• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Damn right. I love how they kind of went Noir detective with his story.

Indeed. Matter of fact, I watched the Knife of Dunwall trailer a few times and it made me feel nostalgic for the Daud campaign in a lot of ways. Should've gotten the DLCs as soon they were released, but at least I got to play them properly several months ago. :p

Even though he got mentions a few times, I hope we get to see him in the DLCs.
The ending clearly teases a future DLC

Indeed. Matter of fact, I watched the Knife of Dunwall trailer a few times and it made me feel nostalgic for the Daud campaign in a lot of ways. Should've gotten the DLCs as soon they were released, but at least I got to play them properly several months ago. :p

Yeah, the DLC has to have Daud in it, I see no other way...
especially with Billie Lurk being such a central character to D2 and the tease of her leaving to find him. (I still think she'll be the playable character for the DLC.) Harvey Smith even teased in his Reddit AMA that Daud is alive but "not doing well".

Murkas

Finished it for the first time (Emily high chaos, Killed everything in sight, so fun) and am now deciding if I should go Emily NG+ low chaos or Corvo low chaos. Might go Corvo because despite finishing the first one, I can't remember any of his powers bar blink.

At first I wasn't feeling it because I had the difficulty set on hard and was getting caught all the time, turning it down to medium definitely helped things.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, the DLC has to have Daud in it, I see no other way...
especially with Billie Lurk being such a central character to D2 and the tease of her leaving to find him. (I still think she'll be the playable character for the DLC.) Harvey Smith even teased in his Reddit AMA that Daud is alive but "not doing well".

Yeah, I agree. DLC totally has us
playing as Lurk in search of Daud. Sounds like more potential for a bit of Noir. Rosario Dawson doing a Daud-esque voice over
would be pretty awesome.

Going through my first playthrough trying not to kill or get spotted. Finish the second mission and says I have a kill which I have no memory of whatsoever. Maybe its for the best because I do want to be able to explore some of the combat options but frustrating anyway

Going through my first playthrough trying not to kill or get spotted. Finish the second mission and says I have a kill which I have no memory of whatsoever. Maybe its for the best because I do want to be able to explore some of the combat options but frustrating anyway

Check the stats menu every 5-10 minutes. It will tell you if you got spotted or if you killed anyone.

If nothing else, try to improvise rather than reloading your save everytime you get spotted or killed anyone

shiba5

I had something weird happen on a no kill run. I Domino'd 4 guards and hit one with a sleep dart. That one passed out and the other 3 started screaming. Huh? I go look and they've all been electrocuted and burnt to a crisp. No deaths were counted on the stats page however.
I could never figure out what caused their demise since they were all sitting in chairs and they didn't fall on anything that would have killed them.

Lucifon

Okay so picking this back up after dropping it on launch day due to the terrible controls on the ps4 (pro) I was told by a number of people to adjust the "friction" setting... But I can't find it anywhere?

How on earth do you reduce the horrible swimmy feeling aiming?

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay so picking this back up after dropping it on launch day due to the terrible controls on the ps4 (pro) I was told by a number of people to adjust the "friction" setting... But I can't find it anywhere?

How on earth do you reduce the horrible swimmy feeling aiming?

...by reducing the friction setting.

Options, controls, set friction from 100 to 0.

Lucifon

...by reducing the friction setting.

Options, controls, set friction from 100 to 0.
Think I've found it - not sure if it's the new patch but there's no such thing as a friction setting anymore. There's auto aim from off/snap(default)/friction and auto aim sensitivity but no separate friction slider.

Hale-XF11

Finished my flesh and steel run at 3am this morning while still drunk from new year's eve shenanigans. Just 4 more trophies to go for platinum, woooo.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Think I've found it - not sure if it's the new patch but there's no such thing as a friction setting anymore. There's auto aim from off/snap(default)/friction and auto aim sensitivity but no separate friction slider.

I believe friction was an option exclusive to PC, right?

Is this game worth playing on PC yet? I quite liked the first one, but the impressions I have seen scares me.

970gtx, with 1440p monitor.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So are sleep darts bugged with domino? Every time I chain 3 guards and shoot one it sets them all on fire, killing them and my no kill run. This is very annoying as I can't get the 4th one or any of the 3 without getting spotted after trying 12 times now. Is this getting patched soon?

Anno

So are sleep darts bugged with domino? Every time I chain 3 guards and shoot one it sets them all on fire, killing them and my no kill run. This is very annoying as I can't get the 4th one or any of the 3 without getting spotted after trying 12 times now. Is this getting patched soon?

I was sleep darting dominoed dudes for a couple hours last night with no issue. Is one of them carrying or near that flammable alchohol stuff? If they fall over and break that then they definitely will catch on fire. I can't imagine why they do otherwise.

shiba5

I had this happen too! They didn't count as kills though for some reason. This is definitely from the latest patch because I never had anything like this happen before and I've played through 4-5 times before it.
The ones that got burnt were all sitting in chairs and there wasn't anything flammable near. The sound effect they were making actually sounded like they were getting electrocuted with a stun mine, but when I walked over to look, they were all burnt.

Finaj

Ok. So I made it to chapter 4:
The Clockwork Mansion

It is the best thing ever.

I had one goal throughout the entire level:
remove Kirin Jindosh without flipping a single switch, and I did. That place is so much fun to explore.

Mr. Bad Example

Neo Member
I finished a combined Shadow/Clean Hands run yesterday, and it was an absolute pain in my ass, especially after I complicated things for myself by
saving Stilton in the past, ensuring his mansion would be full of staff and guards in the present

Not that the rest of it was a lot easier--one especially annoying bit was two guards next to
the watchtower out behind Dr. Hypatia's office
. One was facing away from me, so that was fine, but the other one was staring right at where I'd be if I dropped down to take out his friend, and he was standing completely still where I couldn't blink/reach behind him.

Still, no problem...or so I thought. I sleep-darted Starey McGee, who went down...then his oblivious friend heard the noise, turned around...and fell off the platform he was standing on and died. Reload. Thinking it was just a fluke, I tried again, but this time I screwed up my aim and the dart bounced off Starey's helmet--which Captain Oblivious found so startling that he yelled, turned...and fell off the platform again. Reload.

Okay, fine. I finally remembered I had Domino, so I chained them together and sleep-darted them. "At last," I thought. "Now they'll both go down without no no what are you doing don't stagger forward you mor--*SPLAT*". Reload.

After about six tries, I managed to throw a bottle off in a direction that would get Oblivious far enough away from the ledge that he wouldn't do a fatal swan dive, then took them both down. It was instructive, though, much like the other incident in which I discovered that accidentally putting an unconscious guard through a wicker screen will kill him instantly. The Grand Guard are a fragile lot.

Still worth it, though, for that stealthy surgical-precision feeling. Oh, and the sweet, sweet achievements.

Some bottles are flammable, so when a NPC falls into one of them, they get burned. Did they fall into a flammable alcohol lying around or were one of them were carrying that stuff? Otherwise, I don't see the reason for it to happen.

shiba5

Some bottles are flammable, so when a NPC falls into one of them, they get burned. Did they fall into a flammable alcohol lying around or were one of them were carrying that stuff? Otherwise, I don't see the reason for it to happen.

When it happened to me, it was in the dining room area of Addermire. There were 2 sitting at one table, 1 at another, and one walking the perimeter. I dominoed them and hit the walking one with a dart. I've done this many times and never had any of them catch fire. Unfortunately, I can't go back and look at the area before I took them out because I've already moved on. When chapter select comes out, I'm curious to see if they are drinking flammable stuff.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
No it was in the same exact spot as shiba5. Don't recall seeing any bottles on the tables. Same thing happened to me, electrical sounds instacrispy. Hopefully it's just that one area that's bugged. Manged to get by it by throwing glasses and taking them out 1 by one but it took forever. Also REALLY don't like how buying increased crossbow capacity only increases the normal lethal bolt stock and not sleep darts. Waste of money.

Ehh ok there's 1 on one of the tables. Still bs that just touching one is an install kill. Smacking your head on a table wouldn't break a bottle and it's not a flaming arrow so it shouldn't light up anyway. meh.

shiba5

No it was in the same exact spot as shiba5. Don't recall seeing any bottles on the tables. Same thing happened to me, electrical sounds instacrispy. Hopefully it's just that one area that's bugged. Manged to get by it by throwing glasses and taking them out 1 by one but it took forever. Also REALLY don't like how buying increased crossbow capacity only increases the normal lethal bolt stock and not sleep darts. Waste of money.

Ehh ok there's 1 on one of the tables. Still bs that just touching one is an install kill. Smacking your head on a table wouldn't break a bottle and it's not a flaming arrow so it shouldn't light up anyway. meh.

Oh, you found a flammable bottle? I wonder why they make electrocution sounds?
I have darted that room so many times and never had them spontaneously combust before.

Also, I never had a problem with the two guys playing cards on the stairs in Addermire. This time I darted them and one fell on a candle and they both burst into a flames - a tiny candle! I laughed.

shiba5

Holy crap, my mind is blown - I had no idea this kind of gameplay was possible in Dishonored 2! After watching these videos, I'm going to have to buy this game after I finish playing the first Dishonored! Hell, Bethesda should have hired this guy and used his gameplay footage as marketing materials to sell this game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULMdEzTn5Vw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E1gvPx9Ljs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvitnlujaVw

Let me introduce you to StealthGamerBR:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCb2PTdRGKwLjOJQtSW2YF_A

fantomena

Finished yesterday the game as Emily, so now Ive finished the game with both characters and I did more alternate ways with Emily (as in non-lethal boss takedowns). I can't way if it's better than the first game cause I don't rememebr a lot from it, but it was a fantastic game overall.

Are there any plans for story DLC?

Finished yesterday the game as Emily, so now Ive finished the game with both characters and I did more alternate ways with Emily (as in non-lethal boss takedowns). I can't way if it's better than the first game cause I don't rememebr a lot from it, but it was a fantastic game overall.

Are there any plans for story DLC?

Not announced yet. But given the ending, it should be fair to assume that we'll get news about story DLCs soon enough

How long after the first game did the DLC get announced? I remember it took quite a bit.
Dishonored 1 released on October 2012 and the Knife of Dunwall (the first DLC) was announced on March 2013, so that's 5 months. Keep in mind that they released challenge maps DLC 2 months after Dishonored 1's release, so that might be a factor why they kept tight lipped about the first Daud DLC.

I'd give 3-4 months after the release of Dishonored 2 till they announce the first DLC

Ok. So I made it to chapter 4:
The Clockwork Mansion

It is the best thing ever.

I had one goal throughout the entire level:
remove Kirin Jindosh without flipping a single switch, and I did. That place is so much fun to explore.

Now remove him without even starting the cutscene and get the trophy/achievment.

Psa, chapter 5 has a bug if you're trying to get the circle of life trophy. You can't start by possessing the hound. It has to be your last possession.

Hale-XF11

Since hounds are bugged, I ended up getting that achievement in Chapter 5 by going rat -> bloodfly -> fish -> human -> hound in that order.

Nyx

So I made it to chapter 3 with Emily.

Bought 2 skills, which make any killed enemy disappear. And I have the 'blink' skill.

One thing I don't understand is when I'm near a rune or bonecharm, the game tells me to equip the heart but I can't find that anywhere. Feel like I've missed several runes/charms now.

Also I still find the game very hard, surely it helps that corpses vanish but I still get spotted so fast and overwhelmed by 3-4 guards. Find it annoying also that you can't seem to use a health pack when you're not almost dead. Usually the option to use it comes just before a killing blow from a guard.

Definitely don't want to use a guide but I'm wondering if there's any beginner tips that might help me in becoming a better assassin.
Cause with the current amount of re-loading a save I feel less energy to play the game while it certainly intrigues me and I want to get as far as possible.

SJRB

Gold Member
So I made it to chapter 3 with Emily.

Bought 2 skills, which make any killed enemy disappear. And I have the 'blink' skill.

One thing I don't understand is when I'm near a rune or bonecharm, the game tells me to equip the heart but I can't find that anywhere. Feel like I've missed several runes/charms now.

Also I still find the game very hard, surely it helps that corpses vanish but I still get spotted so fast and overwhelmed by 3-4 guards. Find it annoying also that you can't seem to use a health pack when you're not almost dead. Usually the option to use it comes just before a killing blow from a guard.

Definitely don't want to use a guide but I'm wondering if there's any beginner tips that might help me in becoming a better assassin.

Wait, you can't find the heart? It's in your weapon/power wheel, you need to equip it for it to show you where the runes and bonecharms are.

A lot of them are pretty well hidden, so not finding them in obvious locations is kind of the point with many of them.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hold L1 to bring up the powers/gear menu. From here you can select the heart (I keep it bound to up) use potions (square or circle) etc. As for advice just take it slow and try for one guard at a time. Or use domino to link multiple ppl. The dark sight skill (the eye of sauron looking one) is great to get cuz it shows enemy sight cones.

Also got eureka 1st try. Not bad.

Nyx

Haha I need to press L1 to equip stuff? I was using left on the D-pad to try that but ofcourse there was no heart there.

I must not have been paying attention when that got explained. Going to restart the game and get any runes or charms I missed.

I would advise turning off information message (The one that gives you messages like ''Rune or bonecharm nearby. Equip The Heart") as they can get annoying (You can find it on gameplay options).

You can also use The Heart and press a button that locks a rune or bonecharm's location so you can find them without having to equip The Heart.

SJRB

Gold Member
Another heart tip: it actually speaks to you. If you pull the right trigger with the heart equipped while aiming at a person, the heart will tell you something about that person. If you pull the trigger while not aiming at anyone, it will give random comments on the situation. It's cool.

I'm still not sure how all of this is new to you. I mean, the game has a super specific tutorial segment that introduces both the heart and how to locate runes/bonecharms using the heart.

Another heart tip: it actually speaks to you. If you pull the right trigger with the heart equipped while aiming at a person, the heart will tell you something about that person. If you pull the trigger while not aiming at anyone, it will give random comments on the situation. It's cool.

I'm still not sure how all of this is new to you. I mean, the game has a super specific tutorial segment that introduces both the heart and how to locate runes/bonecharms using the heart.

This was in the first game too. When I play high chaos runs, this is how I determine who lives and who dies. I know it's meaningless but I hope I'm making the world a better place :D

Mandelbo

Haha I need to press L1 to equip stuff? I was using left on the D-pad to try that but ofcourse there was no heart there.

I must not have been paying attention when that got explained. Going to restart the game and get any runes or charms I missed.

I like that you somehow made it to chapter 3 without knowing the item wheel existed xP

This game is fucking fantastic, I think even more so than the first one. Finished my initial playthrough without being seen by anyone - it did involve a lot of quick saving/reloading, but to me the fun of Dishonored is experimenting with the tools to find the optimal solutions to beating groups of enemies, like a puzzle game. There're far more non-lethal options in D2 as well, which is very much appreciated! Really liked seeing how audiographs and locations changed depending on how I'd beaten previous levels, like [/spoiler]Ramsey being cast in stone inside the safe room during mission 9, and the audiograph of Jindosh in the Duke's office in mission 8.[/spoiler]

Starting a high-chaos, hard difficulty Corvo run now - looking forward to seeing how things play out differently!

Bf is playing through this ATM and he wants to know if you can use bone charms and still get the Flesh and Steel trophy

He's playing Emily obvs and he turned down the offer but he's worried that bone charms will stop him from getting the trophy.

Bf is playing through this ATM and he wants to know if you can use bone charms and still get the Flesh and Steel trophy

He's playing Emily obvs and he turned down the offer but he's worried that bone charms will stop him from getting the trophy.

You can still use bonecharms. Runes get converted to money in Flesh and Steel mode (200 coins per rune)

Top Bottom