• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yeah, it's kind of rough. But it brought the fact that Evan Susser is working on the Sonic movie to my attention...That's positive?

Hollywood Handbook is terrific though. Tom Sharpling firing on every cylinder.
Are you a new listener to Doughboys? They bring it up almost every time he's on and sometimes when he's not.

Oh neat, there's an Earwolf thread.

Good week all around. CBB Christmas was stacked, Handbook East, and an i4h Armen special. There was a Questions for Lennon Christmas special that dropped I still need to get to as well.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Haha yeah, I am. I've listened to a lot of the backlog, but haven't listened to any of Susser's past experience mainly because I have never been to a Steak 'n' Shake.

Oh yeah, they talk about it often in his episodes. Also you should go to a Steak 'n' Shake, although apparently not one by Biglari. Go to a real one. Great shakes!

Christmas episode of CBB was legendary. I rewinded at least 20 times.

There is such an energy I LOVE when there are so many people in the room and you can hear them laugh in the background.

It heightens the comedy.

neshcom

Banned

There is such an energy I LOVE when there are so many people in the room and you can hear them laugh in the background.

It heightens the comedy.

PFT and Adomian are so specifically great for this because Paul will try not to laugh too loud and James will just explode.

It heightens the comedy.

It really was great, I was laughing the entire time. For some reason the part about the water fountain in the Whites Only place had me near death. The abbreviation of Whites Only No Col. killed me. Then referring to Rhea as the Hawaii Lesbian and then having him do the rundown over and over again and Rhea being upset she didn't get more words.

It was just an all around classic.

Jason getting mad about Scot not wanting to sing unless it's a Solo Bolo.

I could listen to the entire episode again immediately.

Catvoca

Banned
The first CBB! Best of is out. Always look forward to them every year.

i'm 3 episodes in to Analyze Phish and i hate that i'm just now listening to it

also i miss Harris

I relistened to it this year and some parts were tough to get through with him gone. Still a great show though. Episode 8, I think, after they've gone to the Phish show and got high together, is amazing.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm so far behind on CBB that I'm debating just listening to the best ofs to figure out which are the good episodes and listening to the episodes as they're announced on that. I'm literally almost a year behind at this point.

Bacon

I'm so far behind on CBB that I'm debating just listening to the best ofs to figure out which are the good episodes and listening to the episodes as they're announced on that. I'm literally almost a year behind at this point.

I'm the same way. I'm not sure that I've listened to any episodes that came out this year. Damn life changes cut down on my time available to listen to podcasts.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Wonder how hard Besser had to lobby to get an i4h advertisement about the Christmas episode. However he got it, I'm happy for him. The Christmas episodes have been great.

I really hope that now that Scott should be at least a little less busy, what with his show not being a thing anymore, that he'll find the time to guest on I4H.

Clegg

Listening to the best ofs. Always a treat to listen back to some great eps.

I'd forgotten how great the Janice Cramps segment was. PFT lost his shit.

big ander

I've been enjoying hearing sections of live eps for the first time. On pt 3 and the ep with Gino, mantzoukas, and jj and Murphy is brutally funny

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I've been enjoying hearing sections of live eps for the first time. On pt 3 and the ep with Gino, mantzoukas, and jj and Murphy is brutally funny

The live episodes are sooo good. I suggest at least a month of Howl just to listen to them. Then check out The Complete Woman and The Teacher's Lounge.

HotHamBoy

The live episodes are sooo good. I suggest at least a month of Howl just to listen to them. Then check out The Complete Woman and The Teacher's Lounge.

Dude. Yes. All of this. So good.

I also recommend Superego if you haven't heard it, but start with season 2 or 3 because the first one is kind of rough. Season 3 makes PFT a full-time member and that's easily the best season. But I love all those guys.

While you are at it, Superego: Forgotten Classics is also fantastic, if brief. The Red Badge of Courage episodr is one of the best things on Howl.

I would recommend Besser vs Audience too, especially if you are a UCB/I4H fan. I just bunged it after watching Besser Breaks The Record on Seeso. That special was amazing, so good.

(Seeso is definitely worth the sub, btw. At least for a month. For "Flowers" alone)

But that 2016 CBB Tour, man... pure magic.

Speaking of live shows, another banger Hollwood Handbook.

Salaadin

Subscribing for the live eps is worth it. They range from good to fantastic. Very few weak ones. The line ups were incredible.

My biggest hangup is the app. I hear the android app is buggy and doesnt allow episode downloads, which I need so I dont run up my mobile data.
I thought about using the unofficial premium RSS feeds in Pocket Casts and seeing if that would let me download.

EDIT: Hmm seems I might be wrong about episode downloading....

Turd's a great character. Also, they missed the greatest part of that episode.... "SIX MILLION DEAD?"

Honestly I felt Kid Detectives 2 was disappointing compared to the first.

I'll have to check out the rest of the ep but from what I heard, a "fuck and suck" every five minutes does not a laugher make.

I liked the live Kid Detectives more for sure, yeah.

Bread

Banned
I liked when they did the same characters from last year and didn't do anything new with them that was my favorite part of the best ofs

Clegg

Never heard the power wheels EP until I listened to the best ofs.

Went back and listened to the whole thing. It's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom