• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Nightstalker used to be an essential class in D1 raids.

Why did Bungie make hunters so useless in PvE in D2?

Titans have rally baracade. Warlocks have empowering/healing rifts.

Hunters have a no team oriented ability all they can do is wombo.

Will Bungie respond to all the “no hunters plz” posts on LFG?

I was in the Throne room last night covering a side by myself on a Celestial Nighthawk Hunter with a 3 Recovery stat which produced some incredibly intense moments (one in which I had no choice but to try and revive a player while standing inside the shield of a Cabal Elite with literally no health showing on my health bar...got it done) during the last minute of our successful run.

...but yeah the Hunter class (my favorite class) needs some re-working.

Vic_Viper

Beat the campiagn yesterday with my Alt. First time playing as a Titan! When I finished the story I was level 290 lol, and that is just with weapons transferred from my main, the Clan Engrams, and Exotic armor purchased from Xur.

Any recommendations for the Best Builds for Titans? Which Subclass is best for PVP?

Btw, the Extoic Chest piece that auto reloads Auto Rifles is so sick when using Sweet Buisness! The Campiagn was so much more fun with it.

Nightstalker used to be an essential class in D1 raids.

Why did Bungie make hunters so useless in PvE in D2?

Titans have rally baracade. Warlocks have empowering/healing rifts.

Hunters have a no team oriented ability all they can do is wombo.

Will Bungie respond to all the ”no hunters plz" posts on LFG?

I wouldn't go so far as to say Hunters are useless in PvE, as a Celestial Nighthawk combined with Way of the Sharpshooter results in the highest burst damage in the game when you Golden Gun a crit location... but Hunters do have the least amount of support of all the classes. The most support they bring lay in The Way of the Outlaw tree, with Chains of Woe improving nearby allies reload speed or in Nightstalker's Way of the Pathfinder, with Heart of the Pack causing killed tethered enemies to create orbs while increasing Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery for nearby allies.

Both of those support abilities, however, lay in specific trees within specific elements and that definitely feels like Hunters were left behind when both Warlocks and Titans had their support placed in non-spec reliant class wide skills.

I've said it since beta. While the reload on dodge is very valuable individually, it would be great to see Hunter get some kind of group support as a class-wide ability. Barring that, there should be buff to their Dodge (short CD perhaps?) to offset the lack of support. My logic there being that if Hunters really are to be lone wolves, make them noticeably stronger at it.

It's also unfortunate to see Hunter's main stat be the one with the least effectiveness in PvE (Mobility only increases walking/strafing speed) while the most beneficial stat in the game for both PvE and PvP (Recovery) is essentially soft capped for them.

The result really is that in the hardest PvE content Hunters are more vulnerable and only provide utility in specific restrictive specs that excel at one thing (either trash mob cleanup in Arcstrider or Nightstalker; or burst damage against bosses in Gunslinger's Way of the Sharpshooter).

While I understand that the goal was likely to provide a tangible difference in the classes in terms of their roles within a group, in it's current state, Hunter doesn't so much feel different as it does basic. Like Hunter has no specialization as a class as it's utility is limited by needing specific subclass, tree, AND exotics to shine. I hope we see some adjustments eventually.

It seems like Striker is the best but I refuse to move off Mr. Bubbles completely so I stick to Sentinel for the most part mostly for nostalgia sakes but also to have two different (offense and defense) supers at one time.

Quikies83

Beat the campiagn yesterday with my Alt. First time playing as a Titan! When I finished the story I was level 290 lol, and that is just with weapons transferred from my main, the Clan Engrams, and Exotic armor purchased from Xur.

Any recommendations for the Best Builds for Titans? Which Subclass is best for PVP?

Btw, the Extoic Chest piece that auto reloads Auto Rifles is so sick when using Sweet Buisness! The Campiagn was so much more fun with it.

Nice going.
Striker subclass for PVP
Sentinel for PVE

Tawpgun

Way of the sharpshooter has the highest orb potential in the game. Don't sleep on it. You can chain supers really well.

But yes, I wish hunters had some better abilities. Nightstalker is a little weird. Works on some bosses and not others. Doesn't provide damage buff to heavy ammo.

I think arc is useless.

Way of the sharpshooter has the highest orb potential in the game. Don't sleep on it. You can chain supers really well.

But yes, I wish hunters had some better abilities. Nightstalker is a little weird. Works on some bosses and not others. Doesn't provide damage buff to heavy ammo.

I think arc is useless.

Arc is good for clearing trash mobs and in PvP. It provides zero utility as far as I can tell though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Are you done with your third attempt this week Grave?

Nope, still need on Hunter

Hunters need a team mechanic, the Dodge should do something

Titan Barricade helps them and the team
Warlock Rift helps them and the team
Hunter woohoo I dodged, reloaded my own ammo, woohoo I dodged I'm now invis
(It's like they made them be the lone wolf, yet you create this WHOLE FUCKING GAME to be Team Based!)

hemo memo

Gold Member

I think arc is useless.

Arc from the start of game to 293.

Hunters being able to drop ammo would be great for pve but wouldn't really be balanced for MP

It would be fine for PvP provided it was just Kinetic and Energy ammo.

Something like this would absolutely increase the value of Hunters in PvE but it would also almost force team composition, and that's not a good thing from my perspective.

The ammo issue needs to be fixed without attaching it to a class ability.

JHall

Arcstrider is currently the worst PvP subclass. No damage reduction, no movement speed buff, no way to close the gap on an enemy backpeddling away, etc. All you can do is twirl around like a fairy while you get melted by 4 Uriel's Gifts.

At least Nighstalkers neutral game is arguably the best; too bad tether has the damage of a slight breeze and doesn't instantly suppress other players when they walk by it.

Arcstrider is currently the worst PvP subclass. No damage reduction, no movement speed buff, no way to close the gap on an enemy backpeddling away, etc. All you can do is twirl around like a fairy while you get melted by 4 Uriel's Gifts.

At least Nighstalkers neutral game is arguably the best; too bad tether has the damage of a slight breeze and doesn't instantly suppress other players when they walk by it.

Arcstrider specifically does have damage reduction and movement speed buff. Way of the Wind has Lightning Reflexes which makes you take less damage while dodging when your super is up and Focused Breathing which reduces the dodge cooldown and has increased sprint speed.

phen0m24

What I would love to see Bungie do at this point:

PvP
1) Bring back Rumble. Make it 8 man Rumble.
2) Dump Supremacy in the deepest, darkest hole in the universe and then fire the Almighty at it.
3) Make an armor set that can only drop in crucible and some weapons as well, both with a FIXED number of random rolls. Remember in KF the raid weapons had 2 variants? For crucible make 5 or 10. People will grind if they have a 10-20% shot at a god roll - better than the 1 in infinity shot at a good Luna. The armor perks could have intrinsic reload perks.

PvE
1) Please bring back raid specific perks on armor and weapons. Make the rolls like KF gear. One two or maybe three variants.
Extra damage against dogs
Extra damage against Calus
Extra mobility in the gauntlet
Extra speed when carrying the orb
Extra damage or defense against orange bar enemies
EXTRA AMMO DROPS FOR THE TEAM
2) Can Flashpoints be "Complete these 3 Adventures" instead of farming public events? I can only shoot at so many extraction rig vents or try to solo the blight PE's that everyone skips anyway.
3) Give Lost Sectors a purpose. If you're 300 power LET THEM DROP PURPLES. Could also give them specific drops by planet and apply the multiple (fixed) roll variable to the loot pool. (1 in 5 or 10 chance you'll get the sniper or the primary with X roll)

QoL:
KIOSKS FOR EVERYTHING!!! Just do it already.
Breaking down duplicate raid weapons or armor should give TOKENS.
Make the raid bot a VENDOR. Spend your tokens on what you want, but make him like the old gunsmith. "I'm holding my tokens until Cumberbatch sells the armor or weapon with THE ROLL I WANT. That Titan helm with increased reload speed or defense" or whatever.

An aside on the random rolls:
I'm not saying bring back ALL random rolls, but I think the idea of a deeper loot pool with great rolls available but only like 5 or 10 total variants would increase people's grinding. It could be limited to raid weapons or gradually expanded across the loot pool to increase activity in certain things like Lost Sectors or Adventures or Faction Rallies or IB. People would run/play them for a chance at a god roll imo!

JHall

Arcstrider specifically does have damage reduction and movement speed buff. Way of the Wind has Lightning Reflexes which makes you take less damage while dodging when your super is up and Focused Breathing which reduces the dodge cooldown and has increased sprint speed.

In super you run at the same speed as any other Guardian. Meanwhile Striker Titan has increased sprint speed in super, more damage reduction, an instant win button with multiple slams after, and double pulse grenades.

You are making me sad with all the Hunter bad talk. I'm a hunter since D1.

ignore them. hunters are awesome :)

I main a Hunter and have since D1 Alpha. The point isn't "Hunters are bad" but that Hunters could use some love to improve group utility. It's important since high level activities in both PvE and PvP focus on teamwork and synergy.

In super you run at the same speed as any other Guardian. Meanwhile Striker Titan has increased sprint speed in super, more damage reduction, an instant win button with multiple slams after, and double pulse grenades.

This doesn't change the fact that Arcstrider does have damage reduction and increased move speed. They also have the best close range melee abilities of any of the Hunter subclasses. Another class having a spec that is less situational doesn't automatically make Arcstrider the worst subclass in the game.

Nope, still need on Hunter

Hunters need a team mechanic, the Dodge should do something

Titan Barricade helps them and the team
Warlock Rift helps them and the team
Hunter woohoo I dodged, reloaded my own ammo, woohoo I dodged I'm now invis
(It's like they made them be the lone wolf, yet you create this WHOLE FUCKING GAME to be Team Based!)

In normal play, Dodge to invis to rez does come in handy at times

Toli08

It seems to me like whoever designed the classes in this game despised the hunter class in Destiny 1 and wanted to turn it into complete crap. Everything that was good in Destiny 1 they removed or made worse.

Arc Blade turned into Arc strider complete trash and unusable. If the Hunter is all about movability how does it not get a speed boost in Arc Strider. Instead you walk as slow as a tortoise and twirl around in a stationary spot. Worst designed special and class in the entire game.

The Nightstalker tether needs to be able to give everyone a damage buff against bosses like in D1 and then the hunter would have a ability that everyone would want in the raid.

They also need to drop the cool down of the dodge. That thing can't dodge anything. If a hunter dodges you can still easily kill him like they did nothing. At least in D1 with the shadow step it actually was useful.

They completely ruined the class from top to bottom. Hunter needs a major overchange back to D1 hunter status.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
In normal play, Dodge to invis to rez does come in handy at times

Keywords "at times"

You can drop Rift be it weapon or healing and it can be at anytime, same for Titan
Hunter situational

Just needs something more, nothing crazy
Some say give them an ammo perk, just do "Hunters Gathering", Hunters while dodging recover ammo for themselves and team or Hunter while dodging dig up ammo packs (ONLY 1 kinetic, 1 energy, every 60-120 seconds) within 30 meter range

I really want Helm of Saint -14 and the Bones of Eao brought back.

The Helm would make the Ward of Dawn a lot more useful yet I can't see where that would be considered over-powered at any point/activity in the game (plus it looks cool) and Bones just makes mobility sublime and the Hunter deserves an upgrade.

Just quietly re-introduce them Bungie, like they were always there.

Megasoum

Banned
Leveling an alt right nowand I remember people suggested to keep all the gunsmith tokens until you get to a certain power level and then turn them all in at once...

What was that number again? 270?

Any Xbox one raid groups forming today? In several hours I'm going to get on and try to find a group. I'm like 296ish light and a warlock.

If anyone will have room/find a group later message me here or on Xbox to "The Papasmurf

I have not done the raid before, but I plan on watching some more videos and reading about it before I go in.

Sane_Man

If Presitge has no revives then will they get rid of the 30 second revive wipe mechanic?

Yeah, otherwise what would be the point even having a timer. It might as well just insta-wipe when someone dies.

I have a feeling there'll be revives in Prestige now. I think Bungie want to stop having people be out of action as much as possible now, if Nightfall is anything to go by.

Any Xbox one raid groups forming today? In several hours I'm going to get on and try to find a group. I'm like 296ish light and a warlock.

If anyone will have room/find a group later message me here or on Xbox to "The Papasmurf

I have not done the raid before, but I plan on watching some more videos and reading about it before I go in.
Join up to the destiny gaf discord if you haven’t.

We have a LFG Xbox channel on there.

Top Bottom