• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

UnrealEck

Hey, I didn't forget. I tried recording in 1080p but I got a ton of frame drops while doing so. Best I could do is 720p and for whatever reason MSI Afterburner no longer has the OSD tab when I go to settings so I could display the fps.

If you use Shadowplay you won't get any framerate drops.
Which version of MSI Afterburner do you use?

Kanokare

Hm... are there no Warrior Goddess backgrounds from 13-2?

Edit: Oh yup there is one. Just rare

U8721VM9p9C2v1o6cKJ4qEnGqnE7IoTQgZI-VTdwyTBeimAcIoxXpgK8bPeslY9pPJIvB5IWW2-452kaM8heLSRgleGBr7dIxe94bPEv2eGoX1l16OFOBjbiFkPU0DSWeL6ulwE2ZcIsc0-hxpwZ7NdUUZ95SOI0xqpvzQ

Thoraxes

No need for 4K. I'd just like to be convinced the game can run at 60 FPS during battles.
Shadowplay will work fine at 1080p and it captures RivaTuner's overlay too to show GPU/CPU usage and framerate.

Thanks again.
I got you. I'll be home from work in about 6 hours, I'll post in here around then with some screens in battle.

I think part of the problem was I was using fraps, lol. Forgot Shadowplay existed because only in the past 30 days did I get a video cad capable of using it, heh.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
I wanted to put this in the other thread, but this is for the lurkers. S-E is selling the first game FF13 for $6.40 again

http://store.na.square-enix.com/sto...oryId.57606100/parentCategoryID.#.VItbOIDnnIX

Sorry for the ignorance, but if I purchase it through SE do they give me a Steam Key? I know it says requires activation through steam and all...but it could have funny business going on like FFVII did on steam with a SE account or something iirc?

Oh nevermind...I just realised it's only $6.40 for the US. It's $18 for Australia. GJ SE. Don't sell it to me for a reasonable price like the Americans ;_;

Teletraan1

Banned
After installing FXIII again. Getting it to run fairly stable except for a few strange dips here and there and a cutscene freeze where the game kept going in the background in the 5 hours I put in today, I think i'm in on this. I am officially a sucker. I just want to play this game since it and LR are the only 2 FF games I have never beaten/played.

Gvaz

Banned
Yes?

Why does she need to exist for it to be hateful? What if someone has a personality similar to the fictional character that you just called "worse than shit"? Fictional characters can represent many different things to many different people. Try not to be so quick to dismiss theses things.

Because she's fake. She's not real. Saying this character is worse than shit does not reflect on people who have similarities to her. If you're thinking I am, then you're being overly defensive for no reason because im not talking about real people.

serahsass

Neo Member
Saying this character is worse than shit does not reflect on people who have similarities to her.
Yes it does. You can't have it both ways. There are 2 options. These personality traits make a person "worse than shit" or they don't. Whether the person in question is real or not is irrelevant. If Lightning was real would she suddenly become not "worse than shit?"

ryan0991

Banned
Because she's fake. She's not real. Saying this character is worse than shit does not reflect on people who have similarities to her. If you're thinking I am, then you're being overly defensive for no reason because im not talking about real people.
What traits make her worse than shit? And why are those traits suddenly not as bad on a real person?

UnrealEck

What they said isn't open for interpretation. "Noel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit > lightning" can only mean one thing.

You seem to be handing onto it with an iron grip. Perhaps it was a slight exaggeration. Regardless, what does it matter? It's a fictional character and before you repeat yourself, I've already read the previous explainations on how you think it affects real people who may have similarities with the fictional character.
They don't like the character, they think it's a boring character and as you've kindly reminded me with a quote of, the character is worse than shit.
To me, it's a very trivial matter that you and the other person are taking a bit too seriously.

FF XIII-2 Album (54 new screenshots)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/javiercc/sets/72157649724807135/

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7465/15983162356_a87fa0c650_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7535/15823186957_d863a0d7f2_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7575/15389312713_6a57476fb0_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7489/15823180817_bedb35601a_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8659/15983151476_c964070b12_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Holy Jebsus, this game looks fantastic!

serahsass

Neo Member
You seem to be handing onto it with an iron grip. Perhaps it was a slight exaggeration. Regardless, what does it matter? It's a fictional character and before you repeat yourself, I've already read the previous explainations on how you think it affects real people who may have similarities with the fictional character.
They don't like the character, they think it's a boring character and as you've kindly reminded me with a quote of, the character is worse than shit.
To me, it's a very trivial matter that you and the other person are taking a bit too seriously.
It's too late for them to claim it's hyperbole unless they want to back out entirely.They already argued with me on grounds that it's not hyperbole Not that it would be much better even if it was.

I knew somebody would eventually tell me I'm taking it too seriously. It's not a trivial matter to me. It's really big deal to me. I take this very seriously. Only somebody who doesn't understand would tell me I'm taking it too seriously.

Gvaz

Banned
I guess i don't understand why you're taking a video game character so seriously, like i dont understand why you're defending her so resolutely.

mcz117chief

Can I make a tiny request ? Can somebody make me a 1080p (1920X1080) screenshot of New Bodhum at night with the Cacoon in the background (no hud please) ? I would really like that as one of my wallpapers, pretty please with cherry on top ?

if you do, I will buy you a small game on steam :)

serahsass

Neo Member
Can I make a tiny request ? Can somebody make me a 1080p (1920X1080) screenshot of New Bodhum at night with the Cacoon in the background (no hud please) ? I would really like that as one of my wallpapers, pretty please with cherry on top ?

I have a few 4K screenshots with Cocoon in the background at night. I took those when I was taking countless screenshots of Serah.

Thoraxes

I can't get 60FPS with shadowplay, however I could take a screenshot. I'm not too far in the game. When I start recording it automatically goes down to a locked 30.

So from reading the last page, this performs like crap too? I don't know how Squeenix can't get this right.

I think XIII performed better, imo. Probably due to the more linear nature of the game though. Really damn easy to get 60FPS on XIII-2, where it seems really hard to do so with XIII-2.

serahsass

Neo Member
Are there any mods or costumes in the picture ? I would like vanilla costumes if at all possible.
I have many pics with Serah in her default outfit. Here's an example of one.

7b37c1eb38.f.png

If you want a shot with Serah not taking up so much of the screen, I can take more. Also the URL to that pic keeps changing every few hours and I don't know why.

mcz117chief

I have many pics with Serah in her default outfit. Here's an example of one.

7b37c1eb38.f.png

If you want a shot with Serah not taking up so much of the screen, I can take more. Also the URL to that pic keeps changing every few hours and I don't know why.

The links don't work, mate. Maybe try imgur ?

I really appreciate your effort though :)

ff13-2 seems to clean up nicely with proper image quality, it looks really good.
I played it on ps3 but the beauty was hidden under the awful console image quality

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ohh, there's rain in Academia 400 too, I totally forgot.
I bet it will look like crap for me too. Ugh.

Haroon

After playing the game for a bit more, I have realized that the reason why my fps drops to 30 is because when I look out into the field. I am able to get 60 fps while I am in the interior section, or if I am staring at the ground. But when I am looking out into the beach, it drops to 30.

The game in battles is staying at a steady 60. I don't know what is causing the framerate to drop to 30 while looking out in the beach though. At first I thought it were the enemies, but after being in a battle against them, I have concluded that it is not the enemies that are causing it. Something... Is causing the drop within the sea. If anyone is interested in a video of it, I can provide a video of it.

I knew that was coming. So predictable. You have nothing so you played the "she's not real" card. Hate is still hate whether the person in question is real or not.

There are many real girls with Lightning and Serah's personality. When you insult them you're indirectly insulting girls like them. Many times I've seen a fictional character get insulted only to have it offend a real person because they have a lot in common with that character.

People can develop a strong emotional attachment to fictional characters. People like you tend to think that's weird and stupid, but it's not. You demonstrate a complete lack of understanding when your response is basically "she's not real, you're stupid."

This is the greatest thing I have ever read and sums up GAF perfectly.

Ugh this FPS is rotten - fluctuates from 15 to 60. And I can't even downsample the game without it crashing to desktop right away.

Kazdane

Not sure if any of these are what you're looking for. I took them when going through that part of the game :)

And if you do use it, no need to buy me anything!

komorebi

Wow, not sure how you were able to get a solid 60fps during battles. Every time I pressed the Paradigm Shift button frames would tank to 45~ and then go back up, bouncing around depending on how many spell effects were going. I have an i7 4770k and a 770.

burgerdog

Nice. Thanks for this. I'm convinced now.
Do you have FFXIII? If so, do you get 60 FPS in battles in that game too?

Wow, not sure how you were able to get a solid 60fps during battles. Every time I pressed the Paradigm Shift button frames would tank to 45~ and then go back up, bouncing around depending on how many spell effects were going. I have an i7 4770k and a 770.

Yea, FF13 runs at a solid 60fps too.

Haroon

For those that are having a difficult time getting the game to stay at 60fps, try these settings:

Game Settings:
Shadow Resolution: 4096x4096
Anti-aliasing: x16

Nvidia Control Panel Settings:
Anisotropic filtering: x16
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Triple buffering: On
Vertical sync: On

These are the settings that helped me achieve 60fps in battles, and in closed areas during the open world gameplay. If you are not able to get 60 fps with the settings that I provided above, try reducing the Shadow Resolution to 1024x1024, and see if that helps.

komorebi

For those that are having a difficult time getting the game to stay at 60fps, try these settings:

Game Settings:
Shadow Resolution: 4096x4096
Anti-aliasing: x16

Nvidia Control Panel Settings:
Anisotropic filtering: x16
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Triple buffering: On
Vertical sync: On

These are the settings that helped me achieve 60fps in battles, and in closed areas during the open world gameplay. If you are not able to get 60 fps with the settings that I provided above, try reducing the Shadow Resolution to 1024x1024, and see if that helps.

I'm trying these settings now but I have something weird going on that I didn't experience before. The gameplay is 30fps but menus/loading screens are 60fps. I turned off RivaTuner so I don't know wtf?

EDIT: nvm I figured it out but I can't maintain 60fps. It dive bombs when turning the camera outside.

Top Bottom