• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV launches September 30th, demo today w/ Carbuncle unlock, has combat

pablito

Good now I don't have to watch their silly event. Thanks, Gamespot.

I guess you're not interested in seeing the game then? I don't know why you'd even watch it at all. They'd probably show all the stuff and announce the date near the end. No point for you. Just check in a 9 PST for the date.

RedAssedApe

Banned
That presumes Atlus would actually finish development of Japanese version of P5 by that time frame... which is just precious. For the West we probably won't see it till Spring 2017 at best (in NA, good luck Europe).

September 30 is a good time slot for the West. It avoids the busy end of October - November window and is at the edge of Holiday buying.

i think people are crossing their fingers for a worldwide launch. if ffxv can do it...

Meowster

Amazing news but this sure sucks for Square Enix, they were trying to make this a huge memorable affair. I'll still watch and hope there is a lot they still haven't leaked just yet.

Saven

Banned
I really don't understand why people are getting upset about the date leaking. Why does that matter? The event is still going to have plenty to look forward to.

This, considering people love leaks all the time. I guess Final Fantasy XV is off grounds apparently.

Z3M0G

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/search/f=^final%2Bfantasy|bucket~games|release_date~desc

85d.gif

Boke1879

Meh this one is on Square, they shouldn't have given their highlight to the press early.

Not really this is also effectively the marketing for the game. Many companies send out info to the press. They want this to dominate the news tonight and tomorrow. While this takes the wind outbid their sails a bit I still think it'll achieve the same outcome

Ray Down

Banned
Not really this is also effectively the marketing for the game. Many companies send out info to the press. They want this to dominate the news tonight and tomorrow. While this takes the wind outbid their sails a bit I still think it'll achieve the same outcome

Pretty much.

sappyday

This, considering people love leaks all the time. I guess Final Fantasy XV is off grounds apparently.

I think it's more of the fact that people wanted this event to be special especially for those who are going and have been waiting such a long time.

I don't feel bad for Square since it's their fault but I do feel bad for Tabata and co along with the fans who wanted to be surprised tonight.

Thabass

Also,
eesh, consider not googling Carbuncle. I didn't know it also means that...

Oh my...

I think it's more of the fact that people wanted this event to be special especially for those who are going and have been waiting such a long time.

I don't feel bad for Square since it's their fault but I do feel bad for Tabata and co along with the fans who wanted to be surprised tonight.

This. I've waited for 10 years for this game and I was really looking forward to the announcement they had planned. Still I'm going to watch it, I need that Collector's Edition info.

People who are going to the event are going to be there LIVE, watching staff member in person talk about the game. They're probably going to get a live musical performance along with some cool memorabilia to take home. Like cmon... Count your blessings.

Lol wow someone fucked up at gamespot, still pretty excited to know thats its happening this year. Hopefully Star Ocean 5 comes out around july or june that way it doesn't get overshadowed.

Venom Fox

Banned
i doubt it'll be quite the final "graphics" in sense of resolution and framerate, but a helluva lot closer and thus a better indicator than Duscae. SHould be cool
Yeah In terms of framerate I don't think it'll compare at all but in terms of overall graphics e.g. resolution, textures, shadowing etc I think it will be. Based on square calling it a tech demo of sorts.
i already played the demo. it was called Episode Duscae.

it is but i don't need another demo. gonna just wait for final game.
Come on! You know you will ;P

Bennettt2

gematsu was right about the date. oh well, good news. now awaiting the meat and potatoes of the event - i wonder what they'll show
pls don't get leaked

NateDog

Huh, I suppose I won't say no to a demo, especially since I didn't play Episode Duscae. I just don't know how to feel any more about the game. Looks and seems so different to what Versus wanted to be, but it still looks good. Yet I feel like if I play it I'll just think about what could have been rather than what is. Oh well, the demo will help me anyway.

.JayZii

Banned
Huh, I suppose I won't say no to a demo, especially since I didn't play Episode Duscae. I just don't know how to feel any more about the game. Looks and seems so different to what Versus wanted to be, but it still looks good. Yet I feel like if I play it I'll just think about what could have been rather than what is. Oh well, the demo will help me anyway.
If your worried about what it could have been, I'd recommend checking out KH3 when it comes out.

NateDog

If your worried about what it could have been, I'd recommend checking out KH3 when it comes out.

Oh no KH3 is already a definite (I just posted an LTTP of 3D actually the other day heh). At least I know I'll be getting the OST for this on its first day as well as whatever art book is released (well I mean as long as one is, I should say). I'm guessing I'll just play XV down the line, maybe a while after Persona 5.

wtd2009

People who are going to the event are going to be there LIVE, watching staff member in person talk about the game. They're probably going to get a live musical performance along with some cool memorabilia to take home. Like cmon... Count your blessings.
This. Still going to be a quality experience.

Top Bottom