• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlie

Banned
It comes down to luck with treasure chests really. I ended up spamming 'Dance, Magic Dance' and only got 11 chests from all 100 leve allowances.

That's not great, I want those allowances :p Thanks for the answer.

I'll use scrips, Moonstones/GC seals, Poetics, and Void ark/CT items to go through this step then.

Terrorblot

Finally decided to resub. Only midway through the 3.1's main scenario but it's already gelling with me preeeeetty hard. Seeing a lot of the quality of life improvements is great too, definitely seems like they've been busy since I quit (after I finished Gordias).

iammeiam

on the one hand i feel like this is going to get taken overly seriously, but on the other it made me laugh:
7b5cfc349b91edefbdcd8617b63ec8fd.png

duckroll

Usually the "merchants and menders" NPCs in whatever town hub you're in will sell level appropriate gear for that zone. For example, if you're level 30 you'd shop in costa del sol. Wineport for 35. Maybe Dragonhead or Whitebrim for 40?

What I don't get is why anyone would actually BUY basic equipment ever. I bought like two things in my 50 hours of play so far. Both were a waste of money in retrospect. As you do the MSQ, you get equipment upgrades as quest rewards automatically. When you notice a new set range as a reward, it also means the sidequests in that same area will usually have rewards for the other parts of that set. Why... spend... gil.... on.... normal equipment? The only times I'm tempted to splurge is on marketplace stuff, but even then I realize it's a total waste to spend big money before I hit the 50-60 range because progression tends to be so fast that you won't get much use out of the gear before outpacing it.

Squishy3

What I don't get is why anyone would actually BUY basic equipment ever. I bought like two things in my 50 hours of play so far. Both were a waste of money in retrospect. As you do the MSQ, you get equipment upgrades as quest rewards automatically. When you notice a new set range as a reward, it also means the sidequests in that same area will usually have rewards for the other parts of that set. Why... spend... gil.... on.... normal equipment? The only times I'm tempted to splurge is on marketplace stuff, but even then I realize it's a total waste to spend big money before I hit the 50-60 range because progression tends to be so fast that you won't get much use out of the gear before outpacing it.
It's mainly there for alt jobs so you aren't worthless in your leveling roulette. (or for 50-60 so you can do daily beast tribe quests/hunts for exp and not die a horrible death)

I came home from class.... finished my relic and Ultima then logged off. Man, this patch feels like reset day or something. I'm already bored and have nothing to do but kill a12s and that's not until the weekend.

on the one hand i feel like this is going to get taken overly seriously, but on the other it made me laugh:

Not really saying it's bad, but more like weird.

Don't think I've seen this sort of thing happen before.

I guess I'll see how it's actually implemented when I get around to doing Dun Scaith this week.

B.K.

Is it possible to irreversibly screw up the build on your companion Chocobo? Mine is sitting on 12 SP that I don't know where to put because I don't know what route I want to follow on its skill tree.

Is it possible to irreversibly screw up the build on your companion Chocobo? Mine is sitting on 12 SP that I don't know where to put because I don't know what route I want to follow on its skill tree.
Nah you got items to reset that. I think you can only get one of the 3 job bardings though? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

duckroll

If I want my chocobo to be an attack healer do I just set it on free stance or is there some sort of attack/healer stance he can learn?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If I want my chocobo to be an attack healer do I just set it on free stance or is there some sort of attack/healer stance he can learn?
Free stance. Other stances are specialized. That said, chocobo's damage is so insignificant (imo), that I always roll with a 100% healer one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I feel like a mugged a kid with how easy that last Anima stage was...

Still hate that the Summoner glow is just two wings, and that book has the Caduceus symbol on it.

AST weapon glow is so much nicer.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Daddy of Light opening is here (that J-Drama based on a blog).

Hmmmm really? Then I will reconsider putting points into attack stuff.
You can always respec your chocobo by using an item you can buy for GC tokens iirc. As a BLM I thought that having a tank chocobo would be a good idea, so I went full defender. It wasn't working at all, so I went full healer and never looked back. That said, nowadays you can go past level 10 and afaik get all the skills for all stances anyway.

Luigi87

So finally hit lv.30 ACN.
How do I go about leveling up CNJ in PotD? FWIW I've unlocked the dungeon. Do I just queue up and go?

B.K.

I just finished
The Vault
dungeon. It was a rough time. We died once on the second boss. I'll admit that was my fault. It was worse than the guides made it out to be. It took five tries to beat the last boss, though. The first wipe was probably my fault. I tried to keep it out of everyone's way and I may have had it in a bad spot. The rest of it was the healer, I believe. They were new too and had a hard time of it. Oh well, we won and I got two new level 142 pieces of gear. And only one of them was from Ultros, so I don't have to worry about facing the other two again.

Omni

I just finished
The Vault
dungeon. It was a rough time. We died once on the second boss. I'll admit that was my fault. It was worse than the guides made it out to be. It took five tries to beat the last boss, though. The first wipe was probably my fault. I tried to keep it out of everyone's way and I may have had it in a bad spot. The rest of it was the healer, I believe. They were new too and had a hard time of it. Oh well, we won and I got two new level 142 pieces of gear. And only one of them was from Ultros, so I don't have to worry about facing the other two again.

Didn't they nerf that last boss? I remember it being really rather difficult before all the AST buffs too

I beat 2.0's MSQ and now it's just QUESTS EVERYWHERE
I have 16 quests right now and most of them are just unlocking Hard/Extreme/whatever versions of dungeons.
Do I have to actually run any of the dungeons? I really don't want to do difficult stuff if I can avoid it...

I beat 2.0's MSQ and now it's just QUESTS EVERYWHERE
I have 16 quests right now and most of them are just unlocking Hard/Extreme/whatever versions of dungeons.
Do I have to actually run any of the dungeons? I really don't want to do difficult stuff if I can avoid it...

You don't have to unlock and run the Hard versions of dungeons to continue with the story, though they aren't actually that difficult, no more difficult overall than the level 50 dungeons you will need to do for the story.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You don't have to unlock and run the Hard versions of dungeons to continue with the story, though they aren't actually that difficult, no more difficult overall than the level 50 dungeons you will need to do for the story.

I'd definitely recommend doing them to get the 50 roulette, though. Really helps with getting Lore and Scripture.

duckroll

Is there any reason to do them other than for exp? Cool story stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom