• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We 1 shot t8 tonight. Our 4th ever clear.

Our reward? Two pieces we have already seen twice.

How is this acceptable with a lockout?

I know little about other mmos. How do they not spit in gamers faces?

they only spit in your face if you like raiding. there is not enough content to keep raiders pleased. i don't think they can let the RNG go.

WolvenOne

I tend to figure that, either we're going to have a Token system that requires multiple weeks worths of clears to get anything, or we're going to have to put up with some degree of RNG.

That said, even the RNG would be tolerable, if they put in a third chest, at least for the later two turns. It'd reduce the size of the loot tables, so things would be considerably less cumbersome. Granted, I doubt we'll see that for second Coil, at least for this patch. They might have no choice for 2.4 though. With the addition of Ninja, things are gonna get even hairier, unless they add another few chests.

Also, while Ninja may share some equipment with Monk, I rather doubt we'll Monk and Ninja will share Coil gear.

WolvenOne

The way savage coil appears to be set up now, the DPS checks appear to require the T9 weapons in order to have a realistic shot at clearing. That makes perfect sense, if Savage Coil is meant to be the next thing for groups to do after clearing Second Coil. However, since you need those weapons, it sounds like 2nd Coil is actually holding people back from tackling additional content.

This is why it might be worth re-thinking Coil drops for third Coil.

chrono01

Meh, new gears are coming in like 1 month, I wouldn't worry too much about drops.
It's not so much about needing it for the new content, it's that we put in so much time so far, it would be heart-breaking to simply give up/move on when we can. :(

No, we will have none of that! When Square-Enix removes the lock restriction from Second Coil, we will continually run that damned place until each and every one of us has our High Allagan weapon. It's what we did with the progression from First --> Second Coil, and the same will apply here!

/determined

WolvenOne

You wouldn't say that if you had 4 SCH books already!

Probably closer to two, really. We've still got the 2.38 patch that'll introduce Personal Housing and weddings. That's probably about a month off, and I rather doubt they'll turn around two weeks later and put out yet another major patch.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's not so much about needing it for the new content, it's that we put in so much time so far, it would be heart-breaking to simply give up/move on when we can. :(

No, we will have none of that! When Square-Enix removes the lock restriction from Second Coil, we will continually run that damned place until each and every one of us has our High Allagan weapon. It's what we did with the progression from First --> Second Coil, and the same will apply here!

/determined

Yeah, farming First Coil to gear up for Second Coil was one of the better things we did.

chrono01

Yeah, farming First Coil to gear up for Second Coil was one of the better things we did.
Agreed. It was enjoyable too, so that's a positive!

The only negative thing about farming Turn 9, that I can see, is the lead-up to the transition phase. The earlier Meteor/Golem phase is so boring now. :/

Hmm the first time we cleared Twintania, we got a bow so I'm not too worried about T9 loot. Now, actually beating it on the other hand...

Ken

You guys are in trouble!

Hunts on Ultros.

Its time we took a stance against the notorious names of Free Companies like GAF!

We must also look at guilds like Terra and DEVIL who commit early pulls, and pulls only to their members and abusing of the website which I won't name.

PST William Almasy in the game to find ways to prevent these 3 guilds from messing with our community.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/188185-Hunts-on-Ultros.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The GAF beast's time is nigh, comrades. It was nice while it lasted. Time to raid the company chest and bail before the oncoming storm.

chrono01

You guys are in trouble!
i4uMO5ueUnAun.gif

You guys are in trouble!

Hahaha oh dear. That guy is insane. A while ago, I got invited to a hunt linkshell (Go Big or Go Home, I think?), and then once I joined, he started talking to me about how by getting GAF and a couple of other big FCs together, "we could control hunts on this server". I sort of nodded and went uh-huh, that's nice, then never spoke in that linkshell again. He seems to have changed his tune a bit since then.

Sophia

So has anyone actually seen a coloured chocobo yet?

Wouldn't think the items that exist to color them are there yet? The ones we planted still aren't ready.

EDIT: Nevermind, the items do apparently exist. They're going for outrageous prices tho.

dramatis

yeah, I log in, and try out various rooms, and immediately get questioned what I was doing.

SUPERSECRET ROOM!
Not supersecret room. Rather, the rooms in the mumble are usually used when people are running coil or primals. So when someone drops into a room they're potentially interrupting a run. Generally, I assume the person who drops in wants something, so sorry if it all seemed super suspicious lol.

Hahaha oh dear. That guy is insane. A while ago, I got invited to a hunt linkshell (Go Big or Go Home, I think?), and then once I joined, he started talking to me about how by getting GAF and a couple of other big FCs together, "we could control hunts on this server". I sort of nodded and went uh-huh, that's nice, then never spoke in that linkshell again. He seems to have changed his tune a bit since then.

Trully a great plan , first we control the linkshells , then we controls the hunts , and then ... THE WORLD !!
Pinky_brain.gif

What do you think of my plan , pinky ?

Not supersecret room. Rather, the rooms in the mumble are usually used when people are running coil or primals. So when someone drops into a room they're potentially interrupting a run. Generally, I assume the person who drops in wants something, so sorry if it all seemed super suspicious lol.

Nothing escapes Comrade Drama's ever watchful eyes!

Zareka

Mogstation should be up now.

Hmm, I can't get far enough in to check the price unless I leave my FC, and I don't want to bail on them just to check something. Ah well, I had to resub to PS+ anyway so a transfer would have to be later. Thanks for letting me know, though! :)

lunchtoast

Anyone experience lag issues with holding down right mouse button? I'll hold it down as I move the mouse and it won't always register or take a second. Really messes me up when I need to mouse turn.

It's not my mouse (G700) as there's no issue outside the game. I'm also not doing anything else as it'll happen when I'm just steering my mount.

yeah, I log in, and try out various rooms, and immediately get questioned what I was doing.

SUPERSECRET ROOM!
Oooh so that's why someone appeared in the room when we were raiding and then left without a word lol

Hasney

Anyone experience lag issues with holding down right mouse button? I'll hold it down as I move the mouse and it won't always register or take a second. Really messes me up when I need to mouse turn.

It's not my mouse (G700) as there's no issue outside the game. I'm also not doing anything else as it'll happen when I'm just steering my mount.

Try turning off game mode, or on if it's already off.

scy

stealing strats brb

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oooh so that's why someone appeared in the room when we were raiding and then left without a word lol

Moustache_noWater.gif

Seriously, lock the room, my curiosity knows no boundary.
Because 5 minutes later, I will have forgotten what I was doing.
And I'll do it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom