• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
The rest of the game is shitty and repetitive so the solution is to stand, never moving, and shoot at a cave for hours?

giphy.gif

By the way, the Queen's Wrath Missions and the Nightfall strikes do give out legitimately good gear.

And I'm going to take specific issue with this:

All loot games are supposed to be the same? The game is clearly designed so you buy gear to advance. Unlike every other loot game out there you control your advancement. You do the strikes, you get rep & marks to buy good gear. Could it be buffed? Sure, but it's completely viable. I hit level 28 last night just doing patrols, strikes, bounties, etc. But people apparently refuse to buy things and are trying to make the drop system their only method of advancement, when it's not tuned for that. No wonder they're having a bad time.

OCD-ridden people will justify their assbackwards behavior however they can. I bought nearly all of my legendary/exotic gear from the Xur/Vanguard/Crucible vendors, including extra Legendaries to dismantle into ass-shards. The only exception were two lucky engrams I did not get by farming, which gave me a legendary helmet and an exotic handgun. You absolutely do not need to farm to level up in this game. I'm level 28 myself.

Tovarisc

Mhm, like you mention in the latter, my plans for Destiny raid are pugging it. There's no reason for a guild to do it together (Other than the achievement..but I don't really care about those). In WoW, doing it together with a group is well...you set a raiding schedule(Sometimes it can be like, Tuesday-Thursday, Friday-Sunday), you show up on those days, you work together to get materials for food and potions, flasks, you work out on strategies...it's a bonding experience. You work together on distributing the loot. That's something that missing in Destiny. Sure, you can do it with the same group of friends, for alot of people(I'm sure), raiding weekly isn't going to be a priority. So Pugging becomes the most effective way,and my thought process is 'Why am I going to pug this for a chance of loot?'.

It's the same for pugging in WoW-You do it for two reasons. One, for a chance of loot. Or two, to actually get the achievement for the raid which will give you leverage in joining a raiding guild and raiding weekly for guaranteed loot and meeting new people.

I feel if Bungie fleshes out the clan stuff, maybe adds erm, mounts(Ships and Sparrows) to achievements/accomplishments...it'd come along way for people to start organizing for it.

I did HC raiding in WoW from start of WotLK to end of Cataclysm. It was blast with good guild and required coordination [schedules to loot distro] like you said. Individual loot streams do take a lot of that away from Destiny while PUG's give you "Run when ever you want" possibilities.

Dedicated group in Destiny will help you a lot tho because runs will be sooo much faster and less headachy. PUG runs can take fucking forever and maybe never see last boss die.

Also to have proper guild motivation in Destiny they first need actually add clans into the game. Tag under your name means nothing if you need add every single person, one at the time, into your consoles friendslist.

I'm Level 25 and have unlocked the Queen's Mission. If I'm fireteam leader, I should be able to bring along my Level 20 friend into the mission with me, right?

I'm a level 21 and lucked into Restoration last night--got to the dark zone and got steamrolled by a few Shanks with fire shields. All I had to fight it was a fire-laced sniper rifle...I couldn't even start to kill them and went to orbit feeling like a huge loser.

Wish there was some sort of way to bridge the gap between the queen missions and level 20. At this point they're just as impossible to me as the raids. is my best option to just keep grinding for high light gear? Sucks.

Yeah its odd that the gear she sells for rep you need when you're 20 but should be 24 to earn.

At this point, i think you need to just find a few friends or Gaffers that can run you through it so you at least get the purples.

Seil

Can't do Nightfall I'm only level 24 :(

Can you do the heroic strike more than once and get the coins?

You can earn a total of 9 strange coins from the heroic strikes in a week. If you do the hardest difficulty off the bat, you're done. If you do the easiest for 3, the second will drop from 6 to 3, hardest from 9 to 6.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OCD-ridden people will justify their assbackwards behavior however they can. I bought nearly all of my legendary/exotic gear from the Xur/Vanguard/Crucible vendors, including extra Legendaries to dismantle into ass-shards. The only exception were two lucky engrams I did not get by farming, which gave me a legendary helmet and an exotic handgun. You absolutely do not need to farm to level up in this game. I'm level 28 myself.
you can get all the way to 29, without a single lucky drop. Working on my guide for that now :)

OTFIIIIIVE

EL CUCO

Can't do Nightfall I'm only level 24 :(

Can you do the heroic strike more than once and get the coins?

Say hello to the Cave :)

The ever so gracious Cryptarch netted me 2 strange coins last night, both of which came from Blue engrams.

Do you have another character built? You can earn extra coins from them and transfer to your current class through the Vault.

I did HC raiding in WoW from start of WotLK to end of Cataclysm. It was blast with good guild and required coordination [schedules to loot distro] like you said. Individual loot streams do take a lot of that away from Destiny while PUG's give you "Run when ever you want" possibilities.

Dedicated group in Destiny will help you a lot tho because runs will be sooo much faster and less headachy. PUG runs can take fucking forever and maybe never see last boss die.

Also to have proper guild motivation in Destiny they first need actually add clans into the game. Tag under your name means nothing if you need add every single person, one at the time, into your consoles friendslist.

Yeah. Like you said, I probably won't pug this......until next month? When everyone knows what to do . And yeah.....Bungie needs to up Clan implementation. Make it worth something.

I'm a level 21 and lucked into Restoration last night--got to the dark zone and got steamrolled by a few Shanks with fire shields. All I had to fight it was a fire-laced sniper rifle...I couldn't even start to kill them and went to orbit feeling like a huge loser.

Wish there was some sort of way to bridge the gap between the queen missions and level 20. At this point they're just as impossible to me as the raids. is my best option to just keep grinding for high light gear? Sucks.
Tag along with higher level friends for the Queens missions!

gatti-man

The items from the queens vendor are rubbish, and they take too much rep levelling to get access too.

The queen thing is only good for shards. I do the bounties then run through the mission fast and disassemble the legendary armor. Got 12 shards yesterday.

Just reach out to some Gaffers when you're on. I'm pretty much up for anything when I'm on (idling at level 25 at the moment) and I know a lot of folks will hop in and help a fellow out in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom