• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designated Survivor (ABC) trailer - Jack Bauer is finally President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actor Kiefer Sutherland (“24”) returns to primetime in a conspiracy thriller as Tom Kirkman, a lower-level cabinet member who unexpectedly becomes president after a devastating attack on Washington. He will struggle to prevent the country and his own family from falling into chaos, as he is thrust into one of the most difficult presidencies in history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_f1v0Nx5Sw

Not sure how long good it'll actually be, but it's the best trailer I've seen for this year's pilot season.

Have you ever wanted a show that fully explains the chain of command for the presidency
Well now you have one
Edit: That actually looks dope as fuck

Zaptruder

Banned
In all honesty... if something like this happens... wouldn't people just be calling for elections?

Like we're really going to put up with some 110th in line for the chain of command president?

It's an unprecedented attack - calls for unprecedented solutions.

The much more devastating effect of such an attack would be the loss of all the other people that would've died in the explosion for a presumably low ranking cabinet member to become the president.

At best, you'd get to be president for the time it took to deal with the immediate crisis, then prep to hand over with a massive election cycle coming up.

jerry113

Banned
good concept ruined by the ABC treatment. would've been better on a cable network like showtime or hbo.

has potential and gives me partial BSG vibes - specifically roslin's inauguration as madame president

Rafy

I love everything about this trailer. My one nitpick would be seeing Maggie Q with blonde hair, I liked her much more as a brunette in Nikita and Stalker.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
not sure if I'm going to be able to buy Sutherland as someone in over his head. This should just be the next 24 season.

Slayven

So King Raplh Washington Edition?

51G3RDBKC9L.jpg

Slayven

In all honesty... if something like this happens... wouldn't people just be calling for elections?

Like we're really going to put up with some 110th in line for the chain of command president?

The much more devastating effect of such an attack would be the loss of all the other people that would've died in the explosion for a presumably low ranking cabinet member to become the president.

At best, you'd get to be president for the time it took to deal with the immediate crisis, then prep to hand over with a massive election cycle coming up.
If something like that went down, i bet you money elections would be the last thing on everyone's mind.

Tugatrix

Now this is something I might look into it, at least is a fresh idea and there is many ideas that can be explored in here, just don't over extend it

Rymuth

Its because it is an actual thing done for special situations.
They could have gone for Speaker of the house or someone lower - this has the ENTIRE goverment snuffed in one attack leaving a lone president trying to piece things together.

Aka, executive orders (finally looked it up)

jerry113

Banned

My guess is that in the show there's an imminent ongoing threat that requires immediate executive action and that there's no time to hold elections until later.

And probably some conspiracy inside job bullshit to draw the story out.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Well, who would become president? The cast majority of congress, and the entire cabinet would be taken out. I imagine you'd see a whole bunch of Governors run, but they would also be very busy replacing all those congressmen and senators.

AlexBasch

Looks interesting.

Specially after he went from badass Jack Bauer to that wimpy dad in that show in which he had a gifted mute son or something.

I mean, the father-son scenes were alright but past that? The guy was just thrown around and looked like a dumb guy overall. :/

This is actually an elaborate plan for 24 relaunch, that spans two networks. Fox launches a "brand new" 24 series, but eventually the characters from this series, and 24 cross each other, and it's revealed that this guy is actually Jack Bauer. It will go down in network television as the most craziest reveal, because it caused two networks to work close together. Sorry for no spoiler tag.

Some of the shots actually look like a movie. If you put green banner in the beginning you could have fooled me a short while. Also Mrs Hank Moody is the wife. I hope Duchovny give a cameo and drop the motherfucka line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom