• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is full price up the wazoo!

Square is trying to pull off a Kojima:

Game-%20MGS2%20ZOE%20Demo.JPG

br3wnor

This isn't surprising at all. It's a handheld game being remade for next gen consoles, anyone who thought it would be less than $60 is extremely naive. Every publisher in the industry would have done this

Shahed

If I think of it in terms of paying full price for what is essentially a remaster of a single PSP game, then it seems a bit silly. Usually we'd get even more games for less money and I wouldn't touch it at full price unless i had nothing else to play

But when i look at it the other way, I've never played this game and i would have payed full price and more years ago to be able to play the PSP game. And now not only is it no longer a PSP game, or even my more hoped for version of a Vita or PS3 release. It's now a full on PS4 game so the it's coming out for the first time in my territory and the platform I'd want it most on.

With all the the desire I've put in over the years for this game to come out here on handheld, I've got no qualms paying full price for a console version on the newest generation

Zolbrod

Took this pic at the local Sofmap in Osaka.
They're taking preorders already, and apparently the Xbox One version is going to be 4800 yen as opposed to the PS4's 6800.

Wonder if we'll see the same price difference in the West, but I'm guessing not.

hSdb.jpg

Wagram

I wonder why there is a price difference in Japan. Does the Xbox version not have a FFXV demo included? or perhaps they just don't anticipate it to sell very well.

Shauni

I do think $60 is pretty steep for a HD remaster of a PSP title unless there's significant new content, but for me, it is the first time I'll ever get to play it, so it's less of an issue. Do wish they would've at least went to $50 considering what the product actually is.

Malice215

$60 for a port of 1 PSP game is crazy when ports of 2 PS2 games were $40, so basically you're spending $20 on the XV demo.

I'll probably buy this anyway, but would it kill S-E to throw the fans a bone, especially after waiting a decade for XV and not releasing a version on the Vita?

Of course it's a full price game, it's the first time being released in the west and it's not just a "port" or even an "HD port"...... they really have done an amazing hard job with it and they deserve every $$$ we pay them for it.

Shauni

Of course it's a full price game, it's the first time being released in the west and it's not just a "port" or even an "HD port"...... they really have done an amazing hard job with it and they deserve every $$$ we pay them for it.

Elaborate, what has been done to put this above the usual HD remaster?

Does anybody know if there will be a Limited/Collector's Edition for NA for Type-0 HD, and if so could you please link me to what it looks like/contains. All I'm getting is the PSP collection when I search.

I was willing to pay this price. But since they remove co-op i'm going to pass on this game now. Can't believe they are removing one of the coolest features of this game.

Top Bottom