• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Mirror's Edge and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 releasing Q1 2016

statham

Garden Warfare is easily my most played game this gen probably spent atleast a couple of hundred hours, They need more maps in the sequel and 2 more types of players on each side. Player count is perfect, Imo. Also they need a better way to separate the more experience players from noobs and kids.

vypek

Garden Warfare is easily my most played game this gen probably spent atleast a couple of hundred hours, They need more maps in the sequel and 2 more types of players on each side. Player count is perfect, Imo. Also they need a better way to separate the more experience players from noobs and kids.

I always thought the game was actually pretty well balanced. Even more experienced players can be outperformed by newer players. And unlocks aren't opened by experience but just coins which anyone can easily get.

Garden Warfare 2 makes me soooooo happy! :D

Love the game, what started as 'just a game to fill in time before Titanfall' ended up being easily my fav, most played multiplayer game of the gen so far lol.

Love it!

Elixist

while the rng of the sticker packs can be fun, i'd also like the option to just buy what i want. it can get old looking for the damage upgrade for your favorite costume etc. also barrels and outhouses are op as fuck, i mean cmon no other sticker on the zombies really comes close to having 8000 health or whatever they have. balance that shit better next time please.

statham

I always thought the game was actually pretty well balanced. Even more experienced players can be outperformed by newer players. And unlocks aren't opened by experience but just coins which anyone can easily get.

Its too easy to switch sides so initially balance alot of people will switch to play the other team, this also happens alot when one team is winning, close to the end a few will jump to the other team to get the bonus credits. making for some dominate endings of 10vs 8 or so, Stop the switching to different teams altogether would help a bunch IMO.

edit: I've been in many matches 4 to1, where I'm the solo person. I actually enjoy those, but that should never happen and its not only from people quitting. I got into the opposite where it was 3 to 1 and we was hunting for a single high level player, he played the janitor and took us apart, one of the few times I thought a player was way better then me, he had mad skillz. He was probably 12.

J@hranimo

Banned
I reallllly have to finally get around to playing Mirror's Edge. Is wedged deep in the backlog.

Find a weekend and just dive into the game. It's pretty short, but it's great fun!

I'm so nervous about mirrors edge. Please don't suck.

Right there with you. I'm excited and afraid of the relatively unknown with this game ><;

The new NFS better be a sequel or reboot of Underground.

TO THE WINDOW

TO THE WAAAAAALL

vypek

Its too easy to switch sides so initially balance alot of people will switch to play the other team, this also happens alot when one team is winning, close to the end a few will jump to the other team to get the bonus credits. making for some dominate endings of 10vs 8 or so, Stop the switching to different teams altogether would help a bunch IMO.

I had no idea you could switch to a different time besides at the start of the match. In that case, it really is a problem. At least they seem to be pretty good at disabling any team switch when there is a large enough difference in team sizes (I think it disables at 2 player difference). I agree with you that it would help.

VanWinkle

Would also LOVE to see sort of a R&C style campaign!

Chris1

A new PvZ? That's interesting, the first one was a success and I really enjoyed my time with it. Will probably be in for the sequel.

As others have said I really hope NFS is underground this year, bring NFS back to where it belongs EA, just don't fuck it up.

I never thought I'd be as excited for the new PvZ as I am for ME but Garden Warfare is easily one of the funnest games I've played in a long time. So glad EA gave it away for free back in December or I probably never would have given it a chance.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Cautiously, cautiously optimistic towards ME2's E3 next showing.

Just don't fuck it up like the new Tony Hawk, please.

Roshin

What's going on with the regular version of PvZ, ie not Garden Warfare? Has that been completely buried by now?

I'd love to see more RPG elements in Garden Warfare 2 (skill trees, items with actual stats, etc). Bring in more PvE content and more roles you can play, that you really have to rely on teamplay. PvE mode should feel like Dungeon Defender, GW1 PvE got boring kinda quick to me and my mates

I'd also love to see something for singleplayer. I spend hours with the original PvZ, GW was a letdown in that part.

Also: Please dont f*** up the PC version again, join a game as a group with your friends is an essantial part of a multiplayer game. Can't understand how they could miss out that part

Ennosuke

ME (2) is my most wanted game. I never believed that they would actually make it and now the release is less than a year away.

Yoday

I really hope they keep the theme song from the original Mirrors Edge, it was perfect. That whole soundtrack is just stunning.

robbo

Neo Member
Really looking forward to Garden Warfare 2
Would like more of:
Accessability. Really felt like a game anyone can jump into straight away
Balance. Never felt like I could not play any characters or any significant overpowering
Depth. Character ability synergy and counters
Incentives to play a variety of characters with unlocks etc
Possible improvements:
More Story content
More maps
Take care with monetisation elements
More crazy powers and general ridiculousness of the franchise

SiDCrAzY

I didn't realize they had announced GW2 until now. So freakin' excited. I'm in day one, unless EA screws it up somehow.

Easily my favorite game of this gen and possibly top ten of all time.

Top Bottom