• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: The Last of Us Part 1 PS5 vs The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Pro - Improvements Detailed!

mortal

Gold Member
e0b8e5d954a2849dd655ea820f9dd1e5.jpg

Annie is an absolute dime....this Tess?
Are you seriously using a photo of her in makeup and with her hair styled up, as a example of how she ought to look in a post apocalyptic setting?
One where she plays a dirt poor, scavenging trafficker?
It wouldn't make any sense for the character of Tess to look like that, given the game's tone and setting.

Funnily enough, the remake character model of Tess actually resembles Annie Wersching more than in the original. Tess is also a little younger than Joel, so she looks even more her age in the remake with all of those factors considered.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Seriously.... what a terrible argument.

Terrible? You think remaking a PS3 game on the PS5 and making it one of the best-looking games (while running at 60fps) currently on the market (at the time of release) is bad? What's the real issue here?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol It's funny that this only happens with Sony studios. First it was Abby's ridiculous model. Then Spiderman's new model, needlessly changed and downgraded facial animations in some very emotional cutscenes then Honey Boo Boo inspired Aloy and now this. I mean I actually liked this character model... it's arguably the most impressive character model ive seen in any game but there is no doubt they werent able to capture Tess' original look.

P.S I would like to say I was ahead of the time with the outrage way back in 2017 when I pointed out how they nerfed Chloe's looks in The Lost Legacy.

Seriously wtf kind of monstrosity is this?

chloe_5F00_game_5F00_informer1.jpg

This chick used to be a smoke show.

Eo_zcBxXYAIocNk.png

Unknown?

Are you unaware that every single country is using fiat money? :pie_thinking:

So all money is just printed currency without anything backing it up no matter the continent.

With everything going on regarding extremely high inflation that was caused by money printing, including the US Federal Reserve, how do you not know this?
Lol I'm aware, but being in Europe you can only help influence awareness in your area. If enough people advocate for money and not currency we wouldn't have this mess.

Swift_Star

Banned
Are you seriously using a photo of her in makeup and with her hair styled up, as a example of how she ought to look in a post apocalyptic setting?
One where she plays a dirt poor, scavenging trafficker?
It wouldn't make any sense for the character of Tess to look like that, given the game's tone and setting.

Funnily enough, the remake character model of Tess actually resembles Annie Wersching more than in the original. Tess is also a little younger than Joel, so she looks even more her age in the remake with all of those factors considered.
Are you daring to use logic????

icerock

lol It's funny that this only happens with Sony studios. First it was Abby's ridiculous model. Then Spiderman's new model, needlessly changed and downgraded facial animations in some very emotional cutscenes then Honey Boo Boo inspired Aloy and now this. I mean I actually liked this character model... it's arguably the most impressive character model ive seen in any game but there is no doubt they werent able to capture Tess' original look.

P.S I would like to say I was ahead of the time with the outrage way back in 2017 when I pointed out how they nerfed Chloe's looks in The Lost Legacy.

Eo_zcBxXYAIocNk.png

ND retconned a lot of Chloe's past including her descent. The design changes were to make her look more Indian and they succeeded in that.

Genuinely don't understand what are these posts.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Eo_zcBxXYAIocNk.png

To me they made her look more like her actual voice actor.

maxresdefault.jpg

ND retconned a lot of Chloe's past including her descent. The design changes were to make her look more Indian and they succeeded in that.

Genuinely don't understand what are these posts.

What was her descent before? I forgot.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member

SlimySnake SlimySnake I want you to be as optimistic on this one as possible lol. 79gb is pretty hefty. Considering TLOU2 is the bigger game along with PS5 compression (especially if oodle texture has been implemented here), I have to assume texture, lighting, and models are getting a sizeable upgrade from even TLOU2 standards in a way that isn't being fully exposed through the announcement trailer.

Or I could just be flat out wrong in my assumptions, but for now I'm keeping the next gen hope alive!
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

SlimySnake SlimySnake I want you to be as optimistic on this one as possible lol. 79gb is pretty hefty. Considering TLOU2 is the bigger game along with PS5 compression (especially if oodle texture has been implemented here), I have to assume texture, lighting, and models are getting a sizeable upgrade from even TLOU2 standards in a way that isn't being fully exposed through the announcement trailer.

Or I could just be flat out wrong in my assumptions, but for now I'm keeping the next gen hope alive!
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

Not to mention the multiplayer has been removed so all that is the single player only.

93xfan

Banned
Last of Us Part 1 essentially running the same as TLOU2 on the PS5 is disappointing.

Two years have passed, there is no reason at all as to why TLOU 1 Remake with TLOU2 assets can't do 4k 60 on the PS5.

Like seriously, they can't even improve the sharpness of the textures after 2 years on NEW HARDWARE?

WHY is this not on PS4?
They better have really improved the gameplay..
You can’t charge $70 for a PS4 game.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Do you play graphics? It looks prettier in comparison but highly doubt after a couple of hours you will notice. I for one will not be paying $70 for a new paint job and some minor game play upgrades. There is a sucker born every minute, spend your money how you see fit. IMO not worth full price.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This has to be the most obvious difference yet.
Why is everyone so fucking old?

what is this remake? I've completed last of us multiple times and that character looks like a young 20s to mid 20s tops trying to look after his 11 to 13 year old brother that the parents have gone.....now he's 45?

Yes it looks amazing but what a fuck up the character changes are.

Last edited:

sendit

Do you play graphics? It looks prettier in comparison but highly doubt after a couple of hours you will notice. I for one will not be paying $70 for a new paint job and some minor game play upgrades. There is a sucker born every minute, spend your money how you see fit. IMO not worth full price.

Agreed.

Open Door What GIF

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

Eo_zcBxXYAIocNk.png
Oh Jesus Christ... You're comparing a lo tech (character great for the time) to a modern realistic character from a developer that's not all about anime tits and ass ffs and all about creating grounded human beings not wank bank materials

TheTony316

Eo_zcBxXYAIocNk.png

People just love to get triggered when it comes to Sony first party titles no matter the reason. I have yet to see a bigger outcry over a stupid remaster/remake than this one.

People just love to get triggered when it comes to Sony first party titles no matter the reason. I have yet to see a bigger outcry over a stupid remaster/remake than this one.
Wrong. This is an absolutely beloved game for many people that they're charging $70 for with no discount to people who bought it twice already. While simultaneously being straight up disengenuous about what to expect and not doing as good of a job as the Demons Souls Remake.

This isn't because it's Sony it's because it's the Last of Us and people are passionate about it. If this was $50 or if it was mind blowing ps5 next gen experience and if Druckman didn't exaggerate its features than people wouldn't be upset.

It's a perfect storm if you will. To say "it's just cause it's Sony" and chalk it up to "trolls" is dumb.

TheTony316

Wrong. This is an absolutely beloved game for many people that they're charging $70 for with no discount to people who bought it twice already. While simultaneously being straight up disengenuous about what to expect and not doing as good of a job as the Demons Souls Remake.

This isn't because it's Sony it's because it's the Last of Us and people are passionate about it. If this was $50 or if it was mind blowing ps5 next gen experience and if Druckman didn't exaggerate its features than people wouldn't be upset.

It's a perfect storm if you will. To say "it's just cause it's Sony" and chalk it up to "trolls" is dumb.

I get it. But what's the point in bringing this up over and over again? Don't buy it or wait for a price drop. It's not the first overpriced remaster/remake and it won't be the last.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Or maybe fans should stop acting like Naughty Dog/Playstation representatives and accept the fact that people opinions are not always some conspiracy theory?

GooseMan69

You know what Part II actually did way better than it’s predecessor? Make the enemy factions believable. In Part 1 the human enemies are all basically standard bandits you see in every game. They have no personality or motivation other than just being assholes. The WLF and Seraphites on the other hand are so well developed. Seeing these clips of Part 1 reminded me how generic the enemies are in comparison.

Hugare

You know what Part II actually did way better than it’s predecessor? Make the enemy factions believable. In Part 1 the human enemies are all basically standard bandits you see in every game. They have no personality or motivation other than just being assholes. The WLF and Seraphites on the other hand are so well developed. Seeing these clips of Part 1 reminded me how generic the enemies are in comparison.
World building is better in Part II. But in Part I it didnt need to be.

In fact, it's a better game for it.

For starters, Joel and Ellie travel a lot. And in a apocalyptic setting, you would find some packs of people, not whole groups with backstories and etc.

The focus was on Ellie/Joel relationship, and that was its biggest achievement, so in the end it was worth it.

They find David and his cannibals, but they serve only to develop Ellie and Joel.

In Part II new characters and relationships arent as developed because they arent the focus of the story

I couldnt care 2 shits for Ellie/Dina relationship.

Ulysses 31

They also diminish the threat from the cordyceps seeing their huge strongholds and how other human factions are a greater threat than the infected.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom