• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

OG, Liquid, Newbee, LGD, MVP, EG/Secret

I take EG over Secret. Secret looks like they are still stuggling with chemistry a bit compared to EG who look just like they used to. I don't know about MVP. They are essentially a coin toss these days, and on LAN I like Fnatic.

gai_shain

secret top 6 because they beat alliance and synd stack?
laugh.gif

shira

ANYONE want to make the TI6 Gaming side thread (I've done it for the last 3 years)???

Making an OT is fairly simple and fun to do:
- roundup a bunch of facts that are relevant to the event
- spice it up with some images or factoids
- answer questions people may have etc
- update with news

I know some people have shown more than a passing interest the past few years.
The Wildcard started the Sunday the week before TI so you have about a month to complete it.

PM or quote post if you are interested.

ANYONE want to make the TI6 Gaming side thread (I've done it for the last 3 years)???

Making an OT is fairly simple and fun to do:
- roundup a bunch of facts that are relevant to the event
- spice it up with some images or factoids
- answer questions people may have etc
- update with news

I know some people have shown more than a passing interest the past few years.
The Wildcard started the Sunday the week before TI so you have about a month to complete it.

PM or quote post if you are interested.

I can give it a go. Or at least work a majority of it out. The only problem is I don't know if I'll be around the entire week of TI.

shira

I can give it a go. Or at least work a majority of it out. The only problem is I don't know if I'll be around the entire week of TI.

Tell me what you are interested in doing and I can fill in the gaps.

Typically I take a who/what/why/where/when/how approach
- Introduction (for your average Joanne/Joe on gaming side)
- Team writeups (solicited from the community too)
- How to watch/VODs
- photoshop headers

If you aren't available during TI6 that's fine, I can update and such.

- How to watch/VODs
- photoshop headers

I'm writing one up right now. If someone could do some Photoshop Headers, I can do just about everything else.

kionedrik

bit better than a 480 with 2GB less vram.

250$ MSRP which may or may not mean 300$.

It's supposed to be on par with the 980 performance-wise although I have my doubts that will be any good 1 year from now... It will come down to whether or not the new PS and XB will use a 480 or something else, since that is supposed to be on par with the 970...

- How to watch/VODs
- photoshop headers

Done. Except the Wildcard teams, but I'll do that later. It's saved in a code-friendly Notepad file with links to images that are saved in an imgur album of mine so it should be all set. If you want me to send it to you to review (I'm going to review it after I sleep anyway, been up for like 20 hours now) let me know.

EDIT: Everything is ready, just need a countdown and maybe someone to update it if I can't be around that week.

Madouu

53% win rate dazzle on the other team, stuck supporting a 43% & 47% win rates sven & furion respectively
tears.gif

Yeah RIP Normalfish

shira

Done. Except the Wildcard teams, but I'll do that later. It's saved in a code-friendly Notepad file with links to images that are saved in an imgur album of mine so it should be all set. If you want me to send it to you to review (I'm going to review it after I sleep anyway, been up for like 20 hours now) let me know.

EDIT: Everything is ready, just need a countdown and maybe someone to update it if I can't be around that week.

Yeah PM the text.

kvk1

fish is currently on hiatus trying to become the best Pokémon Go player in the world

we wish him the best of luck

Kade

I'll miss NormalFish.

he has to prevent himself from lashing out on dumb people basically

It's gotten hard lately. I usually don't let it get to me but one poster in particular has emerged from the Septic Wastes to spread his fecal doctrine in MOBA/Valve/Blizzard related threads.

Vade

I miss Ksan. He was like a beacon of Scandinavian racism rolled into a multi-cultural blanket with some popcorn moments.

Twookie

It's gotten hard lately. I usually don't let it get to me but one poster in particular has emerged from the Septic Wastes to spread his fecal doctrine in MOBA/Valve/Blizzard related threads.

oh i probably know who you're talking about here
Pissed about what?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4rniit/i_havent_heard_of_any_new_heroes_from_icefrog/ this probably

or this? https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4rnzi1/50_days_out_of_87_from_battle_and_yet_we_dont_have/

KingKong

geez you guys werent kidding about reddit

I truly feel like this game is being skeleton crew'd. Nothing is new anymore. Nothing is exciting. It's plain to see that the love for Dota has been sapped out of the dev team.
Remember when Rubick was first added, and they did update after update to give him fun animations for various spells? Would they do that today?
Remember when we got the first Diretide - what recent game mode has felt like such a "Thanks to the community" since? Ignoring the easy hats, Diretide was a fully realized game mode with an epic boss fight and novel features. Compare that to PA arcana. Compare that to New Bloom 2
Remember when ground models for items were being added? Where are the rest? How hard can it be, honestly?
Remember the hero updates? 2-3 a week was unsustainable, but are the droughts we've had now realistic either? Where is our dev team? What are they doing?
I get this overwhelming sense that Valve doesn't care anymore. Dota is boring to them. They don't want to work on it. The bare minimum is acceptable. "They can have Pitlord after TI, a new hero next year". "Just release another chest that's good enough". "Give back to the community? Ugh make them jump through a million hoops if you're going to give something to them for free..."
There's so many things Dota should have but it doesn't. We're not League bad but we're not AAA budget good either, and we give Valve so much more than the average AAA game. We deserve LAN. We deserve a new UI. We deserve optimized performance. We deserve all these things if not because we spend and exorbitant amount on this game then because Dota deserves it too.

Top Bottom