• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] New July PSN sales - Alienation, SOMA, Shadow of the Beast and More (160+ items)

Kuraudo

Banned
No way I'm passing up SOMA at that price. Perfect timing too - just finished up the Witcher 3 DLC last night and was looking for something new.

SOMA is a no brainier at that ridiculously low price. Buy it and have your minds blown Gaf!

Now I'm interested in alienation. Can it be played single player and does it have matchmaking?

WITHE1982

If anyone in the EU has yet to play SOMA then please, for the love of God, grab it now. €5 (£4.09) is an absolute steal for one of the best games of 2015. One that will stick with you for months after you finish it.

I'm looking at:
  • Beyond Eyes - Didn't review too well but cant pass it up for £2.79
  • The Escapisis (walking dead) - TBH I know very little about it but it's a walking dead themed game so can't be too bad. (if you forget about survival instinct)
  • Catherine - Never played it before but heard a lot of good/weird things about it.
  • The Banner Saga - Been looking at this for a while. Art style looks great.
  • Shadow Of The Beast - No a big fan of side scrolling beat em ups but for £6 I may give it a whirl.

SomTervo

Soma for £4 is absolutely insane. I can't believe that's right.

Masterful game. Hopefully this doesn't mean sales are really poor.

OléGunner;209834193 said:
Now I'm interested in alienation. Can it be played single player and does it have matchmaking?

Yes and Yes

All players are displayed with their location and the difficulty they are currently playing on.

Okay, at the end of this month I'll subscribe for a month of PS+, play Furi, get SOMA for 4 quid and cash in on next month's PS+ titles for a bit as well. That there is the plan.

Might get Firewatch as well, although I want it to be cheaper than that. The Witness is still far too expensive for my liking.

Shredderi

Checked how much SOMA has sold in steamspy and it's still under 200k. Not a lot of change since last year :( I guess for their games to really sell they'd have to make them balls to the wall scary like Amnesia so they would get picked up by a lot of youtubers for their streams.

Piccoro

Everyone should buy Shadow of the Beast.
Bought it on launch and loved every second of it. Great graphics, gameplay, sound and lots of unlockable extras.

GeoramA

Gravity Rush is the best remaster I've ever played, outside of GTA V/Naughty Dog games of course. Can't recommend it enough, especially with GR2 right around the corner.

Skii

Soma is only at 30 fps for those who don't know. Think I'll give it a miss and get it on PC instead. Soma doesn't even look that technically demanding!

Bishop89

Blog post

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-today-mad-max-rocket-league-alienation-more/

Sale is called Totally Digital and will run 6 weeks. I guess they'll add new ones at some point. Probably halfway

The other sale on PS3/Vita titles runs the normal 2 weeks, so I think the normal bi-weekly sale schedule will continue as well

Thanks. Updated OP.

ANd yeh, the ps3/vita sale will get replaced with something else whilst digital will go for 6 weeks as mentioned.

danowat

Banned
Picked up Dangerous Golf, was keen at full price, but a discount makes it worth a pop (hopefully)

Keen on the witness, but I am not sure if, for me, it's price is sweet enough yet, it's not like I don't already have loads to play.........

angelic

Banned
Soma is only at 30 fps for those who don't know. Think I'll give it a miss and get it on PC instead. Soma doesn't even look that technically demanding!

talk about missing the point. you can't noscope in it either, forget it everybody dont bother with soma.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That's kinda an impossible question. It reminds me of this advert.

Firewatch is great but so is Gravity Rush for very different reason. It really depends on what mood you are in. Narrative Driven or Action Adventure.

I fucking love you. I hoped but didn't expect it to be that advert.

On topic - sales like these always overwhelm me so I like Gaf threads to sort the wheat from the chaff, so I can see what games I already bought at full price and still haven't played, are now £1.99

Wish catherine was on PS4.

q4roel

Picking up for my vita for sure

Guacamelee
Worms revolution

Athough I already have a backlog that would last for a year, thinking of picking up
Olli Olli 2 - never played the first game, does not look fun but I Think it is fun to play. Thoughts please?

Also thinking of picking up Titan souls for vita, but might wait for an even bigger price drop hm. But the game seems to be very interesting

Olli Olli 2 is really great if you're into fast paced twitch based gameplay that challenges you to think and act fast and precise. It has a steep learning curve, but is one of the most rewarding (in short burst-like sessions) games I have played on my vita.

Managed to plat it after a few weeks I think. For €4,19 you can't really go wrong.

TItan Souls had me really interested as well, but I got frustrated with the mechanics at a later point in the game,
especially the yeti boss
. Might be giving this a retry on PS4 due to the difference in screen estate, which may make a difference regarding the pixellated look.

But again, the price is quite right for this one too. Although out of the two I definitely recommend OlliOlli2.

Catvoca

Banned
Bought Soma, it's a really good deal. It'll probably be on PS Plus next month or something, the price is just too low to be normal EU PSN lol.

Caleranatior

Neo Member
Welp, SOMA was impossible to resist for that price even though I don't know when I'll play it! Also for anyone else who's planning to get Grow Up on release next month anyway, the pre-order is 20% off (Plus only) which is nice.

nah, its probably abzu.
Ooh, that would be great! Have there been any hints towards that, besides the release date?

Athough I already have a backlog that would last for a year, thinking of picking up Olli Olli 2 - never played the first game, does not look fun but I Think it is fun to play. Thoughts please?

Also thinking of picking up Titan souls for vita, but might wait for an even bigger price drop hm. But the game seems to be very interesting
As q4roel said, OlliOlli 2 is great. It can be hard, but I found it easier to get into than the original OlliOlli. If you're tempted at all, do get it!

And regarding Titan Souls - it's fun, but loading times when restarting the fight were longer on Vita than on PS4. Other than that, the game was totally fine and playable.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Lol I bought SOMA at the recent Steam sale for €14, already thought that was an okay discount. Feels bad man

Anyway, even though its discount isn't too impressive, please consider getting game of the year The Witness plz thx

New mantra of Steam sales should be "wait for the PSN deals"

Steam sales have become terrible
Haha, nice one! (Although, they are getting more successful each year, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

By the way, has anyone bought Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy - and does it have platinum trophy? I've read conflicting reports - apparently US version doesn't have it, while UK does, as well as the disc version.

WITHE1982

I'm kinda stuck on what to buy first.

I have enough in my PSN account for two of the following four games. I will probably grab the rest this weekend though:

• The Banner Saga
• Shadow Of The Beast
• Enter the Gungeon
• Alienation

Any recommendations GAF? I've read reviews and watched game-play of all of them and they each seem to have their own merits. I'm really struggling to pick one I like more than another.

It would be easy if I just liked one particular genre but TBH I'm really open to everything.

Snowballo

I'd like to know:

1. How good is Alienation in coop? Is it better than Helldivers?
2. Not a hero. How good is this game?
3. Enter the Gungeon: is it possible to play coop online? Is it as good as they say?

Thanks.

leng jai

How scary is SOMA? Still struggling with Alien Isolation because it's too scary...

Soma is $7AUD....Firewatch Theme is $5.25....

Top Bottom