• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nin1000

Banned
I can also get behind a l_p lynch due to his inactivity, I just want a little bit more time for him to tells us what he thinks about the game in general and to see if he has any useful remarks to make.

0519-1010-0717-2542_president_barack_pointing_as_he_talks_to_someone_o.jpg
Lone_Prodigy

Hrrm... I want to say that so far everyone I've ever thought was scum due to low post count actually happened to be town. Do we really have no better options than culling the herd?

How much time is left in the day anyway?

As I said to hyper, I can understand it too, but it just feels weird to me to expect a new player to give you information about something the player he replaced it did, it seems pointless to me.

So my point is that Hyper should be aware of how pointless it is, yet he still decided to go after l_p, that tells me he either is that desperate to find scum following his previous hunch, or knows something we don´t.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I'm guessing that launch pad was scum based on his behavior. L_P replaced launch pad and has the same role as him. I apply pressure on L_P, and regardless if he can explain his predecessors actions, placing votes on someone and pursuing them can get them to squirm and squeal. if prodigy is scum, I can get him to talk, and I can then make a read on lone_prodigy himself. If he is scum there may very we'll be something telling in his behavior that town can figure out. I can also get him to say things that, barring a lynch of him today, can be used to figure out his status in the future. And if he's town, then this sort of pressure and how he responds under it can help us verify this in the future

Honestly, I'm starting to have a problem with how you seem to think that we should all forget the way launch was acting yesterday. Because launch was acting scummy yesterday. I dislike when someone keeps defending a player while someone else is trying to get then to talk, without ever trying to make that player himself talk. If lone_prodigy is at this point scum, then you've done an excellent job of giving him an excuse not to talk.

Where should I vote? The player who I don't think is most likely to be scum?

It's a dick move to go immediately after the new player, but you can't honestly want me to forget launch's behavior and immediaey assume he's town

Although that's what it's felt like you want me to do

So I went back and looked through some of Launchpad's posts. Some are a bit meta, some are fluffy, some are aggressive, and he gets into it with a couple people, but no one votes for him. To be fair the kingkitty bandwagon was happening at this point so the attention was elsewhere.

But I thought this was pretty interesting and kind of explains his behaviour:

I can guarantee you my role in this game will have me acting completely differently than I did in NX or AC before. It's not a great indication to just say a person should be acting a certain way, therefore the reason must be mafia. I'm not mafia, so it's not necessarily true that Carrot is either.

NOTE: I have no idea if Carrot is really a Miller or not in the other game; I don't know what his circumstances are and I'm not going to speculate about that before the game ends.

El Topo

I can't believe you guys are honestly willing to let BSP get away. I honestly can't believe that. Do you really think we have two neutral players? An illegal immigrant and a serial killer? Do you really believe her very convenient win conditions? Cabot even pointed out how it doesn't really make sense flavorwise.

SalvaPot

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I'm guessing that launch pad was scum based on his behavior. L_P replaced launch pad and has the same role as him. I apply pressure on L_P, and regardless if he can explain his predecessors actions, placing votes on someone and pursuing them can get them to squirm and squeal. if prodigy is scum, I can get him to talk, and I can then make a read on lone_prodigy himself. If he is scum there may very we'll be something telling in his behavior that town can figure out. I can also get him to say things that, barring a lynch of him today, can be used to figure out his status in the future. And if he's town, then this sort of pressure and how he responds under it can help us verify this in the future

Honestly, I'm starting to have a problem with how you seem to think that we should all forget the way launch was acting yesterday. Because launch was acting scummy yesterday. I dislike when someone keeps defending a player while someone else is trying to get then to talk, without ever trying to make that player himself talk. If lone_prodigy is at this point scum, then you've done an excellent job of giving him an excuse not to talk.

My problem is not because you went after l_p, is how you did it. It seems to me that you are set in the idea that he is scum, when several games have proved quite a few times that this is a very dangerous stance to take. Following hunches is a dumb dumb dumb way to get people evicted.

If anything, right now I am far more worried about the fact that l_p has yet to say anything. He said anything about your attacks other than a few non-committing comments, and he has said anything about me coming in an defending him from you, when I really don´t have any reason to do so other than my slight suspicion that this is a strange decision by you, hyper.

I think you attacking launch and then l_p with so much obsession is dangerous, pretty much ignoring any other leads that did present itselfs, like bsp claim or cabbot´s role effect and even me, myself, still here defending l_p, again, for no reason other than been a contrarian.

But right now, again, I find l_p silence far more powerful. I have no reason no to vote for him, I just hope he is still around to say something, because I feel like a fool standing up to you when he is hidden who knows were.

SalvaPot

I can't believe you guys are honestly willing to let BSP get away. I honestly can't believe that. Do you really think we have two neutral players? An illegal immigrant and a serial killer? Do you really believe her very convenient win conditions? Cabot even pointed out how it doesn't really make sense flavorwise.

lol, I guess you missed the NX game when I was against Blarg, people will believe anything.

Well, seems like we're stuck until Kalor or nin are able to give us their reads. Anyone else mind telling us who they are suspicious of?

Being honest? If nin1000 wasn't cleared by Cabot's ability, I'd almost be swearing he was scum. Then again, I've had my hunches like that be seriously wrong before. I generally agree with others that Kalor, Hyper, and Launch are a bit suspicious.

Palmer is starting to concern me a bit since he's pushing hard for BSP it seems, but to be fair BSP actually is just as valid a target for lynching and I'd actually just as easily be pushing for her lynch. If I'm right, BSP is a serial killer. Though if I'm right about something else, we'll find that out without having to lynch her today which is the only thing holding me back from voting for her. The question is if we're willing to take that risk about the something else. Which I don't want to expand on.

No reads on Never Forever, Splinter, Fireblend, Salva. Actually that's not true. My gut wants to think Salva is town because of how his behavior is here and how it was in another game I played with him. But I've never seen him play scum firsthand so that's bad reasoning.

Bananaspace is neutral, I believe that fully. I really struggle to believe the claim that she'd become GOP aligned though. This game thus far seems to have fairly well thought out flavor. I don't expect such dissonance.

Cabot and nin1000 are all but hope confirmed.

I could get behind a Lone_Prodigy lynch as that would mean that we don't have the lingering question of why Launchpad was acting the way they were on D1.

Where did this come from? We're talking about inactives and then suddenly it's like "lynch L_P because Launch was acting scummy"?

And regarding the BSP situation, are we just going to let the potential SK go? If we're not hitting a good scum target then we definitely need to look at a neutral who probably killed a town member last night.

SalvaPot

Sorry, since i am still in the phase of choosing my successor i am doing all by myself atm

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

So I went back and looked through some of Launchpad's posts. Some are a bit meta, some are fluffy, some are aggressive, and he gets into it with a couple people, but no one votes for him. To be fair the kingkitty bandwagon was happening at this point so the attention was elsewhere.

But I thought this was pretty interesting and kind of explains his behaviour:

So you are claiming your role is the reason he acted that way...

Allright, lets forget about launch, what can you say for yourself? Why we shouldn´t lynch you?

Also, before I forget:

Honestly I don't believe her at all lol.

I mean I believe she is neutral and voteless. I think she is the serial killer. And if her alignment can change at some point in the game, I can only imagine (flavor-wise) her becoming a member of the Electorate. Granted Ouro might be doing this to fuck with us, like how nobody believed KK would have RNG based role in an Ouro game.

The main thing is that I think BSP will be sorted out either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I really don't want to state why I believe this. I feel like nin already reached the same conclusion though. I'm sure if you really thought about it you might reach the same conclusion.

Fireblend

Banned
I've already said what I think about BSP. I believe her neutral claim and that she's voteless, but I don't know if I should believe she can actually become a GOP member... wouldn't it make more sense for her to become part of the electorate?

So you are claiming your role is the reason he acted that way...

Allright, lets forget about launch, what can you say for yourself? Why we shouldn´t lynch you?

Also, before I forget:

Just pointing out the obvious here, but with this I think Lone_Prod has 4 votes. 7 are needed for majority. I recommend nobody else place a vote on L_P until after he's defended himself. Otherwise we risk the day ending with ~20+ hours left. Which is a waste of discussion time.

Kalor

Where did this come from? We're talking about inactives and then suddenly it's like "lynch L_P because Launch was acting scummy"?

The talk of inactives made me think about other potential canidates and I thought of you. I had forgotten about the Launchpad post that you quoted earlier which has lessened my willingness to lynch you today.

cabot

Now my thoughts on Cabot being silenced for the day. Yesterday he was one of the most active players of the game and he was also almost confirmed townie. The silencing coming from a town PR therefore does not make sense imo. So I strongly believe he was silenced by mafia in attempt to put out a very strong town player. Thanks to Meme generator that is not as effective as it was supposed to I guess :)

I've actually put a bit more thought into the silence ability. This might be just looking for patterns, but I want to think that KK wasn't the only random ability in the game. What if someone had a role like "target player. 50% chance to silence, 50% chance for some awesome effect"?

I forget Cabot and sorry if you answered this before, but does the silence rob you of the ability to vote?

If you're going to pressure me based on Launch, that's fine, like I said I don't blame you. But what do you expect me to say besides "that's what Launch did, I can't explain the way he acted"? Is it hiding? Sure, but this is essentially Day 1 for me when you're all on Day 2 already. I'm a day behind on reads and interaction. But asides from tracking voting behaviour (which did reveal a voteless neutral) and who our dearly departed focused on, we seem to be no further to finding scum.

Anyway I see that Salva is already distancing himself from me, but someone had to call you out on the tunneling.

Wild speculation: Someone was trying to gift you a double vote. But they got the 50% silence. Don't take this speculation that seriously by the way. I like thinking of game roles.

But in this case I'm noticing a very definite theme here with the abilities. Your ability revealed alignment of person with most votes. BSP has no vote. And now there's also a silencer (I agree that it seems a scum ability, meaning it isn't BSP's) that limits you to one unchanging vote. I think override might actually exist. It was a scum ability in DR, but apparently a town ability when Barrylocke had it? Or was it scum ability in both games?

nin1000

Banned
Or do you want to get heard? I guess that would make a perfect mafia plan. Screaming that BSP is the killer, get killed by mafia and blame BSP for it.

SalvaPot

If you're going to pressure me based on Launch, that's fine, like I said I don't blame you. But what do you expect me to say besides "that's what Launch did, I can't explain the way he acted"? Is it hiding? Sure, but this is essentially Day 1 for me when you're all on Day 2 already. I'm a day behind on reads and interaction. But asides from tracking voting behaviour (which did reveal a voteless neutral) and who our dearly departed focused on, we seem to be no further to finding scum.

Anyway I see that Salva is already distancing himself from me, but someone had to call you out on the tunneling.

Yep, my interest was to call out hyper on keeping his eye on you so viciously, it seemed like me returning the favor to launch when he defended me last night, but I had to say something since everyone was not saying anything about Hyper´s theory.

My problem is not because you went after l_p, is how you did it. It seems to me that you are set in the idea that he is scum, when several games have proved quite a few times that this is a very dangerous stance to take. Following hunches is a dumb dumb dumb way to get people evicted.

If anything, right now I am far more worried about the fact that l_p has yet to say anything. He said anything about your attacks other than a few non-committing comments, and he has said anything about me coming in an defending him from you, when I really don´t have any reason to do so other than my slight suspicion that this is a strange decision by you, hyper.

I think you attacking launch and then l_p with so much obsession is dangerous, pretty much ignoring any other leads that did present itselfs, like bsp claim or cabbot´s role effect and even me, myself, still here defending l_p, again, for no reason other than been a contrarian.

But right now, again, I find l_p silence far more powerful. I have no reason no to vote for him, I just hope he is still around to say something, because I feel like a fool standing up to you when he is hidden who knows were.

Asides from my first post voting for Lone_Prodigy, most of my posts regarding him and my vote have been in response to you salva. Now, especially given that we seem to have spotlight right now, that may make it tough for you to notice my other posts, but I haven't just ignored the other people that have come up

And if he couldn't

Cabot, just say first if you can specify more, and then if you know any more

I doubt ouro made anyone voteless. It's like the 2nd worst thing after jesters in mafia. Either someone had a role they could use during the day or cabot's role left him voteless that day

His word I guess. I trust cabot for now, but you'd be right to say that we'll only ever know if cabot dies

Idk, two neutrals is IMO on the high side for the number of neutrals for a smaller game. If bsp is indeed voteless, than there's probably some other thing she's hiding from us

Btw bsp, will you say whether you're neutral or not?

I'm not tunneling, and have made it clear that I will vote for someone else if I find someone more fishy and that I'd mostly leave L_P alone so that he can get accustomed to the game for a bit.

If you're a day behind on interactions, then give the rest of us something to work with when it comes to you. Defend yourself. Give us your opinions on the topics being brought up.

My belief is that people who are active and participate in the game will give some sort of indication to their alignment. So even if I myself may miss something, other members of this town can notice what's going on. Hiding behind someone else and letting them do the talking makes sure you stay behind on interactions and continue to look scummy for the future

SalvaPot

Asides from my first post voting for Lone_Prodigy, most of my posts regarding him and my vote have been in response to you salva. Now, especially given that we seem to have spotlight right now, that may make it tough for you to notice my other posts, but I haven't just ignored the other people that have come up

I'm not tunneling, and have made it clear that I will vote for someone else if I find someone more fishy and that I'd mostly leave L_P alone so that he can get accustomed to the game for a bit.

Well, you could help me out in questioning him now, I am interested in what he has to say about his role, since his last post was pretty much "thrust me guys, everything will be revealed in time" that is not that comforting.

Fucking lol! Thanks you put my thoughts down perfectly.

*Internet high-five*

Man that felt good.

Anyway I'm sure you know the hypothesis isn't without its flaws. Though having sat on it more, I think even in the potential other scenarios I thought of we're safe keeping BSP alive today.

not really

use words please

Sorry, I don't entirely follow

Something about building blocks I'm sure, but I might need text for this one

Alright, I think it might actually be safe to explain regardless.

Role BLOCKer is one of the more common roles in mafia. I'm working under the assumption one exists in this game.

If BSP is the killer, all the role blocker needs to do if target her tonight. If there is 0-1 kills, that would strongly suggest she is the serial killer.

The issue, and why I didn't want to bring this up earlier, is if scum or the real SK realize this would happen. Then they simply withhold a kill to frame her. However I kind of just realized that that doesn't really matter. BSP is (in my mind) neutral right now. And can't vote. Losing her due to her being framed tomorrow doesn't hurt town. In fact, that means scum/SK traded a kill in order to get a neutral player lynched, and a player who was prime lynch material already. Seems like a shit trade.

Actually I lie, there's another issue and that's if BSP can only kill ever other night. But that has an easy solution.

Kalor

Role BLOCKer is one of the more common roles in mafia. I'm working under the assumption one exists in this game.

If BSP is the killer, all the role blocker needs to do if target her tonight. If there is 0-1 kills, that would strongly suggest she is the serial killer.

The issue, and why I didn't want to bring this up earlier, is if scum or the real SK realize this would happen. Then they simply withhold a kill to frame her. However I kind of just realized that that doesn't really matter. BSP is (in my mind) neutral right now. And can't vote. Losing her due to her being framed tomorrow doesn't hurt town. In fact, that means scum/SK traded a kill in order to get a neutral player lynched, and a player who was prime lynch material already. Seems like a shit trade.

Actually I lie, there's another issue and that's if BSP can only kill ever other night. But that has an easy solution.

If they are a serial killer, some games have it where roleblocking a sk can result in the roleblocker being killed. I doubt that is in effect but then Kingkittys role seemed crazy so all bets are off.

Fireblend

Banned
Interesting. It relies on more assumptions than I'd like, but I guess it's worth a shot... if the blocker doesn't cooperate however, we're pretty much screwed. Still, I guess I'm willing to go along with it. We're bleeding out if whoever performed the second kill gets NK again today though, that's worrying. Maybe since we're approaching the end of this season Ouro designed a game that would finish quickly.

Damn, we totally should have lynched Launch yesterday =/

Who hasn't posted their reads today? Maybe we should just all post reads lists now so that whatever happens tomorrow we'll have something to go on for sure.

Huh, I guess that makes sense. And works too. I don't think an every other night serial kill is a thing though

Given the size of the game, I do agree with 1 neutral role for this game, so I already think BSP is the sk. I'm worried about the SK being an x-shot though, in which case they don't necessarily waste a kill.

Then again, it is still beneficial for the roleblocker to take the person that will most likely result in less kills tonight anyways, so just by a probability chance it should be fine

You never said yes or no to my question btw bsp.

Are you a neutral role?

Fireblend

Banned
Also, BSP hasn't actually voted, right? I'd like her to just to see the number above a player's vote and the list below it mismatching when Ouro posts his update. Just to make sure the most basic fact in her story isn't a lie and we're not making a huge mistake.

Well, you could help me out in questioning him now, I am interested in what he has to say about his role, since his last post was pretty much "thrust me guys, everything will be revealed in time" that is not that comforting.

I'm keep an eye on his each and every post already, so it should be easy for me to help you question prodigy

If they are a serial killer, some games have it where roleblocking a sk can result in the roleblocker being killed. I doubt that is in effect but then Kingkittys role seemed crazy so all bets are off.

What. the. fuck...

Ok well that changes the risk a bit.

Interesting. It relies on more assumptions than I'd like, but I guess it's worth a shot... if the blocker doesn't cooperate however, we're pretty much screwed. Still, I guess I'm willing to go along with it. We're bleeding out if whoever performed the second kill gets NK again today though, that's worrying. Maybe since we're approaching the end of this season Ouro designed a game that would finish quickly.

I assumed the blocker would figure it out. BSP was a prime target. She's who I would have blocked if I were a role blocker.

Though that's actually one of the benefits of voicing my thoughts out loud I guess. Now the roleblocker (if one exists) can see the idea if they didn't think of it themselves.

mm

yeah, the role is common, but it's best not to assume that one exists and is waiting in the wings to save us. They're not going to roleclaim D3, anyway, even if they were successful, so there would be plenty of reasonable doubt remaining for this debate to continue far into the future

I don't see the point in saving someone for later if most people seem to think we're going to have to lynch them eventually, why not just get it out of the way now so we can move on to fresh new debates tomorrow?

Although I'm getting major Cthulhu deja vu from L_P, I think I'll cut him a break for D2 and revisit on D3. And while Kalor isn't really doing much for me rn, I think I'll be able to form a stronger opinion on D3 as to whether he's scummy or not. But Contestant #3 is far and away the most interesting, with the most solid basis for a lynch in the here-and-now, and I think we'll get the most information from her flip one way or another.

VOTE: Bananaspaceprincess

But we would know then right. As long as the roleblocker sticks to the plan. An sk for a role blocker may very well be worth it

I don't know about trades though. As far as I understand, 1 PR vs 1 non-obvious scum favors town, right? OF course this all depends on the situation, but it's always seemed like a good deal to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom