• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

So we ether get something on Friday, or its ded game.

cBj1LTf.png
3qsVb10.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its not going to happen, but I feel Valve should extend the Battle Pass Quests by 2 more weeks, but still cut off sales at the end of TI6 (Like they do with TF2s hat pass thing). Its unlikely the Fall Battle Pass is going to be ready the second TI6 ends anyway.

KingKong

Its not going to happen, but I feel Valve should extend the Battle Pass Quests by 2 more weeks, but still cut off sales at the end of TI6 (Like they do with TF2s hat pass thing). Its unlikely the Fall Battle Pass is going to be ready the second TI6 ends anyway.

I think whoever said that Valve are going to spend all their time fulfilling battle pass obligations if they keep doing so many of them per year was right and they should cut down to two (one for majors, one for TI)

of course they have to keep promising more and more things to do to sell the compendiums because then people will complain they're getting less this time

shira

I believe the Battle Pass itself remains until the end of August. The crowd funding is the part that stops after the TI6 finals.
You won't be able to buy Battle Pass levels after that point however you should still be able to continue with your quests etc.

I wouldn't say the DotA 2 community deserves a massive dev team, I think from a business perspective Valve cannot afford to ignore DotA 2. DotA 2 is a game full of Whales, and I know I personally probably spend more on DotA 2 each year than I do on any other part of Steam. DotA 2 may be F2P, but I probably spend ~$120 a year on it, and I have no regrets about doing so, but it is starting to feel like Valve is ignoring the game. It's been almost 7 months since the last hero was introduced, and before that it was 10 months between heroes. I appreciate that they have added new items and kept the Meta rolling, but it's been 5 years and they still don't have Pit Lord\Abyssal Underlord, or any new heroes I haven't already seen.

I think Valve should change the suggested items for all Support heroes to Mekansm. That's it, just like 30 Mek's. Because I haven't seen a support hero on my team buy a Mek since like 6.84.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Like I said would happen when the Majors were first announced, they've fallen into a dev cycle where all they work on is the cosmetic and otherwise superfluous stuff associated with the compendiums. There's very little dev time left over to actually work on the core game or other more useful secondary issues like UI. The content cycle is glacial, but people still throw out the bullshit about "no game gets as much free content support as Dota 2." You could easily name half a dozen that get more support, and most of what Dota gets isn't free by any stretch.

shira

cnn.com

Apparently two douchebags are sniper shooting cops at the protest for cops killing civilians, 3 dead, 10 shot

I'm in tears, I'm so fucking mad

cnn.com

Apparently two douchebags are sniper shooting cops at the protest for cops killing civilians, 3 dead, 10 shot

I'm in tears, I'm so fucking mad

My roomy just changed his FB profile pic to a picture of Texas with a Blue American Flag overlaying. Just saying, he didn't care about the reported 3 people killed by cops for no apparent reason the past 2 days...

What kept Normalfish from simply not posting in shit threads? Self bans always leave the impression you totally want to let everyone know you're gone.

Wok

Did Valve improve the textures of Mirana's upper chest? The visuals look crisp, I was expecting something more triangular or more blurry.

I wouldn't say the DotA 2 community deserves a massive dev team, I think from a business perspective Valve cannot afford to ignore DotA 2. DotA 2 is a game full of Whales, and I know I personally probably spend more on DotA 2 each year than I do on any other part of Steam. DotA 2 may be F2P, but I probably spend ~$120 a year on it, and I have no regrets about doing so, but it is starting to feel like Valve is ignoring the game. It's been almost 7 months since the last hero was introduced, and before that it was 10 months between heroes. I appreciate that they have added new items and kept the Meta rolling, but it's been 5 years and they still don't have Pit Lord\Abyssal Underlord, or any new heroes I haven't already seen.

Add a zero to it and you have my total spendings since I started playing Dota2.

Low Tier
A great man once told me, in the light, we are one. The future is ours and we will see Draenor rebuilt...together...

Vade

My roomy just changed his FB profile pic to a picture of Texas with a Blue American Flag overlaying. Just saying, he didn't care about the reported 3 people killed by cops for no apparent reason the past 2 days...

447 people have been shot 72 of which are dead from June in Chicago. Over 50 people alone were shot on the July 4th weekend. No one makes a peep.

In regards to the '3 people killed by cops for no apparent reason the past 2 days'

Alton Sterling was a convicted child-molester, he was accused of not registering for the sex offenders list and notifying authorities when changing addresses as is required. He was arrested for selling (sidebar I would not care about this as drug laws are terrible in my opinion in the US), next arrested for breaking down a couple's door and attempting burglary with a gun. Another arrest for breaking in to a woman's house through a hole in the wall and trying to sell her fish for $20 (that is some hustle there). He was arrested for domestic violence against a family member who's name was withheld for age reasons. Several more times against various girlfriends and women from 1998 to 2008. He accused a man of not paying his bills, committed battery, destruction of property, and made reference to killing said man after he was done with the cops. During the shooting/arrest incident Sterling was was noted by witnesses to have been told to get on the ground repeatedly and refused cooperation. He was tazed and then wrestled to the ground when it was discovered he had a gun during the wrestling. During this time weapons were upholstered, Sterling hand continued to move to the area where his gun was located. He was then shot. The illegal gun that Sterling had would have given him a third felony charge and because of the prison complex and Louisiana justice system a third felony is life in prison (three strike policy).

Philando Castile was driving when he was signaled to pull over because of a reportedly broken tail-light. Witnesses note that Castile notified police he was a conceal-carry holder as is required by Minnesota law. He was reaching for his license to prove his statement when he was stop by being shot by an officer. He died shortly after. He had no criminal record and was considered an exemplary employee at the school where he worked.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So new patch caused my game to crash on the loading screen so I get an abandon and lose 25 mmr, that seems fair, thanks Valve

I had the exact same thing. Make sure you do not have dx11 set in the launch options. It is broken atm.

I got 2 abandons because of that shit before I noticed what was wrong.

I had the exact same thing. Make sure you do not have dx11 set in the launch options. It is broken atm.

I got 2 abandons because of that shit before I noticed what was wrong.

Had -gl which seems to be the issue

Got into my next game and our mid player disconnects at 5 minutes

Well that was the quickest 50 MMR I ever lost

M.D

I saw a couple walking down the street today with what looked to be a possum. It had a leash, as if it was a dog.

I thought only Americans were crazy when it comes to having weird animals as pets, but it turns out I was wrong!

Top Bottom