• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

That's exactly how it was on the consoles. The game itself is better but it looks and performs worse. FF13-3 continues this trend (except Dead Dunes <3).

I mostly mean how blurry it is. I have everything cranked up via my control panel and it has so manny jaggies still. Plus im running it at 1440p; Running most games at that resolution usually means I dont need a lot of aa in my games but thats not the case here.

I mostly mean how blurry it is. I have everything cranked up via my control panel and it has so manny jaggies still. Plus im running it at 1440p; Running most games at that resolution usually means I dont need a lot of aa in my games but thats not the case here.

You are facing the 1440p bug then.

komorebi

I capped the frame rate to 30fps and it reminds me of my first playthrough on 360. Compared to its PS3 counterpart the 360 version had a consistently higher frame rate and was a much better experience overall, for me. The rain looks like electric piss which is hugely annoying but at this point there's nothing to be done about it. Its a terrible port all around with problems that apparently will never be addressed, if XIII is any indication.

But damn it, this game is still one of the great JRPGs and the soundtrack is goddess-tier. I never bought the original Mog costume DLC so being able to put the little guy
?
in a pirate outfit is a great bonus. Serah will stay in the bikini for the remainder of the game, of course.

Eyothrie

Weird, the launcher still launches even after I check the "Do not show this window again" box

Anyone know of a fix for this? I want to bypass the launcher completely since I've already picked my settings. The damn thing launches every single time, and the "Do not show this window again" checkbox is checked.

komorebi

Anyone know of a fix for this? I want to bypass the launcher completely since I've already picked my settings. The damn thing launches every single time, and the "Do not show this window again" checkbox is checked.

I noticed this too. Annoying as balls since I'm playing in BPM for easy screen shots.

The weakest out of the trilogy but it had some gems.

Agree to disagree but I think LR is the weakest of the three... with that said, its still fantastic. The entire trilogy is great.

I extensively played both console versions. I got FPS drops in both pretty frequently, but I thought the PS3 version ran better.

I find this weird because you're not the first person to say this. I've seen it said frequently and I couldn't believe it when I tried the PS3 version over the summer. Outside of battles it ran much worse than the 360 version. At least overall because both versions did have drops. I still wonder if its because I played the 360 version on a 24" monitor and the PS3 version on a TV... shouldn't have anything to do with it though.

serahsass

Neo Member
I capped the frame rate to 30fps and it reminds me of my first playthrough on 360. Compared to its PS3 counterpart the 360 version had a consistently higher frame rate and was a much better experience overall, for me. The rain looks like electric piss which is hugely annoying but at this point there's nothing to be done about it. Its a terrible port all around with problems that apparently will never be addressed, if XIII is any indication.

But damn it, this game is still one of the great JRPGs and the soundtrack is goddess-tier. I never bought the original Mog costume DLC so being able to put the little guy
?
in a pirate outfit is a great bonus. Serah will stay in the bikini for the remainder of the game, of course.
I extensively played both console versions. I got FPS drops in both pretty frequently, but I thought the PS3 version ran better.

I would say the soundtrack is goddess-tier, but it's better than that. It's Serah-tier.

I noticed this too. Annoying as balls since I'm playing in BPM for easy screen shots.

Agree to disagree but I think LR is the weakest of the three... with that said, its still fantastic. The entire trilogy is great.
I absolutely love the entire trilogy, too. From an objective standpoint, in terms of the amount of work and polish put into each game, LR is the weakest and XIII is the strongest. XIII-2 is my personal favorite for obvious reasons.

Parsnip

Yup this was the problem thanks for the link. So this is a new bug in FFXIII as well because it was just patched today? Seems to be affecting me there as well but it wasn't as obvious as it was in FFXIII-2.

I believe the bug was there if you used GeDoSaTo with 1440p, 2880p etc. Multiples of 720p or something like that.

Vanilla ff13 didn't have it since there was no arbitrary resolution support. :p But now with the patch, the bug is there as well. Which is kind of nuts.

No money or I'd have already bought this just because I'm going to have to get the trilogy on my PC... So close to having a complete FF collection on Steam... I'd have never imagined that day.

Here's hoping the VI port will be based from SFC or th GBA version.

who am I kidding, it will be based from the Android/iOS

I have FFVI on Android... it's really not that bad. People make it out to be unplayable... it just takes a little while to get used to the art style.

cafemomo

I have FFVI on Android... it's really not that bad. People make it out to be unplayable... it just takes a little while to get used to the art style.

the sprites is whats preventing me from getting that version.

I mean, damn, even All the Bravest looks more appealing to the eyes.

oh well, at least its more playable than the PS1/PSN version I suppose

ss_lemonade

Don't the mobile 2d FF games run at a lower framerate like 30fps? I know, framerates may not matter much in this case but wouldn't that make the games feel slower or more sluggish?

Redmoon

Forgot this was releasing this year, still need to finish the first one. Kudos to SE for adding in graphics options. Looking forward to more FF 8K goodness

Haroon

Well, I gave this game a shot, and I was hit with the thirty fps. I could run XIII at 60 smoothly, but this one likes to lock at 30 unless I am in a menu screen. My hardware should be more than capable of handling it.

5820k @ 4.6Ghz
GTX 770 OC'd
SSD

Well, I gave this game a shot, and I was hit with the thirty fps. I could run XIII at 60 smoothly, but this one likes to lock at 30 unless I am in a menu screen. My hardware should be more than capable of handling it.

5820k @ 4.6Ghz
GTX 770 OC'd
SSD

Seems like the SE tradition lives on in the PC versions in terms of performance...13>13-2>LR

komorebi

The music in this game is unreal.

I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

7MW7QOK.gif

Thoraxes

5820k @ 4.6Ghz
GTX 770 OC'd
SSD
I have a 5820k @ 4.0
MSi gtx 970 gaming 4g
Samsung Evo 840 250gb
8 gb ddr4 ram at 2800
latest game ready Nvidia drivers
windows 7
I updated my GPU to the mv186 fw and my mobo is a gigabyte ud4 x99 running on f9c bios. I did a bunch of the typical optimizations to increase performance.

Playing at 4k/60fps with the 8xxx shadows selected.

I set my CPU to max energy performance, GPU to single display max power performance, and the SSD to enhanced performance.

tmtyf

so i heard running borderless fullscreen helps the fps with gedosato but i cant seem to make it work :( game wont start if i change it from false to true.

Teletraan1

Banned
so i heard running borderless fullscreen helps the fps with gedosato but i cant seem to make it work :( game wont start if i change it from false to true.

I think it is broken in the current release. Durante said earlier he was running an unreleased version that has it working. Hopefully it makes it into the wilds.

jose1

EDIT: Would those who are getting consistent 60 FPS mind posting info about their setups? You must all have something in common.

Seems that the GTX 970 is the common denominator. Thoraxes has it and gets 60fps. I have it and I got 60 on XIII, and will update this post when I finish downloading XIII-2 soon.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Oh my god I had never actually seen a scene while hearing the moogle's voice acting. It is so cute I want to cry ;_;

iGeodude

I haven't played FFXIII-2 since I got the platinum trophy for it on PS3. I forgot how amazing the opening sequences are.

BasilZero

Here's hoping the VI port will be based from SFC or th GBA version.

who am I kidding, it will be based from the Android/iOS

I'm hoping its the iOS/android version.

Simply because I've already played the SNES, PSX and GBA versions about a dozen times lol.

Edit: Yes I agree with the music being goddess-tier :p - I have the entire OST on my iTunes!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Extra chapters DLC is apparently only available after clearing the main game.
Which makes sense in some way I suppose.
I guess Coliseum should've been available as soon as you get to it in the story but you can rush to the final boss long before you obtain most of the fragments anyway. Eh.

I can't help but notice that many people who share performance info have their GPU usage capped at 50%. This has to be a bug on SE's part.

Haroon

I have a 5820k @ 4.0
MSi gtx 970 gaming 4g
Samsung Evo 840 250gb
8 gb ddr4 ram at 2800
latest game ready Nvidia drivers
windows 7
I updated my GPU to the mv186 fw and my mobo is a gigabyte ud4 x99 running on f9c bios. I did a bunch of the typical optimizations to increase performance.

Playing at 4k/60fps with the 8xxx shadows selected.

I set my CPU to max energy performance, GPU to single display max power performance, and the SSD to enhanced performance.

Hmm, I don't know why you're able to do get 60 fps, and mine appears to be locked at 30 unless I go into a menu screen. I have my CPU set to max energy performance via power settings, and gpu is overclocked view EVGA. I think some type of a setting within my Nvidia control panel might be causing it to drop to 30?

Adaren

Extra chapters DLC is apparently only available after clearing the main game.
Which makes sense in some way I suppose.

That makes about a thousand times more sense than unlocking it from the start.

The only reason it was unlocked instantly before was because it was paid content, so putting restrictions on it would rub people the wrong way. I'm actually pretty impressed that the dev team put the effort into changing this; it shows some consideration on their part, even if they aren't the world's best graphics programmers.

Thoraxes

Hmm, I don't know why you're able to do get 60 fps, and mine appears to be locked at 30 unless I go into a menu screen. I have my CPU set to max energy performance via power settings, and gpu is overclocked view EVGA. I think some type of a setting within my Nvidia control panel might be causing it to drop to 30?
It may be possible. I recently did a clean installation due to getting a new SSD (because my old one died).

Top Bottom