• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu editor: Big PS4 title at TGS

I guess this is a third party.

I would translate as: Hamamura Hirokazu: "I heard from a large producer that at TGS they have a big announcement to make relating to a PS4 title"

I don't think there is any context to assume he's saying this title will drive ps4 sales or anything

It's not in the title but in the actual Hamamura quote (found in the esuteru article):

浜村氏は「大手メーカーに聞くと、ゲームショウあたりから大きな発表があるとも聞く。これから伸びてくるはず」と話した

Yes, but since Atlus is a part of Sega, I think an announcement by Sega that they're porting P5 to the PS4 would be by a major game maker.

Persona 5 on PS4 would be nice, but the problem is it is not exclusive to PS4. Since it can be purchased and experienced on PS3, I doubt it will move many PS4's.

Huddy

I would say SEGA could be part of it but I don't see a Persona 5 port to the PS4 driving sales when its on PS3 as well.

P5 could have aport to PS4 but I don;t see it being referred to by the editor's statement.

Never underestimate the power of 1080p waifu.

KoopaTheCasual

It's not in the title but in the actual Hamamura quote (found in the esuteru article):

I guess this is a third party.
Oh, so regardless of what it is, it will probably be a title of Japanese significance, if he suggests that the game will drive PS4 sales, right? That's nice to know. Expectations went from "its probably an old port" to genuine interest.

The part you bolded says that it should increase console sales, not that it's by a third party manufacturer.
I didn't say it was, I was answering someone who asked where the increased sales bit came from.

I added, as an unrelated aside, that this sounds like it's a third party game. Sorry for the misleading post parsing. I'll edit that

As per esuteru:

"I heard the leading manufacturer and there (of PS4 title) is a big announcement from TGS" (Google Translate)

Hirokazu Yamamura is former editor-in-chief at Famitsu.

Good catch kenji_sama!

dragon quest X port
Would be hilarious if it's SquareEnix releasing another trailer with final date for FFXV's release. :D

Sony really should have done what MS has done, fund games for 3rd party devs but unlike MS, focus only on Japan since they've wrapped up the other regions. Fund Level 5 for Ni No Kuni 2, Atlus for Persona 5: updated version PS4 exclusive, fund another Tails, fund Sega for Phantasy Star and Sword Art Online MMO focuing on Virtual Reality, fund Capcom for Monster Hunter always exclusive PS4, fund Platinum for an Attack on Titan action adventure game, fund SE to make FFXV exclusive, fund Clap Handz for Hot Shots, & fund your JRPG inhouse from Studio Japan. It would cost a ton of money, but can you imagine Japan ignoring the PS4 if all those games came in the next 2 years? I can't
based on my experience of never being there.

Persona 5 on PS4 would be nice, but the problem is it is not exclusive to PS4. Since it can be purchased and experienced on PS3, I doubt it will move many PS4's.
But if you don't own a PS3, then it might make more sense in 2015 to just buy a ps4 to play it on rather than buying a PS3.
So in that sense I could see it moving some consoles.

vpance

Is Deep Down a full exclusive? It's a FTP game, not exactly breaking the bank with the game...

Baby steps man, baby steps. Besides, dumping $50M into an exclusive game for Japan would be a huge gamble, which is why this co-dev thing is the smartest solution.

DD I think will be a full exclusive. I could see it making its way to PC at some point though.

h382B17BB

Relevant.

Hahaha dead

Baby steps man, baby steps. Besides, dumping $50M into an exclusive game for Japan would be a huge gamble, which is why this co-dev thing is the smartest solution.

DD I think will be a full exclusive. I could see it making its way to PC at some point though.

Sony japan is helping Capcom make it so i doubt it.

Fbh

At this point I'd welcome almost any japanese game. Japan needs to show some love for current gen.
Now if it's a JRPG involving no loli/more crap I'd be REALLY excited.

I just hope it isn't a SEGA game, so we can keep the hope that whatever gets announce will be localized

Almost none on that list would cost anywhere near that.

Top Bottom