• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV launches September 30th, demo today w/ Carbuncle unlock, has combat

JSevere

2016-03-3020_25_56-ceccrzo.png

I'm crying

also it's nice to have the date finally confirmed. feels like a great weight has been lifted off my chest after years of waiting. :D

brad-t

Haha shiiiiit, sucks this got leaked.

Event tonight is practically pointless now, no? Is anything else of note expected to be shown/announced?

Major story trailer? Gameplay? Collector's edition? Bundles? Discussion?

Seriously, this event is 1–2 hours with both a pre-show and post-show. I'm shocked to see people who were actually planning to watch this event for such an extended period of time now saying it's pointless.

SPAW

But seriously this leak gotta be a pretty big deal.

SE spent so much money on this event, damn heads will roll that's for sure.

Let's hope they are bringing more to the table. Anyways, the release data had already leaked some time ago.

Can the mod please edit the name of thread so it doesn't outright spoil? We have other thread, where its title is vague enough so we know its about leaks, but nothing really concrete. This outright ruins the surprise a lot of people was waiting for.

georly

Seriously doubt they had a whole event just to announce a release date and a demo. There has to be more.... Right?

I assume new trailers and game footage. Demo announce is sorta big, but not huge that it got spoiled. Release date isn't some grand ordeal, either. Im sure there will be plenty of stuff to see.

-Horizon-

A collector's edition better be shown. And it better not be exclusive to square's store and over $100. Or at least have different options.

Ray Down

Banned
I assume new trailers and game footage. Demo announce is sorta big, but not huge that it got spoiled. Release date isn't some grand ordeal, either. Im sure there will be plenty of stuff to see.

Pretty much, we knew about the demo before hand too.

The event wasn't just gonna be a release date. Don't know why people see the event as pointless if it leaks. This is the big media push for the game. Can't wait for the trailer and festivities tonight.

Any info about the demo? Should I get it if I already have the Type-0 version of it?

It's a free demo.

sonny4p

Square will most likely have to reveal additional info of the game that wasn't planned to make the event worthwhile again...yah?

Heartfyre

Seriously doubt they had a whole event just to announce a release date and a demo. There has to be more.... Right?

Certainly. Release date and demo announcement is ten minutes, tops. I expect lots of gameplay details, setting details, new music, Collector's Edition info, tech demonstrations and more. It's an hour-long event, I believe.

Demoskinos

I really don't understand why people are getting upset about the date leaking. Why does that matter? The event is still going to have plenty to look forward to.

Why even give Gamespot the early info and risk they spoiling the, what I assume is, a very expensive event? Let them hear the news at the same time as everyone else.

Ydelnae

Haha shiiiiit, sucks this got leaked.

Event tonight is practically pointless now, no? Is anything else of note expected to be shown/announced?

• Huge story blowout: new characters, locations, summons, etc
  • Retail boxart, collector's editions, pre-order campaign, etc.
  • Demo details
  • PS4/XBONE differences

And this was just the things we already know they are going to talk about, they also said there will be a lot of surprise. People saying that the event is a failure and no longer worth watching because Gamespot confirmed that the previously leaked release date is indeed September 30th (and even Tabata himself hinted that the release date indeed got leaked earlier this week) are missing the whole point of the event.

A release date that many had already speculated was true being leaked a handful of hours early is ruining tonight's event for some of y'all? For real?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Let's hope they are bringing more to the table. Anyways, the release data had already leaked some time ago.

At that point it was still a rumor but the release date is the biggest reveal of the event and since that is now 100% confirmed...

Top Bottom