• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

Ahnez

Nothing is confirmed as of right now, but we can certainly speculate! The meter at the bottom bar seems to be some sort of combo-related thingy.

tumblr_nywdy3Hr4N1sjbtwdo6_500.gif

Considering how multiple limits were used in the trailer, I would guess the combo bar is how you use "normal" limits now, and the Limit bar is something like an Ex-mode/Drive Form, and while in this mode, you can use the stronger limits

RK128

This Thread is moving so fast

FFVII.jpg

Didn't see that at the bottom of the screen.....I understand the gameplay right, it might work like this :D.
-You have a combo bar telling you how much you can attack; once it goes red, you have to wait for it to fill up before you can attack again
-The Limit bar seems to work like how it does in the original FFVII; the more damage you take, the more it fills up
-When you attack one foe, its only meant for them; if you attack one target and it reaches a second target, it does not have any splash damage

So its a hybrid of KH's and the original FFVII......that is an interesting mixture of games I must say :).

Wondering how Magic, controlling your party members and summons are going to work :D.

Kaiterra

Banned
i am super freaking excited to see more of the Remake, i've already stated that FF7 is my favorite game ever, and what waas shown here got me pretty excited

now i want toask this, i love everything about FF7 from story to gameplay, and i'm willing to give this game a chance with its more action oriented battle system, so why cant some of you guys willing to give this a chance, despite the fact we havent seen how it plays in its entirety, just because its not a 1:1 transition from the original

I haven't totally written it off, but I'm incredibly pessimistic. My expectations for the game are basically that I expect to feel about it the way I do about Fallout 4. Good game, fun, but still hugely disappointing based on what came before.

Squire

Banned
I really don't understand why some people try to convince themselves that this game is related to that glorious vaporware also know as Versus XIII. Ok, i know that the same people decided that FFVX would be garbage because of reasons, and Tabata is a shitty director guilty of delivering in three years a game that prevoiusly exist only in their minds ( a world where a character named Stella woul be outstanding and super cool based on nothing, lol) but c'mon, don't transform all the future topic of this game in the same nonsense like the XV ones.

People are looking with their eyes. It looks like Versus combat.

Siege.exe

Or y'know, it's lacking in polish at the moment.

Is it a lack of polish when it happens in every single instance that multiple enemies would normally be damaged in an action game? I'm not convinced that this game is strictly an ARPG, and this is one of the main reasons why.

I remember hearing Square say they weren't going to make a FFVII remake until they created a new FF game capable of rivaling the quality of what FFVII did back during the PS1 days, but nowadays. I'm wondering if FFXV IS that game, or at least while Nomura was attached, they got a good idea of HOW to set this series forward and do something REALLY special as far as gameplay, graphics and world presentation that they KNEW it was time to make good on their promise.

I know I heard some people saying they wouldn't want a FFVI remake like this, but who knows? I remain open-minded in seeing FFVI's world in a new light. Nomura DID say he'd love to see one, and while I'd love a full watercolor Amano game, and love the old sprite game, something about seeing a realistic version of Vector, Opera House and Phantom Train.... DAMN!!! Fuck the naysayers, give it to me!!!

hX0b4GQ.gif

LaqBbsB.gif

Y8Iqw1V.jpg

Awesome that the middle tech demo seems the "odd one out". The remake does helluva lot to retain the how Cloud jumps off the train(and as others said, even keeps Jessie's kick, prior to that). That is pretty damn impressive!!

I want to see Bugenhagen. lol

I want to see the Chocobo Sage. He basically looked like a traditional Black Mage with facial hair.
latest

I think this may be both command-based and real-time.

When you hit a target, it never hits the surrounding enemies even if it's an attack that looks like it should.

aravuus

Can't believe how pumped up that music makes me

I'm not gonna lie, I think it looks fucking amazing. Love the KH battle system, makes me more excited than a regular ATB system would have.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The absolute first frame of the part where Shinra soldiers are about to pincer Cloud, you get to actually see him:

NsBSQmy.jpg

The camera instantly goes past Cloud as we see the two military jeeps barricade the path (and then we get to fight the soldiers)

0GFG09n.jpg

AdanVC

Seriously guys, when do you think this game will release? I honestly predict late 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

2016 for FFXV
2017 for FFVII Remake

<3

This got me ultra hyped! The only , only thing that made my just sign/cringe was the voice acting :I

I hope it was just trailer-rushed, or that there's a subtitle option in the end..

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So apparently this is using the Unreal engine instead of Luminous. I can actually believe that this game won't take decades.

MrHoot

Seriously guys, when do you think this game will release? I honestly predict late 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

2016 for FFXV
2017 for FFVII Remake

<3

Probably that ye.

I'm still super interested by XV though, glad we're getting that soon.

entremet

I remember hearing Square say they weren't going to make a FFVII remake until they created a new FF game capable of rivaling the quality of what FFVII did back during the PS1 days, but nowadays. I'm wondering if FFXV IS that game, or at least while Nomura was attached, they got a good idea of HOW to set this series forward and do something REALLY special as far as gameplay, graphics and world presentation that they KNEW it was time to make good on their promise.

I know I heard some people saying they wouldn't want a FFVI remake like this, but who knows? I remain open-minded in seeing FFVI's world in a new light. Nomura DID say he'd love to see one, and while I'd love a full watercolor Amano game, and love the old sprite game, something about seeing a realistic version of Vector, Opera House and Phantom Train.... DAMN!!! Fuck the naysayers, give it to me!!!

I want to see the Chocobo Sage. He basically looked like a traditional Black Mage with facial hair.
latest

Probably be made into a regular human with a wacky costume.

RK128

People are looking with their eyes. It looks like Versus combat.

....Now that I think about it, the command menu really mirrors what the original FF Verses one looked like.

I'm wondering if this was the case:
-When development of Verses changed hands and the head of Verses moved on to KH3, Nomura took the core combat systems of Verses and held on to them for a future project.
-Early/Mid 2014 Square decided to make a FFVII Remake and tasked Nomura to lead the project (as KH3 was put on track with a director and everyone knowing what to do)
-Nomura decided to take the very core of the original Verses XIII and decided "I'm going to use what me and my team completed with Verses and use it as a base for this FFVII Remake, so we can have a head-start with development.
-Thus, the combat system is likely completely finished; only a few changes needed (optimizing the game to run better when in combat, taking in more elements of VII's combat mechanics, ect)

I will say that I'm very impressed that we got full-on gameplay for VII Remake already and it looks very complete.

Of course it needs to be better optimized and stuff but the fact it looks so feature complete and polished really impressed me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One of the finest things of Midgar is how detailed everything is. Let's just say Square is definitely doing work on the small details in FFVII:R :)

"WE BUY GOLD"
"DIAMONDS"

iFUUfKW.png

wmlk

They look incredibly similar fam.

I dunno, to me it looks more similar to the current FFXV. Close camera, abilities (one of Cloud's attacks is straight up like Tempest), with multiple playable characters being the big deal here. FFXV also has third person shooting as well.

1412508908-phantom-sword-offense.gif

I don't see this looking anything like Versus XIII from 2011. It looks more like FFXV from 2013 to 2015 which is a good thing. I thought the combat in 2011 looked pretty bad, but that makes sense since it was in an unfinished state.

RK128

2016 for FFXV
2017 for FFVII Remake

<3

I see Square's big RPG's releasing like this for the west
-FFXV: Fall 2016
-Nier 2: Late Summer 2016
-Star Ocean: Early Summer 2016
-Project Setsuna: Early 2016 (Before E3 2016)
-Dragon Quest XI: Early 2017
-Kingdom Hearts 3: Summer 2017
-FFVII Remake: Fall 2017

Kuntz

Seeing Biggs Wedge and Jessie made me remember I'm still pissed...

:(

It's a nice surprise I could probably enjoy for what it is, and Blade Barrett is awesome.

The Jason

Wow just saw the trailer. Looks great!

The combat looks good, even though I wanted traditional combat, I'm happy with it.

Can't wait! wow still hard to believe its really happening

Top Bottom