to help with the bosses. thats what the summon is there for. not everyone is a god in souls games, and its much better to just run through the game once doing coop and understand the mechanics and level layouts then try it again solo.

FunkMiller

Just bitchslapped Penetrator first time exclusively with Soul Ray. Magic really is easy mode, and I can’t believe this is the first Souls game in eight years I’ve really used it properly.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Salmon

FFS patch the game PLEASE. Tried the
Maneater
boss again, and the second one got stuck in the tower! How is this even possible. Managed to kill the first one, but had to reboot the whole game. Ran around for like 15 minutes trying the get that motherfucker down. Read that this could happen in the original game as well. I can’t stand this boss any more. It’s impossible when the game is broken!

Malakhov

Banned
Told myself I was done with the game for the weekend but I finished world 4, this game is pure crack

Why are red eyes skellies at the start of the game easier than the 4-2 boss lol

game is gonna be too hard in black level tendency. i would recommend you go and finish up world 2 then do 5-1 and then come back. if you need help turn this world pure white, hit me up on psn. PSN ID: TheNegativeDude. i will let you kill me 3-4 times and the world should turn white making it a bit easier.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Magic always seemed cheap/boring to me, and the guy on the front of the case is a knight covered in armour not a fairy shooting light out of his hands

So if they put a mage instead of a knight will you pick one? .. Yes? No!
it’s not about “ a knight “ it’s about how you see your self fighting beasts, some like me I could be both a knight and a mage so I can cut through some obstacles. Choosing a mage ( my class ) is giving me choices how to reach in many ways and helpful ones too.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Make sure you're not using a slash damage weapon. Piercing works best, blunt does ok.

so I can now kick their ass with a spear. But how would you even know to change to a piercing type weapon. And I’ve heard the skellies are susceptible to blunt. I suppose are you just meant to experiment? So bloody good this game. Picked up Ghost of Tsushima as I’d never played it and am enjoying it but this remake has spoiled me. The visuals, gameplay, atmosphere is just so good.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just bitchslapped Penetrator first time exclusively with Soul Ray. Magic really is easy mode, and I can’t believe this is the first Souls game in eight years I’ve really used it properly.

giphy.gif
Magic in Dark Souls 3 was nerfed to hell especially at the beginning.

Same thing in bloodborne.

R6Rider

Gold Member
so I can now kick their ass with a spear. But how would you even know to change to a piercing type weapon. And I’ve heard the skellies are susceptible to blunt. I suppose are you just meant to experiment? So bloody good this game. Picked up Ghost of Tsushima as I’d never played it and am enjoying it but this remake has spoiled me. The visuals, gameplay, atmosphere is just so good.

Yeah the more you play with various weapons and magic you'll learn what works best for certain enemies.

Nymphae

Banned
So if they put a mage instead of a knight will you pick one? .. Yes? No!
it’s not about “ a knight “ it’s about how you see your self fighting beasts, some like me I could be both a knight and a mage so I can cut through some obstacles. Choosing a mage ( my class ) is giving me choices how to reach in many ways and helpful ones too.

I was just attempting to be humorous lol, I'm sure it's fun, though I do strongly prefer melee builds.

JimiNutz

Banned

This is almost me word for word, except I'm maybe mad enough to still be enjoying myself.
Its taken me 30 hours to beat 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 and 3-1. I am tackling 4-1 at the moment and also have dark tendancy.

I'm not sure how I've ended up with dark tendancy as I'm sure I've only died once in body form on 4-1 but I was also invaded by another player and killed in this world so maybe that's what's caused it?

Those red skeletons can be annoying but I practiced a bit this evening and think I can consistently best them now. I don't have any magic but I deal with the rays using my bow and it only takes a single arrow to bring them down.

For the most part I'm still really enjoying myself despite sucking but I must admit I did have one moment today where I was battling one of the red skeletons and my gf came in the room asking me something about dinner and I lost concentration, died and lost around 18,000 souls lol

I did rage and consider quitting for a split second but I've decided I'm gonna keep plugging away at it because ultimately I still think the game is awesome. One positive about dark tendancy worlds is that you seem to earn more souls and so I've managed to level up my character a bit by farming souls here while I practice.

I think I've come to accept that it may take me 100+ hours to beat the game and I'm fine with that. I'll take my time and play some other games in-between if needed but I don't want to give up just yet.

TheUsual

Gold Member
God Damn 3-2: The Maneater fight is just frustrating. The Flamerlurker was tough and hard but not this. Best I've gotten so far is one down to one hit left and the 2nd one about half health and I keep messing up.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned

Use thief ring the mantas will ignore you most of the time

Last edited:

Tmack

Currently stuck at boss on 2-2.... i did 1-1, 1-2, 2-1.... amd i suposed to go to another place before?

I have the falcion and it sucks to farm for grass a long time just to loose everything in one go damm.... Last attemp got him under 25% and my heart was pumping like mad but died anyway.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
God Damn 3-2: The Maneater fight is just frustrating. The Flamerlurker was tough and hard but not this. Best I've gotten so far is one down to one hit left and the 2nd one about half health and I keep messing up.
Yeah....Even Maneater's itself can't navigate the stage properly and so the entire AI goes really janky and unpredictable. As tough as Flamerlurker was, once you learn his attack pattern you can predict his attacks and punish him.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Yeah....Even Maneater's itself can't navigate the stage properly and so the entire AI goes really janky and unpredictable. As tough as Flamerlurker was, once you learn his attack pattern you can predict his attacks and punish him.

I will be online tonight starting in about an hour if anyone wants a summon. Not like I'm the best in the world at Demon's Souls, but I'm decent and I have characters from about level 30-60 that I can use.

Danjin44

I will be online tonight starting in about an hour if anyone wants a summon. Not like I'm the best in the world at Demon's Souls, but I'm decent and I have characters from about level 30-60 that I can use.
I recently finished my 3rd playthrough, I beat them 3 times and couple times in PS3 version. But I can’t give proper advice about how to beat them because it has very janky and unpredictable AI.

Currently stuck at boss on 2-2.... i did 1-1, 1-2, 2-1.... amd i suposed to go to another place before?

I have the falcion and it sucks to farm for grass a long time just to loose everything in one go damm.... Last attemp got him under 25% and my heart was pumping like mad but died anyway.

Malakhov

Banned
I recently finished my 3rd playthrough, I beat them 3 times and couple times in PS3 version. But I can’t give proper advice about how to beat them because it has very janky and unpredictable AI.
Horrible fight, took me 4 tries. I fought them on the middle platform and I was hiding behind that fountain or pillar/whatever in the middle. Then decimated them with dbs and cursed weapons. 5-6 hits and they die.

Malakhov

Banned
Most should know him but I can't recommend fightincowboy's videos/guides enough. He has videos for all levels, bosses etc .. give him a watch

#Phonepunk#

Banned
always forgot how there is so much comedy in these games. unintentional craziness between enemies and you and the environment.

earlier i was running across this bridge with the dragon breathing fire on it and two Fat Officials also throwing fire. as i ran the fire gradually took them down and killed other enemies leaving some item pickups on the ground. i grabbed some stuff at the end of the bridge and right as my character bent down to pick it up, a fireball flew over my head, missing me! i turned the camera and saw that there was a Fat Official who had thrown it nearby, and as soon as he was in screen he got destroyed by another fire wave from the dragon. it was hilarious shit, i could just see Dunkey narrating the comedy.

2-2 is one of the hardest boss fights in the game. i recommend going on to do x-1 of every world at this point.

4-1 and 4-2 are actually pretty manageable and fairly quick to knock out if you use the shortcut. use thief ring for the mantas. after you beat 4-2, that archstone is where you can meet an important NPC who moves to the Nexus and has cheap higher level healing grasses for sale.

but try not to die in human in world 4 because it will spawn a very difficult enemy at the start of the level. after you beat a boss, kill yourself in the nexus. that way you can die many, many times without it affecting the world.

Last edited:

2AdEPT

If you get to the first bridge you can fly over the bulkhead and drop down close ot the boss. That said, this level is annoying at first and takes practice and patience. Use the thief ring and you wont get as many mantas shooting you. There are a couple things in 4.1 you simply dont wnat to miss out on like the NPC in the tree, so so defintiely go back when you are more powerful and experienced.

I made my own video of the skip if the others didnt show you the best angle to jump etc. ;)

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
Took a while but I finally got it done.

The AI of the 2nd Maneater started glitching out not long after I killed the first one. I was at the brazier in the middle and it would just swoop in at one of the stair cases, hover there, and the fly off far away from the bridge. It kept doing it over and over again. Luckily I had a bow and arrows, shot it when it was hovering near me, and it unfucked itself and started behaving again.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Ok I this is just stupid lol .. I literally skipped the first world after the first boss thinking that it’s over and I went to other worlds fighting bosses. After 9 hours I discovered that I didn’t complete the first world and when I go there the level was easy even the dragon fire until I reached the tower knight and holy shit I spent much time on him just to damage him I don’t know if it’s because my level is high ?! Never know

Last edited:

Giles

Any tips for NG+?

I’m on the struggle bus after a relatively straight forward first play through.

I’ve a plus 3 dragon bone smasher which saw me through most of the previous playthrough but it just isn’t cutting it now. I’ve also got the northern regalia but my faith isn’t high enough. Might be an option to farm souls and level up faith?

My stats are attached. Gona get vit to 40 then not sure whether to go more strength or faith like I mentioned. Appreciate the help guys 🙈😂
NWbulQ6.jpg

Last edited:

2AdEPT

Any tips for NG+?

I’m on the struggle bus after a relatively straight forward first play through.

I’ve a plus 3 dragon bone smasher which saw me through most of the previous playthrough but it just isn’t cutting it now. I’ve also got the northern regalia but my faith isn’t high enough. Might be an option to farm souls and level up faith?

My stats are attached. Gona get vit to 40 then not sure whether to go more strength or faith like I mentioned. Appreciate the help guys 🙈😂
NWbulQ6.jpg
Unfortunately you chose one of the most fun, but also the most punishing builds to start out with. This kind of build can make you slow and clunky so you have to learn the openings of each enemy and punish their specifc weakness. Since you are in NG+ have you considered adding a little magic and miracles to your repetoire? There is a build called Demon Mage which maxes out both strength and magic stats! It kicks it obviously. THere are defensive buffs which make you tough for short periods and second chance is a life saver for low vitality builds like mine, but trivilizes fights with characters that have huge vitality as you get a whole second bar at half your normal vitality. EVen if you want to continue with your strength build and stick to it, you want to get that up to 40. Then, you want to add a buff to that...never go forth without enough buff. Yes! Im telling you to put the balm, on! LOL! Cursed weapon takes a bit of magic stats and three magic slots (so quite a bit of INT and you have to have saved Yuria the witch from 1-3 who you may not have stumbled over in NG unless you knew what you were doing as you need a key from 1-2 and a full set of fat minister gear.) THere is also a specifc boss soul you need which I forget right now. ONce you put cursed weapon on a clever or bone smasher you really havent maxed out what a strength character can do damage wise. Then the final step is to get gud, meditate for your openings, then pound the crap out of NG+. There is no reason to keep your character low in soul level unless you want to do PVP. 120 is pretty much the max for PVP and you will get owned in PVP with a STR build unless you know how to use it. It takes practice, but if you dont care no one else will....have some fun with your first run through of the game...challenge yourself later with specific limited builds. If you didnt get the meat clever in NG that is definitely a must. It scales SSA for strength dex and magic...and it can be buffed...at least it could be in the old game. The greatsword is also fun to try.

Rolla

Banned
I'm reading that playing in Souls form is my best bet but I need to die after beating the first boss? I'm slightly confused by this mechanic...

Like do I just die in the game and go back to the nexus then back to the campaign. Excuse my naievit

Danjin44

I'm reading that playing in Souls form is my best bet but I need to die after beating the first boss? I'm slightly confused by this mechanic...
If you want to keep your World Tendency to white yes, its better you be in Souls Form. If you want to kill yourself, it needs to be in nexus, since dying in there wont effect your World Tendency.

Top Bottom