• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII | The Official Import Thread

~Kinggi~

Banned
neoism said:
Man, I'm sooooo happy I decided to read reviews/opinions for this game. I was originally going to go in completely blind, but I'm really glad I didn't. If I had my hype would have been way too high, and I'd more than likely been disappointed. I do love the battle system from what I've seen in youtube vids, and all the reviews posts have helped a lot. This game is still my most wanted though.
Also importers of Final Fantasy games are a bit more critical i've noticed, even moreso if Japanese isn't their native language. I mean Final Fantasy 12 was initially bashed to hell for being an MMORPG clone with no side quests and only monster hunts, and when i play that game im always impressed by its scope and what IS actually in the game.

So im hoping FF 13 is the same case.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
7Th said:
FFXIII was relatively free of contrived plot-devices, though. They just forgot to SHOW very important parts of the story in the game itself.

Oh, I agree. In FFXIII's case, the background story is more complicated than the actual plot. The mistake lies in shoehorning questionable characters into a plot while trying to maintain some kind of anti-dualistic viewpoint on one hand and character's motives on the other. As you so mildy put it, they "forgot" to show us vital plot elements, but also, a lot of background info is lost on the way.
The least they could do is give us some flashbacks from when Fang & Vanille used to live together so that we might "feel" their connection a bit better. Also, I would have wanted a bit more info on Cid and Rygdea.
Some more background to back up the characters would have probably lifted the scenes that were shown. The ideas are clearly there, they just made the odd choice of leaving too much to the player's imagination.

Bebpo

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
This appears to be an unfortunate side-effect of the "summons are like party members" trend. :/

Yeah.

At least in XIII they have some uses though. In XII it was like...whyyyyyy :( One thing nice about summons in XIII is that when your party comes back they are revived and all status effects removed. It's a good mega-elixer in that respect.

The main problem is 3TP is way too much because it takes a while to get that back. You don't want to use your TP because you need it for Libra. Duckroll had a good idea about you should start every battle with 0TP and as the battle progresses your TP builds up like a limit break meter. So then for longer battles you'd hit 3TP and be able to do summons without a longterm disadvantage.

Maybe the international version will do something about them...

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Bebpo said:
The main problem is 3TP is way too much because it takes a while to get that back. You don't want to use your TP because you need it for Libra.

Yeah, well, there's always Libra scope for that, if you have any. I personally found full cure to be the most useful TP ability.

Zoe

Bebpo said:
The main problem is 3TP is way too much because it takes a while to get that back. You don't want to use your TP because you need it for Libra. Duckroll had a good idea about you should start every battle with 0TP and as the battle progresses your TP builds up like a limit break meter. So then for longer battles you'd hit 3TP and be able to do summons without a longterm disadvantage.

But your TP does build up during battles?

Mandoric

Banned
Zoe said:
But your TP does build up during battles?

No, it regenerates after every battle based on clear rank.

I think summons would have been a lot more useful if they had slightly more power. Odin is regularly outdamaged by the HLR/BLA combo he replaces, and I'm not even endgame yet. Not wiping would be nice too, as would being able to select a battle member's rather than only using leader's. As it stands now, the main draw is that summon is the default menu option and easier to panic button than scrolling to find FullCure.

duckroll

I think summons would be a lot more useful if they actually provided benefits you cannot get from any other normal party character. Even if they made summons stronger than they are now, I wouldn't be motivated to use them, especially since the break meter resets after a summon leaves. For boss fights that makes it totally useless unless I'm certain I can break the boss with the summon AND maximize damage with driving mode within that period of time. And for non-boss battles there's no reason to use a summon anyway.

I think what might have been cool is if they actually bothered to implement a good growth system for the summons to make them feel more like a full gameplay system instead of "summon this thing which MIGHT help you in battle". If I could actually make a summon learn new skills, get stronger, etc while using it, it would be a good motivating factor if only for completion's sake.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed the game had no summon duels where each player character would square off against a rival villain l'Cie and fought 2 on 2 battles with character+summon. Such a waste of the lore, especially after the Nautilus FMV. :(

dramatis

duckroll said:
Also, I'm kinda disappointed the game had no summon duels where each player character would square off against a rival villain l'Cie and fought 2 on 2 battles with character+summon. Such a waste of the lore, especially after the Nautilus FMV. :(

I agree...
we could have had some crazy playable mech battles like an aerial dogfight between Fang and Yaag or something but obviously those would be quite contrived and make the story even worse. :lol

Mandoric

Banned
duckroll said:
I think summons would be a lot more useful if they actually provided benefits you cannot get from any other normal party character. Even if they made summons stronger than they are now, I wouldn't be motivated to use them, especially since the break meter resets after a summon leaves. For boss fights that makes it totally useless unless I'm certain I can break the boss with the summon AND maximize damage with driving mode within that period of time. And for non-boss battles there's no reason to use a summon anyway.

I think what might have been cool is if they actually bothered to implement a good growth system for the summons to make them feel more like a full gameplay system instead of "summon this thing which MIGHT help you in battle". If I could actually make a summon learn new skills, get stronger, etc while using it, it would be a good motivating factor if only for completion's sake.

Yeah, meant to type "if it didn't wipe break meter". Raw strength would've at least made it useful as something to pull out during a break, though; as it stands now, with Light as my usual leader, Odin only usually stays out in situations where I'm too lazy to switch between healer/whatever and blaster/blaster on NPCs as fast as the battle demands.
I do really agree with the last bit.

Zoe said:
No, I've noticed that it does regenerate during long battles. Very useful for Full Cure.

If you're the only one that's noticed this--and I've had a couple bosses rage because I turtled for 20 minutes--then the rate is waaaaaaaaay too low.

Bebpo

Banned
Mandoric said:
If you're the only one that's noticed this--and I've had a couple bosses rage because I turtled for 20 minutes--then the rate is waaaaaaaaay too low.

I've noticed it too, but the regen rate is minuscule.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
In terms of summons, the only time I ever used them in past games was KotR in FF7 because it's insane and Eden in FF8 because you can boost. Other than that, espers or eidolons or summons have been pretty useless in most of the mainline FF games. The summons in FFTactics are probably the most useful and amazing looking. Still, I've used Odin at least 4 or 5 times to get out of a tricky regular mob fight, or to get an easy break/party reset on a boss fight. Could summons be better? Sure..but..when were they ever really good..

As for the TP bar, it does regenerate in battle as you do damage. As others said, it's great for a clutch full cure.

And last, the story...does no one remember 12? Even though it's the FF I put the most hours into, it is still by far the worst story in the FF series. But 12 is so fun to play that people are willing to overlook that. So why are people hating on FF13 when the story is clearly better than 12 AND it's just as fun, if not more fun to play. I agree that there's a ton of backstory that isn't simply a part of the actual game, but I've found the autoclip fun to read when I'm in the mood for that. It's way better than cramming in MGS style 40 minute cutscenes to explain everything.

Zoe

Mandoric said:

I just did a mission and watched the bar move up pretty quickly. You can use up whatever TP you would have gained after the battle during the battle.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the plot sounds very Final Fantasy. Heaps of potential wasted on a ponderous, uninteresting, dragged out second act that ultimately leads to a totally unsatisfying final act that doesn't make good on the potential displayed in the opening act, instead choosing to introduce what amounts to a whole lot of nonsense.

Who wrote FFXIII, and what else has he/she written?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rez said:
the plot sounds very Final Fantasy. Heaps of potential wasted on a ponderous, uninteresting, dragged out second act that ultimately leads to a totally unsatisfying final act that doesn't make good on the potential displayed in the opening act, instead choosing to introduce what amounts to a whole lot of nonsense.

Who wrote FFXIII, and what else has he/she written?

Toriyama and Watanabe.
Toriyama wrote FFXII: Revenant Wings.

Watanabe did a lot of stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisuke_Watanabe

7Th

Rez said:
Heaps of potential wasted on a ponderous, uninteresting, dragged out second act that ultimately leads to a totally unsatisfying final act that doesn't make good on the potential displayed in the opening act, instead choosing to introduce what amounts to a whole lot of nonsense.

It's more like other way around, actually. If the opening act had been completely different, the final act would have been much, much better. It suffers from flaws different from those in your usual FF game, IMO.

CloudV

Good review there Kagari. We're definitely finding a consensus on certain things. Especially the flaws in the battle system towards the end game with casting priority, along with the lack of being able to switch party leader in battle, as well as "extras" in missions.

7Th said:
The problem with FFXIII's storytelling is that it was perhaps a little too ambitious in its vision. I enjoy games with rich backstories and coherent lore, but after a while there was always a backstory to a backstory to a backstory and then suddenly you realize that the initial backstory the game spent so many hours developing was completely irrelevant compared to a much bigger backstory and then the game is already at its climax and you feel like you haven't seen anything yet.

I totally agree with this statement. Which is a shame, because there is so much you could focus on, but they just don't. I guess the idea was to show how "regular people" could be pulled into an overlooming story. Unfortunately it was just a little too much by then.

7Th has got me interested in the light novel, so I think I'll pick it up this week. Heading back to the states for a bit so I'll have a couple of 12 hour flights to read it.

As for the TP, I believe there is a couple of items that increase the amount of TP that charges in battle. One specifically I recall was that you got an increase when defeating enemies.

I honestly never used summons aside from Odin a couple of times. To this day I haven't summoned anyone elses, though I've been meaning to use Vanille's because I want to see her go bang bang. When I did summon it was generally by accident too, as I want to move over to Full Cure but accidently hit the summon button. Kind of frustrating that you couldn't re-arrange your icons. Whenever I'd get a pre-emp strike I'd be like "come on hurry up" when trying to move down to command > right, down select quake > execute. In a battle where seconds can literally make you lose a 5 star ranking it would have been a little nice to be able to adjust the commands.

Sadly, I've not gone back to the game after beating it to continue on with the missions... I've gone back to the broken mess of MW2 along with Darksiders now. Plus I managed to snag a KH PSP bundle so will be playing that now.

As an aside, I heard that Versus is a seperate world? I was completely under the impressed that the whole Fabula Nova Crystalluswhatsthis? project was all centered around the same world, like the Ivalice project. That was one of the reasons why I would be able to forgive some of the emptiness, and lack of background stories and locales being explained because I thought Versus would be the same world, albiet in a different era. Hearing that it's not is a bit of a disappointment. Still looking forward to Versus, but now to see more or less which is deserving of the main FF13 title.

In the long run, I stick with the statement I made the other day "In the end, FFXIII comes across as a fantastic experience indeed. The world it paints is beautiful, but empty. It makes you wonder why Gran Pulse is the way it is, what the ruins you come across were, where the legends you hear come from, and makes you ask more questions than you get answers. It boldly takes steps forward, for the sake of evolution, and brings a lot to the RPG, and cinematic gaming experience. This comes at the expense of standard RPG concepts; your hand is held, your growth is capped per chapter, and there’s no where to go but forward. This makes FF XIII a one way experience, and there’s little to make you want to go back and do it all over again. "

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
CloudV said:
Good review there Kagari. We're definitely finding a consensus on certain things. Especially the flaws in the battle system towards the end game with casting priority, along with the lack of being able to switch party leader in battle, as well as "extras" in missions.

I totally agree with this statement. Which is a shame, because there is so much you could focus on, but they just don't. I guess the idea was to show how "regular people" could be pulled into an overlooming story. Unfortunately it was just a little too much by then.

7Th has got me interested in the light novel, so I think I'll pick it up this week. Heading back to the states for a bit so I'll have a couple of 12 hour flights to read it.

As for the TP, I believe there is a couple of items that increase the amount of TP that charges in battle. One specifically I recall was that you got an increase when defeating enemies.

I honestly never used summons aside from Odin a couple of times. To this day I haven't summoned anyone elses, though I've been meaning to use Vanille's because I want to see her go bang bang. When I did summon it was generally by accident too, as I want to move over to Full Cure but accidently hit the summon button. Kind of frustrating that you couldn't re-arrange your icons. Whenever I'd get a pre-emp strike I'd be like "come on hurry up" when trying to move down to command > right, down select quake > execute. In a battle where seconds can literally make you lose a 5 star ranking it would have been a little nice to be able to adjust the commands.

Sadly, I've not gone back to the game after beating it to continue on with the missions... I've gone back to the broken mess of MW2 along with Darksiders now. Plus I managed to snag a KH PSP bundle so will be playing that now.

As an aside, I heard that Versus is a seperate world? I was completely under the impressed that the whole Fabula Nova Crystalluswhatsthis? project was all centered around the same world, like the Ivalice project. That was one of the reasons why I would be able to forgive some of the emptiness, and lack of background stories and locales being explained because I thought Versus would be the same world, albiet in a different era. Hearing that it's not is a bit of a disappointment. Still looking forward to Versus, but now to see more or less which is deserving of the main FF13 title.

In the long run, I stick with the statement I made the other day "In the end, FFXIII comes across as a fantastic experience indeed. The world it paints is beautiful, but empty. It makes you wonder why Gran Pulse is the way it is, what the ruins you come across were, where the legends you hear come from, and makes you ask more questions than you get answers. It boldly takes steps forward, for the sake of evolution, and brings a lot to the RPG, and cinematic gaming experience. This comes at the expense of standard RPG concepts; your hand is held, your growth is capped per chapter, and there’s no where to go but forward. This makes FF XIII a one way experience, and there’s little to make you want to go back and do it all over again. "

Same mythos, not same world. All three games revolve around the concepts of crystals or something like that. The best way to think of Versus XIII is an 'alternate vision' of XIII.

This sums it up nicely:

"The development of the three games was started at the same time and we gathered to try and find a common platform to stand on and try to build from. But since then, we've been working completely independently of each other. Each game is evolving in its own direction and take place in separate worlds with their own main characters. There exists basically no cooperation between the different teams. I wouldn't even want to claim that we communicate with each other."
—Motomu Toriyama

"The only similarity between the games that you can find is in the vague crystal theme."
—Tetsuya Nomura

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You know, I just noticed something, and I really hate the Chocobo running animation. It doesn't have any weight.

I'm also really disappointed that the enemies do not have any death animations, and instead disappear in black ooze or whatever. Watching them perish was one of my favourite things about FFXII, since it gave them a lot of personality.

CloudV

Kagari said:
Same mythos, not same world. All three games revolve around the concepts of crystals or something like that. The best way to think of Versus XIII is an 'alternate vision' of XIII.

This sums it up nicely:

"The development of the three games was started at the same time and we gathered to try and find a common platform to stand on and try to build from. But since then, we've been working completely independently of each other. Each game is evolving in its own direction and take place in separate worlds with their own main characters. There exists basically no cooperation between the different teams. I wouldn't even want to claim that we communicate with each other."
—Motomu Toriyama

"The only similarity between the games that you can find is in the vague crystal theme."
—Tetsuya Nomura

Ahh, I see, thanks for the clarification. In a way, the vague crystal theme is something you could compare most other FF games as... Hell, just call versus FF15 then. Kind of disappointing then, as they've created a pretty in depth world, but due to the linearity and ending, it'd be hard to see them do more with it aside from a prequel.

WYWY

I'm still in chapter 5, though I'll add some comments.
Kagari said:
The first 10 chapters of the game can be completed in 20 hours or so.
As mentioned I'm in chapter 5 and I've clocked 20 hours. The whole "time to complete" thing games is a very uncertain thing. Some want to gun though. Some take their time.

limited AI control. Within the Optima Change system you can set each character to specific roles, but you cannot set priorities within each role. For example, say I set one character to the Enhancer role which consists of abilities such as Haste, Shell, etc. Instead of automatically casting Haste at the beginning of the battle, you sometimes have to wait until several other buffs have been cast. But I wanted Haste first... too bad, you can't do anything about it.
I'll consider this a minor problem. The AI does what's is supposed to do very well. Members automatically cast spells that the enemy is vulnerable to. I was impressed when I noticed an Attacker casting Ruin spells instead of attacking physically - because the AI knows the enemy is resilient to physical attacks.

As an Enhancer gets more abilities this is the role you'll want to control manually. You may want to prioritize protective buffs instead of haste if you know you're facing a long fight - the enemy is going to take a long time to take down anyway - might as well protect the party first. Then sometimes you only want physical buffs for one character, and magic buffs for another, and both for another. Then for some instances you want to prioritize protection, while for others you want to prioritize attacks when it's possible to get a high rank. Summary: given all the different strategies for different situations, you might as well make the Enhancer the party leader and control him/her manually.

And as a personal preference - Enhancers are more fun to control than Attackers, Blasters and Healers. (At least up till chapter 5) With these roles you select the same actions round-after-round, plus the AI is already very competent with them.

No comments for Jammer and Defender yet.

Zoe

Chapter 12 opening... :O

I spent a loooooong time in chapter 11. Probably 15+ hours...

Ch 11 side-quest question:
Does Vanille's toy ever tell you anything other than ride Atomos to get to other places?

Mandoric

Banned
WYWY said:
And as a personal preference - Enhancers are more fun to control than Attackers, Blasters and Healers. (At least up till chapter 5) With these roles you select the same actions round-after-round, plus the AI is already very competent with them.

No comments for Jammer and Defender yet.

Honestly, I like being a bit more active, but what really annoys me about HLR/ENH is that you can't even do things like select target. Even a throwaway 0-damage "kill this now" ability would be really useful sometimes.
(Realistically, I'd really love to be able to play HLR or ENH like a streamlined FFXI WHM or BRD, but I understand that's not what they were going for.)

DEF is a tough one, because the AI is really inefficient. It loves to queue up a whole AP bar of anything that even -might- be resisted, and isn't very smart about choosing guard types or keeping hate, but the battle system runs too fast to do it efficiently manually. Even with player control, you're best off just cancelling and then rerolling the auto select. Plus, guaranteeing that the player's the first to go down is just kind of dumb.

... Also, the more I think of DEF, the more I really hate the lack of tactical motion. I know Snow's probably enough of a dudebro to harbor secret fantasies about both sisters at once, but he really need to stop getting the attention of a mob with a nasty AoE and then wandering up close enough to smell my perfume and pat my ass. Stop kiting by giving mobs a move speed boost or draw in or just making cramped battle screens, don't make success or defeat against many mobs purely a matter of whether the AI decides to dodge left or right.

Shouta

Uncontrollable position really is annoying for sure. AoE based attacks that may or may not hit everyone but I can't control where I put my defender? ugh. Interestingly enough, that was one of my complaints about FF12.

Mandoric

Banned
Shouta said:
Uncontrollable position really is annoying for sure. AoE based attacks that may or may not hit everyone but I can't control where I put my defender? ugh. Interestingly enough, that was one of my complaints about FF12.

At least in 12 you could control it by focusing that character, or by focusing the others and shepherding them out of the way. Here, well...

I guess the best example would be mission #29, I think?
The first time you're supposed to fight Juggernauts. The first one sequentially after you visit Oerba. Unlocking the mission was a breeze, because Light decided to hide under its left arm where she took one hit from the fire spray and completely avoided the cannonball. The actual mission one, 100k CP later, I went into with a power smoke and a preemptive attack and wiped a couple times because she just stood straight in front of it, usually right next to Snow while he defended.

I'd be cool with AoE that hits everyone, or that hits based on position in lineup, or that hits based on recent actions. The problem is that here it's an idle animation put in to look cool that ends up having actual gameplay effects, and the one way I've found to occasionally avoid it by exploiting an equally unintentional cool-looking attack animation that's only available in one optima to one character.

WYWY

Looked through some JP wikis for help on summons, since common opinion is that they aren't too useful.

Summary so far:

- Because of the high TP cost, may want to grind a bit to build up the TP when you know you are reaching a boss. Enemies on large maps do regenerate if you backtrack. Consolation is that you get drops and CP.

- The summon can resurrect the character, but this reduces the gauges.

- Invulnerable in driving mode - hit the enemy all you want.

- The summon's final attack has 3 power levels. The higher the drive gauge is before activating driving mode, the higher level the final attack is. The highest level is only activated if the drive gauge is max when activating driving mode. Unless I'm reading wrong, this final level can break the 99,999 limit.

- Which all boils down to a single strategy - the whole game is to drive the drive gauge as high as possible. Enemy is totally free for you to toast once you engage driving mode.

- Which raises another question - how to drive the gauge up?

- Someone suggested that the method to drive the gauge up may be similar to how the initial summon battles are won.
Suggest healing and enhancing the summons.

So anyone who has already cleared the game interested to try this out? If the drive gauge is so difficult to drive up then yup, the summon mechanic isn't too useful.

KTallguy

Banned
Summon is useful for getting that extra oomph you need to finish off a tough enemy, IMO. It's not a cure-all like the other FF games. And they look really cool, so I'm glad the TP system controls how often you can use them, or they would get boring quickly.

I've been waiting a long time to ask this question. I've seen a bit of versus talk so im gonna just go ahead and ask it.

Why are so many of you excited for FFversusXIII? I dunno man...Nomura let me down with KH2's design. I guess if i had to rephrase my question it would be this: what makes so many of you confident that versus will be a great product?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
IAMBEEFLESS said:
I've been waiting a long time to ask this question. I've seen a bit of versus talk so im gonna just go ahead and ask it.

Why are so many of you excited for FFversusXIII? I dunno man...Nomura let me down with KH2's design. I guess if i had to rephrase my question it would be this: what makes so many of you confident that versus will be a great product?

Modern fantasy. And impressions from KH PSP have me even more hopeful and ready to see Nomura's dream game.

I specifically wanted you to answer :lol. Okay. I'm glad you didn't think i was trolling or anything like that. Is the game scheduled to be shown off at TGS?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
IAMBEEFLESS said:
I specifically wanted you to answer :lol. Okay. I'm glad you didn't think i was trolling or anything like that. Is the game scheduled to be shown off at TGS?

E3 supposedly. Hopefully. It was teased at Jump Festa a few weeks ago and promised a reveal soon.

mehdi_san

Hey everyone !
My first post here, I thought I would start by the thread I've been reading the most recently ! Thank you Kagari for making this great thread. And thanks to everyone else for all the tips/impressions/comments etc...
I've been playing FF13 since launch (I was gonna get the game only, but I don't know what happened during my order on amazon, and I ended up getting the Lightning pack ! Weird, must my sub-conscience ^^), and I've been enjoying it so far. I am the chapter 11 now (I am a bit slow but I've been really busy with Grad School...).
Anyway, thanks again, and これからも、どうぞよろしくお願いします^^

Risette

A Good Citizen
For those who've completed the game: I just accidentally read a spoiler (it was untagged and someone quoted it, tried to scroll past :( )... (ACTUAL SPOILER BELOW)

Vanille turns into a crystal form or something?

Two questions: a) is it real? b) is it major? Once I saw it I x'd out so I couldn't pick up on many details but it was too late really.

Damnit. I think I'm going to stop visiting gaming forums other than GAF.

Jeels

Thanks for the impressions, everything people loved is what I'm looking for, and the complaints of people who actually played the game are irrelevant to my tastes, so these JP impressions have gotten me even more hyped!

Jonnyram

I've really been struggling through chapter 12.
Quite close to the end now I think. No way I was gonna touch the Adamantoise (kills all my party in its first step), but even the Juggernaut caused me quite a bit of hassle.
I guess I should have played around a bit more on chapter 11? Or would that not help much? I guess if I start filling out other branches of the Crystallium I would probably have a shitload more HP/def etc. But can I be arsed?

I have some old chapter 11 saves - can I go back to the main area from a save at the end of the chapter?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jonnyram said:
Quite close to the end now I think. No way I was gonna touch the Adamantoise (kills all my party in its first step), but even the Juggernaut caused me quite a bit of hassle.
I guess I should have played around a bit more on chapter 11? Or would that not help much? I guess if I start filling out other branches of the Crystallium I would probably have a shitload more HP/def etc. But can I be arsed?

I have some old chapter 11 saves - can I go back to the main area from a save at the end of the chapter?

I didn't have much problem with the adamantoise fight in Chapter 12, but if you're having damage issues, have a defender and two healers up as a starting optima.

Though, if it's killing in one step, you might want to do a bit more of Chapter 11. :S The HP and DEF comes in the bucket loads near the end of the grid, so it's worth exploring.

The reason I'm so excited for FF Versus is because there hasn't been ONE reason not to be yet, and everything we do know sounds awesome. So until there is one reason not to be it's full on excitement!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jonnyram said:

Once you get to chapter 13 you can go back to Eden and Pulse.

Jonnyram

Kagari said:
Once you get to chapter 13 you can go back to Eden and Pulse.
OK, guess I've just got to do this last stretch + boss then. I was only really miffed because of that part where the
Adamantoise falls through the glass so you can only grab one of the items
, but at least there is no trophy affected by that, I guess :)

Sinople

Hello all!
First post here.

Does anyone know or have an approximate idea of the drop rate of the "trapezohedron" material?
I've been farming Adamantaimais for days and nothing after 30 kills...

desu

Just in case, I hope you use the Best Choice accessory?

I guess I got at least one of them after fighting 30 Adamtaimai, but the drop rate really is pretty low.

Where and how do you farm them? Killing 30 of them shouldn't take too long.

Zoe

whatdidyousay said:
Sorry I'm late here, but does the Japanese version have any English language options? Voices, subtitles, anything?

The closest you'll get to English in the game are the locale names when the location changes.

WYWY

In chapter 7, less than 30 hours so far.

Tried the wiki suggestion for driving the summon's drive gauge up. Works surprisingly well - gauge was nearly full but the summon gauge is running out - so engaged driving mode just before it can max. Got 30 points to spend in driving mode, and diamond dust hit for 11,800 damage. This is for an un-upgraded Snow. I'll upgrade him and see if that makes a difference with the inevitable chapter boss.

Top Bottom