• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official Thor 3: Ragnarok Synopsis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

I assume Odyn made a deal with Loki at end of Thor DW? Loki keeps the throne warm while Odyn goes to bargain with Hela for Frigga?

Slayven

I hope Thor gouges his own eyes out and take the All Father's power.

hela.jpg

t361_face.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the first MCU movie where the main villain is female?

But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger — the Incredible Hulk!

Sweeeeet so can't wait to watch it, man I am so going to have fun between Thor, Spider-Man and Guardian Of the Galaxy. :D

Largely the point of the Hulk period. Fight other heroes, destroy shit, and be sad.

Plus it allows Marvel/Disney to work around Hulk movie right.

This is going to be the best comic book movie of 2017.

LOL Logan will take that title. And after how marvel WASTED mikkelson I have 0 hype for any marvel villain besides Thanos or loki. Feige takes another L for how wasteman Kaecilius was.

Mr-Joker

Banned
LOL Logan will take that title. And after how marvel WASTED mikkelson I have 0 hype for any marvel villain besides Thanos or loki.

Logan looks to be boring though and honestly speaking I keep forgetting that it's a super hero movie or related to the X-Men.

LOL Logan will take that title. And after how marvel WASTED mikkelson I have 0 hype for any marvel villain besides Thanos or loki.
Mikkelsen is casted as Kaecillus since the beginning, and I don't think Kaecillus is ever important to begin with.

As someone who didn't read dr strange comic, I at least know about Mordo, never heard about Kaecillus at all so I think that casting is doomed from the start.

Hela seems like a much more important villain in MCU. And if Zemo can survive his first movie appearance, I think Hela won't be killed in Thor 3.

Also, Loki is more antihero than villain these days, they're gonna need a new recurring villain for mcu.

That'd be weird because Thor 2 is better than Thor 1. I mean, it's not great, but at least they figured out how to properly balance the camera tripod.

Not to mention I remember a complaint was how empty Asgard looked in Thor 1 which was hugely improved in TDW.

I have a feeling this will be like Iron Man 3 for me. There'll be something that'll piss off fanboys but is secretly the best and most enjoyable movie in the trilogy.

banktree

Banned
LOL Logan will take that title. And after how marvel WASTED mikkelson I have 0 hype for any marvel villain besides Thanos or loki. Feige takes another L for how wasteman Kaecilius was.

LOL, well, there's already been 2 crappy and mediocre respectively Wolverine Movies, and 75% of the X-output is bleh, and the only reason anyone's excited about this one is because we get to see Wolverine put his claws through someone's skull and it had an okay trailer, but sure, put that one above Marvel's success rate. I mean, hell, even if Thor 3 isn't great did you forget that Guardians is coming? And Spider-Man?

7Th

Waititi actually has the best track record out of all the comic book movie directors to date.

I hope Hela knocks Thor's jaw(Literally) off like in the comics

I love the casting choice they made with Blanchett and I really hope they give her the outlet to be absolutely badass. I loved Eccleston's casting in Dark World but he had like 2 English lines and some fantasy language for his other 2. Was really disappointing to have such a cool actor (and potentially awesome villain) in such a downgraded fashion.

Cate Blanchett makes me hope for a grandiose Hela, just like she is in the books.

Kacho

It's a nice feeling being excited for a Thor movie. I was mildly hyped for the original but I thought it had tonal issues and the whole thing felt flat which was a bummer. Thor 2 came and went like a fart in the wind. This one sounds legitimately amazing and I hope they nail it.

duckroll

Taika Waititi is a better director than James Mangold though.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Can Thor's Hammer not be called from basically anywhere?

I think Thor can pretty much call the hammer from anywhere till he is deemed unworthy to weld it.

But don't quote me on that as I am not big Thor reader, though I want to fix that, and just going off from the movie and when he crossed over with Spider-Man in the comics.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Loki wants to rule Asgard, not destroy it, so perhaps Hela represents an alliance gone sour or something. The one thing we haven't seen so far is Loki getting swindled and betrayed his own self. It feels about time for the turnabout.

As for Thor's hammer, maybe it's locked in an elevator.

duckroll

This basically screws over any chance of a Planet Hulk movie, no?

That's the entire point though. They're making a Planet Hulk movie without calling it Planet Hulk because they don't want to deal with the Universal distribution issue regarding a Hulk film. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom