• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

alstein

People who quit P4A because of Mitsuru = scrubs. Or Elizabeth players. They're the only people who can legitimately complain about that character.

Or Yukiko players in a land of SLabrys. That said, my one win at NEC was vs the Mitsuru army. Lost to two Labrys's. if I had won of those, would have drawn Sinoshi's Labrys, and she seemed to be pretty good from what I saw of her (I think she's also one of the contractors on Skullgirls)

P4A is a good idea that needed one more update to tweak balance a bit more. To me the game is kinda a weird hybrid of GG and ST.

Ustream runs and looks amazing as usual. Decided some high quality JP AE would be a nice change from Mahvel. I can barely get the stream to run at 360p with Twitch...

Edgeward

Came at the right time then, SP. gonna see some Mak play

Raiotto 2013
-Rai- (Cammy)
melo (Makoto)
Yokubou Highlight (Makoto)

vs

Sanbiki no Buta
Marty (Rufus)
tkm$ (Rufus)
Kasakotsu FC (Rufus)

Edgeward

There is also an all Blanka team today. I know you love that.

I think team tournies in America should stop with the one char per team stuff. I like all 1 character teams.

Edgeward

I like to see people play with the character they play the best with

Hara Pan Kurai Houdai
Marugori (Makoto)
Nmura (Evil Ryu)
Kapa (Fei Long)

vs

C.C.N.
Mizoguchi (Dudley)
Origin (Gouken)
Nosuke (Cammy)

Nmura keeps doing Evil Ryu's light axe kick which is -7 on block, so it's very unsafe. But he keeps getting away with it because either nobody knows how unsafe it is or they're not confident in their ability to punish it.

Edgeward

Gachien 2013
EX Guran (E.Honda)
Takanami@Rasu (M.Bison)
Jackknife Itou (Dee Jay)

vs

Tsuntsun Oppai.
Chichimonda Honda ∞ (M.Bison)
Tsun (Ibuki)
opa (Balrog)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's the curse of being the best. Twitch is not up to par because of too many people using it and with the advent of higher quality stuff, servers and bandwidths are overloaded. They need more servers and better maintenance. The whole site is just filled with bugs right now.

Edgeward

Honda's U2 already had poor range and then they had to go and change the command after Super. Funny, how Honda still eeked out the win even after eating Rog's ultra.

Ustream has been pretty stable for me, video quality is not the best but still looks good. I'm looking forward to being able to stream from PS4 when that comes around. Can't wait for next gen fighters to roll out so we can do GAF streams without needing all the cables and the capture card.

Psh, when was the last time you played? And IMO, you never pressed enough buttons when you did!
Our last set consisted of me getting bopped in a seemingly iron clad vortex that would make Akuma's head spin. Of course I wouldn't press buttons!

Also, after 500 hours of MvC3 and UMvC3 I went to check out flower power Mahvel. It actually worked out and I press buttons like a Wesker player on speed. :p

Our last set consisted of me getting bopped in a seemingly iron clad vortex that would make Akuma's head spin. Of course I wouldn't press buttons!

Also, after 500 hours of MvC3 and UMvC3 I went to check out flower power Mahvel. It actually worked out and I press buttons like a Wesker player on speed. :p
Flower power Mahvel? Is that code for Skullgirls?
Confession: I always type "Skrullgirls" and have to fix it.

Also, I went back to Firebrand, so if you ever want round 2 of that fun...

Dahbomb

I just tuned into this Japanese Marvel tournament and there was a guy playing Thor, Hsien Ko and Phoenix Wright... on the same team.... Actually took a couple of rounds of. His Thor was good though decent movement.

Magus would've died from an aneurysm watching it.

Flower power Mahvel? Is that code for Skullgirls?
Confession: I always type "Skrullgirls" and have to fix it.

Also, I went back to Firebrand, so if you ever want round 2 of that fun...
I wanted to play you again, but my PS3 was on the fritz for like two and a half months until I mustered up the will(and $140) to get it fixed. Now I'm waiting on Sony for a new 160GB slim.

Also, yeah that stands for Skullgirls. It is Mahvel to me and I enjoy playing my team immensely.

Edit: Fuck, that Makoto lost to Zangief again. Dude kept using that standing strong too much. :(

Edgeward

Dat Gief. Sooo good

there is never such a thing as too much st. strong for a Mak player, what other button would they mash then?

I just tuned into this Japanese Marvel tournament and there was a guy playing Thor, Hsien Ko and Phoenix Wright... on the same team.... Actually took a couple of rounds of. His Thor was good though decent movement.

Magus would've died from an aneurysm watching it.
You know what works well? Morrigan/Wright. She has the "get off me" assist for him, and "Get em' Missile" is amazing for Morrigan unblockables. That assist is underutilized in general. It's the best low-hitting assist in the game in terms of versatility.

I wanted to play you again, but my PS3 was on the fritz for like two and a half months until I mustered up the will(and $140) to get it fixed. Now I'm waiting on Sony for a new 160GB slim.

Also, yeah that stands for Skullgirls. It is Mahvel to me and I enjoy playing my team immensely.

Edit: Fuck, that Makoto lost to Zangief again. Dude kept using that standing strong too much. :(
Cool, we'll set it up when you get your system back.

USD

These are the 8 players who just qualified for the KGA 2013 main tournament:

Junya
Gottsu
niceboy
RF
Potenhitto
Mabushin
tenboss
Tanukikk

Next is the vote with all the qualified players (30 total). This vote will determine the last two players in the main tournament.

USD

The 32 players in the KGA 2013 main tournament:

SIO
VX
Taketani
yokohama_modok
Chou
Banbaban
ABEGEN
Kyamei
Emumaki
Mamespider