• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Adaptation of Fighting Fantasy Announced

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, I'm not far either, but the game basically controls like a DS FPS, so it's all good in my book!

Good job Amazon finally getting my preo-rder here yesterday! :lol

Being that there's been some sinking in time, how're things shaping thus far with others before I work this in somewhere in my backlog?

Mejilan

I put about 45 minutes to an hour into it the other night, and I love that it's a truly 3D game.
No blocky dungeons or 90 degree turns here. Everything looks and feels lush, organic, and legitimate. Way better than the exceedingly poor 3D-ification of Mazes of Fate when it was ported from the GBA to the DS, for example. Still early on, but I love it. No idea if that love will last. Still, putting it aside until I finish with Suiko Tierkreis.

Forgot to mention it, but I was surprised when my copy arrived from GS.com with the book as well! That was a pleasant treat.

Mejilan

The graphics are pretty astounding, actually.
One of the top 3D engines on the DS, even though it does cut corners in some respects.
I love how each room in the town is filled with clutter and furniture, how each area of the early caverns has its own distinct collect and garbage and litter strewn about, and whatnot. Really good stuff.

Enemies and chests respawn, btw, so there might even be some decent random looting to enjoy!

Top Bottom