• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You killed me at the right time my friend. I was going after cb and then you afterwards. I kind of thank you for it though because I'm at egx and it would've been a nightmare trying to play in among it. You were good though, well done

You and nin were obvious choices for killing. Especially you as one of the most vocal players. Both you and nin died by poison too.

cabot

I liked you corn . I hope we play together again. Splinter as well. This game overall was pretty enjoyable aside from when me vs topo got a little rough

roytheone

I liked you corn . I hope we play together again. Splinter as well. This game overall was pretty enjoyable aside from when me vs topo got a little rough

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

I like it rough.

cabot

Oh Roy you dirty bastard. I won't invade each others fob because we have a mutual respect. Speak later I'm very drunk

El Topo

It's a general problem of trying to read people. It's acceptable on the first or second day to focus on it, because you want to lynch someone, you have little to work with and a random number generator is not satisfying. As soon as people claim, as soon as people with roles die you begin to uncover the mechanics of the game and it allows you to go through different scenarios.

It was a situation where beyond trying to decipher posts or voting behaviour we had actual information to work with. We had deaths, we had role claims and we had to fit these things together somehow. My issue is not that you guys completely read me wrong, that happens to the best of us as reads are highly unreliable, my issue is the emphasis you guys put on those reads and how some of you attempted to justify the lynching beyond "He is suspicious", how some of you decided to utterly twist things so they fit your theory.

I'm not a big fan of trying to read people and their behaviour in these games, at least in general. I think many also underestimate how incredibly useful a separate chat is, simply to discuss matters with someone you can trust. If you really want to get a read on someone without an ability, you have to push that person to the brink, you have to do whatever you can to make them crack and make a mistake.

At the end of the day though, this is just a game. People shouldn't take what we say in these threads too seriously. I'm pissed we lost, but that's about it. I don't think less of anyone after this game. The opposite. Even you, cabot. You made a mistake, shit happens. Most importantly, you brought a ton of fun, which is by far the most important thing for me.

As I said in the Archer game, I'm playing these games to have fun, else I'd just sit around and do meta analysis. This game had a lot of insanity, it had great participants, it had a lot of flavor, it was a ton of fun, it had a great game runner.

Eh, it would be boring if it didn't get rough. It's a game about life and death after all. I didn't mean to offend you and I'm sorry if I did.

I actually think most of the people doing the twisting were me and Splinter though. I don't think Cabot actually bought my Hyper and you setting up a CC claim thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom