• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

Ok, why did you not use your power last night during the last night phase where you had a reasonable chance to?

Why did you give a different role name than your actual name?

My questions for you can go on and on :mad:

My role name was just me goofing.

My kill would have make me an easy target for lynching today.

Come on guys, get off my back, I did a lot of work to get the answer, I am still mad at how dumb blarg played, if he had voted me or fire in that first random vote he made we would be screwed.

Ourobolus

Banned
Well, that was interesting. :p

So you may have noticed that the Electorate had an extra kill role. The way I designed this game was a little different, in the the GOP was pretty defensive. The only offensive role was really Salva's. Cabot, on the other hand, could immediately confirm two town or out an electorate publicly. Unfortunately, the doctor and jailer died pretty early, so that defense was out. But, despite the mislynches, you guys did decently enough, but CB/Splinter kept up a decent defense in the final day. Funnily enough, Hyper originally sent the message to Splinter just to see what my flavor text would be - it wasn't any sort of plan :p

Sorry, KK. I should have made you an X-shot cop, I'll admit that much.

Some of what I did was to mess with your expectations. I still do hate RNG, but a lot of the time in these games we get so wrapped up in what would or what wouldn't the moderator put in his game, that we sometimes end up ignoring other possibilities. Some meta talk is totally normal, yes - issues of balance (like Blarg was doing) for instance, are perfectly reasonable arguments.

GOP MVP:
Town had a lot of missteps this game. I'd have to divvy it up between Blargonaut and Palmer_v1. Blarg was oddly rational towards the end, and for the most part he was doing a great job (except for his Splinter defense). Palmer, had he stayed in, probably would have given the Electorate a good run for their money (except for his Splinter defense).

Electorate MVP:
CornBurrito and *Splinter. I can't choose. They both made some really weird-ass decisions during the game, but they worked together to overcome their missteps, and ultimately win.

Special Mention:
bananaspaceprincess. Despite not being able to vote, she had a pretty crucial role for the Electorate: misinformation. And she did a pretty damn good job at it too.

All in all, it was still a pretty close game, so GOP shouldn't feel too bad (except for the fact that you were the GOP)!

Dead Thread
Electorate Thread

Sorian

Banned
Don't go blarg, this was my favorite performance from you yet

Btw Blargonaut is now 0-4

0-4

Blarg played this game flawlessly. His one and only mistake was that he started caps locking everything at the end which made him untrustworthy. Otherwise, he was super on point. Throwing out and random vote when scum is able to hammer wasn't a good call though.

You won as a neutral. Just take the L.

I don't mind losing. I just don't like the circumstances of this loss. Let me bathe in my salt.

Come on guys, get off my back, I did a lot of work to get the answer, I am still mad at how dumb blarg played, if he had voted me or fire in that first random vote he made we would be screwed.

Nah, you knew a double kill could lead to a lylo, and there were a bunch of variables involved.

I just didn't know why you counter claimed

nin1000

Banned
Since this will be my last post as Obama , i just want to thank everybody for this game , since it was a lot of fun to eff around with this "fluff".
Everyone hated it at the beginning and everyone wanted to vote me out for it, then came cabot around and saved me on day 1.
This will be probalby the last time i will have the priviledge to be day 1 confirmed town and fluff around like i want to, everyone was ANGRY and I was
polls_obama_laughing_4800_790054_poll_xlarge.jpeg

GG Electorate

Blarg played this game flawlessly. His one and only mistake was that he started caps locking everything at the end which made him untrustworthy. Otherwise, he was super on point. Throwing out and random vote when scum is able to hammer wasn't a good call though.

I don't mind losing. I just don't like the circumstances of this loss. Let me bathe in my salt.

I know

I'll let you bathe in your salt. It's fun to get payback after this

"sorta"

Take your L.

Poor poor blarg

BTW CORN I AM SO SORRY FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT YOU IN THE DEAD THREAD

I AM SO SO SORRY

Well, that was interesting. :p

So you may have noticed that the Electorate had an extra kill role. The way I designed this game was a little different, in the the GOP was pretty defensive. The only offensive role was really Salva's. Cabot, on the other hand, could immediately confirm two town or out an electorate publicly. Unfortunately, the doctor and jailer died pretty early, so that defense was out. But, despite the mislynches, you guys did decently enough, but CB/Splinter kept up a decent defense in the final day. Funnily enough, Hyper originally sent the message to Splinter just to see what my flavor text would be - it wasn't any sort of plan :p

Sorry, KK. I should have made you an X-shot cop, I'll admit that much.

Some of what I did was to mess with your expectations. I still do hate RNG, but a lot of the time in these games we get so wrapped up in what would or what wouldn't the moderator put in his game, that we sometimes end up ignoring other possibilities. Some meta talk is totally normal, yes - issues of balance (like Blarg was doing) for instance, are perfectly reasonable arguments.

GOP MVP:
Town had a lot of missteps this game. I'd have to divvy it up between Blargonaut and Palmer_v1. Blarg was oddly rational towards the end, and for the most part he was doing a great job (except for his Splinter defense). Palmer, had he stayed in, probably would have given the Electorate a good run for their money (except for his Splinter defense).

Electorate MVP:
CornBurrito and *Splinter. I can't choose. They both made some really weird-ass decisions during the game, but they worked together to overcome their missteps, and ultimately win.

Special Mention:
bananaspaceprincess. Despite not being able to vote, she had a pretty crucial role for the Electorate: misinformation. And she did a pretty damn good job at it too.

All in all, it was still a pretty close game, so GOP shouldn't feel too bad (except for the fact that you were the GOP)!

Dead Thread
Electorate Thread

What weird ass decisions did I make? Just curious in constructive criticism.

*Splinter

I was so glad when Blarg started throwing votes. Even though he never misfired it helped our chances, I think

Sorian

Banned

Told you Topo.

TOLD YOU.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok, ok, I'm good.

Blarg, you can have all this caps lock key back. I'm good.

GG electorates!!! And cookies for everyone else! Except for ouro. That guy ruined my sterling rep in gafia for lyfe with his sex addict slander >:C

Ourobolus

Banned
So, here's what happened with Launchpad:

CornBurrito was a dumbass and posted a comment in the S3 Dead Thread about getting a vote train going on kingkitty. He quickly realized his mistake, but Launch was subscribed to the thread and got an email with CB's post.

I talked it over with Launch - I don't like the idea of someone using outside information, intentional or not. Originally I was going to strike a deal that if he outed CB's mistake, he would be modkilled, and if the Electorate killed Launch, CB would get modkilled. It was a bit confusing and complex, so we eventually just agreed to replace Launch.

So.
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
IF YOU ARE MAFIA DON'T FUCKING POST IN THE WRONG THREAD

ROGER FUCKING AILES

Yeah. That's it.

Sorian

Banned
Oh right.

Corn, do you know what your scum tell was? Do you know what would have made me vote for you instantly and know you were scum?

Sure. There's no fucking chance you're town. I won't let my resolve waver.

This post. THIS POST RIGHT HERE.

TOWN CORN IS NEVER THIS SURE ABOUT ANYTHING.

nin1000

Banned
Anyway, as usual, any feedback you guys have is welcome.

Just stay the way you are mate , you are flawless :)

EDIT: i dont know if this can be said about this game but since it is season 3.5 i just might aswell ask.
I looked over the mafia chat and was astonished by the communication between corn and splinter ( this is the way to go guys ) it just reminded me of our dead thread , or my mafia chat in the cthulu game and would like to know if you know a good solution to an mafia member that does not want or does not see the importance of communicating with each other. Can there be a way to soft force someone ? I know this might just be a one case but well i dont want anyone to witness what i had to endure ;)

SalvaPot

Told you Topo.

TOLD YOU.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok, ok, I'm good.

Blarg, you can have all this caps lock key back. I'm good.

You are right about me being a vigilante and corn with his claim, but the fact mine was random made me consider both roles to exist was likely, but I also found splinter claim weird, but it made sense because mine was not true. My reasoning was that it was more likely for Blarg to be a teammate of either of them, than blarg to be town. I went with Occam´s Razor and failed.

Fireblend

Banned
Reading the dead thread.

Sorian said:
Fire, please tell me that's an elaborate question meant to trap and confuse. Please tell me you are better than this.
It was. I was not voting for Blarg.

Goddamnit. Blarg, why the fuck did you start typing in all caps. You were making sense. I was trusting you and you suddenly started breaking down wtf. Still, I'm glad I wasn't the one that hammered.

Bad fake role claims? Highly suspicious behaviour multiple times? Moves that should have utterly backfired, like volunteering to get lynched? Seriously, how did they forget that?

Roger Ailes wasn't that shit of a claim. He's CEO of fucking Fox News.

Volunteering to get lynched was facetious. Nobody should ever volunteer for that. I wasn't being serious about the offer anyway.

Burbeting

Banned
DBpBjfD.jpg

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hey, at least I won't be the Turbo turbo next time ;).

In a more serious note, I think the game worked pretty well Ouro. I do think that Salva's role was bit too much RNG, I wouldn't suggest to use it in the future.

Sorian

Banned
You are right about me being a vigilante and corn with his claim, but the fact mine was random made me consider both roles to exist was likely, but I also found splinter claim weird, but it made sense because mine was not true. My reasoning was that it was more likely for Blarg to be a teammate of either of them, than blarg to be town. I went with Occam´s Razor and failed.

Everything was just so bad. Ugh, not even just you, just ugh.......

Why was I on your list night 1 btw?

Ourobolus

Banned
Hey, at least I won't be the Turbo turbo next time ;).

In a more serious note, I think the game worked pretty well Ouro. I do think that Salva's role was bit too much RNG, I wouldn't suggest to use it in the future.

Yeah, I agree. It was a bit of an experiment - in hindsight I didn't like it. But then again I didn't really want town to be all that offensive anyway.

SalvaPot

Reading the dead thread.

It was. I was not voting for Blarg.

Goddamnit. Blarg, why the fuck did you start typing in all caps. You were making sense. I was trusting you and you suddenly started breaking down wtf. Still, I'm glad I wasn't the one that hammered.

Yeah, I was giving blarg the benefit of the doubt until he went all crazy on us, I fucking hate that. The main reason why I voted early was because I didn´t want to read another allcaps rant that said the same thing.

Also, I told him that if he was not mafia then Corn/Splinter was, and he avoided that, that made me extremely suspicious.

*Splinter

CornBurrito was a dumbass and posted a comment in the S3 Dead Thread about getting a vote train going on kingkitty. He quickly realized his mistake, but Launch was subscribed to the thread and got an email with CB's post.

I talked it over with Launch - I don't like the idea of someone using outside information, intentional or not. Originally I was going to strike a deal that if he outed CB's mistake, he would be modkilled, and if the Electorate killed Launch, CB would get modkilled. It was a bit confusing and complex, so we eventually just agreed to replace Launch.

So.
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Yeah. That's it.
Also: this is a lot easier to resolve if you go to the game mod instead of posting about it in the thread (I think that would mean the person who fucked up gets replaced instead of the person who saw it, though it's dependant on... stuff)

FUN FACT: Corn actually did this again on the final day
Oh right.

Corn, do you know what your scum tell was? Do you know what would have made me vote for you instantly and know you were scum?

This post. THIS POST RIGHT HERE.

TOWN CORN IS NEVER THIS SURE ABOUT ANYTHING.
Actually that not fair to Corn. He's usually super confident.

He just changes his mind 30 minutes later

<3

Sorian

Banned

Volunteering to get lynched was facetious. Nobody should ever volunteer for that. I wasn't being serious about the offer anyway.

Most garbage claim ever. Everyone GOP-aligned was a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE. They should have lynched you right then for making an obvious fake claim.

El Topo

Not a GOP candidate. Very suspicious. I thought letting you live to get rid of BSP, but on D4 suddenly everyone decided to go full cabot.

Of course you were not serious. They should have lynched you nonetheless. Instead they completely forgot about it.

Fireblend

Banned
Blarg would have lost you guys the game when he self voted earlier today. But I took my work break an hour later than usual.

Which is exactly what I said about it being up for 3 mins and it being meaningless.

Ah well, at least reading through the dead thread it seems I didn't play that bad today. I obviously could have played better like not pushing for getting rid of Palmer, but then again he did frame himself and I did a great job of convincing myself he was scum.

Ah well. Live and learn.

So.
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Yeah. That's it.
Ohhhh so!!!!! It was cornie!!!!!!

*baps cornie's head with an overstuffed oversized lewd bear plushie*

I promised I would bap the guilty one in the dead thread ... So there!
Anyway, as usual, any feedback you guys have is welcome.

You OWNED that role. You got around quite a bit. ;)

My hate for u is real and it is forever >:C

And ever

SalvaPot

Everything was just so bad. Ugh, not even just you, just ugh.......

Why was I on your list night 1 btw?

My list:
OOPS: Sorian, Hyperactivity, cabot

Cabot was the safe option if I missed since he used his role, hyper was who I really wanted to kill, I was suspicious of you.

After you flipped I lost all confidence in the role, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom