• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Time to kill for most guns will not be effected by this penalty.

IB/Trials "LEVEL MATTERS" is BS.

I mean I agree but when people are grinding out Grasp of Malok for a better Pulse Rifle for IB and Trials I imagine they are at the point where a 6-7% difference could matter in a small percentage of situations in IB and Trials. Your one v one TTK won't be affected but there are enough situations where I've barely been alive after a fight and if i were 6-7% lower i'd certainly be dead.

It won't matter for the casual PvP player but the people really into it will take that 6-7% even if it only matters 2% of the time because they are still playing 100s of trials matches a weekend.

I mean I guess it's not much but if you are that into the game I'm sure it is reason enough to go for 320.

LukeSmith

Is anyone getting elemental weapons off of Hard Oryx?

No. Elemental primaries are being left behind. They had the distinct and undesirable property of limiting a broad weapon sandbox to a few weapons.

You're free to disagree, but I strongly prefer the breadth of arsenal options, the potential of finding a better Legendary than you have to being stuck because of a damage color.

Additionally, no Legendary weapons with damage colors has the property of making secondaries and heavies more important because of their damage color.

Did someone 311+ open engrams yet?

If some 311 or higher gets a 310 exotic than that should pretty much put the theory to rest.
Even at 300 you could still roll 290 exotics, so a negative result won't be a confirmation. If we don't see a confirmed 320 exotic decrypt from the 311+ players by the end of today, I think it would be safe to assume they can't decrpyt to 320.

This is the power curve for Iron Banner. Trials probably won't be too far off since this was posted the week that Trials was going to occur. The red line is Take King.

delta_zoom.jpg

290 vs 320 is 30 or 3 ticks. So a 290 player will take a 6 or 7% penalty? That's not much. And the max light for blues is 300, so it'll really be 300 vs 320, so a 4% penalty. Not worth sweating.

7% penalty to both attack and defense.

And blue's dropping at 300 light is not super common. Most people require a few pieces over 300 to even hit 300 light when all is said and done.

LkPr

No revives in most areas.
Warpriest gets that reactive shield Taken Hobgoblins have
The are no checkpoints in the jumping puzzles, fall anywhere and go back to the beginning
Golgoroth now has a debuff where one person standing in the pool has 6 seconds to get out or they explode
Oryx has extra light-eater knights that spawn after the light-eater ogres.

I might be missing some others.

Any changes for Daughters?

E92 M3

No. Elemental primaries are being left behind. They had the distinct and undesirable property of limiting a broad weapon sandbox to a few weapons.

You're free to disagree, but I strongly prefer the breadth of arsenal options, the potential of finding a better Legendary than you have to being stuck because of a damage color.

Additionally, no Legendary weapons with damage colors has the property of making secondaries and heavies more important because of their damage color.

Amen

Mindlog

The whole post is truth, but that point in particular can't be emphasized enough.
Got a group for tonight? I m looking if you have a place
Not sure if there is space, but we're starting at 130 AM CET.

LTWood12

Honestly this is one of my favorite things about year 2. As much as I love Fatebringer, etc, it's fun actually using and discovering new and useful weapons on a weekly basis.

Just curious, did you guys every consider doing the inverse and making EVERY primary elemental?

Christ, Twitch people are so pathetic lol. I'm watching the guy who got the world first and people who consider themselves Goth's people (which is pathetic in and of itself) are just spamming the shit out of it lol

Deku Tree

I really think this is a good call. Elemental primaries really limited people's primary loadout choices. And prevented people from using exotic primaries.

But you could put in the game an exotic artifact that infuse primaries with a certain elemental damage type. That would be a good idea IMO.

BreakJohn

wellthereitis.gif

gotta say i agree with this. but i gotta ask is there something exclusive in the hard mode raid that we can hunt down? it kinda sucks to get the same gear over again only with higher light.

lt519

Luke, getting rid of Elemental Legendary Primaries was one of the best things about Y2, stick to your guns on that! (pun intended)

I really think this is a good call. Elemental primaries really limited people's primary loadout choices. And prevented people from using exotic primaries.

But you could put in the game an exotic artifact that infuse primaries with a certain elemental damage type. That would be a good idea IMO.

I think you'd end up with the same problem. Everyone would just infuse Hung Jury with Solar...

I could see a consumable working well. Costs enough you can't use it all the time and lasts for 15 minutes, something like a telemetry.

Yep. Both were discussed, the "additionally..." portion of my comment describes why it's not on everything.

Is there a reason why gear can drop at 310? Why not start at 315? It's not fun if you got a 310 normal drop and then a 310 hard mode drop. It's happened already.

Zoidberg

Hard choice to make, but the right one going forward. I've enjoyed using a variety of primaries so far that prior to TTK, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at.

KanameYuuki

So far 307 has been more than enough, sure I was getting hit a bit harder but nothing ground breaking, so there is no point in doing normal raid more anymore, it looks like the only reason hard mode was delayed for so long was just to give the game those few weeks of life and then start with the grind again for 31X+.

But the new shader looks really cool, I hope I get it soon, I'm kinda worried if we cannot get 310+ exotics from engrams.

Sky Walker

Yep. Both were discussed, the "additionally..." portion of my comment describes why it's not on everything.
How about a legendary or exotic upgrade item that can be infused with any kinetic legendary weapon to give it a specific elemental damage ?

This could be a special drop from raid or nightfall.

zewone

So...that leaves me with almost no desire to compete in Trials or do HM King's Fall.

That'll make the transition to Battlefront taking up my gaming time easier.

Thanks.

I'm totally in favor of this!

Someone on GAF in House of Wolves made a post about having a rule for themselves on strikes. The rule was: not to use any elemental primaries AND they had to use secondaries/heavies that match elements on shields (a la match game). They wrote about how it completely changed the game for them. Made it better even.

I tried it out and he was right. I see a wizard with solar shields, but I only have a solar fusion rifle? Welp, I can't hang back with Vision, gotta get up there. Or there are arc sword knights, but I'm trapped in a small room with only an arc sniper rifle? Git gud. Really forced me to dig around in my vault and really look at the weapons I had and use them. It was a fun way to play.

I love that all legendaries (& non-elemental exotics in PvE) are viable again and that the Year 2 sandbox is so big!
123051-Neil-DeGrasse-Tyson-I-like-it-BGKE.gif

lt519

The whole post is truth, but that point in particular can't be emphasized enough.

Not sure if there is space, but we're starting at 130 AM CET.

Yeah, we're full up and I'm 95% sure everyone will be there. You're starting at 130 AM with us?! You're crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom