• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nin1000

Banned
Anyway, as usual, any feedback you guys have is welcome.

You OWNED that role. You got around quite a bit. ;)

I dont know if this can be said about this game but since it is season 3.5 i just might aswell ask.
I looked over the mafia chat and was astonished by the communication between corn and splinter ( this is the way to go guys ) it just reminded me of our dead thread , or my mafia chat in the cthulu game and would like to know if you know a good solution to an mafia member that does not want or does not see the importance of communicating with each other. Can there be a way to soft force someone ? I know this might just be a one case but well i dont want anyone to witness what i had to endure ;)

Ourobolus

Banned
I dont know if this can be said about this game but since it is season 3.5 i just might aswell ask.
I looked over the mafia chat and was astonished by the communication between corn and splinter ( this is the way to go guys ) it just reminded me of our dead thread , or my mafia chat in the cthulu game and would like to know if you know a good solution to an mafia member that does not want or does not see the importance of communicating with each other. Can there be a way to soft force someone ? I know this might just be a one case but well i dont want anyone to witness what i had to endure ;)
Sadly that's just the way it goes. The KGB thread for Archer was a little sparse except for Haly. Other than a prod here and there, not much a moderator can do. Sometimes RL gets in the way.

But it fit the flavor. And people bought it. SUCCESS.

Nobody bought it

They just sorta forgot it

And then palmer died for no real reason

Which is exactly what I said about it being up for 3 mins and it being meaningless.

Ah well, at least reading through the dead thread it seems I didn't play that bad today. I obviously could have played better like not pushing for getting rid of Palmer, but then again he did frame himself and I did a great job of convincing myself he was scum.

Ah well. Live and learn.

Oh no, corn and splinter were, when they were both online, ready to take advantage of the one minute block between posts

1 minute was enough

We were scared that corn wasn't there at the end, that he had gone back to work

Day 2 ends at post 570

We were more active in the beginning

El Topo

Palmer didn't die for no reason. I think most just wanted to see him die for once and he hadn't been particularly useful or lucky.

*Splinter

Nobody bought it

That was the weirdest day, I didn't even know Palmer was leading until Ouro posted a vote count. It wasn't because of Corn's claim either, we were hammering Corn all day and Palmer led the vote for most of it

Sorian

Banned
But it fit the flavor. And people bought it. SUCCESS.

Nobody bought it

Nah man, no offense to any living town members at the end, but if anyone had sat down and thought about it for even 20 seconds, that role claim was garbage. At BEST, that role name was for a town-oriented neutral but no way was it a full town aligned member.

*Splinter

Nah man, no offense to any living town members at the end, but if anyone had sat down and thought about it for even 20 seconds, that role claim was garbage. At BEST, that role name was for a town-oriented neutral but no way was it a full town aligned member.
It helped massively that Salva claimed Ron instead of Rand

But even then I was surprised we got away with it

SalvaPot

Well, now I feel bad, thanks guys.

I´ll go sulk over that corner.

No wait, its a game, I honestly don´t mind losing, if anything its hilarious how close I was when at first it was my fucking fault sorian died, then I got hyper out of pure fucking luck, and then got blarg lynched out of 3 people, when the other 2 were scum.

What I don´t appreciate is how everyone thinks its so fucking obvious who the scum were, there were 3 town players who had no idea who the scum was, blarg was right by luck, and fire predicted the right team later on too, but again was not certain enough to put a vote behind. I? I just went with math. Let´s not act like everyone in the dead thread would do better than us in our shoes, its silly.

For the record I was gonna die laughing if Splinter had actually gone ahead and claimed Lindsey Graham.

Hyper: (never actualy says this, semi-implied) Hey guys I got robert tilton, so Marco Rubio and Scott Walker are still available

I die

Corn: I KNOW, I'm gonna claim Roger Ailes
Splinter: LOL leave me Lindsey Graham then!!

Hyper in dead thread:

picard_facepalm.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned

No wait, its a game, I honestly don´t mind losing, if anything its hilarious how close I was when at first it was my fucking fault sorian died, then I got hyper out of pure fucking luck, and then got blarg lynched out of 3 people, when the other 2 were scum.

What I don´t appreciate is how everyone thinks its so fucking obvious who the scum were, there were 3 town players who had no idea who the scum was, blarg was right by luck, and fire predicted the right team later on too, but again was not certain enough to put a vote behind. I? I just went with math. Let´s not act like everyone in the dead thread would do better than us in our shoes, its silly.

Don't worry about it, man. Shit happens. I think a lot of the time you were pretty on point. Scum was surprisingly hidden this game, and while I can understand your reasoning for Blarg, it just ended up being wrong. Hell, I tunneled a jailer Day 1 of NX! :p

Sorian

Banned
There was no world where I didn't vote out Corn 8 bajillion times. Splinter would have been harder to suss out for sure.

Don't worry

There was fucking up all around, and every screws up hard.

My teammates gave constant heart attacks all the way through

I went from being 100% electorate win to WE'RE FUCKED to back again and again and again

Fireblend

Banned
Eh, you gotta have a thick skin to play these games and then face the spectators I think. Live and learn. Some of the comments about me in the dead thread aren't very encouraging and some are downright mean-spirited, but who cares, it's a game and I admit I'm not particularly great at it. I'll get better, life goes on.

SalvaPot

Don't worry about it, man. Shit happens. I think a lot of the time you were pretty on point. Scum was surprisingly hidden this game, and while I can understand your reasoning for Blarg, it just ended up being wrong. Hell, I tunneled a jailer Day 1 of NX! :p

Yeah x). I had fun. By the way ouro, brilliant work with that Flavor, it was hilarious to read, I am going to try to make an enjoyable game with the Harry Potter theme.

Sorian

Banned
Being omniscient does help with reasoning. :p

Dat role claim though!

Eh, you gotta have a thick skin to play these games and then face the spectators I think. Live and learn. Some of the comments about me in the dead thread aren't very encouraging and some are downright mean-spirited, but who cares, it's a game and I admit I'm not particularly great at it. I'll get better, life goes on.

If it's any consolation, you became my chosen one once Blarg lost it.

-----------------

Salva, you just get my auto-salt for shooting me night 1. No hard feelings, love you.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah x). I had fun. By the way ouro, brilliant work with that Flavor, it was hilarious to read, I am going to try to make an enjoyable game with the Harry Potter theme.

That reminds me, I gotta get back to looking over that. Been a busy couple of weeks. Got an interview tomorrow, so I'm kinda glad this ended early. :p

SalvaPot

Sure, I don´t really mind as I said, I just wanted to get it off my chest.

You hear that Sorian? You could have goofed as hard as I did =P.

Fireblend

Banned
If it's any consolation, you became my chosen one once Blarg lost it.

I do wish some of the comments in the dead threads could be toned down, but I also understand how difficult it is for some people to get involved in a game without being allowed that level of hostility, so there's probably not much to do about it.

SalvaPot

I do wish some of the comments in the dead threads could be toned down, but I also understand how difficult it is for some people to get involved in a game without being allowed that level of hostility, so there's probably not much to do about it.

I am not even bothering reading the dead thread, hindsight is a harsh mistress.

Sorian

Banned
Sure, I don´t really mind as I said, I just wanted to get it off my chest.

You hear that Sorian? You could have goofed as hard as I did =P.

You shot me! Mountains of hate, just mountains of hate everywhere!

It's like watching your favorite sports team (to me), I don't actually hate the other team or hate my own players when they screw up but sometimes you just have to yell at the tv. Idk, I'm bad at examples.

I am not even bothering reading the dead thread, hindsight is a harsh mistress.

I'm sure I gave corn 10x the shit, along with splinter when he forgot to say loser isntead of blowhard, in that thread than all the town members did towards you

It's mostly me panicking and then being calm and gloating talking to myself

I AM SO SORRY YOU TWO

Lesson learned. Use the provided names, even if you like yours better.

I'll be a better scum next game.

I do think people gave me benefit of the doubt because of the double kill though. Which is why I claimed one shot vig.

I do like how Ouro gave us names and yet all 3 of us fucked up our fake claims this game. Hyper intentionally so since we only got 2 names. Me because I thought I had to claim 1 shot vig and a smear campaign using FOX News jumped out to me as flavor. And Splinter for forgetting to use Loser.

I do like how Ouro gave us names and yet all 3 of us fucked up our fake claims this game. Hyper intentionally so since we only got 2 names. Me because I thought I had to claim 1 shot vig and a smear campaign using FOX News jumped out to me as flavor. And Splinter for forgetting to use Loser.

BSP is one of us too silly

She didn't screw up her claim

Oh wait she said Illegal instead of Undocumented

*Splinter

I panicked!

Pretty happy with how it worked out to be honest. I kind of thought claiming ordinary is so easy it would be seen as suspicious, really smart play by Blarg to make ordinary the better choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom