• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

komorebi

Speaking of Her Majesty, remember when she looked like this?

image.php

I think this was back when the game was first announced and everyone was starry-eyed with Hope and excitement for FFXIII.

CorvoSol

But you didn't explain it. I want you to explain why Serah is so bad when she is serious. All I did was ask you to explain your opinion. If you don't want to, then fine, but I didn't think it was too confusing.

All you did was ask me to elaborate, and I did. You didn't specify what you wanted elaborated, and it isn't my fault if you don't elaborate on what you needed elaborated on.

Parsnip

But you didn't explain it. I want you to explain why Serah is so bad when she is serious. All I did was ask you to explain your opinion. If you don't want to, then fine, but I didn't think it was too confusing.

I haven't played 13-2 yet, but if the writing is on the same level as it was in 13, I can definitely see how that could happen.
Most of the writing in 13 was quite terrible and was only made tolerable by the mostly good voice cast.

ryan0991

Banned
I haven't played 13-2 yet, but if the writing is on the same level as it was in 13, I can definitely see how that could happen.
Most of the writing in 13 was quite terrible and was only made tolerable by the mostly good voice cast.
Well I don't disagree that the writing could get really corny at times. But 13-2 had less of that, imo.

Levyne

Banned
I finally just got far enough to have the weird raining effect (yeah, haven't really been playing). Was there a solved work around for that?

dramatis

There are many real girls with Lightning and Serah's personality. When you insult them you're indirectly insulting girls like them. Many times I've seen a fictional character get insulted only to have it offend a real person because they have a lot in common with that character.

People can develop a strong emotional attachment to fictional characters. People like you tend to think that's weird and stupid, but it's not. You demonstrate a complete lack of understanding when your response is basically "she's not real, you're stupid."
Out of curiosity, have you met these many real girls with the personalities of Lightning and Serah? Your obsession with Serah suggests a different story altogether.

People do get emotionally attached to fictional characters. However, labeling someone as a hateful person because he expressed extreme distaste for a fictional character you love is ridiculous and farfetched. A fictional character does not hold the same weight as a real human being. It is weird and stupid to equate them because it suggests a perverted sense of values, where a fictional character could be worth the same as a living human being.

Jeels

While the writing is generally less corny, the flip side is that XIII-2's story makes *much* less sense than XIII's (and that's saying something).

Exactly. Dont get your hopes up when it comes to xiii2. One of the reasons I was happy when it was first announced was because I thougjt wed get some clarity on the originals story. With how it tosses xiiis stoey aside and introduces so many nonsensical elements they may as well have been different games.

Thoraxes

So how do I get GeDoSaTo working with this?

I can use the launcher to get 4k with my PC monitor, but since my TV will only support up to 1080p (and I can't force it higher), so I have to use the tool as a workaround if I want to play it on my TV.

NVM, I got it.

HeelPower

Thanks.

worse. It shuts down my computer and the fps being slow. but my computer is old as hell though.

hmm Debating whether I should I buy it..I mean my PC isn't the best and I expect a remaster on PS4 next year(which SE will give serious attention)

Despite these dialogue choices not affecting the game, I have fun with them:

Noel and Serah are so cute together. hehe.

I actually forgot the dialogue choices exist..

And yes they were a fun addition in the game.

And yes Noel-Serah is a good couple...SE artificially stopped the relationship from happening just because they wanted to keep forcing serah and snow..Noel and Yeul

Noel barely asks about Serah in LR..Despite the highly tragic ending in XIII-2

hmm Debating whether I should I buy it..I mean my PC isn't the best and I expect a remaster on PS4 next year(which SE will give serious attention)

I want it too, but I rather they take their time and make a good REMASTER ala X/X-2 .It'll probably come out before XV. hohoho

And yes Noel-Serah is a good couple...SE artificially stopped the relationship from happening just because they wanted to keep forcing serah and snow..Noel and Yeul

Serah's lost. It's like a typical senerio: dreamy mysterious guy suddenly appears and ask for her help and trust while her finance is out and about.They go on a grand adventure and help each other in their times of need. Let's really give Snow something to mope about.

Yeah
a bit, but at the end. He was too filled with the Yuel rage to bother before

*Smacks forehead*
Of course I click on the XIII-2 ending spoiler when I'm at the final area.
61/160 and about 20+ hours currently.

More spoilers
Not that it wasn't hinted at earlier. Still...

onken

Argh totally forgot about this - and 1080p as standard?? And so cheap?? Christmas has indeed come early.

ryan0991

Banned
Going to start my 4k screenshot collection later today. Hopefully I can get tons of great 4k screenshots.

Argh totally forgot about this - and 1080p as standard?? And so cheap?? Christmas has indeed come early.

Don't get too excited. Game runs like moldy elephant ass.

Ruff

Just finished.

Of all things, I'm very much in love with Caius's voice. It has a very KH1 Ansem mixed with Thor sound to it,

Distant past style character trust into a futuristic world.

Heh, I found that humorous considering that city is actually 300 years in the past for him.

Levyne

Banned
I had forgotten about the goofy "Limit Break!" boss theme.

It's stupid...yet fun. That damn tomato wailing at you while some vocalist is going DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT is too absurd to not be enjoyable.

The whole soundtrack is colorful, varied, pretty damn great.

ryan0991

Banned
I had forgotten about the goofy "Limit Break!" boss theme.

It's stupid...yet fun. That damn tomato wailing at you while some vocalist is going DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT is too absurd to not be enjoyable.

The whole soundtrack is colorful, varied, pretty damn great.
Yeah, people take stuff like that too seriously. It's supposed to be a lighthearted moment. Maybe those are the same people that get so upset at "Crazy Chocobo". It's supposed to be stupid. Final Fantasy pretty much always had those goofy moments.

The soundtrack is just all around great.

Sectus

Okay, so I had given up on the file format in FF13-2, but someone linked me to a tool which can decrypt and encrypt the filelist files, so I spent some time to figure out how the FF13-2 container format works. It is super similar to the format in FF13, but it has a few bizarre differences which ended up being a bit of a hassle to figure out.

I haven't done extensive testing, but I think my tool can now extract and repack the files in FF13-2. But people will need an additional program for decrypting and encrypting the filelist files. You can find that tool here: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=90451#p90451

My updated ff13tool is here: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ff13tool.rar
And source code for my tool: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/source/ff13tool.rar

ryan0991

Banned
Okay, so I had given up on the file format in FF13-2, but someone linked me to a tool which can decrypt and encrypt the filelist files, so I spent some time to figure out how the FF13-2 container format works. It is super similar to the format in FF13, but it has a few bizarre differences which ended up being a bit of a hassle to figure out.

I haven't done extensive testing, but I think my tool can now extract and repack the files in FF13-2. But people will need an additional program for decrypting and encrypting the filelist files. You can find that tool here: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=90451#p90451

My updated ff13tool is here: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ff13tool.rar
And source code for my tool: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/source/ff13tool.rar
Great work! Really appreciate having someone around that's willing to figure this stuff out.

komorebi

Yeah, people take stuff like that too seriously. It's supposed to be a lighthearted moment. Maybe those are the same people that get so upset at "Crazy Chocobo". It's supposed to be stupid. Final Fantasy pretty much always had those goofy moments.

The soundtrack is just all around great.

That and the "-2" games
(all both of them)
have been historically lighthearted and intentionally for the fans. Its where the hair gets let down a bit, sometimes literally.

IMO there's only three questionable tracks in XIII-2. Limit Break and Crazy Chocobo are too hilarious to hate on. But Unseen Intruder is just plain bad. Thankfully the NA/EU versions got an instrumental version. Its actually a great song without those horrific lyrics.

Kanokare

I'm 50 hours in and still haven't left New Bodhum. Sound track is too good
and because I'm waiting for a more stable frame rate like I have now on FF13 so I just stay in New Bodhum and tab out to do other things.

Another set, i'm still trying to complete the game...

Cool :D

Is this edited in any way not possible without third parties? Game looks amazing for screen shots.

Toth

I actually forgot the dialogue choices exist..

And yes they were a fun addition in the game.

True but
he has had 500 years to brood over causing her death, the world to be ruined, and Yuel. Poor guy

Top Bottom