• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

UnrealEck

Oh my god I had never actually seen a scene while hearing the moogle's voice acting. It is so cute I want to cry ;_;

I rented this game on PS3 and I played it for about 30-45 minutes before sending it back. One of the reasons was the voice acting and the dialogue in the game. I suppose it's far too Japanesey for me. Too 'kawai' or whatever the kids call it these days.
I couldn't stand it.

Playing at 4k/60fps with the 8xxx shadows selected.

I set my CPU to max energy performance, GPU to single display max power performance, and the SSD to enhanced performance.

Would you be willing to make a short video of the game (including some battles) running with RivaTuner overlay showing GPU and CPU usage and framerate?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I rented this game on PS3 and I played it for about 30-45 minutes before sending it back. One of the reasons was the voice acting and the dialogue in the game. I suppose it's far too Japanesey for me. Too 'kawai' or whatever the kids call it these days.
I couldn't stand it.

"Japanesey"? More like cringe inducing.

The absolute worst of toriyama's writing skills in my opinion before LR topped it. Even FFX-2 isn't as bad

Parsnip

So, what do you guys think the ratio of beachwear Serah to all other Serah costumes is going to be in screenshots?

And does Noel have costumes without hammer pants?

Levyne

Banned
When I watched someone play this when it came out, they wore the N7 armor the whole time. It's going to be weird seeing the characters in the default or other outfits.

Final-Fantasy-13-2-Costume-DLC-7.jpg

serahsass

Neo Member
So, what do you guys think the ratio of beachwear Serah to all other Serah costumes is going to be in screenshots?

I already have 2 GB of 4K screenshots of Serah. Some in her default outfit and some in her bikini.

Thoraxes

Would you be willing to make a short video of the game (including some battles) running with RivaTuner overlay showing GPU and CPU usage and framerate?
I'll try to remember that for when I get home! Had kinda a long day at work though, so I don't know if I will tonight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can't help but notice that many people who share performance info have their GPU usage capped at 50%. This has to be a bug on SE's part.

I dont know about 13-2, but FF13 with the patch, its only using 50% of my cards in SLI aswell. still getting 60fps so I dont care, but still

Frumix

Suffering From Success
In contrast to FFXIII where original dialogue flows way better than the localization, XIII-2 is just ridiculously written and is much improved in localization, like for example, Noel keeps going prey this prey that (because he's a hunter, geddit?), when a monster attacks Serah at the beginning he goes "Back off, she's my prey!". You what, dude?

That's one thing I'm glad localization changed.

I tried using the file extractor for XIII to extract from XIII-2, but it doesn't work. The file formats and names are identical for both games, so I'm thinking all it would take is a minor edit for it to work in XIII-2. Here's the tool I'm referring to.

http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ff13tool.rar

Damn, and after the news that the N7 gear isn't coming in, I was ready and raring to crack this thing wide open..

Argh. we need some proper devs on the case.. who wants to start a Bounty for a modding toolkit?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Academia, yes, please.
So did no one else encounter the horrible rain effects in Bresha? Because I don't remember it looking that bad on consoles.

Kaisos

The absolute worst of toriyama's writing skills in my opinion before LR topped it. Even FFX-2 isn't as bad

Toriyama isn't credited with writing the scenario for any game he's directed. You're thinking of Daisuke Watanabe, who has also written for Kingdom Hearts and the original Dissidia.

Blame (or praise) him for the insanity of this series.

Sectus

I tried using the file extractor for XIII to extract from XIII-2, but it doesn't work. The file formats and names are identical for both games, so I'm thinking all it would take is a minor edit for it to work in XIII-2. Here's the tool I'm referring to.

http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ff13tool.rar

Someone gifted me the game and I'll take a look when it's downloaded. But I was able to take a glance at the filelist files in FF13-2 and they're completely encrypted or compressed, which was not the case in FF13.

Hmm for whatever reason most of my prompts are keyboard keys even though im using a controller. Also did people every figure out how to fix the issue with gpus not running at full with FFXIII?

Spiegel

Hmm for whatever reason most of my prompts are keyboard keys even though im using a controller. Also did people every figure out how to fix the issue with gpus not running at full with FFXIII?

Go to options and change the prompts. Keyboard prompts is the default option.

Ruff

What the hell is with the 1920x1200 option in this game. I just started and the game looks blurry as heck on the beach, I even quit out to double check the resolution didn't reset on the launcher.

TheTrain

What the hell is with the 1920x1200 option in this game. I just started and the game looks blurry as heck on the beach, I even quit out to double check the resolution didn't reset on the launcher.

Soft IQ + DoF on the horizon [Low quality but better than XIII] + godrays, on the beach some camera angle have a lot of blur due to the post process. It's true 1080p

Haroon

I know that it's been less than a day since it's been out, and it's silly to ask a question like this one. But... Has anyone figured out the cause for the fps being stuck at thirty, but it changes when you're in menus? Sorry, my curiosity is getting the best of me.

Meowster

Is this basically the same as the original XIII port? Is it better optimized? I could barely play it but I'll double dip if this one is better.

Thoraxes

Lol the rain and fog effects in the first real area brought me down to 30FPS lol. The dream is dead.

However, if I go down to 1080p it's still a locked 60 with zero issues. I'll get that program soon.

Have some screens taken at 4k down to 1080p.

Top Bottom