• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Probably really good tier:
Green Lantern
Batman
The Flash
Deathstroke
Cyborg
Oceanman
Raven
Nightwing

They're at least "good." Maybe. tier:
Ares
Black Adam
Bane
Catwoman
Doomsday
Green Arrow
Killer Frost
Solomon Grundy
Superman
Wonder Woman

Might Be OK or maybe they're actually bad or godlike I don't know tier:
Shazam
Sinestro

Nobody knows how to play these fucking characters yet tier::
Harley Quinn
Joker
Lex Luthor

sephi22

Green Lantern
Batman
The Flash
Deathstroke
Cyborg
Oceanman
Raven
Nightwing
Black Adam
Superman
Killer Frost

Ares
Bane
Catwoman
Doomsday
Green Arrow
Solomon Grundy
Wonder Woman
Lex Luthor
Harley Quinn
Shazam

Might Be OK or maybe they're actually bad I don't know tier:
Sinestro

Nobody knows how to play these fucking characters yet tier:
Joker
Bolded are fixed.
Actually you can move Joker to the ok/good tier. The potential is there.

Chindogg

Green Lantern
Batman
The Flash
Deathstroke
Cyborg
Oceanman
Raven
Nightwing

Ares
Black Adam
Bane
Catwoman
Doomsday
Green Arrow
Killer Frost
Solomon Grundy
Superman
Wonder Woman

Might Be OK or maybe they're actually bad I don't know tier:
Shazam
Sinestro

Nobody knows how to play these fucking characters yet tier:
Harley Quinn
Joker
Lex Luthor

Harley Quinn is the best zoner in the game.
Lex is untested territory.
Joker has some of the best mixups and unblockables in any game I've played.
Shazam is absurdly fast and his trait does an insane amount of damage.
Sinestro needs work. The hotfix really screwed him in damage and capability. He still has good matchups though.

Its still too early to tell anything at this point. Everyone has their strengths, some are just way more obvious than others.

Commentating isnt as easy as it looks

No it's not lol. I often get caught watching and leave the stream with dead air. That's the hardest part of commentary. That and trying to not sound like a complete idiot while on the air. The key is to keep talking and try your best to stay on point while being yourself.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Harley Quinn is the best zoner in the game.
Lex is untested territory.
Joker has some of the best mixups and unblockables in any game I've played.
Shazam is absurdly fast and his trait does an insane amount of damage.
Sinestro needs work. The hotfix really screwed him in damage and capability. He still has good matchups though.

Its still too early to tell anything at this point. Everyone has their strengths, some are just way more obvious than others.

No it's not lol. I often get caught watching and leave the stream with dead air. That's the hardest part of commentary. That and trying to not sound like a complete idiot while on the air. The key is to keep talking and try your best to stay on point while being yourself.

Is Quin's zoning really better than Cyborg's? Cause cyborg is pretty untouchable

sephi22

Arturo, if you're reading this, link me to your matches against Juggernaut.
I thought you streamed them but can't find them in the nycfurby archive.

My neutral game is ass with him

Chindogg

Is Quin's zoning really better than Cyborg's? Cause cyborg is pretty untouchable

Quinn's gunshots are instant and repeatable. Paint bombs hit overhead and provide a ton of hitstun. Hand cannon setups after hard knockdown are ridiculous, it travels super slow and is difficult to avoid, its unblockable and causes a hard knockdown, continuing the pressure. Her b3 hitbox is about half screen and of course armored with meter burn.

If you somehow happen to get in on her, Quinn has high-low mixups and strings for days to push you back and start the fun all over again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Quinn's gunshots are instant and repeatable. Paint bombs hit overhead and provide a ton of hitstun. Hand cannon setups after hard knockdown are ridiculous, it travels super slow and is difficult to avoid, its unblockable and causes a hard knockdown, continuing the pressure. Her b3 hitbox is about half screen and of course armored with meter burn.

If you somehow happen to get in on her, Quinn has high-low mixups and strings for days to push you back and start the fun all over again.

Yes I know she has that, but is it really better than cyborgs raw zoning game. I know she has a better mix up game.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I honestly think Cyborg isn't that good.

Based on my time and experience with the game. I think the following are good chars:

Black Adam
Batman
Superman
Deathstroke
Aquaman

I think Raven is really good too but need more time using her and playing against her/seeing how she matches up against the rest of the cast.

Personally, I use Ares, Superman, Batman and Shazam!

K.Sabot

Yeah I'm aware of that lol but that just means no one has a reason to duck unless she is close

lsre8wH.png

I sort of undersold the cupcake's range, especially the ex cupcake.

Also back 22 is a cancelable low starter that is safe on block and leads to her best combos.

I like her a bit, we should fight sometime on PSN.

Chindogg

Based on my time and experience with the game. I think the following are good chars:

Black Adam
Batman
Superman
Deathstroke
Aquaman

I think Raven is really good too but need more time using her and playing against her/seeing how she matches up against the rest of the cast.

When are we playing? When you get back from your world tour?

Yeah but cyborgs stuff also goes full screen and does more chip as well. *shrug*

See K.Sabot's post. The gunshots also go full screen. They might not chip as much, but if we're in a Cyborg v Harley match the guns will stuff the startup on his shots because her gunshots are instant. Her being a tech character also gives her a ton of mobility interactables on several stages. She would crush Cyborg on Atlantis, for example.

Horseress

Black Adam
Batman
Superman
Deathstroke
Aquaman

Happy BDay Mark my man!
And I started using Shazam this morning, his combos are so cool!

CurlyW

Injustice not being on the game list at NCR is very strange. However, it does seem that NorCal is the one region of the country that isn't playing that game anyway.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm fairly certain at the moment Nightwing and Cyborg are the two best characters in Injustice right now

Did you play a good Nightwing?? Tell me what to do with him so I can win better.

I don't think Injustice will reach Marvel/Sf4 levels in the US. So long as it becomes more popular than Tekken in the US then that's cool.

Like, the game was designed to appeal more to Capcom people, hopefully it snags a few and makes it to next year's EVO.

Malice215

Injustice not being on the game list at NCR is very strange. However, it does seem that NorCal is the one region of the country that isn't playing that game anyway.

It's not strange because NCR is running the games that are in the EVO lineup + Divekick. What's strange is EVO not giving Injustice a shot because MK is not going to be a draw, nor are some of these other games that are in the EVO lineup.

I guess they wanted to keep the seat warm by bringing back MK while they get a better idea of how Injustice shapes out for next year. By then the game will be fleshed out and have all its DLC characters available so hopefully people stick with the game.

As for 3 day tournaments, people need to stop crying and take a day off like everyone else that has to work. It's just that certain players had no interest in going to NCR to begin with and want to blame everything else after the tentative schedule came out. Guess they were too busy raising 8 kids or finding the cure for cancer to go there on Friday. Oh well.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I don't think Harley's even a good zoner, let alone a better zoner than Cyborg. She has zoning options and ways to be generally annoying full-screen but she pales in comparison to actual zoners.

its not at NCR because its not at EVO. I belive thats their reason.

Divekick and DoA5 for Evo confirmed?

It's not strange because NCR is running the games that are in the EVO lineup + Divekick. What's strange is EVO not giving Injustice a shot because MK is not going to be a draw, nor are some of these other games that are in the EVO lineup.

I guess they wanted to keep the seat warm by bringing back MK while they get a better idea of how Injustice shapes out for next year. By then the game will be fleshed out and have all its DLC characters available so hopefully people stick with the game.

As for 3 day tournaments, people need to stop crying and take a day off like everyone else that has to work. It's just that certain players had no interest in going to NCR to begin with and want to blame everything else after the tentative schedule came out. Guess they were too busy raising 8 kids or finding the cure for cancer to go there on Friday. Oh well.

Those include reputable players like Kane, Rip and Aris. Aris and Rip were at NCR last year (2 days), so it's not about reluctance in making the 6 hour drive to norcal. Even bloodhawk from your side of the country said they were getting dicked over.

Top Bottom