• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

I dont disagree with this but I also feel like its hard to support Howl as a whole when theyve been consistently mishandling this whole switchover. I swear, isnt this is 2nd or third time this year that we got apologies from them for communicating poorly? It makes me feel uneasy about them.

Fuck, just last week I was in here seriously considering a yearly subscription....
Ill probably still buy it anyways but I wont blame anyone for not wanting to.

I just don't want to take it out the artists. It's not their fault that Scipps is run by incompetents. If putting up with Howl means ensuring shows I like keep getting produced then I'll deal with that.

HotHamBoy

Sean and Hayes (and Julie) demolished it on Best Show last night.

"It was like a Home Improvement wipe."

I loved it. Two and some hours of the four of them bullshitting. Pure Joy.

I4h was insane this week. I love them all so much

It was really good.

I know Besser hates that people bitch about the music eps and it's his how, he should do what he wants, but I honestly am always glad when he doesn't have a musical guest on. I either don't listen or fast forward. The concept is cool but I generally don't care for the kind of music he features.

He could just do Crap On Youtube the whole time and I would be happy. I've found out about some hilarious and weird stuff through that segment.

kris.

Banned
I know Besser hates that people bitch about the music eps and it's his how, he should do what he wants, but I honestly am always glad when he doesn't have a musical guest on. I either don't listen or fast forward. The concept is cool but I generally don't care for the kind of music he features.

He could just do Crap On Youtube the whole time and I would be happy. I've found out about some hilarious and weird stuff through that segment.

ah man, really? he's had some seriously fantastic artists on lately. radical face, chris farren & jeff rosenstock, austin lucas, murder by death... so good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had no idea that they decided to lock up the entire back catalogue. I mean, I understand it, but I kind of wish I knew about it before the archives disappeared.

Kinyou

So How did this get made episodes will now take a year until they're behind the paywall and they'll also have 25 episodes on rotation. Sounds like an okay solution to me.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just wish I could have gone back and listened to the CBB episode where Joe Wengert played a frozen yogurt store owner who came on to talk about his website one more time. The moment where he talks about the kids putting a picture of him online with the caption "Started from the bottom, now we here" is gold. I'd also do an regular return to the moment where Zouks tries to get Andy Daly to read a limerick from his book of limericks and then it gets turned around on him, which made me cry with laughter when I first heard it. Maybe when I clear a little more of my podcast backlog I'll sign up to Howl so I get the chance to go back once again.

Man I had to turn the HDGTM Escape From LA episode off just now. It was stressing me out. Too much shouting over each other. Between this and that one right before it with Anna Farris I've been struggling to listen lately. Hopefully the Highlander episode has better guests.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Man I had to turn the HDGTM Escape From LA episode off just now. It was stressing me out. Too much shouting over each other. Between this and that one right before it with Anna Farris I've been struggling to listen lately. Hopefully the Highlander episode has better guests.
C157cFIUcAAgM4v

I enjoyed the episode, although I don't tend to like live episodes as much generally.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I feel like audiences for the live shows of virtually all Earwolf podcasts have been getting a little too comfortable and participatory. Too many people desperately trying to get their moment on the recording.

KarmaCow

I got real awkward when that dude tried to heckle Jason and then his girlfriend almost went on some anti-muslim rant before Jason shut that shit down quick.

HotHamBoy

ah man, really? he's had some seriously fantastic artists on lately. radical face, chris farren & jeff rosenstock, austin lucas, murder by death... so good.

If it makes you feel better the most recent live episode introduced me to Landlady. The new album that just came out is fantastic.

https://landlady.bandcamp.com/album/the-world-is-a-loud-place

Track #2 really sold me

I thought Scheer's "Paywall Special" was pretty good.

Catvoca

Banned
As both a Gabrus and a Hollywood Handbook fan, this weeks HH episode was incredible. Haven't laughed as hard at a podcast in ages. It's also led to Sean being on this weeks episode of High and Mighty talking about iced coffee, which is a good listen.

robo_qwop

As both a Gabrus and a Hollywood Handbook fan, this weeks HH episode was incredible. Haven't laughed as hard at a podcast in ages. It's also lead to Sean being on this weeks episode of High and Mighty talking about iced coffee, which is a good listen.

They need to come up with a permanent 3 man concept for something. If for no other reason than to get Gabrus over to Earwolf where he belongs.

They need to come up with a permanent 3 man concept for something. If for no other reason than to get Gabrus over to Earwolf where he belongs.

Network talk reminds me about my curiosity over the sklar brothers taking dumb people town to feral over earwolf. Did they ever talk about it?

Speaking of hilarious HH eps, I'm listening to the Cody and Kevin, Our Facebook Friends from November and my head hurts from laughing so much. Hayes' angry tone through this is great "FACEBOOK! Activate!" The whole bit about Kevin striking out trying to take a girl for Frogurt had me dying too.

big ander

As both a Gabrus and a Hollywood Handbook fan, this weeks HH episode was incredible. Haven't laughed as hard at a podcast in ages. It's also led to Sean being on this weeks episode of High and Mighty talking about iced coffee, which is a good listen.

This High and Mighty's awesome. Sean and Gabrus are great together. Laughed a lot hearing about the innovative coffee roaster who rants about all lives matter.

Good enough that I'll go check more High and Mighty episodes, I gave up after 3 or 4 but maybe it took a bit to figure itself out.

Catvoca

Banned
This High and Mighty's awesome. Sean and Gabrus are great together. Laughed a lot hearing about the innovative coffee roaster who rants about all lives matter.

Good enough that I'll go check more High and Mighty episodes, I gave up after 3 or 4 but maybe it took a bit to figure itself out.

It's a great show, I only got into it recently but I've been going back and listening to a bunch of episodes. The recent Besser episode is a good one to listen too!

I was in tears during the HH Ryan Stanger fitness ep. And please tell me they keep up the bit with Kevin and creep shots and having to read a prepared statement every time he takes pics.

Catvoca

Banned
An Earwolf fan designed these HH shirts that'll be in the Earwolf store soon! There's a mouse skellington shirt he's working on too.

5hsdeua.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I want to say that HH is the Arrested Development of podcasts, but I don't even know what I mean by that or how they're even similar.

Thoughts?

Just watched the Michael Bolton special on Netflix and I fucking loved it!

There's a bonus clip with Claudia O'Dorethy on the show's page by the way.

HotHamBoy

From the Earwolf subreddit.. our little sweetie was protesting!

LOLOLOL

Hayes looks fucking miserable in that photo!

Sean's rant at the end of this week's ep had me busting up in a good way.

I believe this is the design, though the shirt itself will probably be different than the one here.

aXqQjTL.jpg

They're made by art_is_dumb on Reddit, he's printing them and sending them to Earwolf to sell on their store.

Hmm. I would prefer a shirt that says a smile is the skellington trying to escape.

Catvoca

Banned
The Michael Bolton Valentine's Day special on Netflix is fun if you're an Earwolf fan. Scott wrote and directed on it and the other Scott appears in it, as do a bunch of other Earwolf /alt comedy regulars.

The Michael Bolton Valentine's Day special on Netflix is fun if you're an Earwolf fan. Scott wrote and directed on it and the other Scott appears in it, as do a bunch of other Earwolf /alt comedy regulars.

It's great. Just incredibly fun and silly. Bolton plays everything so straight and kills as a result.

Definitely has the Comedy Bang Bang (the show) style to it, but with a greater budget and able to get multiple big stars in a single run.

Catvoca

Banned
It's great. Just incredibly fun and silly. Bolton plays everything so straight and kills as a result.

Definitely has the Comedy Bang Bang (the show) style to it, but with a greater budget and able to get multiple big stars in a single run.

The bit with the Chef in particular was like something straight out of CBB! TV. Really funny.

You could definitely feel Hot Saucerman's influence - like the joke about 'my favorite musican with two first names Ray Charles'.

After this week's Hollywood Handbook I'm done with Dough Boys. Learning about Nick Wigers beliefs and devious plot to make listeners crash their cars is TOO much. Thank God for those sweeties coming forward and exposing him for what he is.

For any How did this get made fans, I highly recommend getting the Mannequin 2 episode (Ep #140, July 2016). They spend a good 10 minutes passing around a laptop googling whether barbie or ken have nipples and genitalia and it was I'm-going-to-die hilarious.

Bread

Banned
Had a weekend full of UCB shows, saw Mitch, Sean, Neil Campbell, Jon Gabrus, Mary Holland, Paul Rust and Benny Schwaz. Pretty amazing seeing them up close, god they're funny.

For any How did this get made fans, I highly recommend getting the Mannequin 2 episode (Ep #140, July 2016). They spend a good 10 minutes passing around a laptop googling whether barbie or ken have nipples and genitalia and it was I'm-going-to-die hilarious.
Where does the butt begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom