• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: HR $9.99 on Amazon, redeems on steam

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Thanks, that's enough time to decide. Definitely a really good price, I just think that by the time I get to play it I may find it a lot cheaper. I have Dead Space 2, Arkham City and motherfucking Skyrim (still can't believe this one, thanks felipaopl :D ) on my backlog FFS

You're not gonna find it "a lot" cheaper by the time you get to play it.

Some of you guys really don't understand how insane this deal is, do you? I doubt this game will be cheaper than $10 even during Steam's spring sale.

cicero

I use Paypal on all these other sites so it's not that big of a deal.

Nice. I would much rather be getting these through Amazon.
Is there any way of buying multiple downloadable games/dlc in the same amazon order? I have yet to figure a way out myself, it really is HIGHLY annoying having to pay for each item individually. I have had my CC company put a stop on my account before because all the small individual charges looked "suspicious".

luiztfc

I'm getting higher prices (I'm not in the US) 16.98 USD for normal edition and 20.38 USD for the augmented one. Do i have to put some code? Is there a way to someone gift me the game.

alf717

Why would Amazon match the price at the former level now that Gamersgate has switched though?

I was thinking the same thing. Doubt Amazon will come through now. I hope they do because I've been really disappointed with the sales Steam is throwing out lately

I was thinking the same thing. Doubt Amazon will come through now. I hope they do because I've been really disappointed with the sales Steam is throwing out lately
I was worried too, but they came through in the end. I doubt they'll keep it like this for long though, they probably will adjust it to $20 in the near future.

I'm kinda torn between getting the missing link or not

Is it okay? 5 bucks is still pretty cheap

Where do you see that? The $5 I see but not the tactical thingy.
It showed up when I redeemed it on Steam

Retail Digital + Tactical Mission Pack DLC

cicero

Jumped on the Standard Edition from Amazon. The Missing Link DLC hasn't dropped on Amazon yet, really wanted to have both.

The Standard Edition and the various DLC was sitting in my basket as I was trying to figure out how to make my Blue Coins work towards my purchase, that was the only reason I hadn't bought it before the price switch... Way to lose a sale and further my suspicions about your basic competence and worthiness, Gamersgate.

Revoh

Does the $5 coupons stack? I bought Renegade Ops and now want Deus Ex, I'll have 2 $5 coupons that I could use later on BF3.

Sysgen

Jumped on the Standard Edition from Amazon. The Missing Link DLC hasn't dropped on Amazon yet, really wanted to have both.

The Standard Edition and the various DLC was sitting in my basket as I was trying to figure out how to make my Blue Coins work towards my purchase, that was the only reason I hadn't bought it before the price switch... Way to lose a sale and further my suspicions about your basic competence and worthiness, Gamersgate.

Steam pulled the same yesterday with Rage. Get them in the store. Once they're in it's anybody's guess.

Talyn

amazon price matched a price mistake, lol. wonder how long it'll stay up.
It's not the first time they've done so. During the summer sale Dawn of War 2: Retribution was mistakenly set to $7.50 on Steam during the last day for about an hour, if that, before they corrected it to $14.95. Amazon price matched it at $7.50 for the rest of the day.

gdt

Oh cool, I snagged the DLC before it raised in price. Yay me. No when shall I play it? I'll pencil it in for summer 2015...

Tenck

Reason why Gamersgate did the bait and switch is because they got greedy. They saw activity, and upped the price, hoping people would still buy it. Little did they know Amazon would save the day.

It's cool though, since I only needed GG for the DLC, and I had bought the game for $19 (still a steal) off Amazon a week ago.

theRizzle

If anyone is willing to buy one of these for me from Amazon and send me the key, I will gift you a $9.99 steam game of your choice.

Nabs

Reason why Gamersgate did the bait and switch is because they got greedy. They saw activity, and upped the price, hoping people would still buy it. Little did they know Amazon would save the day.

It's cool though, since I only needed GG for the DLC, and I had bought it for $19 (still a steal) off Amazon a week ago.

It's too bad Amazon missed their Shogun 2 deal from this morning ($5).

got a question or two(or more):

Which kind of story is presented in the missing link DLC?
Is it possible to play missing link without having beaten the full game?
Is missing link comparable to "minerva's den" (Bioshock 2 DLC)?

Tenck

wow, I was at work this morning and saw this. I was ready to buy once at home... I just got screwed... :(

Get it off Amazon for $10 then the DLC from Gamergate, and you'd have payed the price you would have for the DLC alone. Great deal if you combine both services.

Is it possible to play missing link without having beaten the full game?

Supposedly it doesn't matter what order you play. It's advised to play the main game though. And when downloading from Steam, it downloads the DLC as a standalone game, so you can execute it by itself without executing Deus Ex HR.

Edit:
WHAT?! I would've been all over $5 Shogun 2 =(.

Get it for 8.98 right now from Gamersgate. Still an excellent price for the game.

Top Bottom