• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

Kanokare

Man I really need to get Lightning from the Colosseum. When can I do that? Is it different in this port?

Supposedly all the DLC stories and colosseum fights are after you beat the game. Only a few things like costumes are unlocked beforehand.

Nimby

Banned
So if someone called Serah an annoying, shitty character, you'd take it personally?

The fuck is this? Can't we just get along?

Anyway, I want this very badly, but I am a NEET with a shitty-ass school laptop. Those screens look fucking gorgeous.

Teletraan1

Banned
Okay guys, anyone here getting framerate problems with DVI ?
I'm wondering if it could be related to HDMI...

On XIII I was getting a problem where the picture would freeze but the game would continue in the background over HDMI after a few minutes but with no difference in settings I was solid over DVI. I was getting freaked out that my videocard was toast but then I realized I was playing a SE PC console port. After playing different games all day with no issue I put XIII on again and it did the same shit over HDMI but not on DVI. Every other pack of mobs has a save so it isn't a huge deal but it is still annoying.

EDIT: I think I fixed it. Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: was set to multi display performance mode. Switched to Single for this game. No strange freezes after a few hours.

cafemomo

Game forums aren't the place for anything deeper than discussions about Serah's bikini and even that's a risky topic these days considering all the belligerent #SJW nutcases waiting for a chance to make a fool of themselves.

It's actually about ethics what costumes Serah should wear in Final Fantasy

white mage costume that is wonderfully handcraft made from the finest chocobo feathers from ivalice > cheapo bikini she probably got in a bargin bin at urban outfitters

komorebi

It's actually about ethics what costumes Serah should wear in Final Fantasy

white mage costume that is wonderfully handcraft made from the finest chocobo feathers from ivalice > cheapo bikini she probably got in a bargin bin at urban outfitters

I switched to the White Mage outfit for a change and I dig it. Bikini wins for obvious reasons but White Mage is cool. Them boots, man.

Its a shame we didn't get all the outfits though. It always annoyed me that the outfit menu has like 20+ empty spaces but its even worse knowing we'll never get the others.

serahsass

Neo Member
I switched to the White Mage outfit for a change and I dig it. Bikini wins for obvious reasons but White Mage is cool. Them boots, man.

Its a shame we didn't get all the outfits though. It always annoyed me that the outfit menu has like 20+ empty spaces but its even worse knowing we'll never get the others.
Style and Steel has always been my favorite from her XIII-2 outfits. I really wish her original XIII outfit was usable. It's definitely my favorite overall. She's beautiful regardless of what she's wearing though :)

cafemomo

Toriyama's secret upcoming game is probably a "dress up your favorite final fantasy character". You can outfit Serah in any bikins all you want

plus side to a "game" such as that is that yuffie & rikku can finally have some decent outfits so they don't look like a homeless person

negative to that is how much Square would probably charge for costume dlc.

then again, i'd probably buy them all since they manged to get
$11
from me in
all the bravest
just so I can get lightning so they practically have my money no matter what

ryan0991

Banned
So if someone called Serah an annoying, shitty character, you'd take it personally?
Something wrong with that?

Toriyama's secret upcoming game is probably a "dress up your favorite final fantasy character". You can outfit Serah in any bikins all you want

plus side to a "game" such as that is that yuffie & rikku can finally have some decent outfits so they don't look like a homeless person

negative to that is how much Square would probably charge for costume dlc.

then again, i'd probably buy them all since they manged to get
$11
from me in
all the bravest
just so I can get lightning so they practically have my money no matter what
I'd still buy it.

Adaren

Style and Steel has always been my favorite from her XIII-2 outfits. I really wish her original XIII outfit was usable. It's definitely my favorite overall. She's beautiful regardless of what she's wearing though :)

This makes too much sense. >< I can't believe they never did it.

synce

So this game's been on my backlog for years now.. I finally give it a try now that it's on PC and honestly can't understand how anyone can consider this better than FF13. I feel like 13-2 only exists to bank on people attracted to pink haired anime girls, or whoever bought 10-2.

I mean I'm about 3 hours into it and have burst out laughing several times at just how bad everything is, from Sarah's character to the music to moogles transofrming into swords. WTF is happening to this series?

I'll give them credt the dungeons are a little more interesting with the addition of optional quests but the time travel nonsense makes the entire world feel disjointed and uninteresting. The Chrono series handled it much better.

serahsass

Neo Member
So this game's been on my backlog for years now.. I finally give it a try now that it's on PC and honestly can't understand how anyone can consider this better than FF13. I feel like 13-2 only exists to bank on people attracted to pink haired anime girls, or whoever bought 10-2.

I mean I'm about 3 hours into it and have burst out laughing several times at just how bad everything is, from Sarah's character to the music to moogles transofrming into swords. WTF is happening to this series?

I'll give them credt the dungeons are a little more interesting with the addition of optional quests but the time travel nonsense makes the entire world feel disjointed and uninteresting. The Chrono series handled it much better.
Who is Sarah?

Kanokare

Amuse me a little and explain how Serah is a bad character and what music track you didn't like? I actually thought Serah (and Noel) were great in this game and were affectionate about what they wanted to achieve.

komorebi

Even better would have been a bonus Steam-only outfit from LR. I haven't played the game yet but I do know
this isn't Serah
? Even so this would have been awesome.

LRFFXIII_Lumina_Render.png

Hear that Square? That's the sound of a wasted opportunity.

I don't understand the people on Steam forums saying that it's still resolution locked and that the options are just 720p upscaled. Do these people even think? And now they are complaining to Square about a feature that's already there.

Bio

2014. Everybody loves FFXIII and XIII-2 now.

I knew I wasn't wrong years ago!

I think it's more that a lot of the haters of them are just done worrying about it so you don't hear from them as much but yeah, still a good feeling~

Kanokare

I think it's more that a lot of the haters of them are just done worrying about it so you don't hear from them as much but yeah, still a good feeling~

A lot of people were also trying to compare it to the 'glory days' of Squaresoft and left dissatisfied. Square can't cater to just the original fans; they gotta work on the new gens as well and that's a pretty tough job when you have a name to live up to. I think they went alright with FFXIII and stepped it up with XIII-2. XIII-3 was hit or miss for me though because of all the side quests. Still a good game though because of its battle system and character progressions.

ryan0991

Banned
What... you're really going to act like the series just now added some more "silly" elements? A moogle transforming into a sword is what did it for you?

OTs are generally positive to begin with (that's how I got tricked into buying and playing Star Ocean 4) and this is an OT for a PC rerelease. I still think both games are mediocre at best.

Welp... I can get the game running at a near locked 30 (the dips seem more like load stuttering or something). @1080p and 4k shadows this is a way better experience than on the ps3.

I'd like 60fps... but at least it is a major improvement.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't understand the people on Steam forums saying that it's still resolution locked and that the options are just 720p upscaled. Do these people even think? And now they are complaining to Square about a feature that's already there.

People like to talk stuff they don't know anything about.

Stet

Banned
Yeah people really need to take into consideration that they might hurt the people who designed her imo. Maybe Nomura based Lightning on someone he knows, or took inspiration from someone he knew to design her. Yeah makes you think doesn't it.

Uhh, that's criticism. If a professional gets upset over someone insulting their creation they have two options: choose a less public-facing career or make better creations.

Parsnip

I think it's more that you can excuse some designs decision, bad writing and whatnot when the game is 10$ or whatever. For 60$ game it's not so easy.

cj_iwakura

All three FFXIII games weren't.

!!!

Which I recall irking me. If you don't like the game, why put in that kind of effort?

For the record, I think XIII is vastly superior to XIII-2(2 is much easier and isn't self-contained, XIII is totally resolved by the end), but it's still a great game.

DMiz

Looking to pick this up when it drops in price just a little bit more - though, knowing the Square tax, that isn't ever likely.

It does have the honor of featuring my second-favorite protagonist in the entire FFXIII 'saga', Noel Kreiss, who is just awesome.

First will always be Sazh. Always.

Levyne

Banned
I haven't installed the game yet, but do you need to run Gedosato or is the resolution fine?

You can use DSR/VSR too (or I imagine even a custom res). As much as I like gedosato, I kept getting (infrequent) crashes when using it with XIII so I've tabled it for now.

ryan0991

Banned
Yeah. It's not normal to be so connected to a character that you take insults against them personally. Our lives are already filled with stress and hardships. We don't need to shoulder the lives of fictional characters.
What is "not normal" in this case? Not like you? Not like what you're used to?

If someone felt incredibly touched by a character and felt really connected to them, then why wouldn't they take it personally when someone insults that character? You're insulting something that is extremely dear and important to them. At the very least it's a deal breaker as far as getting along goes. He's certainly not hurting anyone else because of this connection to Serah. He's not hurting himself. In fact, he says that it made him a better person. Who are you to say that it's "not normal"?

Maybe you should get to know the person before you judge them. I might have agreed with you at one point, but I happen to know him very well. So I have the benefit of a deeper understanding of this type of thing. I know he can stick up for himself, but I felt like weighing in on this.

komorebi

Yeah. It's not normal to be so connected to a character that you take insults against them personally. Our lives are already filled with stress and hardships. We don't need to shoulder the lives of fictional characters.

Are we still on this?? Get out of here with that "normal", "our" and "we" shit. Anyone who champions the "normal" argument loses credibility because its a wet noodle attempt to enforce one's personal beliefs on another person and passive-aggressively belittle them for not adhering to, at best, a herd mentality. If you're going to do this then at least start naming specific people here and directly insult them for not being your clone.

2014. Everybody loves FFXIII and XIII-2 now.

I knew I wasn't wrong years ago!

I loved XIII-2 from day one. I still have mixed feelings about XIII though....

Top Bottom