• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Mirror's Edge and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 releasing Q1 2016

Lucreto

Still have hope for a Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered. The top of the image in the first is cut off. It says FY16 Announced games console/PC. Since a Trilogy remaster is not officially announced it would not be on the list.

It has been teased on the Mass Effect thread with tweets.

hagDl3y.png

Credit to shinobi for the tweet.

TVexperto

Looks like this E3 is going to be jam-packed for EA:

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
Mirror's Edge gameplay
Need for Speed reveal/gameplay
Mass Effect reveal
PVZ: Garden Warfare 2 reveal
EA sports stuff

What else?

Maybe a Battlefield 5 teaser (developed by DICE?) (pure speculation)

SentryDown

Missed the announcement, did they really went for Rory McIlroy after 15 years of Tiger Woods as the PGA series main figure ? He's a great player for sure, probably the current best one but I'm not sure it's a good idea to include him in the title, the game title now looks like a shitty shovelware. They could have wait a bit longer in case he doesn't last long, he's young and "PGA 15" is a nice enough title.

/off thread, let's talk about asian girls parkouring again

Still have hope for a Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered. The top of the image in the first is cut off. It says FY16 Announced games console/PC. Since a Trilogy remaster is not officially announced it would not be on the list.

It has been teased on the Mass Effect thread with tweets.

hagDl3y.png

#BELIEVE ! Never played Mass Effect so I hope this is the case.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ANYTHING other than NFS Underground 3 and I will be completely uninterested in that game.

I'm the opposite, I felt like Underground 1 was the series' jump-the-shark moment, and Hot Pursuit 2010, Most Wanted 2012 and Rivals were the series' high points ever since. You know, the ones with more exotic cars and less tuner cars.

If it's Underground 3, then that'll be more time for me on Forza 6, I suppose. Hopefully, it'll be more Ferraris and cop chases.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Missed the announcement, did they really went for Rory McIlroy after 15 years of Tiger Woods as the PGA series main figure ? He's a great player for sure, probably the current best one but I'm not sure it's a good idea to include him in the title, the game title now looks like a shitty shovelware. They could have wait a bit longer in case he doesn't last long, he's young and "PGA 15" is a nice enough title.

/off thread, let's talk about asian girls parkouring again

Naming it after Rory is weird, its akin to renaming Madden to John Harbaugh football or something, perhaps it'll work out well for sales in Europe but I don't see it being a positive in the states. I get why they would want to drop Tiger Woods but even with him struggling hes still the most popular golfer.

So excited for some new Mirrors Edge. I thought EA would have a good show last year and it was a total trainwreck. So this year they're gonna have the best show ever. Hopefully the new NFS is good too cause the last one wasn't that hot.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
"bigger and bolder new console experience,"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-mirror-s-edge-plants-vs-zombies-games-coming-i/1100-6427116/

Please tell me this doesn't mean no PC version.

It's listed for PC in the chart.

They think of it as a "console" type game though in terms of the revenue structure likely being a bunch of physical retail copies sold up front and then DLC later rather than the type of revenue structure you associate with PC (either f2p or overwhelmingly digital sales) or mobile (f2p).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, we're getting a current gen Mirror's Edge sequel in less than 12 freaking months. I am so pumped.

Please, if it's needed, delay the game. Don't let this suck, don't let this suck.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Can't wait for Mirror's Edge reboot. Also Need for speed, hoping its not as derivative and by the numbers as Rivals was, that shit was embarrasing

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Looks like this E3 is going to be jam-packed for EA:

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
Mirror's Edge gameplay
Need for Speed reveal/gameplay
Mass Effect reveal
PVZ: Garden Warfare 2 reveal
EA sports stuff

What else?
2.5 hour conference makes sense

It's strange how here it is 2015 and Mirror's Edge is alive and well and Dead Space is dead for now. Back in 2008, who would have thought this would be the case?

Naming it after Rory is weird, its akin to renaming Madden to John Harbaugh football or something, perhaps it'll work out well for sales in Europe but I don't see it being a positive in the states. I get why they would want to drop Tiger Woods but even with him struggling hes still the most popular golfer.

So excited for some new Mirrors Edge. I thought EA would have a good show last year and it was a total trainwreck. So this year they're gonna have the best show ever. Hopefully the new NFS is good too cause the last one wasn't that hot.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on GAF that its not so much that they dropped him but that he signed an exclusive deal with some mobile company. I'm sure someone can clarify if this is true or not

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll buy a new GW. I'll do that.
It's strange how here it is 2015 and Mirror's Edge is alive and well and Dead Space is dead for now. Back in 2008, who would have thought this would be the case?

Give ME2 a chance to flop first. I doubt it'll make it to 3 like Dead Space did.

J@hranimo

Banned
Garden Warfare 2? Sign me up! Loved that game last year. So much free content with a non-intrusive F2P model that didn't affect gameplay.

Also FINALLY Mirror's Edge news! Please don't mess it up please don't mess it up please don't mess it up

Harlequin

Saw Q1 in the thread title and got excited, then saw Q4 in the OP. That's just cruel to play with people's feelings like that :(.

Top Bottom