• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey, I'm neutral. I have no power and I cannot vote, so I'm powerless. My win condition is totally in line with yours as well, so there's no reason to lynch me."

Doesn't that sound suspicious? Heck, why would an illegal immigrant help the GOP in the first place?

Please I'm not against lynching me as long as it doesn't happen simply because it's the easiest choice and you have nothing to lose.

Fireblend

Banned
I want to be clear that i dont want to lynch someone who could possibly come to our side. What makes sense and not is not really helpful. I just want to remind you all what happened with kingkitty and how everyone just said well that does not make any sense. Turns out he was town after all. I just believe her for the moment and don't agree on lynching her today.

Sure, and I agree. This post is a whole lot better than your previous one.

nin, who do you think is worth investigating atm? You have established yourself as a townie, so I trust your intentions.

cabot

Cabot, does your ability differentiate between Neutral and Scum?

I post BUT THERE’S SNOW OUTSIDE in the thread to check if the person with the most amount of votes is GOP or not. The moderator will post the following in the thread:

If the player is GOP: I KNOW, RIGHT?
If the player is not GOP: SEEMS A LITTLE WARM.

Not that I think anyone doubted this but to be clear, the wording of my PM hints to neutral roles

giphy.gif

Idk, two neutrals is IMO on the high side for the number of neutrals for a smaller game. If bsp is indeed voteless, than there's probably some other thing she's hiding from us

Btw bsp, will you say whether you're neutral or not?

Palmer_v1

I agree that a vig should generally not start killing immediately, but in practice, most vigs can't resist using the power.

I'm still inclined to think SK though. There's probably only 3 scum, so a lucky vig could shorten this game drastically, while a SK is invested in killing both sides.

Fireblend

Banned
Thanks for reposting it. So assuming we trust you, Nin is either GoP, or something that tricks your scan.

I still feel like we have to go after BSP. Maybe Hyperactivity or Kalor.

I'm leaning Hyper, if only because Kalor is MIA and I want reads from him before he dies.

Vote: BananaSpacePrincess

Her story doesn't make sense. This game is GOP candidates vs the electorate. An illegal immigrant makes no sense as a candidate but makes perfect sense as the electorate. To further reinforce this idea, every single GOP-aligned person so far has had an actual name. She's just a random illegal.

I feel bad picking on a new person, but I think she just got caught up a bit and didn't think her role claim through entirely.

Disagree. It makes most sense as a neutral role. How can you be electorate if you can't vote?

Kalor

Sorry for not posting much today, I went to bed shortly after I posted at the start of the day phase and can't post here until I get home.

I don't think we should bother with BSP today, their role seems believeable to me and I feel like the Electorate would try to say that the role is GOP aligned as soon as possible to prevent furthur suspicion. It makes more sense as a neutral role to me and it seems to match with the flavor for what that's worth.

Is it normal for a game to have this many vote manipulation roles? Cabots depended on votes, and now we have a voteless. Maybe an override exists too.

For a Election themed game, having a lot of vote based roles makes some amount of sense. I don't know if we have an override but someone mentioned a double vote on the first day and that stuck with me.

Please I'm not against lynching me as long as it doesn't happen simply because it's the easiest choice and you have nothing to lose.

Just read this. Ok I absolutely hate when people do this "oh woe is me, just vote for me it will help town win" garbage. It just irks me the wrong way. Not enough to policy lynch.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, seems like we're stuck until Kalor or nin are able to give us their reads. Anyone else mind telling us who they are suspicious of?

awfully sorry for my absence guys, I had an unexpected early start and have been pretty rushed off my feet on a day that I thought would be far more leisurely

thoughts on some of the things that have presented themselves in the first half of this day phase

Bananaspaceprincess - I don't think that the roleclaim and the flavour match, with the 'illegal immigrant' role not really matching the rest of the GOP-aligned players. I think that she's the most likely candidate for the third-party killer based on what little info we have. I'm leaning towards this mostly because there's no way there could be a player whose sole defining quality is a lack of vote. Moreover, I think that if she were GOP-aligned she would have been upfront with her lack of vote immediately as opposed to waiting until somebody noticed. There's more to unpack here than meets the eye.

Also 'there is a chance my visa might get approved'. Hmm. I would think that there would be a fixed condition clearly stated in the role PM, but who the fuck knows considering that the kingkitty mess turned out to be 110% true.

Lone_Prodigy - The main issue with L_P is that he replaced Launchpad, who quite a few people thought was acting suspiciously, and so in occupying his role he naturally falls under scrutiny. Everyone has remarked that Launch defended Salva, but the Defender of the People was also strongly in opposition to the nin and cabot votes, and I think he also commented on the kingkitty vote but I'm not sure. Launch also made some very strange non-statements that I think Fireblend picked up on, where he basically used a lot of words to say nothing at all.

Maybe that's just the way Launch is, but in that case the way Launch is is scummy as hell and L_P is left with a lot to answer for by standing in his shoes.

Kalor - I'm unfamiliar with Kalor but I still have absolutely no opinion on him, which nearly halfway into Day 2 in a 16-player game is a bit weird. His posts are quite MOR and he doesn't really engage that much aside from when pushed.

also I think on reflection that it's most probably a Serial Killer on the loose for balance reasons

more to come as I think of it

Kalor

Well, seems like we're stuck until Kalor or nin are able to give us their reads. Anyone else mind telling us who they are suspicious of?

As of right now I've been thinking a lot about Hyperactivity and SalvaPot. With Hyperactivity it's been less more what they've posted and the list that Palmer came up with at the start of the day. I know that that I'm GOP so I've voted for Hyper. However something about SalvaPot has been bugging me since the game started. I'll need to go find the specific.

Launchpad did seem scummy yesterday but in a way that seemed too obvious. I want to hear more from Lone_Prodigy but I feel like that if they are Electorate then they will play in a low key way since suspicion is naturally on

Also Ouro, it still says Launchpad in the OP instead of Lone_Prodigy.

Kalor

I posted that by mistake before I was finished, here's the slightly fuller version.

As of right now I've been thinking a lot about Hyperactivity and SalvaPot. With Hyperactivity it's been less more what they've posted and the list that Palmer came up with at the start of the day. I know that that I'm GOP so I've voted for Hyper. However something about SalvaPot has been bugging me since the game started. I'll need to go find the specific posts.

Launchpad did seem scummy yesterday but in a way that seemed too obvious. I want to hear more from Lone_Prodigy but I feel like that if they are Electorate then they will play in a low key way since suspicion is naturally on due to Launchpad.

Also Ouro, it still says Launchpad in the OP instead of Lone_Prodigy.

SalvaPot

Lone_Prodigy has barely posted. If we consider him a new player then we might as well lynch him because he has said close to nothing. And we *should* read Launch's post to get an insight into L_P's role. It sucks as I've already said but I'm not about to ignore my doubts on Launch just because he now has a new personality.

This I can agree with. Voting for him because of how inactive or unhelpful he has been is fine for me, but I just dislike how hyper piles on l_p for something launch did.

nin1000

Banned
This I can agree with. Voting for him because of how inactive or unhelpful he has been is fine for me, but I just dislike how hyper piles on l_p for something launch did.

I can understand Hyper since L_P and Launch are the same person !
There was a player change but his role is the same.

SalvaPot

I can understand Hyper since L_P and Launch are the same person !
There was a player change but his role is the same.

As I said to hyper, I can understand it too, but it just feels weird to me to expect a new player to give you information about something the player he replaced it did, it seems pointless to me.

So my point is that Hyper should be aware of how pointless it is, yet he still decided to go after l_p, that tells me he either is that desperate to find scum following his previous hunch, or knows something we don´t.

nin1000

Banned
So my point is that Hyper should be aware of how pointless it is, yet he still decided to go after l_p, that tells me he either is that desperate to find scum following his previous hunch, or knows something we don´t.
obama33-300x200.jpg

I can follow your line of thinking there salva

Fireblend

Banned
obama33-300x200.jpg

I can follow your line of thinking there salva

Is that a can or was it meant to be can't? I don't know anymore. If I didn't know any better I'd guess you're under an effect similar to cabot's that forces you to misspell your posts :p

And yeah, I think we're approaching an inactive lynch. It kinda sucks, I don't think scum is hiding behind inactiveness.

nin1000

Banned
Is that a can or was it meant to be can't? I don't know anymore. If I didn't know any better I'd guess you're under an effect similar to cabot's that forces you to misspell your posts :p

And yeah, I think we're approaching an inactive lynch. It kinda sucks, I don't think scum is hiding behind inactiveness.
water.jpg

I meant that i can understand him, but i with everything that is said its something i will take with a huge grain of salt, would love to hear from LP and Hyper some more since they are on the spotlight.

Kalor

I could get behind a Lone_Prodigy lynch as that would mean that we don't have the lingering question of why Launchpad was acting the way they were on D1.

SalvaPot

I can also get behind a l_p lynch due to his inactivity, I just want a little bit more time for him to tells us what he thinks about the game in general and to see if he has any useful remarks to make.

If I'd had a voice I would go for L_P right now. I think Hyper had a point earlier this morning. And as nin said. Launchpad and L_P are the same role after all. Should he flip town he can blame Launch for making him look scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom