• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV launches September 30th, demo today w/ Carbuncle unlock, has combat

And yeah it's really shameful from gamespot to do that. Even it's was not intended, it's unprofessionnal and disrespectful for Square Enix that really wanted to make a great event out of it

Things leak because publishers share information with the media beforehand. Makes me wonder about NX where Nintendo is probably not talking to video game journalist and sites at all so things aren't leaking.

Puzzles me why everybody doesn't do this

Palocca

Wow, this really deflated my excitement for going to the event tonight. Hopefully they'll have freebies for the crowds.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ce0NS9sUEAAuFOg.jpg

bigger: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce0NS9sUEAAuFOg.jpg:orig

sappyday

Awww no reason to watch the kinda funny uncovered event now.

Unless you only wanted the release date, there is still the main story trailer, collector's edition, and 4 other videos (some gaffer noticed that Square uploaded 6 private videos, 2 have been leaked).

AdanVC

At this point we might get a leak of the first glimpse of FFXVI : / Kinda dissapointed. Leaks are getting out of hand. Someone at GS is going to get screwed with this...

Ray Down

Banned
Unless you only wanted the release date, there is still the main story trailer, collector's edition, and 4 other videos (some gaffer noticed that Square uploaded 6 private videos, 2 have been leaked).

Yep they have more stuff to show then just the release date like new story and combat trailers.

Ydelnae

Square didn't upload 6 private videos, the playlist was private and it contained videos from other channels, so that's what they didn't show up.

It to be absolute bullshit if this doesn't come to PC this year. This kind of stuff you don't wait years to port like the older titles.

xion4360

This doesn't ruin the event at all. The official release date is barely what I was looking forward to, its the info and media thats important! The demo was already a known thing, the carbuncle part is the only real spoiler so far.

BumRush

Super excited for the demo! Making an in-game summon only available if you play through the demo is a STRANGE design choice, but oh well...

Hopefully there are other announcements tonight, whether they are FFXV, FFVIIR,
FFXIIHD or FFVIHD
related...

Kouriozan

Well well well, looks like there is no reasons to watch that event anymore.
Maybe for the FF 6 and 7 Remake surprise infos.

yunbuns

Will be there any special edition? I'm sold again

Most likely. I have the FFXIII-2 and FFX/X-2 CE and they both came with the soundtrack + an artbook. I expect the same thing with FFXV with maybe a figure or something else thrown in. I believe they did a watch + artbook with LR but I could be remembering wrong.

_woLf

Playable carbuncle?!?!

Fuck yeah! It's been so long since they've been more involved in a main FF game. I'm glad it's similar to the XIV design too.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Day one! Very hyped for the new demo. Square Enix is back.

I love dream worlds in games too so this second demo looks made for me.

Banned
I guess so. I would love confirmation of a PC or "unannounced platform" port. The unannounced being nx lol.

It to be absolute bullshit if this doesn't come to PC this year. This kind of stuff you don't wait years to port like the older titles.

No, bullshit would be someone telling you X for years and you expecting Y like there's some sneaky trick. They've said they'd look at the PC version AFTER the console versions are done (and out the door, i think). It'd be weird if it's not 2017 but you want a good port more than a quick port.

FelipeMGM

Sep 30th is a friday. PlayStation games come out on tuesdays.

Nah dude, big games come out on friday all the time. Even PS exclusives do. The Order came on a fiday, and March 18 (Uncharted 4 first date) was a friday as well, and these are only two recent examples

wtd2009

Bummer for square but it was expected that this would happen. Apple and Samsung can't keep their secrets any better before any of their big press conferences, I suppose it's just what happens when you make a big event out of it. Doesn't mean it won't be any less enjoyable, i'm still looking forward to watching it, or at least the highlights.

gosoxtim

i know something like was going to happen someone or some comapny would be the asshole and leaked it i it suck but iwoas going to happen i appearte what square for what doing byt could they annouce a relase date at e3? i'm still going to watch this to see what they show

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
But seriously this leak gotta be a pretty big deal.

SE spent so much money on this event, damn heads will roll that's for sure.

Haha shiiiiit, sucks this got leaked.

Event tonight is practically pointless now, no? Is anything else of note expected to be shown/announced?

Top Bottom