• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Following - Kevin Bacon & James Purefoy - "Classic Poe" - Mondays on Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

I don't wanna read anything in this thread to avoid spoilers (why? right?). I watched season 1 and it was awful. However I've got season 2 on my DVR. What say you GAF? Does it get better? Does it get worse? Like that's possible. Anyhow, is it worth it? or do I just delete it?

Overall, i'd say Season 2 is better and more coherent. It starts not bad at all and later weakens a bit. Give it a go, certainly if you were able to pull through S1.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I liked season two better overall but that ending ugh I don't even care who the driver is. Which means I'll still watch season 3! It's so bad the stuff Ryan and gang get away with seriously. I guess that's half the fun. I had no idea though it was picked up for a 3rd season till this morning reading this thread.

I hope they don't so the Hannibal plot thing with Joe helping Ryan. Bring back Mandy and make her Into a serial killer cause Korbon brought her back from the dead I don't know. Or Zombie Emma.

Rookwood

Banned
I dropped this towards the final episodes of season one for various reasons (mostly stupid cops and time) but I've been considering picking this up again. Did season 1 have a good ending, and how good is season 2 thus far?

malfcn

Wonder who was driving.
And when Hardy was in bed it sounded like there was a cough (part of the dream?)
Re-watching a few times I guess it was him kind of grunting in relief. First viewing I thought it was a cough and that fed the anxiety of the scene.

Somnia

Decent finale but I'm not fully satisfied with it. The best thing this season was the new girls, glad that Max didn't die.

My guess is that next season will be the last, to bad that the Joe/Claire nonsense will continue.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/30/the-following-finale-post-mortem/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainmentweekly%2Fausiellofiles+%28Entertainment+Weekly%2FEW.com%27s%3A+The+Ausiello+Files%29

I have a feeling Claire won't be in next season, she kind of gave her goodbye as a way out of having her return to the show imo

I do wonder who was in that vehicle at the end.

I predict next season will definitely be a "Hannibal" type of deal, with them enlisting in Joe's help to catch some new serial killer. Which would be kinda neat, since if there's one thing the finale got right, it was Ryan and Joe teaming up. Their banter has always been great but them working side by side was something funny and entertaining. As bad as the show is, that's something I can watch.

Kevin

So I just started watching this show. I only watched the very first two episodes so far. Not entirely sure what I think. At times it's fun and I like Kevin Bacon as an actor but the show's main plot is really bad.

We are suppose to believe that Joe has managed to get this massive following of people to do his every whim... from the internet he was using in a max security prison? Even if he was able to some how do whatever he wanted on the internet for years without anyone in the prison finding out, I would STILL find it hard to believe he was able to convince so many people to commit massive crimes in his name. Most dumb plot I've seen for a tv show in years... that is unless things get better explained in later episodes?

Anyways I'm about to watch episode 3? Does this show get better? What does GAF think of The Following?

someday

Banned
The general consensus is that season one is pretty ridiculous but at some point you can't stop watching. Season 2 is a lot better and most of the people that made it this far are planning on watching season 3.

Kevin

It's funny because I just recently wrapped up season 2 of Hannibal (my favorite show on tv) and wanted something to fill the gap for now. The Following obviously isn't as good but it's kind of fun. We'll see how far I can get... :p

theaface

It's funny because I just recently wrapped up season 2 of Hannibal (my favorite show on tv) and wanted something to fill the gap for now. The Following obviously isn't as good but it's kind of fun. We'll see how far I can get... :p

That might well be the greatest understatement of all time!

Kevin

I just finished episode six and I am completely amazed at just how many people apparently Joe was able to "convince" to do his evil bidding. Even people in the police apartments in local areas. lol this show is completely unbelievable at times... and yet I can't stop watching this mess. lol

thenexus6

Yeah this show was a completely joke most of the time, I continued watching just to see how crazy and stupid things would get. Was not disappointed.

Siegcram

I just finished episode six and I am completely amazed at just how many people apparently Joe was able to "convince" to do his evil bidding. Even people in the police apartments in local areas. lol this show is completely unbelievable at times... and yet I can't stop watching this mess. lol
You have seen nothing yet. It gets like Dexter levels of stupid.
Also, pro-tip: read the AV Club reviews + comments.

Just watched episode 9. It is bad but oddly enough I'm enjoying it anyways. lol

As I always say, season 1 is great as long as you can accept that the police force are complete idiots, otherwise Ryan and Joe play off great against each other.

Season 2 is overall great though (In my opinion), fixed the stupid police problem for the most part and had and interesting story.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
As I always say, season 1 is great as long as you can accept that the police force are complete idiots, otherwise Ryan and Joe play off great against each other.

Season 2 is overall great though (In my opinion), fixed the stupid police problem for the most part and had and interesting story.
I wouldn't say they "fixed the stupid police problem" so much as they made the criminals equally inept.

I wouldn't say they "fixed the stupid police problem" so much as they made the criminals equally inept.
Hmm well for the most part the police are a lot better organised and make smarter decisions then they were in season 1 and as for the criminals for the most part I can't think of anything that stood out as 'Damn, that was just stupid' unless you count
Joe making all the wrong choices towards the end since he was starting to accept his time had come and it would have been a good end to his story

Of course I can't remember everything so there very well may be some good examples.

Like I said before though, for me season 2 was better and an enjoyable show and I can't wait to see what happens in season 3, even if it is most likely gonna be
a rip off of Silence of the lambs with Joe consulting with Ryan about catching the left over twin
since I still think that scenario will bring a lot of fun.

Kevin

Just finished season two. Thought that the ending was a bit weak. I read up on some spoilers for season three:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/30/the-following-finale-post-mortem/

It sounds like the show is mostly
done with Joe Carroll and everyone associated with him. I originally thought that maybe Ryan would consult Joe on other serial killer cases (Hannibal style) but that no longer seems to be the case going off of the spoilers.

I'm guessing that season three will have an all new serial killer along with more on the wonder twins. lol at least the one that is still alive.

So far we don't really know anything about season three other then what I posted above. Definitely not enough to get excited about. This show is certainly dumb fun but I'll definitely watch season three anyways.

Does anyone have any recommendations for shows to watch that are similar to Hannibal and The Following?

Lev

I just love how all of these random killers can take down any FBI easily on this show except for Mike, Max and Ryan. This show really insults your intelligence but I am hooked. :/

Prologue

A certain somebody was at the food pantry I volunteer at sometimes, about a week ago( I wasn't there that particular day).

10672180_769294816450011_3677170114836797591_n.jpg

I dropped the show a few episodes into season 2. Given the reactions above I'm not entirely sure if I want to finish it and therefore subjugate myself to further stupidity.

Ashhong

I work at a place where I have to go through thousands of movie files and such. Whenever I go into a batch of The Following my productivity slows down and I end up watching so many scenes. The show is so bad..but I cant help myself lol

someday

Banned
Wow, that just shows how little I watch Fox. I had no idea this was back so soon. Time to set the DVR for more Classic Poe.

Actually a very solid season premiere.

Funny thing is though, it wasn't until the flash back scene with Mike and Max that I realized who Mark was.

I had honestly forgot and had assumed he was some new serial killer. Still the guy who plays Mark is doing an excellent job of being, well fucking crazy. Excited to see how this season goes.

Natiko

Banned
I was kind of hoping they'd do something completely new and hold Mark as a wild card for midseason, but oh well. I'll continue to watch no matter how stupid it may end up getting.

Started a little slow, but once the "twins" were having dinner I stood up, applauded, and thought to myself "Now The Following is back."

I loved it.

kyser73

Joe's ability to get a following to do bad shit for him is the least stupid thing about this show.

Had to give up 4 eps into S2 as started watching Hannibal and the quality gulf was too great.

Ricker

The first episode of this season wasn't so bad although I found the nut job talking to himself through a small mirror attached to a mannequin hilarious instead of creepy lol...

Link

The Autumn Wind
I don't care what anybody says, I love this show. This season has been great so far and they've done a much better job of not having the FBI and cops be completely incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom