• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV launches September 30th, demo today w/ Carbuncle unlock, has combat

Galang

Banned
Awesome. And I'd like to think Atlus is smart enough not to push Persona 5 to a similar timeframe.. especially after working on it so long

2016-03-3020_25_56-ceccrzo.png

A mess. I keep thinking he will run out of clever things to say but damn

Ray Down

Banned
Hell the date was already leaked prior. We just have confirmation now.

They obviously have more coming if the event is 2 hours long.

Yep it was a widely reported rumor so many assumed it would be the date.

SE is not holding a 2 hour event just for the release date and demo there alot more.

Trailers, interviews, new footage, live music performance, CE and SE console, gameplay and much more.

Stay tuned people.

Krabboss

what has to happen in a person's life for them to be upset about a release date being leaked before a corporation is ready to announce it?

Whompa02

LOL poor S-E... I guess there's nothing more to leak?XD

there's 6 videos. 2 of which have been shown. I expect:

- cgi/gameplay hype trailer
- collectors edition and/or ps4 edition trailer
- some gameplay "behind the scenes" atr like trailer
- ffxv movie prequel movie thing and/or ff mobile tie in game trailer

I would imagine they would have like to make the announcement themselves instead of some random internet blogger/journalist leaking it.
The game is still going to come out and the fruits of their labor will be able to speak for themselves. Leaks happen, I'm sure the staff members have been around long enough to understand the nature of the beast. The event has gotten some of its fire doused but this isn't the first time a major leak has happened, and it won't be the last.
People are really overreacting here.

dugdug

Banned
I love it. We're always so desperate for a journalist to leak info, and then when it happens, we get mad at them for not adhering to the PR machine and spoiling the surprise.

Duxxy3

Haven't played a demo for the game. I'd love to try it out because it's been so long since I actually got into a Final Fantasy title.

Now I'm expecting to see what else they have in store for tonight. I mean, yeah, a lot of stuff leaked, but it's a 2 hours show, so there's maybe something else (besides predictible dev interviews).

Ponn

Banned
Awesome. And I'd like to think Atlus is smart enough not to push Persona 5 to a similar timeframe.. especially after working on it so long

They really should do an October release. Makes sense for the type of game and its themes and also time frame of other game releases starting to form up now.

sappyday

This is not real. The videos that got leaked were from the Chinese branch, the playlist was from the NA branch. The playlist did not include Uncovered videos, just 6 old trailers, and it showed as "private" because they were still adding videos:

Here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbhHt7tfNMCBRlJFwG8N26Ufx6AgaYCz-

Then we don't know how many they're doing. We haven't seen any actual new footage so those who are saying there's nothing more for the event well you'll be surprised.

Beautiful. It's been a long time coming, this is coming from a guy that never played an FF game but following the development of this game has been super fascinating.

EndMerit

Well I do love Carbuncle, and I never played Episode Duscae. I guess this will help me figure out wether or not I actually care about XV.

Also,
eesh, consider not googling Carbuncle. I didn't know it also means that...

Whompa02

StereoVsn

A mess. I keep thinking he will run out of clever things to say but damn
That presumes Atlus would actually finish development of Japanese version of P5 by that time frame... which is just precious. For the West we probably won't see it till Spring 2017 at best (in NA, good luck Europe).

September 30 is a good time slot for the West. It avoids the busy end of October - November window and is at the edge of Holiday buying.

Well I do love Carbuncle, and I never played Episode Duscae. I guess this will help me figure out wether or not I actually care about XV.

Also,
eesh, consider not googling Carbuncle. I didn't know it also means that...
It really recontexualizes that jewel in its head doesn't it? 😏

Top Bottom