• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Kouriozan

Man, even 5* max unit (Cheerleader Fina) is destroying 5* base Ramza as support.

xnMtMDW.png

8oS0mga.png

Well, finally found a party comp that works(1k+ A2 and Luneth with pods and fire weapons were MVP). I got really close to getting lb kill a couple of times but rng always rolled 1% on Great Malboro so I had to kill it without it. Took me half a day of messing around with different teams and 150 nrg but I finally made that stinky salad :).
Dunno if I want to do it again for the materia anytime soon, even tho being able to use items would make this much easier. Oh well, I'm just glad I'm done with it for now.. this shit was pure hell heh xD[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I might try and use this team and finally take down the stupid plant. I've put together a bunch of squads in trial and error and just fell short every time.

Hopefully Sean/Robsan/Rixa is willing to keep their Rikku shared.

Alkez

[JP] Would anyone who has Kid Rydia be willing to put her as their friend unit for a couple of hours? I know the mog king is going on, I just want to try a run at the Robot with her.

Really great to see that they are actually communicating out about the maintenance while it's going on. Time will tell if this is something they plan to do moving forward or if it's just trying to make up for the past week.

And the game is coming back up for people (although not for me yet).

Played with the summon simulator for Ayaka a bit.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon_Simulator/20171006

this is gonna suck :(

That thing always depresses the hell out of me:

Attempts = 34
Lapis used = 170000
5★ (1) = Ayaka
4★ (93) = Rosa Silvia Rasler Meliadoul Silvia Silvia Warrior of Light Vanille Garnet Rasler Victoria Silvia Helena Helena Goken Soleil Sozhe Shine Gaffgarion Goken Goken Nine Garnet Silvia Soleil Orran Werei Rikku Gaffgarion Agrias Veritas of the Heavens Shine Refia Ilias Amelia Goken Helena Leon Rasler Goken Vanille King Goken Helena Beach Time Fina Seven Goken Amelia Rikku Goken Silvia Rikku Orran Goken Shine Silvia Sozhe Silvia Rasler Luka Silvia Garnet Goken Silvia Nine Goken Luka Warrior of Light Ashe Goken Soleil Silvia Warrior of Light Refia Silvia Goken Soleil Vanille Meliadoul Silvia Desch Nine Rosa Orran Silvia Amelia Gaffgarion Snow Werei Beach Time Fina Vanille Snow Goken
3★ (280) = Yuri Shadow Bedile Yuri Kamui Kupipi Kamui Kamui Abel Kamui Edgar Eight Fang Celes Yuri Ingus Cloud of Darkness Cinque Summer Lid Ulrica Garland Wakka Faris Freya Cecil Tellah Aiden Bedile Edge Anzelm Exdeath Kamui Bedile Cyan Lani Celes Timothy Cinque Cinque Gau Miyuki Kamui Arc Leo Jack Yuri Yuri Yuri Duane Anzelm Trey Cloud of Darkness Kamui Yuri Kamui Krile Penelo Guy Faris Vivi Exdeath Kamui Guy Yuri Yuri Kamui Yuri Terra Sara Galuf Ingus Timothy Kupipi Kain Yuri Cerius Shantotto Yuri Jean Artemios Yuri Artemios Sabin Yuri Kamui Alma Vivi Firion Fran Trey Yuri Rakshasa Yuri Camille Kamui Miyuki Celes Lani Rakshasa Terra Locke Kamui Clyne Leo Ingus Gilbert Mustadio Guy Yuri Gilbert Yuri Shadow Hayate Aiden Yuri Yuri Alma Kamui Lani Zidane Edgar Fran Xiao Alma Leo Yuri Golbez Arc Roselia Fran Ulrica Kamui Artemios Kamui Locke Heltich Roselia Clyne Penelo Lani Exdeath Golbez Hayate Vaan Gilbert Ingus Yuri Yuri Edge Eight Eight Kamui Xiao Shadow Yuri Arc Sara Sice Medius Alma Garland Garland Kamui Kamui Luna Luna Ulrica Sara Heltich Kamui Rydia Ruggles Kuja Kamui Xiao Yuri Guy Arc Kamui Lani Zidane Yuri Yuri Leo Anzelm Kamui Heltich Yuri Ruggles Kamui Tellah Cinque Edgar Clyne Medius Jack Duane Locke Edge Lawrence Charlotte Locke Shadow Shadow Maria Yuri Charlotte Arc Vivi Shera Garland Mustadio Wakka Aiden Rydia Cloud of Darkness Hayate Cinque Eight Abel Lenna Alma Miyuki Lenna Sabin Fran Xiao Tellah Ingus Golbez Camille Kamui Trey Abel Exdeath Anzelm Trey Faris Cyan Tellah Mustadio Kain Cecil Cerius Maria Kamui Kamui Kamui Medius Yuri Yuri Cloud of Darkness Kuja Yuri Kuja Anzelm Yuri Camille Vivi Faris Celes Yuri Charlotte Camille Exdeath Kamui Heltich Kamui Miyuki Kamui Exdeath Heltich Fran Jack Kain Summer Lid Russell Kamui Shera Krile

bonkeng

Hi guys. I've posted this in Discord, but just in case i mess up a few times.

Need help on tackling Malboro. Anyone kind enough to share a DV with Excalibur, Pod, Ribbon or Dicernment, esper Ifrit. Atk as high as possible.

Thanks.

Dandte

Need help on tackling Malboro. Anyone kind enough to share a DV with Excalibur, Pod, Ribbon or Dicernment, esper Ifrit. Atk as high as possible.

Thanks.

I wish i could but no ribbon ir dicernment :-/ does his inital resistant + other gear could help?

Celegus

Poked the simulator for a bit, highest I could get was 29 till a 5*. I find how high that can get to be much more interesting than "got her in 1". Is there one of these for JP? Would be neat to compare just how big that 3% is.

Thanks.

No DV but I can put up Marie or A2 or a Rikku if you'd like.

Alkez

Thanks.

I have the gear but not the unit. Is there any other unit I could put up to help?

Maybe an additional confuse and sleep resist would be good. He's only immune to para, stone and blind. Not sure if Malboro hits with confuse or sleep :/

And with similar set up should work. Thanks bro.

A2 set with ~7k hp, 1009 atk, pod 153, Ifrit, and Ribbon. Good luck bro! If you want me to run Marie or Rikku let me know bro.

bonkeng

I have the gear but not the unit. Is there any other unit I could put up to help?

Basically any dps unit that can get at least 900. 2B A2 OK Luneth Orly etc. DV has one minor advantage over them just because of innate Dark immunity, but my own DV should be able to take care of that.

I'm still stuck in traffic though, so maybe it'll take me an hour to finally do it lol.

Lyrian

SYP is up.

Surprised at the level of vitriol in the SYP this time around. Smells like the old elitist days of the original SYPs.

TL;DR: SYP? HELL, NO.

/facepalm

wilstreak

Basically any dps unit that can get at least 900. 2B A2 OK Luneth Orly etc. DV has one minor advantage over them just because of innate Dark immunity, but my own DV should be able to take care of that.

I'm still stuck in traffic though, so maybe it'll take me an hour to finally do it lol.

I'm currently running Randi with 962 ATK + Pod and Excal.
No ribbon or discernment since Randi has all status immunities.

I already have you in friendlist, IGN : William

Attempts = 34
Lapis used = 170000
5★ (1) = Ayaka
4★ (93) = Rosa Silvia Rasler Meliadoul Silvia Silvia Warrior of Light Vanille Garnet Rasler Victoria Silvia Helena Helena Goken Soleil Sozhe Shine Gaffgarion Goken Goken Nine Garnet Silvia Soleil Orran Werei Rikku Gaffgarion Agrias Veritas of the Heavens Shine Refia Ilias Amelia Goken Helena Leon Rasler Goken Vanille King Goken Helena Beach Time Fina Seven Goken Amelia Rikku Goken Silvia Rikku Orran Goken Shine Silvia Sozhe Silvia Rasler Luka Silvia Garnet Goken Silvia Nine Goken Luka Warrior of Light Ashe Goken Soleil Silvia Warrior of Light Refia Silvia Goken Soleil Vanille Meliadoul Silvia Desch Nine Rosa Orran Silvia Amelia Gaffgarion Snow Werei Beach Time Fina Vanille Snow Goken
3★ (280) = Yuri Shadow Bedile Yuri Kamui Kupipi Kamui Kamui Abel Kamui Edgar Eight Fang Celes Yuri Ingus Cloud of Darkness Cinque Summer Lid Ulrica Garland Wakka Faris Freya Cecil Tellah Aiden Bedile Edge Anzelm Exdeath Kamui Bedile Cyan Lani Celes Timothy Cinque Cinque Gau Miyuki Kamui Arc Leo Jack Yuri Yuri Yuri Duane Anzelm Trey Cloud of Darkness Kamui Yuri Kamui Krile Penelo Guy Faris Vivi Exdeath Kamui Guy Yuri Yuri Kamui Yuri Terra Sara Galuf Ingus Timothy Kupipi Kain Yuri Cerius Shantotto Yuri Jean Artemios Yuri Artemios Sabin Yuri Kamui Alma Vivi Firion Fran Trey Yuri Rakshasa Yuri Camille Kamui Miyuki Celes Lani Rakshasa Terra Locke Kamui Clyne Leo Ingus Gilbert Mustadio Guy Yuri Gilbert Yuri Shadow Hayate Aiden Yuri Yuri Alma Kamui Lani Zidane Edgar Fran Xiao Alma Leo Yuri Golbez Arc Roselia Fran Ulrica Kamui Artemios Kamui Locke Heltich Roselia Clyne Penelo Lani Exdeath Golbez Hayate Vaan Gilbert Ingus Yuri Yuri Edge Eight Eight Kamui Xiao Shadow Yuri Arc Sara Sice Medius Alma Garland Garland Kamui Kamui Luna Luna Ulrica Sara Heltich Kamui Rydia Ruggles Kuja Kamui Xiao Yuri Guy Arc Kamui Lani Zidane Yuri Yuri Leo Anzelm Kamui Heltich Yuri Ruggles Kamui Tellah Cinque Edgar Clyne Medius Jack Duane Locke Edge Lawrence Charlotte Locke Shadow Shadow Maria Yuri Charlotte Arc Vivi Shera Garland Mustadio Wakka Aiden Rydia Cloud of Darkness Hayate Cinque Eight Abel Lenna Alma Miyuki Lenna Sabin Fran Xiao Tellah Ingus Golbez Camille Kamui Trey Abel Exdeath Anzelm Trey Faris Cyan Tellah Mustadio Kain Cecil Cerius Maria Kamui Kamui Kamui Medius Yuri Yuri Cloud of Darkness Kuja Yuri Kuja Anzelm Yuri Camille Vivi Faris Celes Yuri Charlotte Camille Exdeath Kamui Heltich Kamui Miyuki Kamui Exdeath Heltich Fran Jack Kain Summer Lid Russell Kamui Shera Krile
Despicable. Needs to change. I at least managed to get up to 15k for Ayaka banner...not sure if I'm going to pull tho. I'm really curious about the FF4 units.

Kouriozan

SYP is up.

Surprised at the level of vitriol in the SYP this time around. Smells like the old elitist days of the original SYPs.

TL;DR: SYP? HELL, NO.

/facepalm
Saying a big NOPE to a hyped unit always do that, I guess.

Anyway, good luck to anyone pulling.

Pejo

Finished the season 1 story last night, was pretty damn good.

Story spoilers -
I like how they keep edging into the "sacrificing myself for the good of the party" but never really went there past D. Fina and Rain. That whole end section was just like a mixture between the end of FFIV and FFXV. I liked it, despite how cheesy it was. Dual Wield Lasswell looks cool, too.

Did the new summon sim, got Ayaka in 4, but it took me 10 10+1's to get the damn 4* unit with the MAG Sword TM that I want.

Yeesh.

Syntsui

Attempts = 34
Lapis used = 170000
5★ (1) = Ayaka
That thing always makes me hype as fuck:

Attempts = 1
Lapis used = 5000
5★ (3) = Ayaka Tidus Ayaka
4★ (2) = Luka Warrior of Light
3★ (6) = Kamui Xiao Miyuki Artemios Kamui Yuri

Alkez

Kl. I've set up 2B, Excal, Ribbon, Pod, Ifrit. Got 1015 attack and 6437 HP because I don't have Werei's TM yet.

Good luck.

I really should attempt this myself at some point lol.

across

Not an accurate representation of the SYP. It's a level-headed assessment of a hyped banner whose value is VERY top-ended. I thought you might be referring to the responses and not the SYP itself, but I couldn't find any 'vitriol' there either.

Only Ayaka is relevant as a unit. Of the remaining four units, two of them give mediocre TMs (Yuri, Goken). Kamui and Silvia have good TMs, though the value of the latter is heavily dependent on your possessing a Fryevia or Trance Terra.

Ayaka is great, but prevailing sentiment from JP is that she isn't necessary.

We have, per the leaks, some manner of guaranteed 5* banners around Christmastime, in addition to two upcoming GLEX banners: Four Fiends, still an unknown quantity, and Halloween 2017 units - there's also a GLEX Christmas banner coming our way.

How is it vitriol to soberly inform people that current healers will get you through content (true) and to instead save resources for better 4* units (Mistair will be this year, also on a double 4* banner) and guaranteed 5* banners? Are we encouraging people to chase rainbows now?

Alkez

[JP] Attempted to take out all 3 parts of the robot at once but messed up the timing, killed the arms and not the body, and then it proceeded to destroy me lol.

Syntsui if you can leave your Rydia up for another couple of hours for a second attempt that would be appreciated. I know where I went wrong so want to have 1 more go. If I fail I'll leave it until I'm better equipped.

Going to spend exactly 20 tickets in hopes for Ayaka. No more, no less. Will post results tonight. This should be interesting to see if the community goes all in for her or not.

Syntsui

[JP] Attempted to take out all 3 parts of the robot at once but messed up the timing, killed the arms and not the body, and then it proceeded to destroy me lol.

Syntsui if you can leave your Rydia up for another couple of hours for a second attempt that would be appreciated. I know where I went wrong so want to have 1 more go. If I fail I'll leave it until I'm better equipped.
Sure, let me know when you are done.

robotuw

This candy thing sounds strange. Is there any in-game point to it besides the announced rewards? Will they tell us when we've made enough?

Muku

First time playing it or has it just been a while?

First time playing it.

To be honest, my first FF was 1, but borrowed it from a family member back in the day. I didn't play another until 7. Have played or touched upon each since except 15. (Hope that comes out on Switch, so I can work on that.)

Too young for the SNES stuff to be able to afford my own games. ;_; I probably should have rectified this a long time ago.. but as with everything, it's time. I think after I tackle this I'll see about the others. Husband should have some of the others.

Two bugs, glitches maybe I've encountered this morning.

One, i killed ifrit twice for the daily exploration quest. There's a rookie quest reward for killing him, but everytime I try and claim it I get a connection error and it boots me to the title screen.

Two, whoever mentioned Xon being busted may be onto something. I burned all my nrg on chamber of gems, noticed my drops weren't what they used to be. Maybe bad luck, needs further testing, but perhaps his treasure hunter skill is indeed broken.

Wait, so it's mogcake bullshit again? Except now we have to balance it with other actual events at the same time? Ugh...

Someone on the Discord chat said that people should have absolutely no issues in cleaning out the store just by playing through it. No crazy grind necessary. So it's similar to the mogcake event in theory, but much, much easier in actual practice.

Muku

What in the actual fuck.

So, JP was always easy to distinguish from GL because way it displayed FFBE and the icon. Someone thought it was a great idea to change to the same damn icon as GL and have the name display exactly the same.

Celegus

First time playing it.

To be honest, my first FF was 1, but borrowed it from a family member back in the day. I didn't play another until 7. Have played or touched upon each since except 15. (Hope that comes out on Switch, so I can work on that.)

Too young for the SNES stuff to be able to afford my own games. ;_; I probably should have rectified this a long time ago.. but as with everything, it's time. I think after I tackle this I'll see about the others. Husband should have some of the others.
Hope you enjoy it! It's my favorite by a long shot, but of course I played it when it was new as a kid so nostaglia goggles and all that. I think it should hold up just fine even now though, such a masterpiece.

Syntsui

But why? You gain and lose nothing when someone attacks you. There are no stats for wins and losses, either.
Losing a streak pretty much destroys any chance in getting the first two tier of rewards. Shit is competitive.

It's a big deal on JP because their rewards are insane. (8x big LB/HP pots & 4x big LB/HP pots for the first two tiers alternating every week).

EDarkness

Losing a streak pretty much destroys any chance in getting the first two tier of rewards. Shit is competitive.

It's a big deal on JP because their rewards are insane. (8x big LB/HP pots & 4x big LB/HP pots for the first two tiers alternating every week).

But that's you playing, right? Not someone attacking you?

Muku

Hope you enjoy it! It's my favorite by a long shot, but of course I played it when it was new as a kid so nostaglia goggles and all that. I think it should hold up just fine even now though, such a masterpiece.

Thank you! I knew characters from it, and a little about it, before jumping in now. So while it's new... it's nostalgic in some weird way. I think BE has also given me an appreciation for some of these characters that I might not quite have otherwise. :) Not far, but when I get back in later today I gotta go on a leveling spree. My "just got started, now I need some levels" way to start.

And I already know the music so well just due to years and years of listening to it. Because it's hard to go wrong with listening to FF music. So even in that way there's some nostalgia there for me... despite being new.

It's weird, but I kind of like this. Old school RPGs that are still new for me. Never can get that back. The new-to-me feeling. So it's nice having some old stuff to experience for the first time.

Top Bottom