• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

I wasn't worried about the esper damage because usually that or LB getting chained in with other stuff for the overkill works but as I've failed to pull it off multiple times now, I'll definitely try your guys' method next. I thought Odin did the most damage out of what we have now, had no idea it was actually Shiva. Also wouldn't have expected this boss to be weak to ice ha So what's the best way to do this? Full break with WoL, a single Quick Trick by itself and then Garnet summon? Or would one Quick Trick kill it I wonder? No idea how much it can take since it always dies from the one volley.

Celegus

I wasn't worried about the esper damage because usually that or LB getting chained in with other stuff for the overkill works but as I've failed to pull it off multiple times now, I'll definitely try your guys' method next. I thought Odin did the most damage out of what we have now, had no idea it was actually Shiva. Also wouldn't have expected this boss to be weak to ice ha So what's the best way to do this? Full break with WoL, a single Quick Trick by itself and then Garnet summon? Or would one Quick Trick kill it I wonder? No idea how much it can take since it always dies from the one volley.

Just use regular attacks to whittle it down, that's the safest way if you're going that route. Just do one at a time until it looks good and don't bring any units with counters.

I'm so on board this new arena team. 2 Ashe 2 Tidus and Trance Terra, that beautiful 50 chain and everything explodes in one turn, evasion or not.

EDarkness

Can someone explain to me how weapon elemental damage works when dual wielding? Like, what if the main weapon has no damage type, but the second weapon is dark? What if the enemy has resistances from a certain type of elemental damage?

Syntsui

Garnet should do 40%-50% of his health worth of damage, summon it when it's past that threshold and you should be fine.

If you fail, stop torturing yourself and just close the app to try again.

Lyrian

I thought Odin did the most damage out of what we have now, had no idea it was actually Shiva. Also wouldn't have expected this boss to be weak to ice ha So what's the best way to do this? Full break with WoL, a single Quick Trick by itself and then Garnet summon? Or would one Quick Trick kill it I wonder? No idea how much it can take since it always dies from the one volley.

Incoming more WTF Gumi Logic...

Instead of fixing the fact that summons use hybrid caster calculations for damage, Alim's patch job (which Gumi copied) was to simply boost the damage modifiers of the physical espers to compensate for their bad logic. Because of power creep, and Odin being a newer esper, Odin has a very high modifier, which pretty much compensates for his bad caster stats.

If you're using WoL, just Arms Eraser the dragon and then follow-up with Light is With Us. That completely trivializes the dragon, so you can take your time with whittling him down for the solo esper kill shot.

Just use regular attacks to whittle it down, that's the safest way if you're going that route. Just do one at a time until it looks good and don't bring any units with counters.

I'm so on board this new arena team. 2 Ashe 2 Tidus and Trance Terra, that beautiful 50 chain and everything explodes in one turn, evasion or not.

Garnet should do 40%-50% of his health worth of damage, summon it when it's past that threshold and you should be fine.

If you fail, stop torturing yourself and just close the app to try again.
Ok, that's what I used to do, whittle it down and summon to finish them but had times where it didn't finish them and I was screwed so changed the strat. If Garnet does that much damage though I should be ok. I'll do that, thanks for the advice, guys! Also a great point that if I fail to finish it off I can close the app. I tried that after I finished the battle hoping it would send me back into it but it moved me on to the final cinematic stage :| The other time I stupidly had it delete the data thinking that would just be what transpired in the fight and instead I erased everything from the entire run and I had a nice gigancryst collection from that run too ;_; I try to pretend it didn't happen haha Thanks to all the advice here, I'll hopefully knock it out with the power of Garnet.

Lyrian, do you mind putting yours up for the night? I'll try to get the run in before bed as soon as it hits 90. Unless someone else needs your current shared unit in which case I can ask tomorrow. I'm confident your Garnet is stronger than mine and I don't want to take any chances if I can help it after multiple failed attempts.
Can someone explain to me how weapon elemental damage works when dual wielding? Like, what if the main weapon has no damage type, but the second weapon is dark? What if the enemy has resistances from a certain type of elemental damage?
Two different elements are bad but one non elemental and one elemental is just fine. If the enemy has a resistance to the element, you're going to do poor damage to them. At least if it's a strong trial or final event boss enemy. It's better to equip a weaker weapon without the element they resist than to use a much stronger weapon with an element they resist. I for example took Brotherhood off of Tidus for Cid and used Enhancer which is shite in comparison as a weapon for him but it worked significantly better for that encounter.

Incoming more WTF Gumi Logic...

Instead of fixing the fact that summons use hybrid caster calculations for damage, Alim's patch job (which Gumi copied) was to simply boost the damage modifiers of the physical espers to compensate for their bad logic. Because of power creep, and Odin being a newer esper, Odin has a very high modifier, which pretty much compensates for his bad caster stats.

If you're using WoL, just Arms Eraser the dragon and then follow-up with Light is With Us. That completely trivializes the dragon, so you can take your time with whittling him down for the solo esper kill shot.

Weird, guess they didn't think things through.... Good idea, that will ensure everyone stays alive and I can have Rikku use her LB to boot not that it will be necessary against that guy I think. Then again, I've never seen him attack haha Seriously, thanks for all the advice, guys!

One thing I really hate trying to fulfill mission goals is how you need to swipe down to defend. Of course the friend unit happens to sit right over the reset button. Normally it ends in them attacking and ruining the plan.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i went through my box for potential TMs and deciding what to farm.....its not that easy.
For now i went with Rikku(thx@Rixa), Olive, Shine, Leon, Rasler....yeah this will probably take months but it should be worth the effort once done.

Edit:

A Chaining question - lets say my goal was to get the elemental chain up before attacking with Olive as a finisher...which move would be better/stronger Edgars Chainsaw or Setzers Red Card ? And also would Dual Wielding make a big difference on the Chainers ? In this case Edgar and Setzer or will the Chain end between both attacks.
Wow, congratulations :) I still haven't been lucky enough to get her.

Some really good pulls in the last couple of pages!

Thanks,
yeah i was just commenting how anyone is pulling Rainbows and then it hit me as well lol.

across

So i went through my box for potential TMs and deciding what to farm.....its not that easy.
For now i went with Rikku(thx@Rixa), Olive, Shine, Leon, Rasler....yeah this will probably take months but it should be worth the effort once done.

If you're trying to gear Olive you might want to pick up a copy of Doublehand, Bartz's TM. I'd probably swap out Leon or Rasler for him, assuming you don't already have one. Bracer is really good on her too but Doublehand is more important.

The Doublehand materia doesn't stack on GL but different sources of the effect do stack, so Olive's passive + Doublehand materia + innate Doublehand on Sparky (her own TM) all stack.

cw_sasuke

If you're trying to gear Olive you might want to pick up a copy of Doublehand, Bartz's TM. I'd probably swap out Leon or Rasler for him, assuming you don't already have one. Bracer is really good on her too but Doublehand is more important.

Thanks man, i actually already have one Doublehand TM so i can skip it for now until we get another unit that benefits from it.

PS. Just looked it up....Red Card has 10 Hits and Chainsaw only 7 hits...so i guess Setzer/Red Card is the better Chaining move/unit.

Rixa

Thanks,
yeah i was just commenting how anyone is pulling Rainbows and then it hit me as well lol.

Was reading posts from last evening & night. Grats for getting awesome unit (I don't have Olive).

It has occured to me that TM farming is "never ending" thing. If you remember I started TM farming year ago. Basically been doing here and there's stuff for units, but mainly focused to one unit type at time.

- DPS done
- Mage done
- DPS2 done
- Healer done
- Tank done
- Support in the works

When I get support done, I focus to new and interesting TM's that either are for some special use or are better than earlier TM ones. Trying to do one TM item with multiple copies of unit. Like now using 4 Seven's to one Discernment which might be done tomorrow evening (started yesterday morning).

If you lack Ashe / Raisler and you have Sozhe. Think about doing Sozhe (or multiple) copies when you have "time" :D.

tuffymon

It has occured to me that TM farming is "never ending" thing. If you remember I started TM farming year ago. Basically been doing here and there's stuff for units, but mainly focused to one unit type at time.

As long as new units get introduced even our original Tm's will slowly get power crept out the door... What's crazy is the sheer difference in some Tm's that make you go... how'd this one make it through? or wow this one's so weak noone will get it outside of 21 copies >.>;

Rixa

As long as new units get introduced even our original Tm's will slowly get power crept out the door... What's crazy is the sheer difference in some Tm's that make you go... how'd this one make it through? or wow this one's so weak noone will get it outside of 21 copies >.>;

First huge example in Global was Gungir.
"Oh great spear as TM" "Lemme grind this tm"

Then comes one raid and its pouring Kain tm moogles :D.
(Glad that I never used time for Kain tm).
Now I have atleast 5 Gungirs and 1 Kain at 90% and another 70% (noticed too late that I was leveling 2 :D).

Also, I was first using 3-4x 30% mag at Ace. But then I figured its better to have more HP and slapped 3 Seal of Destructions to him. Now I have 4x30% mag unused and not sure who to slap them (I guess I should level Zyrus). Oh yeah got 5th 30% MAG by fusing dupes of Totto's :p.

As you said. New units -> New tm's that are usually "Wow" compared to "old" ones.
JP has starting to give old tm's as trial / raid rewards. Just like we got Echidna's Kiss (30% mag) as trial mission rewards.

I still have that part of mission undone. Cause well wtf I would do with 6th 30% mag :p.

tuffymon

First huge example in Global was Gungir.
"Oh great spear as TM" "Lemme grind this tm"

Then comes one raid and its pouring Kain tm moogles :D.
(Glad that I never used time for Kain tm).
Now I have atleast 5 Gungirs and 1 Kain at 90% and another 70% (noticed too late that I was leveling 2 :D).

Also, I was first using 3-4x 30% mag at Ace. But then I figured its better to have more HP and slapped 3 Seal of Destructions to him. Now I have 4x30% mag unused and not sure who to slap them (I guess I should level Zyrus). Oh yeah got 5th 30% MAG by fusing dupes of Totto's :p.

As you said. New units -> New tm's that are usually "Wow" compared to "old" ones.
JP has starting to give old tm's as trial / raid rewards. Just like we got Echidna's Kiss (30% mag) as trial mission rewards.

I still have that part of mission undone. Cause well wtf I would do with 6th 30% mag :p.

I actually sold all of my Kain's within a week maybe two of that raid happening >.>; I needed space and very few of my units could even use spears...

I wouldn't go back to fight Echidna just for that reward, but you could always equip it on units for expeditions~

across

Power creep is the nature of the game, but not everything gets overtaken, at least in a reasonable timeframe.

Blade Mastery is, of course, the gold standard here. Dual Wield is only overtaken by Genji Glove/Lorraine's TM; not everyone can use or benefits from Bowie Knife/Aqua Blade. Excalibur isn't getting topped until Steiner comes out, and it's a marginal improvement. Brotherhood, Artisan, Sparky, Fryevia's Needle are all pretty important to the characters they come on. Fixed Dice is niche as hell but I doubt anything's overtaking it within that niche.

What does get power creeped frequently are % stat TMs - MAG+30%, HP+30%, etc.. Which is why these sorts of TMs are really low on my priority list these days. This is one area where paying attention to JP is legitimately useful. I didn't TM Amarant or Guy because I was pretty damned sure Rasler was coming before I needed to worry about crazy HP totals for content. Conversely, I did TM Elle because in terms of overall survivability stats, his accessory was the best one available, even in JP, at the time I checked (I didn't pull any Cupid Artemios).

There's also stuff that is maybe technically wasted looking at the game as it is today, but was indispensable if you were playing when the content was relevant. Dualcast, here's looking at you, kid.

Rixa

I actually sold all of my Kain's within a week maybe two of that raid happening >.>; I needed space and very few of my units could even use spears...

I wouldn't go back to fight Echidna just for that reward, but you could always equip it on units for expeditions~

I think I do it (for the curiosity) when Garnet gets her 6* form.
I might add DKC and imperil the +50% dark resist to Oblivion. Just to test different things with that fight.

Something like this:

- Wilhelm
- DKC +2 enhanced
- Refia OR Roselia (if she really gets 6* + rest of enchs) or some other healer
- Ace
- Garnet 6*
- FAce

Let the Tri-Beams start the chain, DKC finish the chain and finish finish with esper (Diabolos maybe for Dark damage, if not then Odin). Ok this is just a plan, since I don't know when Garnet gets her 6* form so party can be little bit different.

cw_sasuke

Was reading posts from last evening & night. Grats for getting awesome unit (I don't have Olive).

- DPS done
- Mage done
- DPS2 done
- Healer done
- Tank done
- Support in the works

When I get support done, I focus to new and interesting TM's that either are for some special use or are better than earlier TM ones. Trying to do one TM item with multiple copies of unit. Like now using 4 Seven's to one Discernment which might be done tomorrow evening (started yesterday morning).

If you lack Ashe / Raisler and you have Sozhe. Think about doing Sozhe (or multiple) copies when you have "time" :D.

Your approach is def. the better and more efficient one, i just dont see myself farming TMs non stop unless i pull the unit that are worth the effort. For example i have like 15 Shanatoos and havent farmed a single TM for her because i dont own a Top Tier Mage and Ex-Death wasnt worth it to me.

While it takes longer im probably better off to just farm some Key TMs that let me be good enough to keep chugging along...ill never have the squad completely Premium TMed but thankfully the game provides better and better rewards from Trial bosses and Events so even without TMs you have access to alot of good stuff.

To be fair i havent done the really difficult trials yet and only cheesed through Gilga/Dark Espers...so i dont even know if my Tank/Healer are lacking. If i try some of them now and realize that my WoL keeps dying non stop i probably would be more motivated to invest in some better TMs for him.

The TM i farmed in the past were all pretty much just in case i pull the Thundergod or in general for two generic DPS/Sword units:

Once im done with this batch ill maybe start looking in finishing the TMs were i own more than 3-4 units already to get it done faster. With Gilga/Olive fully decked out ill see what i can do for WoL xD

Rixa

While it takes longer im probably better off to just farm some Key TMs that let me be good enough to keep chugging along.

Don't get me wrong. Ive always had key eq's & abilities in front of planning. Thus getting BM asap, Dual Cast asap (Refia still uses it), Excalibur asap and so on.

For you its definitely Sparky as must have (then DoubleHand if you don't have it). Focus on getting Olive as good as possible by starting with Sparky & adding DH.

After all the key items are done and if you have power & time to macro more tm's then its time to start building those _Better_than_freebie_reward_eq_tm's_ to units :).

Fry is done (for now, need equip rod) and has replaced TGC as my friend unit for the next few days. Figured id give the old man a break for a bit. Take her for a spin. Only 914 mag/495 atk as i only have one needle. She will break 1k mag when i get equip rod and give her one of my two Mateus Malice. Need about 40 more star quartz for equip rod.

cw_sasuke

Don't get me wrong. Ive always had key eq's & abilities in front of planning. Thus getting BM asap, Dual Cast asap (Refia still uses it), Excalibur asap and so on.

For you its definitely Sparky as must have (then DoubleHand if you don't have it). Focus on getting Olive as good as possible by starting with Sparky & adding DH.

After all the key items are done and if you have power & time to macro more tm's then its time to start building those _Better_than_freebie_reward_eq_tm's_ to units :).

Hah yeah, ill look into those once im done.
One thing thats great though - since Olive isnt the standard Sword Damage dealer it means that my Gilgamesh can pretty much keep all of his equipment and there isnt much overlap between those two. Excalibur, Genji Blade, Dual Wield, Blade Mastery etc. are staying on him...so once im done with Sparky i have two mayor damage dealers. My Refia also still rocks DC....so yeah i got the no-brainer TMs out of the way last year lol.

Maybe after that ill see if and how to get WoL to +10k HP....*believe*

Edit:

Just wondering....how many Lapis would it take to farm one unit TM from 0 to 100 via stamina refreshes ?

robotuw

Just wondering....how many Lapis would it take to farm one unit TM from 0 to 100 via stamina refreshes ?

Depends on how quick your macro runs, and obviously how high your NRG capacity is. An old estimate I saw was 7-8k ish with constant refreshes, done in about 3-4 days.

cw_sasuke

Depends on how quick your macro runs, and obviously how high your NRG capacity is. An old estimate I saw was 7-8k ish with constant refreshes, done in about 3-4 days.

Ouch...alright thanks, thats def. outside of my reach heh.

bonkeng

Hah yeah, ill look into those once im done.
One thing thats great though - since Olive isnt the standard Sword Damage dealer it means that my Gilgamesh can pretty much keep all of his equipment and there isnt much overlap between those two. Excalibur, Genji Blade, Dual Wield, Blade Mastery etc. are staying on him...so once im done with Sparky i have two mayor damage dealers. My Refia also still rocks DC....so yeah i got the no-brainer TMs out of the way last year lol.

Maybe after that ill see if and how to get WoL to +10k HP....*believe*

Edit:

When I had 150 nrg, 0-100 for a single unit was around 6k Lapis.

Btw, prioritize gearing your Olive as best as you can. She's still ridiculously OP when you can Shatter Shot + True Shot a boss.

Rixa

Ouch...alright thanks, thats def. outside of my reach heh.

Yesterday (whole day) I used 300 Lapis for nrg refreshes (151 nrg max) + natural nrg.
My 4 Seven's went from 0% to 6% - 8% each.

With that rate it would cost roughly 4000 - 5000 Lapis to get units from 0 -> 100% taking time somewhere between 12 - 15 days.

Obviously that is 5 units with shiny new TM's. Not bad, if you have the time & Lapis.
The faster you do it, the more Lapis you need for nrg refreshes.

tuffymon

Power creep is the nature of the game, but not everything gets overtaken, at least in a reasonable timeframe.

What does get power creeped frequently are % stat TMs - MAG+30%, HP+30%, etc.. Which is why these sorts of TMs are really low on my priority list these days. This is one area where paying attention to JP is legitimately useful. I didn't TM Amarant or Guy because I was pretty damned sure Rasler was coming before I needed to worry about crazy HP totals for content. Conversely, I did TM Elle because in terms of overall survivability stats, his accessory was the best one available, even in JP, at the time I checked (I didn't pull any Cupid Artemios).

There's also stuff that is maybe technically wasted looking at the game as it is today, but was indispensable if you were playing when the content was relevant. Dualcast, here's looking at you, kid.

Agree with the first comment.

I partially disagree with the second portion. Having multiple sources of hp materia is still worthwhile for trials/some fights even with better Amarant > Guy > Rasler... let's be honest first of all unless you whale you won't have a ton of just Rasler, and secondly hp of probably all of the stat boosts can be useful to more than just the tank... now if a 40% hp comes out that's not a 5% base drop... >.> frick...

Last one... so true, you were beautiful Dualcast, and served many uses, but becoming quite limited in this day and age...

cw_sasuke

Btw, prioritize gearing your Olive as best as you can. She's still ridiculously OP when you can Shatter Shot + True Shot a boss.

Oh just saw Scattershot....thats a great skill, poor Lightning - just when i thought her and Thunderfall could have a spot in my new team lol.
Just do events..
Plenty of free mogs.. refreshfarm tmr is for whale only
On a side note, olive lb 23..
A bit more and the. It's rikku time!

Thats what i will have to do - i dont have the Lapis for fast TM farming.
Seems like Olives LB is worth maxing as well...so ill keep her at 5* as long as possible.
Yesterday (whole day) I used 300 Lapis for nrg refreshes (151 nrg max) + natural nrg.
My 4 Seven's went from 0% to 6% - 8% each.

With that rate it would cost roughly 4000 - 5000 Lapis to get units from 0 -> 100% taking time somewhere between 12 - 15 days.

Obviously that is 5 units with shiny new TM's. Not bad, if you have the time & Lapis.
The faster you do it, the more Lapis you need for nrg refreshes.
Seven has a realy solid TM - i have like 4-5 of her.....maybe sometime in the future i can farm her TM.
Last one... so true, you were beautiful Dualcast, and served many uses, but becoming quite limited in this day and age...
DC is still a MvP skill for me an Refia...but then again all of you probably own Tillith heh.

Rixa

DC is still a MvP skill for me an Refia...but then again all of you probably own Tillith heh.

Yup. I will do 1 Discernment (goes to Rikku). I have 0 Ribbon. Kefka is ~75% will do one Ribbon some day. So I suggest, don't do more than one Discernment use em all to fast tm it. With 4 Copies I can do it in 3 Days with ~900 Lapis used.

I dont have Tilith. But if the talk (we should know today / tomorrow) is right and we actually get Roselia 6* and her missing enhancements. I will level Roselia + enhance her (but dont use LB pots to her LB).

Combined with Rikku LB, Roselia has nice LB too.

Roselia @Reddit

Roselia 6* lvl 100 ability said:
T白魔法 -- -- Use Three White Spells 白魔法を1ターンに3回使用可 100 6
Roselia LB said:
AoE ~1000 HP Heal w/ 1.8x Mod & AoE Cure All Ailments & AoE Revive with 30% HP & Self 20 MP

Roselia one +2 Enhancement said:
+100% Silence/Paralyze/Confuse Resist & Cast "プロテス(オート用)" (ST +20% DEF) & Cast "シェル(オート用)" (ST +20% SPR) & Recover 5% MP per Turn

So yup. Roselia for me is better at 6* than Refia.

Alkez

[JP] Would someone be willing to put Titan as their esper please? One of the missions in the story event is summon Titan and I don't have it yet.

Kouriozan

Daily Zidane, yesterday was Ludmilla, ehhh I already have more than enough of those already. (have 3 Dual Wield and 2 Dual Cast)
I'm actually sad we have to wait an extra day for the news >.<

Lyrian

Daily.... GOLD --> Rosa /sigh

Yup, karma is paying me back for my anniversary pulls tenfold.

At least, this can get out of the way before NieR gets here.

cw_sasuke

Daily - Gold
Hoped for Ashe but it was another WoL dupe.
Pulled Fryevia as my daily. I can't believe it.
Awesome, congrats....keep the GAF-luck Rainbow train going !!
Yup. I will do 1 Discernment (goes to Rikku). I have 0 Ribbon. Kefka is ~75% will do one Ribbon some day. So I suggest, don't do more than one Discernment use em all to fast tm it. With 4 Copies I can do it in 3 Days with ~900 Lapis used.

I dont have Tilith. But if the talk (we should know today / tomorrow) is right and we actually get Roselia 6* and her missing enhancements. I will level Roselia + enhance her (but dont use LB pots to her LB).

Combined with Rikku LB, Roselia has nice LB too.

Roselia @Reddit

She really seems better than Refia if you also have Rikku..didnt expect this from a base 3*. So are we getting her 6* version soon ? I often use Lenna instead of Refia when clearing Explorations because of the Healing LB.

So yup. Roselia for me is better at 6* than Refia.

cw_sasuke

Water is too stronk. Grats I guess :D

Edit: I have decided that Iam not hunting Ashe & Raisler. Will prolly get them later anyways. Just like having 5 Sozhes and 3 Zyrus (still 0 Xon's).

Meanwhile i have like 4-5 Xons...i swear she is in every second of my Gold appearance.

Water is too stronk. Grats I guess :D

Edit: I have decided that Iam not hunting Ashe & Raisler. Will prolly get them later anyways. Just like having 5 Sozhes and 3 Zyrus (still 0 Xon's).

...wait...how many Tidus copies do you have to not be happy about this pull ? :eek:
Congrats man lol.

You can send that Tidus luck my way

Its my first one but I dont have any room in the team for him. When i pulled for him and did not get him i wrote him off. When i was whaling it was hard to pull rainbows. Now that im not they are dropping like candy. 4 rainbows in the last 1.5 weeks lmao. Really wish i could give him to one of you.

Top Bottom