• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the 1 year Easy Allies! I joined pretty late last year (November) and I feel sad that I never paid much attention to your time at GT aside from the E3 reactions but better late than never!

arkon

Congratulations to the guys on their 1 year anniversary. Here's to more good times ahead.

I'm just sorry I didn't get into them sooner, especially in their GT days. To be fair I didn't start watching content like this at the time and now I can't get enough.

Happy Anniversary allies.

To think that I started to get into the GT content.... 2 weeks before the closure. It was a bummer to discover something cool and having it taken away from me so fast. So I only got into the community and to know the crew at EZA. And to think that now its a big part of my gaming life. It's really cool that they chose to stay together and keep doing it. Can't take that for granted.

L&R to all.

Joqu

Feliz aniversario, Aliados Fáciles!

In spanish it sounds so so wrong

I kind of like it! :p

I was going to try dutch first but now that I don't like the sound of

Gemakkelijke Geallieerden? or something? I guess the alliteration is neat...

Axass

Buon anniversario!

It's been a great year, thanks for the company.

His Patreon had the reach of Kinda Funny, gaming forums but also people interested in History & Politics so he's obviously going to have more demographics to draw from.

Politics stuff has been skyrocketing on Patreon lately. It's the Trump effect.

Joqu

GT content is interesting to me. I never really got into the site proper, but I was familiar with some of the video content, it feels weird. Like I remember loving Pop Fiction way before I even bothered checking anything else out for a good long time. Didn't care about the GT name or any of the involved personalities. Then The Final Bosman, but to a lesser extend. And I was more familiar with Jones' voice than I would've been from just Pop Fiction so I must have been familiar with their reviews too or something. But nothing to the extend that I ever remember seeking out any of their other content. I don't remember caring about the GT name for the majority of it all.

Then the Shenmue 3 E3 reaction happened, and it got spread around a lot. I loved it. Huber. <3
Which got me hooked on their other reaction content. Which got me more hooked on the personalities. And I began seeking out their Shenmue II playthrough. And then the others (FF7 <3). Still, playthroughs and reactions. In a way it feels sort of dirty for those to be what did it.

...And then the site shutdown. Just when I was really getting into it, it felt pretty bad.

I don't believe I've ever listened to a single GT-era podcast. I did go back and watched to all the Final Bosmans though, I had only watched a handful before. Still, I guess I never got to be a proper GT fan in a way, though it certainly didn't feel that way when the closure happened. And I remember how happy I was when I learned about the Easy Allies project. Maybe that's all that counts?

L&R <3

Szeth

Yep Ben won the bet, like i said earlier. ME is already at 70K viewers, the rest really low balled it.

Yeah I was really confused by their bets and reaction to Ben's as big games almost always have high numbers on launch. I knew he'd win.

Happy 1 year anniversary EZA! Have high hopes for year 2. L&R.

Hasney

giphy.gif

Auctopus

Ahahah, Brad's reaction in that clip.

That "Feels so good to be right!" should've been the new "I'm loving these micro-transactions".

This looks great. Not sure I have a good solution, but I don't know that the Bud Light and Fat Burger jokes come across as jokes to a newcomer.

I second this. I think it should be more accessible and less esoteric. Hell, maybe even make a different one explaining the lore to those interested.

Edit: Of course, happy anniversary guys and gals!

Auctopus

Watching this debut stream re-run and noticed that Twitch Subs slide up from the bottom of the screen then slide back down.

Am I right in saying that Twitch Subs now fade in then fade away? If so, could we go back to the slide up? I feel it's slightly nicer.

slash3584

Congrats to the Allies! Don't know enough words to praise these guys!

Just watched the diaper bit and holy shit can't stop picturing Huber getting his Switch out of a folded shirt just to clean its screen with a diaper.

Axass

That was a very promising Cup of Jones, totally the opposite of the "coasting" attitude we were talking about. Feels good, can't wait for the Thursday stream.

Also, I hope we get some impressions from gaffers going to the concert.

Axass

Don't get your hopes up for a Bosman show guys, you're going to be let down. He said again and again he doesn't wanna.

Oh, come on. JUST DO IT KYLE!!!

Mista Koo

The diaper thing is the most disturbing thing to ever come out of Huber's mouth :X
Damiani was the wrong choice for this panel. He's often silent on podcasts, but pairing him up with 3 that are very close to each other made him even more silent.

Speaking of Damiani, that [URL="https://zeldamaps.com/"]Zelda Maps[/URL] thing is crazy. And I wouldn't have heard of it otherwise.

Happy Anniversary, Easy Allies! Here's the new OT design. There's a few things missing right now, even some notable absences but I wanted to create a new foundation for an OT that can be added to fast & loose in the future. There's also some information that could be communicated in a more "fun" way but it's a work in progress! The BB Code is a lot simpler and relies more on images now so it should load nice and fast.

There's links to all of EZA's sites etc. so it should be pretty intuitive for new fans as well! L&R.

Please take a look if you get the chance and let me know any critiques or additions that you think should be made.
I don't like the picture format. It makes sense if the layout was picture heavy, but the only pictures you are using are contained within the titles or are portraits. You don't even have pictures for the shows! If you insist on not using pictures for the shows you could look for better iconography, try https://thenounproject.com/ (most of them require attribution).
Since everything is flat it's weird having a solid background color, but it would probably be better black since it matches their branding and is also more striking (and less weird on dark GAF). Also I think the white outlines only work for the main logo and the titles, they don't work for the names and definitely don't work for the pictures.

Ultimadrago

Damiani was the wrong choice for this panel. He's often silent on podcasts, but pairing him up with 3 that are very close to each other made him even more silent.

Damiani is always a good choice for a Zelda panel! But still, I see where you're coming from for some of the rest after that. There wasn't very much for him to really get in on (aside from the Kingdom Hearts tidbit at the very end). Though Brad doesn't talk too much either if I recall. That's another why a Zelda Spoilercast would be great. Damiani would keep everyone else silent forever.

Happy Anniversary, allies! It's crazy to think that it's been a year.

I still know exactly how I woke up that morning, saw the Patreon announcement, watched the video and signed up on Patreon on my way to work.

I hope they can continue to deliver and grow.

Thrilled to support this group since day 1 and real excited for the future! Hah, a shame they are currently only 380 subs away from 100k on youtube. Wish they had a show or something out today so it would make sense to post about the 1 year thing on the main board and hopefully get them over the top before their show tonight.

Cup of Jones is exciting. New shows and better production value will hopefully take them to new heights. I'm planning to double my Patreon sub in celebration for a few months. If they add a new a Bosman show, I'll likely be on a ramen noodle diet for a while. Worth it.

Congrats, EZA.

Seiryoden

As with members above, Huber's Handheld Hygiene solution is killing me XD. I posted it on the patreon already, but I hope everyone has a great time tonight. Break a leg!

I don't know if we should expect a "New Final Bosman" tier. Kyle said that he wanted a studio if it was to make the show... but they're getting so used to the garage. And doing a bunch of changes to it.

I hope they know that a Bosman show tier would probably be reached as soon as it appears.

While I know that a studio will probably be better for them in producing content, man I'll still miss the cozy feeling of Brandon's garbage.

Any baseball fans here? Heads up: USA is playing Japan tonight in the World Baseball Classic (sort of a baseball World Cup) Semifinal. The winner will face Puerto Rico tomorrow in Los Angeles (the USA/Japan game is in LA as well).

Hasney

I hope they know that a Bosman show tier would probably be reached as soon as it appears.

It would at 40k, I'm not entirely sure at 45k. Are there that many people that:

1) Are aware of Easy Allies
2) Are aware of The Final Bosman
3) Are not currently backing to what they can afford each month (because remember, they said with story time that if it drops below, it's gone)

I'd hope to be wrong because I'd love the show, but I honestly believe that there's not a huge amount of people that are willing or able to back EZA that are fans and just haven't. It's just about exposure now.

EDIT: Do a week delay on $10 Patrons or higher on Bowman though and we'll probably see a decent uptick.

it will be funny to reflect on the garage-era whenever they inevitably get a studio, whether it's this year or years down the line

actually thinking about upping my pledge a bit soon.. gotta go over finances and such first but just reading all these posts and thinkin' about how much time i spend paying attention to these guys. they rule. and yeah, if kyle did have some sort of comeback i would probably double my pledge in a heartbeat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom