• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, What is your favorite dog breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

I just wanted to make a thread that shows love to my favourite pet.

1. Akita Inu

akita-inu-photo.jpg

2. Shiba Inu

3. Argentine Dogo

4. Tamaskan

5. Alaskan Malamute

6. Labrador Retriever(Chocolate)

7. Border Collie

8. German Shepherd

9. Doberman Pinscher

10. Bullmastiff

I like medium to large breed dogs personally,

List your favourites GAF.

Border Collie
Pretty amazing to go from a lab to one and seeing just how intelligent they really are.

Special shout-out to mixed breeds. They tend to be great pets.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Whichever one is currently in front of me, getting its face skin smushed around.

I don't feel like I can speak for breeds I haven't owned, aside from one, so I'll only list four. I've owned these dogs, and mutts :p

1. Siberian Husky
fY9aDId.jpg

If you raise them right, you won't find a friendlier dog. In fact, they make piss poor guard dogs because they love people so much. They will attempt to escape your yard or your home or your leash just to go meet new people. Hilarious dog.

2. Shetland Sheepdog
zlCPdRZ.jpg

Not to be confused with the standard collie, these dogs are incredibly intelligent. I've never owned one smarter. A bit aloof and standoffish at times, but eager to obey.

3. Daucshund
ZaRT23O.jpg

These little dogs get a bad rap, but they do earn it. Tenacious and SUPER LOYAL, if you bond with one, you have a best friend for life. Also, a bed warmer. A doxie is happiest cuddled with you under the covers.

And the dog I haven't owned but want so badly:
4. Newfoundland
omAQ1LV.jpg

Newfies are the only dog around that will, with no training, save a drowning person just for the hell of it. Called 'the nanny dogs', they are also excellent with children.

JBuccCP

Huskies are #1 for me. I love their vocals and mischievousness. I like scotties for little dogs. I haven't heard much about them in recent years.

And the dog I haven't owned but want so badly:
4. Newfoundland
omAQ1LV.jpg

Newfies are the only dog around that will, with no training, save a drowning person just for the hell of it. Called 'the nanny dogs', they are also excellent with children.

They're also incredibly well natured. My Newfie was the biggest sweetheart and incredibly protective. It was so heartbreaking that he'd obviously been abused by his first owners.

I've owned every dog on my list except for the Bull Terrier, but I want one sooo much! Their little beady eyes and sloped faces are just so cute!

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I live with a Husky, motherfucker has dropped 8 dogs worth of hair in the last month. He likes to help me cook sausage though by looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom