• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

I noticed that rainbows have been dropping like crazy since the 1st anniversary started.

How many rainbows have you guys pulled since anni?
Let's see minus any 5* EX tickets, I pulled:

2 Tidus, Lunera, Orlandeau, dupe trance Terra...

Zarg and Greg were my EX tickets.

robotuw

I noticed that rainbows have been dropping like crazy since the 1st anniversary started.

Bonus Queen on the guaranteed 5* (the actual guaranteed was DF)
Daily Queen
Daily Lunera

I'm...not sure how to feel about it.

Muku

Like crazy? Not really. Only Rainbows I've gotten are TT on my alt and Gilgamesh on my main. Both from the guaranteed 5* pull. Otherwise, I've been in a sea of shit. Clyne, Bedile, and Maria bullshit.

Edit: Should also note my pulls have been the same on JP. Awful, awful pulls. I've stopped doing the 1/2 daily there because I'm just wasting lapis. Todays free pull there was Sabin though. But I've been getting the same awful shit there as I do on Global. Yesterday was Clyne there. I wish I was joking. Out of all the blues.. I'm getting same shit as we get on Global.

Chinner

Banned
I've seen some people have crazy rainbow look this year. My friend pull a Tidus and Olive using 5 of the free EX tickets they got. another person got 2 rainbows with a 11 pull and like 4 rainbows in a month.

My luck has been pretty awful this year - Lighting (during Orlandu banner), Gilgamesh (can't complain) and Olive (guaranteed 5* banner). really hoping I can get 2b or something.

Did the stupid Esper kill objective before bed with my Garnet, thanks again for the tips last night. It turns out I never finished leveling Shiva due to Ramuh's release so I only had her at level 18 or 19 so I had to close the game after seeing how much damage she'd actually do but got it on the second attempt. Glad to have that moogle finally, phew. I'll remember this for next time.

Oh, Zarga makes Echidna easier? I'll definitely have to try that tonight then! I still haven't gotten around to seeing if I could straight up beat her with Tidus and Rikku in the lineup but with this tip, I should definitely be able to. I'd like to have Rikku in for auto revive and protection against petrification but I guess she's the one I should kick out to get the moogle for 5 or less units. That one award on ELT would make one less Shantotto that needs to be farmed too. Here's hoping I can beat her tonight! Then I'll just have Ultros left.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thx Rixa,

cleared Echidna with Zarga. I didnt manage to get the No Item or Esper Missions though, first half was okay but when she killed Refia and Ling in one turn i had to use Items and kill her as fast as possible lol.

But i got what i wanted....5* TM Moogle and the Assasins Vest. I will get the Tickets and Echidnas Kiss at a lter point.

I used Refia, Maxwelll, Ling, Firion + Zarga Friend.

Firion was the only damage dealer but it wasnt enough to charge my Esper bar. Refia was solid...but her and Ling were kinda weak - i can see why people invest in more defensive/support TMs now. Maxwell, Firion were great and did what they were supposed to.

Rikku probably would have helped quite a bit as well, next attempt will be with 6 units.

Pejo

Do LB's take weapon element into account, or do they ignore elements entirely unless it says "Single hit fire damage attack" etc?

I'm thinking of a finisher build with Zarg, and wondering if it's worth bringing up his LB for it, since I just finished off Tidus' to lv25.

Do LB's take weapon element into account, or do they ignore elements entirely unless it says "Single hit fire damage attack" etc?

I'm thinking of a finisher build with Zarg, and wondering if it's worth bringing up his LB for it, since I just finished off Tidus' to lv25.

I believe so yes

As long as the attack is physical it works like any other skill of its type

robotuw

Thx Rixa,

cleared Echidna with Zarga. I didnt manage to get the No Item or Esper Missions though, first half was okay but when she killed Refia and Ling in one turn i had to use Items and kill her as fast as possible lol.

But i got what i wanted....5* TM Moogle and the Assasins Vest. I will get the Tickets and Echidnas Kiss at a lter point.

I used Refia, Maxwelll, Ling, Firion + Zarga Friend.

Firion was the only damage dealer but it wasnt enough to charge my Esper bar. Refia was solid...but her and Ling were kinda weak - i can see why people invest in more defensive/support TMs now. Maxwell, Firion were great and did what they were supposed to.

Rikku probably would have helped quite a bit as well, next attempt will be with 6 units.

Congrats! I just did it too, and with the same results. Had to use a gold needle to de-stone Zarg the one turn his buff wasn't up and I didn't bother with the esper this time. Taking a full team should make it much easier next time though. Glad to finally have it out of the way.

robotuw

Those of you running Echidna

You guys doing Berserk trick or just pumping out Archadian light?

I used him more as support. Kept Archadian light up at all times and used Rejuvenate liberally to offset the mp drain so Tilith could do full heals instead of prism heals. He was also decent damage with his counters and the rare instance I had a spare turn. I even used Righteous Sword on WoL once since he had a excal on him. The whole fight was kind of a mess but at least I got through it. I hate Echinda so much.

cw_sasuke

Congrats! I just did it too, and with the same results. Had to use a gold needle to de-stone Zarg the one turn his buff wasn't up and I didn't bother with the esper this time. Taking a full team should make it much easier next time though. Glad to finally have it out of the way.

Yeah - i thought before i lose 40stam here and screw up everything ill get the 5 person team mission out of the way now and the others later. As you said with 6 units this should be much easier.

I didnt but you certainly could...though it might be a damage overkill if you are trying to charge the Esper summon.
For a safer run its probably better to use the off turns for everything else needed.

c-murph

And Echidna done!

rNg54qPl.jpg

Went in without any prep and still did it, had to deal with constant Death though. With Noctis and Tilith, that drain to 0 MP move is a joke.
Zarga strat is legit.

Yeah I join from time to time, used Yoshi's Zarg this time so thanks Doctor_No!

Oh I can cheese him with Zarga. Sweet.

cw_sasuke

Looked up Tilith....man she is good. Will we have another shot to pull for her this year ?

Pejo

What's the berserk trick?

Also, just finished playing around with the unit calc, you can make Zarg an absolute beastly full evasion unit with tons of status immunities and his own 40% element buff. The best part is that he's pretty flexible for throwing in full elemental or status immunity since he can equip every piece of evasion equipment and materia except the dagger (5%). If you're just gearing for evasion and no specific element or status, you can even get over 700 attack (Plus his 60% buffs). Really lots of upside to this unit. I couldn't be happier to have gotten one.

Zargabaath 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK+10%Evasion
Head: Imperial Helm +18ATK+15DEF+15%Fire
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+100%Poison/Paralyze+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Diabolos HP:4300 MP:6000 ATK:1500 DEF:2300 MAG:5300 SPR:3100
Total Stats: HP: 5282 MP: 317 ATK: 393 DEF: 299 MAG: 264 SPR: 241

This build makes him 105% evasion, 80% resist (at least) to ALL elements, immune to every status element except sleep, petrify, and silence (lol). If we ever got an evade+20% materia, you could make him 100% resist to all elements with Hero Shield, or throw Genji/Aegis shield on him to make him immune to death/petrify. Sleep would literally be his only weakness at that point. Charlotte's TM could be redeemed. Then literally the only thing that could kill him would be non-elemental magic or hybrid.

I expect because of this, Gumi will never ever let us have an evade +20% materia, stacking or not.

robotuw

Now that I have assassin's vest, this Lightning build will solo Gilg, correct?

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Zwill Crossblade +73ATK+5%Evasion+Wind Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Accessory 1: Safety Bit +3DEF+100%Petrify/Death
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 3: Spirit of Freedom +15%ATK+10%Evasion
Ability 4: Discernment +100%All Status Resistance
Total Stats: HP: 4878 MP: 232 ATK: 579 DEF: 224 MAG: 156 SPR: 198

You need safety bit, status ignore, light element, and 100% evasion. Then just auto attack and finish him with the LB, right? I'm going to put her up so my partner can solo Gilg but let me know if other people need her.

Lmao! Let us know how long it takes you to do the dirty work and clean everything up.

Alright, I'm done. Didn't really take that long since you can do the 10k at a time. I stopped with 400k left, and just sold them for 4 million. Stopped Moogle TM's at 10, 15 spears and 5 of each of the crown/cape. Made 5 of the petrify resist? materia, and like 50 of the other one moogle scan or whatever, and then sold everything else off. Used some Cactuars to max Lunera and Firion whom I somehow had not done so with yet. Overall with everything sold I made about 7 million Gil so not bad. Still have 100's of cactuars as I still had some from the last damn raid.

Alright, I'm done. Didn't really take that long since you can do the 10k at a time. I stopped with 400k left, and just sold them for 4 million. Stopped Moogle TM's at 10, 15 spears and 5 of each of the crown/cape. Made 5 of the petrify resist? materia, and like 50 of the other one moogle scan or whatever, and then sold everything else off. Used some Cactuars to max Lunera and Firion whom I somehow had not done so with yet. Overall with everything sold I made about 7 million Gil so not bad. Still have 100's of cactuars as I still had some from the last damn raid.

Yeah that didn't take long at all. I'll probably just sell mine off too.

cw_sasuke

Cleared the Gilgamesh Trial via Limit Burst.....yeah that was fun lol. But i got the TM Moogle.

No, but at least Ayaka is close.

Close as in 2-3 months....or this year ?
But she is 5* from what i recall...so yeah lol.

What's the berserk trick?

Also, just finished playing around with the unit calc, you can make Zarg an absolute beastly full evasion unit with tons of status immunities and his own 40% element buff. The best part is that he's pretty flexible for throwing in full elemental or status immunity since he can equip every piece of evasion equipment and materia except the dagger (5%). If you're just gearing for evasion and no specific element or status, you can even get over 700 attack (Plus his 60% buffs). Really lots of upside to this unit. I couldn't be happier to have gotten one.

Zargabaath 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK+10%Evasion
Head: Imperial Helm +18ATK+15DEF+15%Fire
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 3: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Esper: Diabolos HP:4300 MP:6000 ATK:1500 DEF:2300 MAG:5300 SPR:3100
Total Stats: HP: 5282 MP: 317 ATK: 393 DEF: 299 MAG: 264 SPR: 241

This build makes him 105% evasion, 80% resist (at least) to ALL elements, immune to every status element except sleep, petrify, and silence (lol). If we ever got an evade+20% materia, you could make him 100% resist to all elements with Hero Shield, or throw Genji/Aegis shield on him to make him immune to death/petrify. Sleep would literally be his only weakness at that point. Charlotte's TM could be redeemed. Then literally the only thing that could kill him would be non-elemental magic or hybrid.

I expect because of this, Gumi will never ever let us have an evade +20% materia, stacking or not.

You cab set the berserk status on bosses through an exploit

Damn. I am running low on Gil. Next raid I'm taking a page or two from your playbook!

Cleared the Gilgamesh Trial via Limit Burst.....yeah that was fun lol. But i got the TM Moogle.

Close as in 2-3 months....or this year ?
But she is 5* from what i recall...so yeah lol.

Wasn't the pull rate on Tillith excruciatingly low anyway? Like heading towards the rates of pulling a rainbow due to there being too many in the pool?

Alkez

Hippo's account I think is on JP rates.

It's ironic that Hippos JP account seem to be on GL rates.

Like crazy? Not really. Only Rainbows I've gotten are TT on my alt and Gilgamesh on my main. Both from the guaranteed 5* pull. Otherwise, I've been in a sea of shit. Clyne, Bedile, and Maria bullshit.

Edit: Should also note my pulls have been the same on JP. Awful, awful pulls. I've stopped doing the 1/2 daily there because I'm just wasting lapis. Todays free pull there was Sabin though. But I've been getting the same awful shit there as I do on Global. Yesterday was Clyne there. I wish I was joking. Out of all the blues.. I'm getting same shit as we get on Global.

You and me both Muku, you and me both. On GL I don't really need too much so it doesn't suck as much, but on JP I could really use more than just Shadow and Anzelm. I'm just hoping gacha karma comes around for the Nier banner.

Prototype

On the topic of Rainbows, I hadn't see a single once since December when I started my account. Rerolled for Noctis and had just been getting by, and in the last 2 months I've gotten 3 Queen, Rem, Orlando from the guaranteed 5*, and a Zargabath from a ticket trying to get Ashe - who I got a few days later from a daily.

The rates of Rainbows must be bumped up for anniversary. Get the new people/returning people hooked with the illusion of more Rainbows. I figured things will get back to normal after the free pulls are over.

Doctor_No

I think I missed that you got a Lunera. Congrats! Glad you got her!

Such a fun unit. I lover her especially in Arena, everything chains and sparks; its like watching fireworks. As its magic it can't be evaded, and its fast too, unlike dual casting Ultimas; which take forever to cast, and you have to select twice to dual cast.

forgrim

finally beat echidna after all the zarbo hints, but it was actually still hard for my team.

WoL, rikku, refia, orlando, zarbo friend

It was literally a juggling act of MP with zarbo since I couldn't use items. if i had a 6th,
i'd definetly bring ling or another mp battery since that seemed to be my biggest constraint. my first trial with rikku and what a god, hyper nulall is amazing, not to mention her lb saved me when echida killed zarbo.

Such a fun unit. I lover her especially in Arena, everything chains and sparks; its like watching fireworks. As its magic it can't be evaded, and its fast too, unlike dual casting Ultimas; which take forever to cast, and you have to select twice to dual cast.

You're making me kinda want her. I think it'll depend on what the banner (if there is one) this week is. I haven't bought lapis since March for Orlandu (which blessedly only took two extra 10+1 pulls... for a total of three). That coincided with my birthday, only cost me $15, and I don't plan on starting again. But I could toss tickets... we'll see, though.

In TM news: I should have another Arsha's Talisman and my third Quick Assault tomorrow, and then I'll work on some Ingii. I'll likely just moogle Fry to 100 if she's needed for Robot.

I've gotta work on more defensive and +LB TMs, but Fry's thirsty...

Thanks man! I rage pulled for her after a daily was my 4th Aileen. Took 6 multis so not hateful.

I just realized I really need some more equips to make my mages more powerful. I've woefully neglected them...can only get Lunera up to 700 or so.

Is her TM worth using moogles on straight up?

Rainbows since anniversary:

Trance Terra and Orlandeau on my guaranteed 5* pull
Ace from tickets

Got all 3 on the first day of anniversary

NomarTyme

I only got Rem(guarantee star) after the anniversary. Got 2 Rikkus and 3 Ashe more than made up for the lack of 5 stars. Happy to gotten Rem and great gold units.

Hey guys, not 100% positive on it yet, but how would one go about selling off an account?

I've been F2P but my account is pretty decent.

I have some good units like 2x Orlandeau w/ high level gear, Olive w/ high level gear, Rem w/ high level gear, Lightning, Ramza, Fohlen, Tilith w/ high level gear, Ling, Rikku, Reberta, 3x Chizzy, 7x Vanille, 5x Snow, 3x Gaffgorrion, 6x Ingus, 3x DW, 2x BM, Rikku Pouch, Ribbon, all important event weapons, hoarded crysts never used once, around 190% worth of Moogles, enough ATK pots to max out 2 characters and enough MAG pots to max out at least 1-1/2, 20 tickets w/ 1x 4*, 6000 lapis and lvl 113. For F2P the account is quite prepared for most future content as of now.

I love the game, but I invest way too much time. Is this something that can be done on GAF or would I need to go elsewhere?

It's linked to a dummy Facebook account and I don't want to just walk away from it and would rather get something if possible.

If not it will likely just sit here and run TM farming while at work.

Going to post my main team in a bit if anyone wants to see what I've done as a F2P. I'm quite happy with how I've done since soft launch.

Edit - Main team:

IMG_1389.png

IMG_1394.png

IMG_1391.png

IMG_1396.png

IMG_1392.png

IMG_1397.png

IMG_1390.png

IMG_1395.png

IMG_1393.png

IMG_1398.png

robotuw

I just realized I really need some more equips to make my mages more powerful. I've woefully neglected them...can only get Lunera up to 700 or so.

Is her TM worth using moogles on straight up?

I'm considering that too. Her bow isn't actually BiS for her right now, but it will be when her enhancements come (extra 100% mag and spr with bows, on top of the 50% she already has).

Guess it comes down to if you need her to have mag right now or anytime soon. Her chain move is ridiculous, but the enemy needs to be weak to light and wind. She's arguably more useful as a hp/mp battery with her song, and for that Fina's bow is a better source of spr.

Top Bottom