• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog Age - Official Man's Best Friend Thread

Wolf

GO HABS GO
joelseph said:
Wolf, please update the OP! I want Dachshunds represented!! <3

Great thread, wish there was more activity!
Slipped my mind, no worries I will update tonight

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome thread :D

Allow me to present GAF's first Keeshond, Kuma!

rzhY7.jpg

u4vi1.jpg

I think she has bear DNA in there somewhere.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Holy awesome dog Hawkian, never even heard of that breed before, they look great.

Alucrid said:
How does that work? :lol
No clue, the manager said they look at it as if your coming in to get your free replacement toys than odds are your going to buy other things as well and become a reg shopper.

I said absolutely then my gf and I walked out with just our free toys. :lol

Wolf

GO HABS GO
IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

forgot to post from halloween, me and my brother were actually against dressing the dogs up but our girlfriends did it anyways.

batman vs raphael vs a bannana, it was a scary party for sure:lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wolf said:
Holy awesome dog Hawkian, never even heard of that breed before, they look great.

bakemono said:
Aaaaawwww so cute!

Thanks guys! :D Fantastic breed... she's still a puppy and quite psycho sometimes, but a really amazing affectionate pup nonetheless.

yuna55

Hawkian said:
Awesome thread :D

Allow me to present GAF's first Keeshond, Kuma!

rzhY7.jpg

u4vi1.jpg

I think she has bear DNA in there somewhere.
Aww!! Had a Keeshond growing up but never got to see her that small!! She was older than me, and was an amazing dog until we had to put her to sleep when I was 10. She reminds me so much of my female shiba inu, in looks and in behavior, both nervous and too smart, too aware of everything going on around them. :lol

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Makes you wonder how something like that could even happen without it being intentional..sad story.

joelseph

Got my dachshund one of those "Seen on TV" "Stuffless Dog Toys", you know the ones that look like a stuffed animal that has already had the stuffing ripped out? Holy shit that thing but a spell on him. Literally has to be touching his new toy at all times. Brings it with him on walks, to go potty, to eat, to sleep, to greet others at the door. I have never seen him be so obsessed over a toy, even the stuffed animals he would "gut" on his own.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Subitai said:
He looks awesome. <3 smart dogs. So what have you trained yours to do? :D
she's very smart. I pretty much speak English to her.

She'll play dead, she'll stand on her legs and twist, catch frisbee's, i can tell her to go find a toy or which toy and she'll go get it. But she gave her self some other jobs like protector. She only barks if someone is outside or rings the doorbell. She has a sick ability too, she started growling one day and im like theres nothing out there be quiet, all the window blinds were shut but i opened one and looked and there was a dog in the front yard.

Very toy motivated always wants to play.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Westie heads south: dog swims 4k to play with sea lion
November 18, 2010 - 4:59PM
A dog has had a lucky escape off an Adelaide beach after befriending a friendly local sea lion and following him four kilometres offshore.

The dog's owner raised the alarm after "Westie" chased the sea lion, known as "Henry", into the surf off Semaphore Beach and kept going.

Semaphore Surf Lifesaving Club captain Craig Van Tenac got the call and began the search.

"I headed down to the club and within about 15 minutes of the call-out we had the inflatable in the water" Mr Van Tenac said.

Mr Van Tenac and a fellow club member began a search pattern from where the energetic kelpie was last spotted, zig-zagging about 500 metres along the beach as they headed out to sea.

"He'd been out there for an hour ... we weren't expecting to find him at all, but we just kept going to make sure," he said.

"Just when we were thinking about giving up, we spotted him - four kilometres is very far out.

"Very rarely would we ever get out that far."

Luckily for Westie and his grateful owner, the rescuers continued the search on this occasion and found dog and sea lion playing happily out beyond the surf.

"They were both fine, they were just playing around in the water," Mr Van Tenac said.

"Its lucky for the dog that Henry was in a good mood."

Mr Van Tenac said the situation was rare as sea lions usually don't go onto the beach, but if Henry does return looking for his new friend it's unlikely he'll find Westie off the leash next time.

So basically, stupid dog is lucky to have not drowned or been eaten by a shark.

Bru

Here's a puppy pic of Zephyr, our seven year old Labrador.

He's just as adorable, mischievous and awesome now as he was back then.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Im disappointed DOGAF, my dogs been acting all tough and savage toward the neighbours cat. Whenever he hears a tinkle of the cats bell his hackles rise up and he is off trying to get the cat.................... but today i caught him in the backyard with the cat trying to get it to chase him!, bouncing around like a dick and running rings.

son-i-am-disappoint.gif

Cat was just like "Wat eva".

Esch

Banned
Nurima.jpg

This is my 9 year old German Shepherd, Cinder. She's a runt, very chill, never bites or barks at anyone. Sometimes she jumps when she sees old friends, but other than that she's awesome.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Anyone have any exp with gentle leaders? Been thinking about picking one up to help out with what's becoming more and more tugging on the walks with Wolf.

I can handle it but my girlfriend is starting to feel pain in her shoulder from all the random arm pulls by Wolf.

He's now 10 months old and just has too much confidence for his own good, he thinks he owns the world and will try to dart in any one direction every now and then while walking.

Going to buy one tonight and see If that detours him in any way.

Mar

My best and closest friend, Poppy, died two weeks ago. It was the worst day of my life and the world has felt really weird ever since.

This was the last photo I took of her, a week before she died.

poppy112010.jpg

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Mar said:
My best and closest friend, Poppy, died two weeks ago. It was the worst day of my life and the world has felt really weird ever since.

http://www.standarddrinksreview.com/serve/poppy112010.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:(

Super sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is one of the shittiest feelings in the world.

joelseph

Wolf said:
Anyone have any exp with gentle leaders? Been thinking about picking one up to help out with what's becoming more and more tugging on the walks with Wolf.

I can handle it but my girlfriend is starting to feel pain in her shoulder from all the random arm pulls by Wolf.

He's now 10 months old and just has too much confidence for his own good, he thinks he owns the world and will try to dart in any one direction every now and then while walking.

Going to buy one tonight and see If that detours him in any way.

They are great. You also don't want to use retractable leashes, they teach the dog that if they pull they can get more slack.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Mar said:

poppy112010.jpg
Sorry to hear that, she looked like a great dog.

I also lost my family dog this year, it's super hard for a while but it gets easier with time.

The hardest thing for me was the last moments of her life before she drifted away, I couldn't stop thinking about that moment for weeks, it was fucking hard...eventually all the years of awesome memories start flooding your mind again and it gets easier.

Hang in there man.

DonMigs85

I met the cutest little guy earlier today in our apartment complex. His father was a Lhasa and his mom is Duchess, a friendly Dachshund. Very friendly, he looks more like a typical smooth Dach with slightly longer hair and a shorter, more rounded snout.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
So my YouTube clip of Wolf and my brothers dog is sitting at like 30k right now and I'm getting alot of comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tgoUqejjI

Except today I got probably the greatest comment ever to my personal Inbox. The following is what I got :

"So I noticed you like to fight dogs. Well, let me start off by saying that I know nothing I say will matter to you but, it sure makes me feel better.

Know that if there was no God I would track you down and slit your throat. I know you are a man because only men are so fucking evil and you are ruled by your flesh and your penis and I will be laughing when you die and I will laugh again when you spend and eternity in the lake of fire. Know that any Bitch you might be fucking is a seriously messed up bitch and she deserves to die as much as you and so do any pathetic children you have unwillingly dragged into this world and it is my deepest hope that someday you face more pain than you can handle...right now I'm thinking that means I hope your bitch or children die in-front of you...my only regret is that I cannot be the one to inflict such pain on you.

P.S Men like you are the reason beautiful woman go lesbian or Asexual...why don't you look at my my space picture and see how beautiful I am and know that such a beautiful girl could never ever love a man like you...your such trash I wouldn't even like you for a good screw...your probably filled with as much trash physically as you are spiritually...it's safe to say you are just simply trash...and that means a lot coming from me...I've fallen for drug dealers, Players, Alcoholics, Drug users, Gang bangers, thieves. lairs and men who mutilate themselves, but none of them would ever do the things you do...they would die first...you are trash and you are not worth the vomit said men would heave or the diarrhea they would shit out."

:lol. :lol :lol

I have no words, only laughter.

BobDylan

My family got a new puppy a month ago. she has some beagle in her and we dont know what else. got her from a shelter. the pics are of her at 3 months, now she is 4 months old. Named her Kima(from da wire)

kLQVHl.jpg

AaxRXl.jpg

GQEWtl.jpg

CrankyJay

Banned
Let's talk about Dog Friendly restaurants/bars.

My wife and I went out to a new restaurant tonight, it's a national chain named Brickhouse Tap and Tavern...pretty cool place. Good food, girls were pretty skimpy on their clothing. But what caught my attention was the waitress was telling us dogs were allowed on the outdoor patio!

I'm really looking forward to having a beer on a patio with my dog and meet other dog owners who enjoy beer etc. But I got to wondering, how can they get away with dogs being on a patio where food and drink are served? Isn't this an insurance nightmare? Awesome concept, but I wonder how this can be.

BobDylan

hasnt been much going on in this thread. well my dog is getting older and bigger now

emW8el.jpg

UqgOvl.jpg

here she is when chicago got hit with all that snow. getting so big. just under 30lbs now. I dont think she will get any bigger
j3TFSl.jpg

UMZhbl.jpg

I saw a bunch of cat-gaf kids jerking each other off in a litterbox thread, so I had to bump this one. We own the superior pets. Can't let that shit fly.

My aussie is a year and a half old now. Time flies!

First time I met her:
ella2.jpg

A couple weeks ago:
ella-1.jpg

koji

Hehehe, great thread, this is my Belgian Mastiff (the Dog of Flanders dog)

When he was small :)

n47326021313_1630183_2434.jpg

With a "toy"

n47326021313_1630185_2917.jpg

After a walk;

n47326021313_1630187_3416.jpg

He's not really fond of long walks :lol

Most recent pic;

13533_178659326313_47326021313_3433523_4763528_n.jpg

5 years old, weighs around 68kg, he rocks, he's such a chill dog :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any thoughts as to a good first dog for a family with kids? My youngest is 6 and would love a pet. I grew up in a house with a dog and would like to consider it for us. Ideally something that doesn't need too much space (we only have a small garden) and isn't too boisterous.

ours were always mixed/mongrels so I'm not sure about good breeds to consider.

choodi

Banned
179875_495901430775_528765775_6580675_159646_n.jpg

Febe (Bull Mastiff x Bull Arab) on the left and Rosie (Boxer) on the right.

180700_488722140775_528765775_6478743_2809809_n.jpg

More Rosie

38679_413872400775_528765775_5127803_796934_n.jpg

More Febe

13956_197238185775_528765775_3515560_2311368_n.jpg

Febe (and me) as a puppy

Dogs are awesome. Here are a cople of shots of mine I just took.

KdiaL.jpg

gCtAs.jpg

Her name is Lizzy. She is a Border Collie - Labrador mix. She's 8 years old, and her age is beginning to show; although she still begs anyone that will listen to take her to the park, even when she has just gotten back from a walk.

Excuse the mess.

DonMigs85

mrklaw said:
any thoughts as to a good first dog for a family with kids? My youngest is 6 and would love a pet. I grew up in a house with a dog and would like to consider it for us. Ideally something that doesn't need too much space (we only have a small garden) and isn't too boisterous.

ours were always mixed/mongrels so I'm not sure about good breeds to consider.
A Lab or Beagle should be fine.

Top Bottom