• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Following - Kevin Bacon & James Purefoy - "Classic Poe" - Mondays on Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn the show was on fire tonight.

Ryan taking care of business at the prison and then falling off the wagon. Joe quoting Poe as his final words before he's executed.

It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. This show slays me.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
They killed Joe but the actor is still making appearances in Ryan's dreams/fantasies as seen at the end of the episode (for now).

Also before Joe died he stun gunned a officer in the eye until his eye melted off like a boss.
I just watched this episode last night. How sure are we that Joe is "really" dead? For all we know, the technician that set up the drugs as well as the physician that pronounced Joe dead were both his followers. I would not be shocked to see James Purefoy set up somewhere else should this series get renewed.

Also, why in the hell is any competent criminal worried about Ryan Hardy and his band of Merry Men? They have to be the most incompetently portrayed group of law enforcement officials on television since Reno 911.

Also, why in the hell is any competent criminal worried about Ryan Hardy and his band of Merry Men? They have to be the most incompetently portrayed group of law enforcement officials on television since Reno 911.

Well for one thing, nearly everyone they've gone after so far has ended up dead, one way or another.

Damn. Huge guilty pleasure for wife and I, one of the few shows we watch. I'd rather if have just ended with a plan rather than the axe. this is going to end on a cliffhanger and just be annoying. Horribly unrealistic, but very entertaining.

This season was pretty good to go out on. The part where fbi lady comes over and stalker fbi guy shoots her was wtf hilarious. This show reminds me so much of prison break. Made no goddamn sense but was fun to watch

~Kinggi~

Banned
Series finale was tonight. Didnt watch. Was more just surprised the show already ended. Show must have took a giant nosedive or something. I remember liking the first few episodes and then realizing the FBI were a bunch of total morons and that i couldnt stomach the bullshit anymore.

J.EM1

Oh this show. lol. Another series finale for the year. Going to miss this guilty pleasure.

Netflix/Hulu: pick it up for one more season! :p

netguy503

Oh this show. lol. Another series finale for the year. Going to miss this guilty pleasure.

Netflix/Hulu: pick it up for one more season! :p

Yea especially since next season seems so interesting with Ryan going evil (killing that woman), faking his death, and now on the trail of a secret organization of people. It wouldn't be "the following" really (no followers right?) but they had a good interesting idea for the next 12 episodes that could of been really entertaining. Fox should have gave it at least one more season.

And Claire not being in this episode/finale really hurt me. :(

Yea especially since next season seems so interesting with Ryan going evil (killing that woman), faking his death, and now on the trail of a secret organization of people. It wouldn't be "the following" really (no followers right?) but they had a good interesting idea for the next 12 episodes that could of been really entertaining. Fox should have gave it at least one more season.

And Claire not being in this episode/finale really hurt me. :(

His whole team has been killing people in cold blood for three series.

netguy503

Had no idea a new season was even made/aired lol. Guess I'll check it out out of morbid curiosity.

Yes and it had Hunter Parrish from Weeds. Glad he got more work. I'm really glad with the actors they got for these shows and since Joe's gone (I think him and Bacon probably are the most well known i.e. getting the biggest paychecks and now Fox doesn't have to worry about paying one of them) I don't know why this didn't get another 12 episode final order(it's not even full seasons like other shows).

:(

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yes and it had Hunter Parrish from Weeds. Glad he got more work. I'm really glad with the actors they got for these shows and since Joe's gone (I think him and Bacon probably are the most well known i.e. getting the biggest paychecks and now Fox doesn't have to worry about paying one of them) I don't know why this didn't get another 12 episode final order(it's not even full seasons like other shows).

:(
I still say that next season would have revealed that either the technician or the doctor in the execution chamber were followers of Joe, and that they faked his execution.

netguy503

I still say that next season would have revealed that either the technician or the doctor in the execution chamber were followers of Joe, and that they faked his execution.

But...that might of stopped next season from getting made. I'd rather have a final season without Joe (where else could his character have gone anyway?) then no final season at all. I didn't like Theo at first but I have to say he really grew on me. They did a good job with him.

I'm just glad the new girl they brought on for Ryan didn't end up with him. I hated her. Ryan and Claire forever.

thenexus6

God this show is pathetic, I wanted some epic Joe / Ryan scenes in the finale. I think Joe was easily the best part of the show.

I love that Ryan was confused by that evil woman trying to get information about what he knows. Ryan like I have no idea what you are talking about. Weird trying to shoehorn in this extra plot line and it went nowhere.

Although its shit I will miss watching it, I loved laughing at the incompetence of everyone.

Thinking back this show has seen alot of stuff, that awful short haired girl in the first season, crazy cult in the woods, crazy gray family, super hacker Theo

Hate on this show all you want but it is pretty ballsy, look at how much it has evolved since Season 1.

That being said there were so many questions left unanswered. Is Mendez's wife alive? Is Theo alive? Who is this smoking hot, rich, organized crime boss chick talking to on the phone?

I really wish they would have renewed this for a 4th season. I wanna see vigilante Ryan! D:

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the finale, Theo was an awesome villain. Joe is still GOAT, though.

Edit: Just read it was cancelled, what a shame, next season would have been interesting.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I loved the first 2 seasons but good lord I had to force myself through 3. Terrible. How could people have liked Season 3?
So bad. Oh, Claire I gone....just cos?

Really wish shows would quit while the getting is good. Scandal is about to fall into the same trap. Season 4 ended well. Show could have stopped right there and it would have been nice. You know they're going to fuck up season 5.

Enjoyed the last 5 episodes a lot, the last scene was awesome as season finale but sadly it was a series finale, and as series finale, I didn't like it.

I hope to see Jessica Stroup and the actor playing Theo in more tv shows, I really like them, and the Bacon of course.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I was half expected that Ryan would be trained by ghost Joe in order to take down Theo, at the cost of his own sanity. Like Ryan would be a one man Poe army, but they never went there which kind of disappointed me.

I would loved a Ryan/Joe buddy show. In the dream sequence when Ryan brook Joe out of jail gave me false hope.

someday

Banned
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would love another season with evil Bacon. I actually enjoyed this last season. Theo was a great antagonist up until his sister died. Joe was great at first but it just got too stupid and I never cared about the other old dude.

Ryan on a rampage across the U.S. Or Europe taking out whatever shadowy group the chick at the end was with would be pretty entertaining, balls out givin into to his inner joe. Hoping this will get picked up by Netflix or Amazon or Hulu for a final season or two.

T.O.P

Banned
This was me marathoning the first season

KAREN_THATSENOUGH.gif

Finished it in three days and now i'm trying to understand why i did it

...so...uhm...season 2 huh? Does Shawn Ashmore get naked or something? give me hope people, i'm trying to find the strenght

I also wanna see Emma die a slow and painful death

<3

This was me marathoning the first season

KAREN_THATSENOUGH.gif

Finished it in three days and now i'm trying to understand why i did it

...so...uhm...season 2 huh? Does Shawn Ashmore get naked or something? give me hope people, i'm trying to find the strenght

I also wanna see Emma die a slow and painful death

<3
Just continue this show gets crazier and crazier :D Seriously it gets far more stupid then you would ever think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom