• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII 25th Anniversary Livestream Event confirmed for June 16th (FF7R Part 2 reveal extremely likely)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hopefully they actually give us the remake of FFVII this time and not some weird meta narrative pseudo-sequel. I like FFVII Remake but did not care at all for the story changes.

And please keep Sephiroth from appearing every hour. He is better when he is only shown in bits and pieces.

K2D

Banned
-First Soldier
-Ever Crisis
-Part 1 port
-Part 2 update
-Plausable DLCs?
-More spinn-offs?
-TV mini-series?
-Card game?
-Toy lines?

YukiOnna

Who gets to decide that is Sony/SE. I doub they would reveal so soon with FFXVI under the horizon.
I don't really think Sony has any say in it unless they struck another deal since it should be title to title and it's FF's 35th Anniversary. They don't seem to have an issue announcing games early and have been saying "Part 2 is in development" or "you can expect this" for a while. If they really want to do an NA stream for mobile games, which I don't think they have until now (correct me if I'm wrong). That would be weird.
That said, you could be right, but I'm going to hurt myself and believe.

“And as for the Final Fantasy VII Remake news you’ve been waiting on, I think I’ll be able to share more this year… maybe…” Kitase said.

Final Fantasy VII Remake project creative director Tetsuya Nomura then interrupted. “You should probably be more clear,” he said jokingly.

Kitase continued, “Alright then, now that the 25th anniversary has begun, I’d like to get the Final Fantasy VII excitement going with everyone over the next year, and so I hope to share more news this year, so please look forward to it.”

Sensei

Considering that the event will celebrate the 25th anniversary of FFVII, I say it's not unlikely that a brief teaser of Part 2 will show up. IF it happens, my guess is that the trailer will be around 2 minutes long, showing a lot of CG/prerendered cutscenes with a sprinkle of gameplay footage. If the game is targeting 2023 (fall/holiday) I think they'll also share the release period. Otherwise they'll just roll with a generic "Now in development".

Sidenote: it could be a coincidence but the original FFVII Remake was announced on June 16, 2015 - exactly 7 years ago.

The big announcement is that they are launching a Final Fantasy VII Remake Café...

Joking aside, I'd love for them to announce FFVIIR2, not by showing a trailer, but by launching the OST.

GHound

Gold Member
Console/PC port of First Soldier :messenger_angry:
Crisis Core port :messenger_unamused:
Remake part 2 reveal :messenger_smirking:
It's coming in 2095 :messenger_pouting:

beetle juice its show time GIF

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
just started part 1 and loving it. seems like i might have picked the right time to start playing it. hopefully part 2 isn't too far away :)

I hope part 2 is the last part can’t wait long grueling yrs for part 3 or 4 if theres one.
lmao part 1 only came out 2 years ago. part 3 will be 2024. it's really not a grueling wait. i doubt there will be a part 4. even if there is it'll likely be 2026 so it'll come this gen. still hardly grueling.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

It's good to know at least somebody in here has some sense. It's happening and all the clowns in here saying otherwise will be eating crow next week.
I always believe. No way they stream for mobile games and a port on top of telling everyone to be excited.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I don't feel it.

Chukhopops

Hopefully they actually give us the remake of FFVII this time and not some weird meta narrative pseudo-sequel. I like FFVII Remake but did not care at all for the story changes.

And please keep Sephiroth from appearing every hour. He is better when he is only shown in bits and pieces.
You already know you’ll meet him during the Kalm flashback, race against him in the chocobo racing mini game, do a dance-off against him in the Junon parade, have a date with him in the Gold Saucer and fight him at least four times including once as Zack in the alternate timeline.

SSfox

I always believe. No way they stream for mobile games and a port on top of telling everyone to be excited.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I don't feel it.

This. They may make some whatever announcement during those 10 minutes but there has to be at least one brand new big exciting reveal

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

If they keep Aerith alive we riot.

Considering that the event will celebrate the 25th anniversary of FFVII, I say it's not unlikely that a brief teaser of Part 2 will show up. IF it happens, my guess is that the trailer will be around 2 minutes long, showing a lot of CG/prerendered cutscenes with a sprinkle of gameplay footage. If the game is targeting 2023 (fall/holiday) I think they'll also share the release period. Otherwise they'll just roll with a generic "Now in development".

Sidenote: it could be a coincidence but the original FFVII Remake was announced on June 16, 2015 - exactly 7 years ago.

Zero chance it's 2023. 2024 feels right but I could see it slipping to 25.

Dis

That was 7 years ago?!
Dude wtf. Cant time just.. wait for a moment?!

Its like the more years you’re alive. The lesser time feels. I dont know how to say this. But its like if you havent eaten all day and you eat a cracker. Its soft airy salty. If you eaten a whole buffet. The fuck is this dry ass cracker?!

Same with time??!? This applies to time?!? Why didnt anybody tell me?!
When you’re 15 3 years seem like for everrrr
When you’re 28 Its a fucking joke.

Man life hits me like a truck sometimes.
7 years.. what a nice moment that was.

PS. Do you all remember that day?
There was a thread on Neogaf at that time saying what “unicorn” games like FF7 Remake would you like to see? I remember Verendus too. TLG Shenmue and FF7 in one go. Good times.

Sry for rant kthxbye xx

YukiOnna

Zero chance it's 2023. 2024 feels right but I could see it slipping to 25.
They have 3 major titles in development with FFVIIR-2, KH4, and DQXII. Out of all 3, I think FFVIIR-2 will come first given KH4 was intentionally announced early as stated by themselves, and DQXII was just a logo when it was revealed. Since FFXVI is mid 2023, FFVIIR-2 might be the following year.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I remember their stream for FF 30th Anniversary.
They just chaffed shit for 15mins

Go_Ly_Dow

Would be great to see something in-game, as last year they said they had some footage of Cloud in a field or something that they weren't allowed to show.

March Climber

Gold Member
Hopefully they can squeeze in a little more footage or further explanation of FF7 Ever Crisis. I'm really curious about it.

1280x720.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Ever-Crisis-Release-Date.png

22_01_17_1ccbc94bac5cb96f6264a0217c9bb9fe_690-1.jpg

RCU005

All you will get it hey we’re working on it

It's going to be a teaser as useless as Kingdom Hearts 4 only to officially announce it. However, everybody will be extremely happy that they officially know what hey already have known for year. (which is that the game is going to be released but still don't know when)

March Climber

Gold Member
It's going to be a teaser as useless as Kingdom Hearts 4 only to officially announce it. However, everybody will be extremely happy that they officially know what hey already have known for year. (which is that the game is going to be released but still don't know when)
What if...

The entire first 2 hours of the game is you playing in modern day with alternate timeline Zack then it cuts back to Cloud. They could just show Zack gameplay to confuse everyone.
like Roxas from KH2

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: K2D

Boss Mog

So 24 hours away, what do you guys think it's gonna be?

1) "We're working on it"
2) CG teaser trailer
3) A short trailer with some gameplay
4) A long trailer with lots of gameplay and a release date

I'd like a trailer with some gameplay but since I'm a bit pessimistic, I'll go with a CG teaser trailer. I'm convinced they will show something though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom