• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details on Noel Gallagher's first TWO solo albums (1st out Oct 17)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
You had to pull an example from 1997 to prove your point

I love the fact people all of a sudden have a huge problem with his voice, if there was still Oasis you wouldn't be making a huge deal... the fact people have to pick their fave parent is what's happening now, I say I can still enjoy both, why can't anyone else?

i think the only one picking their favorite parent is you

please.. we're not all teenagers

also where's your examples of liam's still having a good voice since you apparently keep up with beady eye on youtube

Medalion

Banned
I don't have to prove myself to anyone

I can enjoy it, if you can't, that is your loss

I don't have to pick a fave parent, I listen to both equally

bill0527

Oh boy.. shit just got real.

Noel launches a massive counter suit against Liam detailing over 15 years of Liam shenanigans.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/mobile/topc...liam-in-new-oasis-libel-feud-115875-23577024/

I wish I could call fake, but they've posted the actual court documents that Noel filed on Nov. 1st of this year.

There isn't a whole lot new in the documents that most of us hadn't heard before, except 2 things that Noel is claiming. He says Liam would leave abusive and insulting messages on Sara's (Noel's wife) mobile phone. Noel also said that they did in fact have a row over Pretty Green (which Liam denied), but Noel claims that the discussions over Pretty Green advertising were with Liam's intermediaries and not Liam himself. Noel claims that when he said no way in hell would Oasis be advertising Pretty Green, Liam began to become abusive to him on the DOYS tour, and they began to travel separately.

dazed808

Another set of UK dates for next year have just gone up on the website. Pre-sale is this Weds 9am with general sale Fri 9am.

14th Feb 12 - ABERDEEN, P&J Arena
19th Feb 12 - SHEFFIELD, Motorpoint Arena
17th July 12 - EDINBURGH, Edinburgh Castle
04th Sept 12 - BOURNEMOUTH, BIC
06th Sept 12 - LIVERPOOL, Echo Arena
09th Sept 12 - CARDIFF, Motorpoint Arena
10th Sept 12 - NOTTINGHAM, Capital FM Arena

Bournemouth's a cert for me and may well do the Cardiff one as well if I can be quick enough to get both!

Cousteau

www.NoelGallagher.com is pleased to announce that Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds have been confirmed as very special guests at the forthcoming Red Hot Chili Peppers gig at Croke Park in Dublin on 26th June 2012.

Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster, Ticketmaster outlets or via telephone on the 24 hour hotlines: ROI: 0818 719 300, Northern Ireland: 0844 847 24 55 and International: +353 1 4569 569

Wiktor

tbh even if liam's vocals are up one day and down the next you can't tell me it's anywhere near as good as it used to be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-g1OGxUBa8

i love him, but he's losing it unfortunately. where as noel's still got it.

To be honest though, he's dropping from far higher level than Noel ever was, but yeah Liam's voice has degraded. Still, it does seem to have improved somewhat now compared to last Oasis days.

My wife is Sitting here and watching One Tree Hill and the last show ended with what seems to be the entirety of IIHAG along with a CD plug at the end. Good US exposure....to teen girls and 32 year old women, but, still...

Meier

Recent ads for Kiefer Sutherland's new show Touch also used NGHFB in the commercials. They played Everybody's on the Run for a solid 1-2 minutes in one of the lengthy trailer type ads as well as a smaller portion during a shorter version if. I was freaking out!

Meier

So the show last night was absolutely amazing! We were about 5-6 people back from the stage which made it even better. My girlfriend and I met because of oasis so after dating for quite a long time (nearly 7 years..she was always anti-marriage but I decided enough was enough so to speak), I surprised her with a proposal during Talk Tonight. She said yes. :)

I'll have more photos and whatnot once we're back in the US on Saturday but here are two videos I took:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abellwillring/6789768488/in/photostream
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101588620773083

I'm so jealous, Meier, oh my god. And of course, congratulations! I wish you two the very best.
3AQmK.gif

This album is really growing on me.

I Wanna Live in a Dream (In My Record Machine) is probably my favorite track but many others are just as good. Every track on this album outdoes everything that Liam put together with Beady eye.

I hope there's a US tour with a good amount of tour dates. I'd love to see Noel live.

Cyan

Banned
So the show last night was absolutely amazing! We were about 5-6 people back from the stage which made it even better. My girlfriend and I met because of oasis so after dating for quite a long time (nearly 7 years..she was always anti-marriage but I decided enough was enough so to speak), I surprised her with a proposal during Talk Tonight. She said yes. :)

I'll have more photos and whatnot once we're back in the US on Saturday but here are two videos I took:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abellwillring/6789768488/in/photostream
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101588620773083

Congrats, dude!

Worth a bump. Was in DC last night for first show of latest Americas tour. Row G in the middle. Great show. Setlist was basically the same as Philly except Whatever instead of Wonderwall.

I have no voice today!

Meier

Oops, never did post more photos! Here are a couple my fiancee took..

429895_10101633330075283_5221790_75153390_858079783_n.jpg

429405_10101633327221003_5221790_75153372_1554651066_n.jpg

425874_10101633333144133_5221790_75153404_1344485660_n.jpg

420400_10101633327959523_5221790_75153377_303310355_n.jpg

432317_10101633332260903_5221790_75153400_755151739_n.jpg

And a few from the NME Awards where the lighting was definitely not conducive to getting decent shots from afar..

424545_10101633465354183_5221790_75154508_1955304289_n.jpg

428170_10101633468373133_5221790_75154527_792832286_n.jpg

431713_10101633466456973_5221790_75154514_958173417_n.jpg

418393_10101633467005873_5221790_75154518_1512558259_n.jpg

And two of Pulp for good measure:

428583_10101633456551823_5221790_75154452_542758194_n.jpg

427594_10101633455967993_5221790_75154447_761101818_n.jpg

Oops, never did post more photos! Here are a couple my fiancee took..
I might be remembering wrong, but I believe I remember her simply being girlfriend not too long ago. Congrats to you both!

Great photos too. Man, I need to go see him one day.
That shirt is rad as heck.

Just got back from the columbus show. Was great, i was about 8 rows from the stage! Although im super disappointed he didnt play wonderwall. MONA the opening bad was pretty good as well. Crowd was super into it tonight, he was particularly chatty with this group up front.

Meier

I might be remembering wrong, but I believe I remember her simply being girlfriend not too long ago. Congrats to you both!

Great photos too. Man, I need to go see him one day.
That shirt is rad as heck.

Hehe, you're right.. I proposed during Talk Tonight at the show! Hence the ring picture, haha.

I bought a shirt as well but it's a little tight.. doh! I'm not sure if European sizes are slightly smaller or if I'm just getting too fat or what. :(

Wow, I never knew Noel had such a large GAF following. Count me as a part of that. Love the HFB album but I'm even more excited to see what the AA stuff sounds like.

Meier

Noel was on All Things Considered yesterday, there's a 14 minute audio clip at the link:

"When you're in a band and there's five of you, you have to accommodate five people in every song," Gallagher says. "It was great to free up everything. The simple songs became more simple, and the more elaborate ones became more elaborate.

"I had a very clear idea that I wanted it to sound cinematic, but at the same time intimate and direct," he adds. "When I listen back, I wanted every verse to be like a scene in a film. I've had the best time making this record."

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/31/149564558/noel-gallagher-flying-high-after-oasis

Meier

Haha, my friend saw him in Chicago tonight and he had the NME Godlike Genius award on top of amp. That's hilarious!

535476_10151459566065230_791070229_23783108_1101795834_n.jpg

bill0527

Just got back from the show in Indianapolis.

Had a great time. I sat floor left 8th row. Got some great pics and video but can't be bothered right now cuz I'm in a hotel room about to fuck my wife.

Noel sounded great along with the rest of the band.

Funniest quip of the night...some random guy in the crowd yells out "Stay out of the taxis" (referencing the Oasis tour when they were here 10 years ago and Noel's taxi driver wrecked, Noel ended up in the hospital fucked up pretty good and had to cancel several dates)

Noel: Yeah I had a car crash in this town many years ago. I wonder what happened to that driver?
Crowd: *small laughter*
Noel: Did they put him in the electric chair?
Crowd: *laughs*
Noel: I'd like to give that fucker some American justice.

Meier

He's coming to Austin! Got our tickets for his co-headlining tour with Snow Patrol. For those who missed out on the news, here are the other dates:

Portland Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall (October 23)
Seattle Wamu Theater (24)
Vancouver Rogers Arena (25)
Edmonton Expo Centre (27)
Calgary Stampede Corral (28)
Winnipeg Centennial Concert Hall (30)
Minneapolis Roy Wilkins Auditorium (31)
Kansas City The Midland at AMC (November 1)
Hammond Venue at Horseshoe (3)
Louisville Palace Theatre (4)
Nashville Ryman Auditorium (5)
Dallas Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie (7)
Austin Music Hall (8)
Houston Bayou Music Center (9)

Tickets went on sale today at 10:00 AM -- some places had a pre-sale but no-go for Austin for some reason.

Meier

Just a quick heads up.. Noel is releasing a live Blu-Ray and DVD in about a month's time entitled International Magic Live at the O2.

Released on 15th October 2012, the new live DVD from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds filmed at London's O2 arena on 26th February is now available to pre-order.

International Magic Live At The O2 includes more than one and half hours of footage and comes with a bonus disc featuring an acoustic set from Noel live at The Virgin Mobile Mod Club, Toronto, the 'Ride The Tiger' video trilogy and footage from the NME Awards 2012.

The limited edition special edition format is a beautiful bespoke hardback book with a 20-page booklet and wallet, and features a demos CD called 'Faster Than The Speed Of Magic', which includes demos of all the album tracks, B sides and 'Freaky Teeth'.

All formats – standard, blu-ray and special edition – are available with an exclusive Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds world tour t-shirt, which is only available with this DVD.

We're offering everyone who pre-orders the DVD the chance to win a signed, personalised and framed set-list from the same show that the DVD was recorded at. 25 Runners up win a signed artwork print.
http://www.noelgallagher.com/#news/new-live-dvd---international-magic-live-at-o2

The O2 show is where I proposed so this will be pretty special for us! We also went to that NME Awards Show that they have footage from so it'll always be a cool reminder of our trip to London.

There are a variety of options including one with a tour t-shirt for the shows later this year. This is what I'll be getting...

blue-tee.jpg

INTERNATIONAL MAGIC LIVE AT THE O2 - BLU-RAY DVD, DEMOS CD & EXCLUSIVE T-SHIRT
$48
Over one and half hours of live footage. Filmed at the O2 London on February 26th 2012.

Includes Noel Gallagher acoustic set live at The Virgin Mobile Mod Club, Toronto, 'Ride The Tiger' video trilogy and footage from the NME Awards 2012

Plus an exclusive CD - 'Faster Than The Speed Of Magic' - featuring demos of all the album tracks, B sides and 'Freaky Teeth'.

Artwork by Julian House at Intro. Photography by Lawrence Watson and fans

High-definition video and audio

This comes bundled with an exclusive Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds 2012 World Tour T-shirt in light yellow with the High Flying Birds feather logo print on the front and the world tour 2012 dates on the back (September to November 2012).

Everyone who pre-orders will be entered into a competition to win a signed, personalised and framed set-list from the Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds show at the London O2 on Febraury 26th 2012. 25 Runners up win a signed artwork print.
http://www.noelgallagher.com/store/magic-prod.php?prod=6&cc=US

Not sure if posted but he's performing on the iTunes Live London 2012 thing this month!

Sept 12th!

Grab the iPhone/iPad app and enjoy!

Medalion

Banned
I feel kinda torn about supporting this blu-ray... not even Oasis got a world-wide blu-ray release. I want them to reform, and not give Noel a reason to stay a solo artist.

I know that sounds selfish but I'm just being honest, while his solo album is good, it's not something I listen to that much these days.

I feel kinda torn about supporting this blu-ray... not even Oasis got a world-wide blu-ray release. I want them to reform, and not give Noel a reason to stay a solo artist.

I know that sounds selfish but I'm just being honest, while his solo album is good, it's not something I listen to that much these days.

That's a pipe dream, while Noel is making great music in the real world. Even if they got back together it would last a month at tops. You know this is the truth.

Medalion

Banned
That's a pipe dream, while Noel is making great music in the real world. Even if they got back together it would last a month at tops. You know this is the truth.

I'm sure they would fight and leave in a huff as always, but they did that a lot back in the early days of Oasis as well... hoping they could last at least...2 months?

Medalion

Banned
Noel is once again going on record dismissing any possibility of an Oasis reunion and went as far as to say that not even if it meant saving all the starving children in the world, and how no one in Oasis gave a shit about the fans and how that wouldn't start to apply even now

http://audioboo.fm/boos/953528-noel-gallagher-on-liam-s-comments-that-oasis-could-reform

And yet there are still Noel fanboys defending him and still making Liam the villain... fanboyism to the bitter end.

But I will give him the fact, Liam suing Noel earlier would definitely squash that chance for at least well longer than 2015 reunion

Noel is once again going on record dismissing any possibility of an Oasis reunion and went as far as to say that not even if it meant saving all the starving children in the world, and how no one in Oasis gave a shit about the fans and how that wouldn't start to apply even now

http://audioboo.fm/boos/953528-noel-gallagher-on-liam-s-comments-that-oasis-could-reform

And yet there are still Noel fanboys defending him and still making Liam the villain... fanboyism to the bitter end.

But I will give him the fact, Liam suing Noel earlier would definitely squash that chance for at least well longer than 2015 reunion

I agree with Noel, what would they have to gain by getting back together? Their popularity was in decline overall despite a brief resurgence in public interest when DBTT came out. A reunion this early after breaking up comes off as a desperate attempt at reliving their "Glory" days, pun intended.

Medalion

Banned
And that is why he continues to play his Oasis songs with this new band, despite he won't call them his band yet.

He does not get to speak of how the other band members feel about the fans... and to callously say he wouldn't form the band even if a bunch of people, children, depended on it, never because he hates his former bandmates that much and doing stuff for fans was never anywhere in his equation.

I agree, they couldn't retop themselves, but to say it in the ways that he did was just cold and unprofessional.

Medalion

Banned
Really. Even if he wouldn't reform Oasis, you ignore everything else he said and the way he said it.

And apparently that 2nd album is not coming out, at least not the one supposedly with Amorphous Androgynous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom