• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korten

Banned
Patch 2.4 on October 28th... But I was planning on doing Lords of the Fallen that day. Square Enix pls. Just release it tomorrow. ;)

suzu

As a filthy casual, woo nerfs.

Whoever is doing OT, should just put the free companies info and a few links (lodestone, xivdb, ffxivcrafting, r/ffxiv, etc). The rest is kinda useless now. D:

creid

Just glad I got my atmas before they introduced these filthy, sickening welfare atmas.

Even the laziest dude can clear 1-50 within a week doing challenge log, hunting log and dailies for the week.
Shirley, you can't be serious. Challenge log gets you maybe 2 levels worth of XP if you really push it. Hunting log gets you almost nothing after the mid-30's. Daily dungeons get you ~1 level per day. You'd need an awful lot of FATEs in between to do 50 in a week.

Ken

As a filthy casual, woo nerfs.

Whoever is doing OT, should just put the free companies info and a few links (lodestone, xivdb, ffxivcrafting, r/ffxiv, etc). The rest is kinda useless now. D:

Also marriage application links.

dramatis

How can material rewards be "just a bonus" when it's the whole point of some things?

You think a level 50 crafter spending 1M to craft an Inferno Book would be OK with getting nothing because "material rewards is just a bonus, I got exp"?

You are also incredible dismissive of people who enjoy vanity items for some reason, you don't care for minions or pretty dresses, but for a lot of people these things are important. Heck, remember when CT was originally released and Yoshi-P said "Even if you are full iLevel 90, you can do it for vanity"

You spent a lot of time gardening and got nothing and you are OK with it? Good for you. I spent a lot of time gardening because I wanted the minions, if it weren't for the minions I wouldn't have gardened so much.

It's a legitimate description of those who are preoccupied with looking good in a virtual world. Because internet armor is serious business.

If for a lot of people vanity is important, then let them spend real money on it. Ultimately for cosmetic items it boils down to two methods of expenditure:
1. Spend money (subscription) and time (in-game crafting, farming, etc.) to get the item.
2. Spend money (subscription) and time (earning real world money to pay cash shop) to get the item.

The level 50 crafter has two possible reasons for crafting an Inferno Book: one for vanity, the other for gil. However, he could also be crafting because he enjoys the activity, the challenge, or the prospects of making gil to finance a different activity. The journey can be more fun than the end result. Moreover, level 50 crafters are not obligated to make Inferno Books to enjoy crafting, enjoy the challenge, or make gil. The Inferno Book has never been a best in slot weapon, and therefore is not required for progression.

CT's purpose was to provide an additional piece of higher level gear for those who were behind or who would want to gear up alternative jobs. Rightfully, Yoship said as a sidenote "you can do it for vanity"—because that's a bonus, not a necessity.

In other words, for vain people obviously the material reward is the "whole point of some things", because they can't fathom how they could possibly have fun doing something, they can only fathom how they can enjoy wearing a glamour in a virtual world, and how such enjoyment is cheapened by a cash shop that serves cosmetic items.

Why yes, I gardened so that other people could get minions, because I wasn't feeding my own petty desires but the petty desires of others, and because I enjoyed gardening. Sorry gardening was such a chore for you. Too bad you can only summon one minion at a time to show off.

Oh man. This is not good. This is not good at all. So all those people that couldn't be bothered to get off their a*ses and get the ATMA will just have it handed to them on a silver platter. I'm so sick of busting my a*s in this game trying to get stuff and then they just turn around and hand it out to everyone regardless. Where is the incentive to actually put effort into getting anything when whatever it is will just be cheapened to nothing? This is bullsh*t. They should refund me the hours I spent on ATMA.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT6| I'm actually amazed by how many people fell for this

suzu

Also marriage application links.

iQhszE2zeumb.gif

Jayhawk

In terms of modifications to the first post in the OT6, I suggest having somebody eloquently describe how the game is like since we get a new person asking if they should try out this game on every other page in this OT. I also suggest adding a set of links to each version update's patch notes since we also get people asking what has changed since they last played.

In terms of modifications to the first post in the OT6, I suggest having somebody eloquently describe how the game is like since we get a new person asking if they should try out this game on every other page in this OT. I also suggest adding a set of links to each version update's patch notes since we also get people asking what has changed since they last played.

plz forward all questions as pm's to valor or endless-bravado

Taruranto

Why yes, I gardened so that other people could get minions, because I wasn't feeding my own petty desires but the petty desires of others, and because I enjoyed gardening. Sorry gardening was such a chore for you. Too bad you can only summon one minion at a time to show off.

At least people who go after vanity are honest about wanting to stroke their ego and looking better than the others.

|OT6| Kojisward

Someone's projecting

I am PC masterace and not a cat-person, so of course I'm better than the others! :C
(For the record, I was half-joking about that post and it was mostly tongue in check to his "I'm so better than you" attitude, after all I go after vanity stuff myself... like everyone in this game)

saher

Banned
Ok so i just came back after a long break and today joined a hunt party on PF...

WTF? i capped soldiery on one day.....i remember back in the day it took a long time to cap myth or philosophy in amdapor keep , is there any reason to do dungeons anymore?

iammeiam

Ok so i just came back after a long break and today joined a hunt party on PF...

WTF? i capped soldiery on one day.....i remember back in the day it took a long time to cap myth or philosophy in amdapor keep , is there any reason to do dungeons anymore?

Glamour

Gear for desynth

Books

Alex map from Expert Roulette daily

Alt class leveling

Possibly poetics capping in 8 days, unless they're good with keeping hunts as the answer to tomes

Hunts definitely made them less important though.

Jayhawk

Can somebody correctly translate this tweet from Soken?

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/524124977688494080

放送の音なんだこれ。・・・・会場の音とまるっきり違う・・・!マジむかつく、、、、!!ベースもアンビも何も鳴ってねえじゃねえか、、、、、

studyguy

I thought you spoke moon jay.

Soken says the sound between the live show and the broadcast of it was quite different, really makes him angry, the bass and ambience were not right at all. I guess this explains why everyone was saying the show wasn't that good from the stream?

Who said it wasn't good from the stream?
What terrible stream were they watching?

I thought you spoke moon jay.

Soken says the sound between the live show and the broadcast of it was quite different, really makes him angry, the bass and ambience were not right at all. I guess this explains why everyone was saying the show wasn't that good from the stream?

google was kinda close

Jayhawk

So can we make it official and say that Ranketsu's claim as the Chosen One is now over? He should be renamed to Icarus. Ranketsu flew jumped in coil too high, too soon and he was melted away by Nael's Megaflare.

So can we make it official and say that Ranketsu's claim as the Chosen One is now over? He should be renamed to Icarus. Ranketsu flew jumped in coil too high, too soon and he was melted away by Nael's Megaflare.

he's our darth vader. He may have fell now, but in the end he'll fulfill the prophecy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom